::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 3 | French GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 285 comments
I may be in to qualify today. Got a little dialing in on the car to do. If I can't remove some time then, I will make my run.

Dennis, sent you a PM in regards to points. Looks like I should had 30 + 10= 40 at Suzuka and at Laguna it was 34 + 10 + 3 + 2 = 49

If we all moved up points. I would rather not if it takes mr earned bonus away. To be honest. I worked really hard at Laguna and may not get another W, so I am hanging on to it or now. Hahaha

Basically my total should be 89 or if we moved up a place maybe 92

Again greatly appreciate you looking into this.

the room is open from now to 12:00CET for qualy

room n.1472 6399 8565 2935 3069

Just wanted to post this video because it was pretty useful in the past but it should work here too. I wanted to post it 'cause when I started racing in WSGTC I was really thrown off by all the GT300 cars moving over for me in GT500, it's just not the way to go.

Excellent Video. I admit that I learned somethings that will be useful on race day.

I may be in to qualify today. Got a little dialing in on the car to do. If I can't remove some time then, I will make my run.

Dennis, sent you a PM in regards to points. Looks like I should had 30 + 10= 40 at Suzuka and at Laguna it was 34 + 10 + 3 + 2 = 49

If we all moved up points. I would rather not if it takes mr earned bonus away. To be honest. I worked really hard at Laguna and may not get another W, so I am hanging on to it or now. Hahaha

Basically my total should be 89 or if we moved up a place maybe 92

Again greatly appreciate you looking into this.

The GT500 Table should look like this I think: (Fixed an issue regarding a car name, and gave 2x Finished Race bonus points to OwensRacing, 1 was missed previously)

GT500-Table.jpg

I have you on 88pts, I don't know how you can get to 89. Also bear in mind you don't get bonus points for "Pole" in Div2 or Fastest Lap - it is Pole overall, and Fastest Lap overall (if a Div2 driver sets the fastest race lap, they get the points), afaik.

Everyone in Race 2 moved up a position (in GT500) which has already been accounted for.

Andy, i don't see a winner on Race 1. Was he DQ'ed? Who was it?
Also, there's only 1 Fastest lap and 1 Pole currently. Can you tell me the others?

I'm organizing a new table and Im currently basing it off this one which Dennis provided me:
GT500-R2Total.jpg

It was Tony and he is no longer in the series (shame).

No one got moved up in positions for Race 1 because the result was official, whereas in Race 2 Tony had pulled out of the series before the result was official (ie. 24 hours after the race)

Also surprise surprise, Pole was for Tony, and Fastest Lap in Race 1 also for Tony :P

Also use the table I posted just above, it is fixed I think.

Tony could go into the standings just for keeping track of things, but we felt it was simpler to take him out of the table to avoid confusion.

That's a good ilustration there Wardez! Sometimes the smaller class driver think's he's being courtious and doing the proper thing by moving over, when in reality he's potentially causing a situation. Not a bad idea to also remind lapped cars not to get competitive with the car passing about to lap them, even if they feel they got a chance to get away from him.
Thank's for posting man!

GT500 Table

PTS501.jpg

NOTE I was hoping i could get some more data, like who started a race and who finished/did not finish?
That way i could distinguish who participated that certain race weekend. It's all trivial but a nice tid bit to look at as archive.

NOTE 2 how did NilsUrban get points if he didn't finish the race? Or is it just a typo?

Last edited:
If a driver completes 85% of the race or more, they get points for wherever they finished. In NilsUrban's case he finished something like all but 1 lap (disconnected on final lap or something similar), so got his points for where he finished up, but didn't get the bonus points for finishing the race. Make sense? Same is why Paginas has 1 "Finished Race" bonus point, but actually has points from 2 races - because he too disconnected on the final lap, but at the 2nd race.

(Personally I think the "finished race" bonus points are unnecessary when we also have the 85% rule)

Also there are full results of who started and didn't finish etc. in the Race 1 + Race 2 topics

great post wardez this needs to be implented into the races we do it makes life so much easier if the gt300 guys just hold the line, yes its nice if a gt300 moves out of the way but i could be about to overtake it and bang it moves over

Hmmm... alrighty. I'll check the Results. By the way, let's keep it to 16 cars for Friday per race. This way, more can participate even though only 14 cars will get points.

btw, lots of typos on my table... will be doing a bit of clean up. OP should be neat and tidy by the end of the day :)

The car must be stock no engine or turbo upgrades plus weight reduction.

