::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how to record replays......:( I will need briefed before hosting again. I was a fill in last moment and was really clueless out side laps, settings, and clicking start race.

After each online race you can click the "Race Results" (Podium Icon) next to the chat button in the lobby, and in there is an option to save the replay. 👍

No worries man, its just the preseason. Did people drop out or they just didn't want to finish the race?

I never even saw Dregato enter a car nor is he anywhere on my replay lol.. As for African_kat, he was disconnected at lap 16 and rejoined to watch. Zyber_SE just left around the same time.

Of the 9 people who started, 7 finished.

So no disconnection? That's a good sign to say the least. So Owens will be interim D2 host until we finalize it with further testing :)

I never even saw Dregato enter a car nor is he anywhere on my replay lol.. As for African_kat, he was disconnected at lap 16 and rejoined to watch. Zyber_SE just left around the same time.

Of the 9 people who started, 7 finished.

not even on the formation lap...some guy was in there...i'll find it later

So no disconnection? That's a good sign to say the least. So Owens will be interim D2 host until we finalize it with further testing :)

1 Disconnect - African_kat disconnected at 16 randomly, out of his control.

i havent looked at the replay....but where you the one that overshot turn 1?

Yes! I was tucked in behing Stigma and did not want to touch his car, so I tapped the brake to get some room before heavy braking....well that upset the car enough to move out his draft. Then I knew I was not going to get in right with out causing chaos. Took the dirt instead and rejoined at then end. Missed the chaos on back stretch, came on two cars off track there. Then ran it best I could, lucky the NSX was slow, I caught him when he pitted. Came around two more for my pit lost my position to him. Ran the hides off it catching. I did so, but before we could get some good racing in he found the soft stuff. What happen there?

i just hate gt5 online for not leting me join in div1 :banghead::yuck:

I think you could've raced with us if you joined in the beginning.

I could've restarted the room also, but i already told everyone you weren't coming... until you messaged me. Sorry man, hopefully, next week will be better for everyone :D

I had a pretty smooth race apart for some lapping incdens,

I had a very good car for sector one, so I managed to get a gap on lap 2 and could just focus on even lap times from then.

I saved a replay and looked at it.

On lap 19 i was overaking Eppe on the straigh down towards the hairpin. I've been rearended by GT300 cars before so I decide to brake late and hold the inside line. This compromized the corner slightly and on the exit, Eppe accelerated on the inside of me and pushed me into the grass. Lined up for another pass on the long straights before the chicane.In the middle Eppe moved from left to right to take the apex of the little bend (OK) so I had to lift off. I was prepared for that, so I accelerated and past him on the straight leading into the chicane. Again to avoid possible rearending I took an inside line compromizing the chicane and on the exit Eppe again took an inside line and pushed me off track. Fortunately no damage and I could finally overtake him on the long starting straight.

With one lap to go I ended up behind Neome and Masi. They where not that close but could have been fighting for position, so I decided just to cruise behind them for the last lap. Not expecting problems but why take the risk when I didn't need to.

Bottom line ----- If a GT300 driver gets the opportunity to re-pass a GT500 car after being lapped, just don't do it. Lift off for max half a sec and let the GT500 get going. In Eppes case, I was about 7 seconds faster per lap. That half a sec you might lose is nothing to having to wait until the next chance for a safe lapping.

I think you could've raced with us if you joined in the beginning.

I could've restarted the room also, but i already told everyone you weren't coming... until you messaged me. Sorry man, hopefully, next week will be better for everyone :D

actually i managed to connect to div 2 and race but i cant understand why i couldnt join you room

So glad to know how to record online replays! I actually complained about that. I thought you guys was using some fancy in line recording software. . . I am feeling pretty silly. Thank you Boltzz for getting the replay.

An exchange of some cell number may be ideal too.

So glad to know how to record online replays! I actually complained about that. I thought you guys was using some fancy in line recording software. . . I am feeling pretty silly. Thank you Boltzz for getting the replay.

An exchange of some cell number may be ideal too.

owen can you pleaze confirm that i was in gt300 in div 2 and finished first because for a strange reason boltz couldnt see me. anyone else can confirm?

