::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive actually read about that glitch a few times in the forum... never experienced it before though.

Search "invisible car"

I could've hosted D2 1 hour after D1 ...but people didn't like how late it was going to be (last week) so we had Monoha set as host. Unfortunately, he has some issues with his network.

It's weird how Sigma connected with Owens and not to mine. We should have the host set a few days before raceday. Online qualy sessions should be able to serve as connection tests also.

here's the result from D1.

photo2-4.jpg

Bump.

Ive actually read about that glitch a few times in the forum... never experienced it before though.

Search "invisible car"

The invisible car glitch is one I have seen quite a few times.

The invisible cars do not interact with each other, they are not aware of each other, but others can see both of them.

It's awkward because it's an advantage for those who can see fewer people, as they don't have to overtake as they will simply pass straight through.

You can see when people can't see each other as they will be glitching inside of each other, I saw some of it in the D2 race.

The most weird aspect of it, if you are in second and you can't see the winner of the race, then it will tell you are in first. Don't celebrate too early. :P

How many started in Division 2?

Division 2 Starters:

GTP_Sigma
OwensRacing
boltzz_
faqoldschool
jdm_drift_team77

sallyk23
GTP_african_kat (disconnected at lap 16)
biffyClyro93
ZyBeR_SE (dropped out)

Division 2 Starters:

GTP_Sigma
OwensRacing
boltzz_
faqoldschool
jdm_drift_team77

sallyk23
GTP_african_kat (disconnected at lap 16)
biffyClyro93
ZyBeR_SE (dropped out)

i see... too bad only a few started... if i could, i can move back D1 races and then host D2. Unfortunately, commitments in real life is in the way.

EDIT: Did you save the replay? would be nice if you can get some data (total laps, intervals, and fastest laps)

i see... too bad only a few started... if i could, i can move back D1 races and then host D2. Unfortunately, commitments in real life is in the way.

Then I won't be able to race in any of the races. :sly: :P

The invisible car glitch is one I have seen quite a few times.

The invisible cars do not interact with each other, they are not aware of each other, but others can see both of them.

It's awkward because it's an advantage for those who can see fewer people, as they don't have to overtake as they will simply pass straight through.

You can see when people can't see each other as they will be glitching inside of each other, I saw some of it in the D2 race.

The most weird aspect of it, if you are in second and you can't see the winner of the race, then it will tell you are in first. Don't celebrate too early. :P

Sounds creepy and funny at the same time.

Thanks for stepping up and organizing that, you did a decent job of telling people were they start and the likes.

A good race people, a few mistakes from myself and managed to suitably damage my car. I feel for those who's damage was a result of others, racing is a cruel sport at times.

Two people nearly went into the back of me in the first corner, one at the start of the race, one later on. Credit to them, both managed to swerve and avoid collision, braking into that first corner is tricky especially with the added speed from a slipstream.

I apologies for jumping into the Division 2 race, I hope I didn't ruin it for you GT500 guys. My connection doesn't like Masi's so I am not sure how i am going to carry on in D1 in future. :indiff:

Good race anyway and well done to those who finished. 👍

I could've hosted D2 1 hour after D1 ...but people didn't like how late it was going to be (last week) so we had Monoha set as host. Unfortunately, he has some issues with his network.

It's weird how Sigma connected with Owens and not to mine. We should have the host set a few days before raceday. Online qualy sessions should be able to serve as connection tests also.

here's the result from D1.

photo2-4.jpg

NICE. Finally a list where Im on.:nervous:

We better get things sorted for next week's race.

I may start D1 race early by atleast an hour or so.

'Maybe'

...closing this thread once i get proper data from both results.

Did anyone from D2 save the replay?

I didn't, perhaps I should because I could see most people.

Checking the replay for Div1 now (just for final positions, gaps and fastest laps), will put a table up in about 20mins :)

Erhemmm...

Protest.

Nils gave me some extra work to do at today's race.

Lap 2(3) Nils goes wide at T4 – And blocks at straight before the chicane
Lap 3(4) Nils block me on Dunlop hairpin, while I was overtaking on the inside, then hit me on the left side and then spin me out?? (I have to check that last again)
Lap 16(17) I may have blocked Nycrom on T2, he then hit me on T4

Checking the replay for Div1 now (just for final positions, gaps and fastest laps), will put a table up in about 20mins :)

nice, was gunna have a look tomorrow morning but hey dont need to now lol

Erhemmm...

Protest.

