::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 3 | French GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 285 comments
Although I haven't joined any race yet, I've seen other non-subaru GT300 cars (from watching the qualifying, actual race, and gathering info from threads) and I can tell you my subaru can't stand a chance of winning. Here are my last two questions:
3. Is there a way of making subaru impreza '08 more competitive?
4. If the answer to the above question is NO, can i change my official car to RX7?

Thank you for taking time to read my inquiry.

Edited: Pls disregard my question on hp. my hp is 333 not 533. thanks.

No the Subaru isn't as fast, but unless you're planning on running for podiums in D1, it might not be a bad choice.

It's slightly slower but more stable than the RX7 and Garaiya. Unless you think you can do 45 laps of Monaco without putting it into a wall, you may be better served by taking the Subaru. One crash avoided by the car being more stable to drive makes up for a lot of time lost. I think a lot of people would have benefited from having a slower but safer car at Laguna Seca this past week.

But that's just my opinion.

Omg I just figured something out with the quali spreadsheet that I can't believe I missed before. I was used to having to order the qualifying times by copying and pasting over and over (which was tedious) but I just found out (through a friend) that you can order them up by highlighting all the times, along with the driver name and car, and then right clicking - clicking on "Sort..." and selecting "Sort A-->Z".

It puts them in order by fastest time automatically! So simple!
Stewards, go try this right now on the Laguna Seca sheet. Use Shift+ the arrow keys to highlight multiple cells, then right click and sort in reverse by selecting "Z-->A" and you'll find that it organizes the times slowest to fastest. Just reverse it to set it back correctly.

So now you can just enter the time anywhere and let the sheet sort the times out. Awesome. Just had to share this moment of geekness.

Link

No the Subaru isn't as fast, but unless you're planning on running for podiums in D1, it might not be a bad choice.

It's slightly slower but more stable than the RX7 and Garaiya. Unless you think you can do 45 laps of Monaco without putting it into a wall, you may be better served by taking the Subaru. One crash avoided by the car being more stable to drive makes up for a lot of time lost. I think a lot of people would have benefited from having a slower but safer car at Laguna Seca this past week.

But that's just my opinion.

I will take that into consideration, and since Masi and Denilson did not reply to my inquiry I think subaru is good enough for me (as of the moment). The truth is, I'm more comfortable with subaru right now. Maybe i will try RX7 in the next season, I bought one this morning. It's faster but I noticed the obvious disadvantage in handling compared to subaru. :)

I will take that into consideration, and since Masi and Denilson did not reply to my inquiry I think subaru is good enough for me (as of the moment). The truth is, I'm more comfortable with subaru right now. Maybe i will try RX7 in the next season, I bought one this morning. It's faster but I noticed the obvious disadvantage in handling compared to subaru. :)

The car must be stock no engine or turbo upgrades plus weight reduction.

I think the the subru you can add the chassis rig

I'll host a quali session from 18.00 pm (CET) to 20.00 pm (CET). The room might be up a little bit earlier and close a little bit later. At 20.45 pm (CET) I'll watch Barcelona-Arsenal! Visca el Barca!!

im goin cinema in bit the the miss i should be on later so i can host after you chorda :) or take over room etc we will see 👍

i need to get some practice in :scared:

Great!

Btw, if you guys wonder what happens with the official results, I can tell you that we are done with everything and Andil will send me the sheets when he got time (he has a lot of work this week).

Nothing is changed from the results from the race. But I get -10p to the rep-point table and +40 seconds for causing avoidable damage to GTP_monoha. And all drivers in GT500's will move up accordingly due to tony1311's retirement. This is because tony1311 retired before the result was official.

I want to join in on the fun today (and for the series) and already read the rules. Is there a streamlined way to register and race by 12pm PST when the room is created?

Hey guys. :D I've had my eye on this championship since its creation...

Although it may not mean much, I just wanted to say top job gentlemen 👍

I really admire the organisation and commitment to a season long series. I also really wish I could join. With work and the responsibility of concours, regretably I couldnt commit to making every race. Which is a shame because like I said, I really like what you're doing here 👍

Anyway just popped my head in. I'll be off, but I wish you guys the best of luck :)

Happy racing!!

I'll host a quali session from 18.00 pm (CET) to 20.00 pm (CET). The room might be up a little bit earlier and close a little bit later. At 20.45 pm (CET) I'll watch Barcelona-Arsenal! Visca el Barca!!
I will do my qualy in this time. :)

Hey guys. :D I've had my eye on this championship since its creation...

