Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
Mustang. I shouldn't have to explain.

800px-Toyota_Hilux_N80_001.JPG

or

Nissan_Hardbody_Truck_4x4_1990.jpg

It's actually a Javelin, but the AMX has an identical body with a different grill, so I can see how you'd think that. In fact the only way you'd know is by looking at the grill. Think 1969 Charger vs 1970.

While they looked similar, the AMX was a Javelin with 12" taken out of the wheelbase and the rear seats removed. It's pretty easy to tell them apart side-by-side.

I'll take the Mustang.

Nissan.

Budget Classics; I'll take the Pontiac Firebird Formula kind sir. Mostly because I never pick the pontiac and I thought I would mix it up a bit. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about me modding it, I don't really like modding cars that much. The only time is if I have a crazy idea popping into my head like making a cosworth powered Fox Mustang or something.

1993 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra vs 2006 Vauxhall Monaro VXR vs BMW 5 series Wagon (e34); I think I'll pick...hmm...it's a tough tie between the Mustang and Monaro, but the Cobra is a great collectors car. So, I pick the mighty Fox.

Ford Mustang SSP vs Chevrolet Camaro B4C; Mustang, obviously because I prefer the Mustang always over the Camaro.

1968 AMC Javelin vs 1969 Ford Mustang; the '69 Mustang, my favorite Mustang body style.

1997 Toyota Hilux vs 1990 Nissan Hardboy Truck; I'll take the Hilux as I always liked Toyota trucks. They're my 2nd choice for a pickup to the Ford F-150.

Dodge Magnum vs Lincoln Town Car; Dodge Magnum and I'm getting rid of that grill and those rims. Bling isn't quite my thing.

Rolls-Royce Phantom EWB vs. Maybach 57S - Maybach, I don't like the EWB Rollseseseses..

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS 35th Anniversary Edition vs. Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Mach 1. I love that generation of Mustang.

Chevrolet Corvette vs.Ford Mustang GT vs. Nissan 300ZX vs. Jaguar XJS12 vs. Porsche 928 vs. Mercedes-Benz SL320 vs. Mazda Miata - This one is pretty hard. I'll take the XJS out because it's not as interesting as the others. Next, the SL320 is out for the same reason as the XJS. Now, this is where it gets hard. I'll take the Corvette out because the C4 just looks kind of boxy and I don't like it. The Porsche is out because I honestly think it's pretty ugly. The Miata is out, because although I know it's cheap, it doesn't really compare to the 300ZX or the Mustang. I'll have to take the 300ZX because of it's rarity and my interest in them.

Results:
1. Nissan 300ZX
2. Ford Mustang GT
3. Mazda Miata
4. Porsche 928
5. Chevrolet Corvette
6. Mercedes-Benz SL320
7. Jaguar XJS12

RUF RGT vs. Porsche 911 GT3 - 911 GT3, that RGT is an ugly addition to the 911.

Gemballa Mirage GT Carbon Edition vs. 9ff GTR-9 vs. RUF CTR3 Clubsport - All of these are :drool:. I have to pick one, so I'll take the 9ff out since it's not practical for road use (is it even legal?) I'll take the Gemballa.

Results:
1. Gemballa Mirage GT Carbon Edition
2. RUF CTR3 Clubsport
3. 9ff GTR-9

Datsun 280Z vs. Lincoln Continental MkIV vs. MG B vs. Dodge Wayfarer vs. Pontiac Firebird Formula vs. Volkswagen Beetle vs. Ford Maverick - This one is pretty hard too. The MG B is out because it's ugly (imho.) The Maverick is out because I'm not really interested in these. Here's the hard part....The Firebird is out because it's not interesting at all. The Wayfarer is out because I don't really know enough about it. The Datsun is out....just because. :lol: Between the Beetle and the Conti it's pretty hard....I'll have to take the VW because of the Lincoln stereotypes.

