Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
De Tomaso, because it's not any of the others, and because it's the most common.

MX5, because... I shouldn't have to explain why I'd choose this over a Mini cabriolet.

M5, because it's the only sensible choice.

800px-2013_Mercedes-Benz_SL_550_vf.jpg

or

800px-1955_Mercedes-Benz_300SL_Gullwing_Coupe_34.jpg

SL Showdown

300SL. Easy choice. It's the best looking, it's classic (I love classic cars) and it was the fastest car in the world.

That 70s Wedge

Good selection but Stratos takes the crown obviously

Results

1.Lancia Stratos
2.De Tomaso Pantera
3.Alpine A310
4.Lamborghini Espada

Mercedes-Benz SL550 vs. Mercedes-Benz 300SL - I don't think I've ever been asked an easier question. 300SL.

Lancia Stratos vs. Lamborghini Espada vs. De Tomaso Pantera GTS vs. Alpine A310 - That's a hard one. I'll take the Espada out because it's not very known by me and probably a lot of others. Second, the Stratos is out because...well, it doesn't match up to the other cars. Third, I'll have to take the A310 out because it's simply not a Pantera. It's still a great car, though, but I'll have to go with the Pantera.

Results:
1. De Tomaso Pantera GTS
2. Alpine A310
3. Lancia Stratos
4. Lamborghini Espada

The idea behind my last comparo was coupe vs. sedan vs. shooting brake vs. convertible. The winner of the previous comparo was the Jaaag, so it gets carried over to the next comparo.

2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 R Coupe
Jaguar F-ype.png

vs.

2011 Eagle E-Type Speedster
Jaguar-E-Type-Eagle-Speedster-16.jpg

Last edited:
F-Type.

The Eagle E-Type sounds like a flatulent bumble bee, and doesn't look nearly as good as a real E-Type.

Back