Lap 3(4) Nils block me on Dunlop hairpin, while I was overtaking on the inside, then hit me on the left side and then spin me out?? (I have to check that last again)

if no one does it till im awake tomorrow il happily have a look for you as i werent involved in them ones lol

Erhemmm...

Protest.

Nils was straight-lining the chicane in free practice when I was watching him, might be worth checking that in the race. My apologies for posting accusations, but I think the stewards ought to be notified.

Erhemmm...

Protest.

Well last one is a though call maybe. But he Nycrom had fresher tyres and better pace. No need to make such a move.

GT500 guys need to learn when to pass the GT300 cars. Passing in a hairpin is stupid and dangerous.

If I did this, I dont think I ran anyone dirty, but I was gunning for third the entire race.....I am sorry.

EDIT: Did you save the replay? would be nice if you can get some data (total laps, intervals, and fastest laps)

I did save the replay, just took some pictures. Will I have to go to the last lap to see best lap times etc?

Kamykaze1098
Erhemmm...

Protest.

Well last one is a though call maybe. But he Nycrom had fresher tyres and better pace. No need to make such a move.

I was watching that battle between you and nycrom in the last half of the race.

Nothing untowards happened in my opinion. There wasn't excessive weaving or blocking, just aggressive racing, which is how it should be.

GT500 guys need to learn when to pass the GT300 cars. Passing in a hairpin is stupid and dangerous.

Certainly, it works both ways.

I have found lapping on the whole to be very good.

There has been the odd instance were lapping has felt like trying to overtake, which it shouldn't.

lapped cars should make some attempt to yield, likewise lapping cars need to have a bit of patients.

A lapped car holding the line makes sense in the corner, lapping shouldn't really occur during a corner, it's dangerous.

Someone being lapped should really briefly lift on the straight if it looks like the lapping car will be overtaking them at the following corner, sometimes the closing speeds are too great to judge so the lapper should be patient, stay behind for the corner and lap on the next straight.

Both the lapper, and the person getting lapped should except that the process may loose them a small amount of time, but if done properly should cost neither that much.

Certainly, it works both ways.

I have found lapping on the whole to be very good.

There has been the odd instance were lapping has felt like trying to overtake, which it shouldn't.

lapped cars should make some attempt to yield, likewise lapping cars need to have a bit of patients.

A lapped car holding the line makes sense in the corner, lapping shouldn't really occur during a corner, it's dangerous.

Someone being lapped should really briefly lift on the straight if it looks like the lapping car will be overtaking them at the following corner, sometimes the closing speeds are too great to judge so the lapper should be patient, stay behind for the corner and lap on the next straight.

Both the lapper, and the person getting lapped should except that the process may loose them a small amount of time, but if done properly should cost neither that much.

1 word = "agreed" lol

Rules are rules.. and yes, it is preseason, that's why it doesn't matter for Scincx.. He'll be in the back of the grid, but it does'nt matter since it preaseason.

About that lap with Racing Softs, is 5 sec penalty enough? I guess I would end up in 1:st place even if I recieved a 5 sec. penalty with racing softs.. I think that on a big/long circuit, you could easy be 5-10 seconds faster with RS compared to RH.. Am I way off, or does it make sence?

I was watching that battle between you and nycrom in the last half of the race.

Nothing untowards happened in my opinion. There wasn't excessive weaving or blocking, just aggressive racing, which is how it should be.
Kamikase, these are racing wheel covers, I have fought successfully without damaging your car, it was a fantastic battle, probably the better of the race. ;)

I agree as well. You won't see a car lapping another diving to the inside to overtake a car in different division. It's not worth the risk. As it was I got rear-ended on the back straight and had to pit thus relegating me to last in GT300.

One more incident i wanted to watch again to be sure...

Again Nils, on lap 3(4), at T1, blocking my move, while i was on the inside.

Gosh i lost some time behind him.

And i'm sorry if i'm being too much of an ass protesting like this. I love racing, and most off all i love clean racing (i like schumacher but lets not judge here :sly:), and again, in this kind of situations i slow down and let the other cars by, or try to take an outside line wich is safe for the both cars, so i get frustrated when something like this happens.

I'll be out for the weekend so i'll check your replies on this matter on sunday night.

I didn't even break 2'04s? I guess i played it too safe :D Oh well, atleast i finished 2nd ;)

p.s. all incidents, please report to the stewards

Paginas, did you apply for stewardship? Akmuq and the canadian guy will be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back