Results:
1. Volkswagen Beetle
Almost 1. Lincoln Continental MkIV
3. Datsun 240Z
4. Dodge Wayfarer
5. Pontiac Firebird Formula
6. Ford Maverick
7. MG B

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra vs. Holden Monaro VXR vs. BMW M5 Touring - That's easy, M5 Touring. My dad had a 5-series sedan.

Results:
1. BMW M5 Touring
2. Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
3. Holden Monaro VXR

Ford Mustang SSP vs. Chevrolet Camaro BC4 - It's pretty funny how ugly that Mustang is. Camaro.

Ford Mustang Mach 1 vs. AMC AMX - AMC, I hate that generation of Mustang.

Toyota Hilux vs. Nissan Hardbody - Hilux, Hilux, Hilux, Hilux, and Hilux.

Stupid Cars - Magnum, it looks slightly less stupid.

Ford Mustang SSP (Foxbody) vs. Chevrolet Camaro BC4 (third-gen.)
I'll take the Camaro for its more rakish looks. I'm not a huge fan of Foxbody Mustangs, they mostly look too humble and timid compared to the other generations. It's not that I dislike modest styling, I just particularly prefer more solid displays of aggression from a V8-powered American muscle car or even a 4-cylinder/6-cylinder pony car. While that particular model may have a stern face, there's a lack of fierceness around its body as a whole. The fairly potent 5.0 V8 in its day doesn't mean much to me when it doesn't have the looks to match it. Yes, that Camaro isn't the brawniest of Camaros either, but at least it has much sportier looks compared to the Mustang.

1969 Ford Mustang GT vs. 1968 AMC Javelin
I'll take the Mustang. The Javelin looks lovely and it's nicely proportioned, but compared to the strengthful character of the Mustang, it's rather uninteresting in the end.

Toyota Hilux (N50) vs. 1990 Nissan Hardbody Truck
The Nissan Hardbody. That Hilux's too staid-looking for a truck. I'm a Top Gear fan and I remember how they kinda add iconic status to the Hilux as an indestructible, invincible machine, but that still doesn't do it for me. I will still pick the Nissan.

Dodge Magnum with oversized aftermarket rims vs. Lincoln Town Car with oversized aftermarket rims

If I can change the rims after I take it, then it's the Lincoln for me. If I can't change the rims, then it's the Dodge. They look less terrible on the Magnum. On the other side, they utterly ruin the charisma and elegance of the Lincoln. With stock rims, the Magnum is just "meh" to me though.

is it even legal?

Yes, the GT9-R is road-legal, just like the standard GT9 and the one-off GT9-CS.

Mustang vs Holden vs BMW: I'll go with the BMW on a whim, mainly because I have a soft spot for sporty wagons...

Mustang vs Camaro: I'll take a Camaro over a Mustang anyday.

Mustang vs AMC: For once, I'll chose the Mustang. Mainly because the Mustang is waaaay better looking.

Toyota Hilux vs Nissan: Toyota please, because the Hilux is pretty much impossible to kill. Plus I have a slight Toyota bias.

Dodge Magnum vs Lincoln: Yeaaaa... I'll pass. :lol: But I suppose if I had to choose, I'd take the Magnum I suppose as it's more usable I guess.

I'll take the town car. Even though 24s are absolutely ridiculous to begin with, 24s on the town car seem more sensible than on the magnum. Hopefully that made some sense lol.

1955 Chevrolet Corvette, 265cui V8, 195hp, 3 speed manual

1955%20Corvette%20White%20V8.jpg

or

1955 Ford Thunderbird, 292cui V8, 206hp, 3 speed manual

1955_ford_thunderbird-pic-22685.jpeg

Last edited:
Thunderbird. Been up close and personal with them and their respective 292's enough to know I like it more.

IMG_1833.JPG

vs

33105760011_large.jpg

Easily the Chevelle. Especially if it's got an LS6, but even if it doesn't I'd still take it.

Back