Although it may not mean much, I just wanted to say top job gentlemen 👍

I really admire the organisation and commitment to a season long series. I also really wish I could join. With work and the responsibility of concours, regretably I couldnt commit to making every race. Which is a shame because like I said, I really like what you're doing here 👍

Anyway just popped my head in. I'll be off, but I wish you guys the best of luck :)

Happy racing!!

Thank you so much! Obvoiusly the biggest part of this championship is to Masi_23.. The rest of us (Stewards and drivers) just "goes along"... It's quite easy when the rules, regulations and procedures are working as well as they do. One major factor is also the amount of clean and skilled racers in this league. I think we can thank the 6-7 pre-season races we had. It might felt like a bit of overkill in the beginning, but now, when the WSGTC is on a roll, I can with ease say it was worth the wait. Thank you for "popping your head" in. 👍
And I hope you'll be able to participate next season. 👍

Quali/practice room up: 1472-6681-3329-8088-5485 CLOSED (if Nycrom is not still there)

Last edited:
Monaco specific questions:

1. What level of hitting/rubbing against walls will be considered a "dirty lap" in quali?
2. The chicane has grey concrete - does that mean we can go thru it or do we need to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strip?

1. What level of hitting/rubbing against walls will be considered a "dirty lap" in quali?
2. The chicane has grey concrete - does that mean we can go thru it or do we need to keep 2 wheels on the rumble strip?

1 i think as long you dont get a advantage all laps wil be clean

2 2 wheels on the red and white i think:)

Quali/practice room up: 1472-6681-3329-8088-5485

I'm coming your way in about 15 minutes to do a quick 4 lap warm up and quali!

And those are very good questions Atlas, I would like to know myself!

Hey guys, the real Masi_23 speaking!

Just want to say big thanks to Dennis for taking over, superb job m8 👍 Unfortunately, im still not ready to come back.
I might try out next week though since its spring break.

Dennis, if you have the current points results for Race 2, ill be happy to update the table like so: Drivers Table

Anyway, goodluck to all this week.

:cheers:

EDIT: Dennis, since this week is a same class race, the grids can be filled to the brim (16 cars).

Hey Masi! Hope everything is going well your end and you'll be able to join us full time again soon 👍

Damn, I can make qualifying days, but it's hard on the race days (Fridays) 30 minutes before 1300 (PST) according to the rules, so I guess that puts me out. Have fun you guys.

Hi Masi! We miss you around here m8! Hope everything is working out just fine for you, and that you'll be back soon.

Yes, I was thinking about that.. But I guessed since we did 14 cars in the mixed-class races, we should stick to top 14 now as well. But if you want to do 16 cars, I have no problem with that. Just let me know. 👍

As you can see, you've got a few PM's with a lot of possitive comments about the format rules, regulations and procedures. A few also asked if they could use parts of the WSGTC's rules and regulations, but since you are the organizer, I did not send them any answers.

Andil got the results from last week. I'll send them to you when he send them to me :)

Hope to see you back on track soon. 👍

1. A lap is considered clean if no time was gained when hitting the wall. The exact formulation (if you are interested) is in the OP.

2. You can not be outside the red/white rumble strip with more than two verticaly in line wheels. The exact formultion is in the OP.

Take care, Masi! We'll keep the tires warm for ya! Hey Denilson, is that Quali room still up? I'd like to turn a few laps now that I got some free time.

I'm not in the room. But Nycrom was there when I left. You can try to cennect, he might still be there.

And I also noticed the typo regarding your car. We will sort it out. 👍

I can't find any stewards who are in a room...

Let us know if you guys go on again, as i won't be around tomorrow... Tonight is my last chance to Qualify! :nervous:

nycrom1971
In few minutes i will open a room for u.

I may be in to qualify today. Got a little dialing in on the car to do. If I can't remove some time then, I will make my run.

Dennis, sent you a PM in regards to points. Looks like I should had 30 + 10= 40 at Suzuka and at Laguna it was 34 + 10 + 3 + 2 = 49

If we all moved up points. I would rather not if it takes mr earned bonus away. To be honest. I worked really hard at Laguna and may not get another W, so I am hanging on to it or now. Hahaha

Basically my total should be 89 or if we moved up a place maybe 92

Again greatly appreciate you looking into this.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back