A few shots from Division 2's race:

Parade Lap, first corner. GT500 Group.
o6lbw7.jpg

Parade Lap. GT300 Group.
29mvxae.jpg

Lap 1, first corner - just moments before Owens went to play in the sand :sly:
mac8sg.jpg

Lap 1, last chicane.
bj2xj.jpg

5x4etj.jpg

With one lap to go I ended up behind Neome and Masi. They where not that close but could have been fighting for position, so I decided just to cruise behind them for the last lap. Not expecting problems but why take the risk when I didn't need to.

I noticed that. I thought it was very kind.

owen can you pleaze confirm that i was in gt300 in div 2 and finished first because for a strange reason boltz couldnt see me. anyone else can confirm?

O_o Really? lol

When the race started it showed you not even in a car (having just been in the GTR) and I never saw you on screen the entire race or in my replay :nervous:

Ok, looks like it was a good race but also had it's problems.

drivers NEED to respect the official time for race start. If you don't want any freeruns, that's fine. But a race can not be held... If 13 drivers have made arrangements at home to actually have the time to race, it should not ever be any reason why a race is delayed. I wolud be pissed if I had made plans to do after the race, and then all of a sudden the race is not started intill 30 min late or something, making my plans go down the garbage.

All drivers that will enter this event NEED to understand all the rules and regulationa. Regarding qualifications, Connect times, race times a.s.o..

I'd say, no more new drivers, since it's pretty obvious (for me) that theye are in for "a funny" race, not seeing the whole picture. A few of us has been around here for weeks, trying to explain what clean racing is all about, explain rules a.s.o. If a driver can't even dedicate the small amount of time it takes to read and fully understand all rules, I don't think theye should be approved for the series. Doesn't matter if the grid is full or not.

Btw Neomone/Imari, your Subaru was totally trashed on Lap 1 on my replay, that surely wasn't what it was like in the actual race, right? Otherwise I'm pretty impressed at the lap times you were managing with a screwed engine and all four wheels pointing in the wrong direction :P

Btw Neomone/Imari, your Subaru was totally trashed on Lap 1 on my replay, that surely wasn't what it was like in the actual race, right? Otherwise I'm pretty impressed at the lap times you were managing with a screwed engine and all four wheels pointing in the wrong direction :P

I noticed that too. It was during the parade lap. Contact with the other RX7.

who saved the replay in div2 ? also i am thinking to test gt500 in the next race. can someone enlighten me which is the best gtr and which is the best nsx?

who saved the replay in div2 ? also i am thinking to test gt500 in the next race. can someone enlighten me which is the best gtr and which is the best nsx?

I saved the reply for div2 and you are nowhere to be seen in it's entirety :scared:

Heh, really? Nah, it was shiny and clean on my end. That was just my camouflage to try and make you guys THINK I was slower than I actually was.

Well overall looking at these times I am pretty satisfied getting the third best overall time and fourth best lap time! This weeks qualifying should be funny to say the least :lol:

Ok, looks like it was a good race but also had it's problems.

drivers NEED to respect the official time for race start. If you don't want any freeruns, that's fine. But a race can not be held... If 13 drivers have made arrangements at home to actually have the time to race, it should not ever be any reason why a race is delayed. I wolud be pissed if I had made plans to do after the race, and then all of a sudden the race is not started intill 30 min late or something, making my plans go down the garbage.

All drivers that will enter this event NEED to understand all the rules and regulationa. Regarding qualifications, Connect times, race times a.s.o..

I'd say, no more new drivers, since it's pretty obvious (for me) that theye are in for "a funny" race, not seeing the whole picture. A few of us has been around here for weeks, trying to explain what clean racing is all about, explain rules a.s.o. If a driver can't even dedicate the small amount of time it takes to read and fully understand all rules, I don't think theye should be approved for the series. Doesn't matter if the grid is full or not.

I will keep note of all the active drivers.

Keep watch of the new thread.

I couldn't stay connected to the D2 room. Disconnect every 5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back