I think the the subru you can add the chassis rig

Ya, that's clear in the OP. I'm within the regulation. BTW the Subaru can't use the racing hard tyre unless there is chassis rigidity. Thanks for reminding me. 👍

Andil
The GT500 Table should look like this I think: (Fixed an issue regarding a car name, and gave 2x Finished Race bonus points to OwensRacing, 1 was missed previously)

I have you on 88pts, I don't know how you can get to 89. Also bear in mind you don't get bonus points for "Pole" in Div2 or Fastest Lap - it is Pole overall, and Fastest Lap overall (if a Div2 driver sets the fastest race lap, they get the points), afaik.

Everyone in Race 2 moved up a position (in GT500) which has already been accounted for.

I reread the rules. I took the disconnection part where it said Div 2 can earn 2nd place. I combined that with the points and added up came to 59. Where d1 2nd is 60. So I just excited and didn't see that it is separate. Which truly makes more sense.

My fault.

btw, lots of typos on my table... will be doing a bit of clean up. OP should be neat and tidy by the end of the day :)

Hey, you can't rush perfection. Take your time, we're fine with waiting.

Momentary aside, Wow was I loose during practice! lol Thankfully, I'm finally chipping away at that pesky over-steer! Probably gonna burn the midnight oil tonight and work on cleaning up my line for the final day of qualifying.

BTW the Subaru can't use the racing hard tyre unless there is chassis rigidity.

Sorry, what? Could you explain that one a little more? Do you mean it's difficult to drive, or that it actually cannot use RH without the rigidity upgrade? I don't recall having any major issues with tyre types during the preseason when I used the Subaru.

Just wanted to post this video because it was pretty useful in the past but it should work here too. I wanted to post it 'cause when I started racing in WSGTC I was really thrown off by all the GT300 cars moving over for me in GT500, it's just not the way to go.

Good video.

It should be noted that the GT300/GT500 situation is very similar to the Miata/V8 situation he described. The cornering speeds are very similar, but the GT500s are much faster on the straights.

Sorry, what? Could you explain that one a little more? Do you mean it's difficult to drive, or that it actually cannot use RH without the rigidity upgrade? I don't recall having any major issues with tyre types during the preseason when I used the Subaru.

It can't use the Racing hard tyre if no chassis rigidity installed. Even if you already bought the RH tyre and check it as your tyre option, a screen notice will appear suggesting that you need to have chassis rigidity in order to equip your subaru with RH tyre-- i know that coz it happened to me. I think thats the reason why Masi allowed chassis rigidity in subaru so that RH tyre can be installed in the car. :)

It can't use the Racing hard tyre if no chassis rigidity installed. Even if you already bought the RH tyre and check it as your tyre option, a screen notice will appear suggesting that you need to have chassis rigidity in order to equip your subaru with RH tyre-- i know that coz it happened to me. I think thats the reason why Masi allowed chassis rigidity in subaru so that RH tyre can be installed in the car. :)

This I have to try. I know that wasn't the case during the Nurb pre-season race, but that was weeks and several patches ago. I will be hilariously amused if PD has broken the Subaru.

Edit: Nope, my Subaru works fine and it still doesn't have rigidity installed. Besides, the car comes with RH as standard if I recall. Can you take a photo of the error message? I want to see it so that I can mock PD for being munchkins. :)

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Johan? I don't see him in any of the results.

Im not too sure, i play with him with a mess around series on saturday so his still around.

However he didnt like the heavy damage and hard tyres too much, so i think he has left the series. Plus his been busy with eppe making team series.

he hasnt officaly said his left so he might of been busy. we will see

had a phonecall so parked in a clear spot on the track expecting the call to be done shortly - but it wasnt.
got kicked and now blocked from joining.
that was fun.
👎

EDIT:
Wardez, going to practice in my lounge
would you be free later to either join or host a room for my qual?
also, for would be hosts in the future - if you have a member idling on the track and want them off, just reset the track.
booting them out just restricts them from rejoining that lobby entirely - and not fair for that participant

I'm sorry if you could not join again after I booted you. But I had to do it. All of us was typing you to get of track, because HortusIX was about to quali. And when you did not, I kicked you from the room.

Next time you get a phonecall, make sure to leave the track. Part because we don't need to end up in a situation like the one I just stated above, and part because even if you are parked in a "clear spot" you will interfear with other drivers. Maybee not beeing in the way, but just to see a car standing still when approaching the charp hairpin before the start/finish line can take your concentration away.

Those that wants/needs to qualify today needs to log into psn before 16.05 GMT

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:05 on Wednesday 9 March 2011 until 03:00 on Thursday 10 March 2011, GMT.
During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.
In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:05 on Wednesday 9 March 2011.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/08/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-3/

I suggest we cancel quali altogether this week and go with the current standings... then its first come first serve for the remaining spots (if available). Official WSGTC drivers only of course.

Latest Posts

Back