::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the next guy in line on D2 GT300 - ffocus

Vagabone moves back down to D2 GT500

Owens, can you try hosting? D1 will start in about 15 minutes. Race should be 40 minutes.

Im not sure if people will wait that long since its pretty late in GMT by then.

I'll try to hold out, I have a flexible bedtime lol.

Private Lounges are a bit unstable in my experience.

Open lobbies should be the choice. Plus, it removes the hassle of adding people.

Sonic has decided to appear the last minute, apologies for the D2 guys moving around :D

Baah, the internet connection in my apartment isn't working :( what a shame. (I'm using my iPhone as modem right now).

My connection seems unwilling to let me race, so I think I am out for this one. I hoped it would clear up like last week, but it appears I have run out of time.

I will try and join in 10 minutes on the off chance the race hasn't started, but if it has, I will watch the race until I get disconnected again (so probably 1 minute). :sly:

So to all of those about to race, best of luck. 👍

Division 2 is going to be a complete mess. No organization and people coming and going and showing up late, wanting to switch classes on the spot.. Really should have had a setup host and admin/steward for this :/

sorry d2 guys if sounded a little sarcastic, or like an idiot... hehehe

i'll race you guys next week

I must apologise to Falcon... I had my eye on whoever was in the supra and i just missed my braking zone (plus had the extra speed from the slip)

Honestly dude, i know you'll be annoyed, but i'm truly sorry for that. I've been online sim racing for years and rarely have i ever made such a huge mistake.

Senninha, I don't know what happened to you since you were a bit behind me after the pit stops, but that was a fantastic race in the first half, thanks so much - was looking forward to battle resuming after the pit stops but it was not to be :(

You did a very good race, I thought I was putting you under a lot of pressure (and tbh, you the same to me) but not a single mistake in the first stint, made it difficult. Knew after about 4-5 laps that you weren't going to make a mistake, so rather than sit and wait, I'd have to make a pass - tried inside, outside, at probably every corner on the circuit, but I'd pass and then you'd repass a few corners later, fantastic stuff 👍

For me, very enjoyable race, seems some others have some stuff to talk about though :P

I must apologise to Falcon... I had my eye on whoever was in the supra and i just missed my braking zone (plus had the extra speed from the slip)

Honestly dude, i know you'll be annoyed, but i'm truly sorry for that. I've been online sim racing for years and rarely have i ever made such a huge mistake.

As it was my first race in this series I will let that slip, not sure the mods will though and I've seen alot worse, but Piagras is not exactly happy with me after the race though.

I will be protesting the two incidents he made me have a half spin on laps 2(3) Last Hairpin and lap 3(4) Bottom Hairpin.

How did the race went guys? I had a wonderfull evening, this is off-topic but i am just very happy to say i just ran a PR earlier on the 60 meters Dash did it in 7.18 secs this time is enough to make me participate in the dutch championships in 3 weeks. SO Freakin happy lol

Division 2 is going to be a complete mess. No organization and people coming and going and showing up late, wanting to switch classes on the spot.. Really should have had a setup host and admin/steward for this :/

I wish I was able to connect to organize it - I'll try and fix my port forwarding for next week

There is a Live Chat feature in the site.

If you guys wanna talk and resolve some issues go here:

Chat.jpg

That's as far as my photoshop skill goes... my apologies :D

I'm sure you lot had a good race. :D

I've never driven online on GT5 (only a few minutes in my lounge) and I wasn't used to the proper cold tyres (unlike in practice and arcade mode) which made me spin... quite a few times. :P

Looking forward to next week where I'll hopefully be competitive and actually a suspension setup other than stock. :)👍

As it was my first race in this series I will let that slip, not sure the mods will though and I've seen alot worse, but Piagras is not exactly happy with me after the race though.

I will be protesting the two incidents he made me have a half spin on laps 2(3) Last Hairpin and lap 3(4) Bottom Hairpin.

you can protest but im 99% sure it was mainly your fault but hey i could be wrong.

lap 3 - last hairpin, you tried to push me into the pits (as i was along side you) however i wasnt planing on going into the pits so i tried to bk off but i cliped the side of you as you tried to turn in, i let u get bk....

lap 4 - bottom hairpin you made mistake defending on inside and going wide, i have the racing line on inside and you "cut" striaght back in causing me to get damage and your all over the place...

also il add maybe beging on lap 3 you cut up Nycrom on the pit straight.. dont think he would of bee happy with that.

anyway good race well done to johnkiller...

Thanks for stepping up and organizing that, you did a decent job of telling people were they start and the likes.

A good race people, a few mistakes from myself and managed to suitably damage my car. I feel for those who's damage was a result of others, racing is a cruel sport at times.

Two people nearly went into the back of me in the first corner, one at the start of the race, one later on. Credit to them, both managed to swerve and avoid collision, braking into that first corner is tricky especially with the added speed from a slipstream.

I apologies for jumping into the Division 2 race, I hope I didn't ruin it for you GT500 guys. My connection doesn't like Masi's so I am not sure how i am going to carry on in D1 in future. :indiff:

Good race anyway and well done to those who finished. 👍

Division 2 Results

14o8x82.jpg

First and foremost, the hosting situation really kinda threw a wrench in everything. We had no set host and/or steward prior to racing, making it pretty confusing for most people. I realize GT5 online is VERY lacking, so that is something that we just have to work around obviously. Once we finally were in a server, things didn't really get any better. Dealing with people coming in late, asking to switch classes on the fly, asking us to wait 30 minutes while they drive their sister somewhere, etc...

I realize things were a bit hectic, but there has to be a dedicated admin/steward watching the race and/or hosting. I tried keeping our division as organized as possible but it only works as well as people's attention spans ;)

Kept getting disconnected from the D2 room, so I ended up watching the last 10 laps of the D1 race.

Nice battle between Nycrom and Kamykaze.

Nice battle between Masicampo and Neomone.

That's what racing is all about 👍

Btw, now that I am back at University I have excellent network bandwidth and should be able to host for future races.

I could've hosted D2 1 hour after D1 ...but people didn't like how late it was going to be (last week) so we had Monoha set as host. Unfortunately, he has some issues with his network.

It's weird how Sigma connected with Owens and not to mine. We should have the host set a few days before raceday. Online qualy sessions should be able to serve as connection tests also.

here's the result from D1.

photo2-4.jpg

Thanks for stepping up and organizing that, you did a decent job of telling people were they start and the likes.

A good race people, a few mistakes from myself and managed to suitably damage my car. I feel for those who's damage was a result of others, racing is a cruel sport at times.

Two people nearly went into the back of me in the first corner, one at the start of the race, one later on. Credit to them, both managed to swerve and avoid collision, braking into that first corner is tricky especially with the added speed from a slipstream.

I apologies for jumping into the Division 2 race, I hope I didn't ruin it for you GT500 guys. My connection doesn't like Masi's so I am not sure how i am going to carry on in D1 in future. :indiff:

Good race anyway and well done to those who finished. 👍

Mine doesnt either I think...I only saw 6 cars in the race, and
so did the replay also....:ouch: Maybe L.A is too far away from europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back