WSCC - Wednesday - Lexus IS-F RM Japan Cup - Sign-up open

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 149 comments
Im in Turbo if i can persuade her indoors:scared: If not will be there when i can
Silver number 89.👍

Please withdraw my place many thanks.

Last edited:
What times are people running on Tokyo?
I'm just doing some testing in my private lounge. If I can get close to others lap times I may join in.

What times are people running on Tokyo?
I'm just doing some testing in my private lounge. If I can get close to others lap times I may join in.

I don't think you will have problems with that.

I won't have the time to train this weekend, but I'm rather confident that you will be faster.

I've done a mock stint just like the WSCC ZR1 RMs, that's all I plan to do 👍, feeling confident of a mid field spot at least though.

I'm interested in joining, however I'm a novice driver using a ds3 until I get a rig for my wheel.

If that's acceptable, GTP name is learningcurves, my psn is zwyatt; car number is 33; colours tbd.

Thanks!

If there any spots left count me in....

PSN id: GTP_demonblade
GTPlanet id: DemonBlade

Car colour: White
Car No: 46

I'm interested in joining, however I'm a novice driver using a ds3 until I get a rig for my wheel.

If that's acceptable, GTP name is learningcurves, my psn is zwyatt; car number is 33; colours tbd.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem. I also race with a Ds3. 👍

Quick question.
I know it's not alot but how are you going to monitor the weight limit?
You can only restrict it in 10's. I know 5kg isn't alot of difference but how will you know if anyone's gone 5kg under the 1185 limit?

I will check this, but it seems to me that you can't bring it under 1185kg. So there will be no need to restrict the weight.

Important: Start procedure

We have had some problems yesterday in the RM-race with the bugging penalty system, ghosting cars all the time, permitting to pass cars by just running full speed into them and ghosting through them. That happened especially in lap 1, which was (as often) rather chaotic.

So for this evenings race and the series:

- penalties will be off
- there will be a rolling start:

* on one row
* in qualifying order
* 1 warming up lap
* pole position gives the pace and is allowed to accelerate once he is back on the main straight.
* gap to leave between cars at crossing start / finish line: 1 sec.
* overtaking allowed at exit turn 1 of lap 2
*penalty for overtaking or car incident before turn 1 lap 2 exit: 30 seconds

That's my point. The nearest restriction is either 1180 or 1190 how can we tell if people set their weight at 1180 and NOT 1185?

Nobody can set the cars weight under the minimum weight, I don't see what you're getting at.

Nobody can set the cars weight under the minimum weight, I don't see what you're getting at.

I think he didn't know that 1185 is already the minimum weight. Which is quiet understandable because we do many races with ballast. Most of the time, we try do drive in configurations close to real world race series. Which often gives lap times close to the real world times.

For example, the Corvette is running in approx. the same laptimes as this years Le Mans GTE Pro and 24h Nurburgring real world lap times.

For the Lexus, I took the Porsche 911 GT2 weight and power limits, which is by coincidence the minimum weight of the Lexus.

I think he didn't know that 1185 is already the minimum weight. Which is quiet understandable because we do many races with ballast. Most of the time, we try do drive in configurations close to real world race series. Which often gives lap times close to the real world times.

That's why I pointed it out in my first reply, I thought that was enough to clarify why there's not going to be an issue on these specs :lol:. Easy to misunderstand though.

On another note I have finally got a set up I'm happy to race with this evening, though I don't think it's a perfect 1 lap set up should be a nice stable race car so I can get in the thick of the action :).

On another note I have finally got a set up I'm happy to race with this evening, though I don't think it's a perfect 1 lap set up should be a nice stable race car so I can get in the thick of the action :).

That's better for the race. I tried Teeds' setup with the Integra: I could do one fast lap with it, but I couldn't keep it on the track during the whole race. Fast setups are often hard to drive. For a 40 minutes race, a comfort setup that is tyre-friendly is much better.

But with the Integra there was also another problem. In real world races FF-cars hardly ever go over 280 HP. Because it is too difficult to bring the power to the road via the front wheels.

This is one understeering ***** of a car :) Not so much offline..but online! Hope I can get that fixed before the race...

This is one understeering ***** of a car :) Not so much offline..but online! Hope I can get that fixed before the race...

Yeah the weight bias is way forward in this car :P I haven't set mine up at all, had little time to get one done! Didn't feel too much understeer but I've only driven it offline so far. Not totally sure if I can make the race tonight though but I'll give it a go :)

Oh by the way I've finally painted my car as well :P Dark red w/ Chrome rims so that can be updated now :)

Race results will be posted in #post 2

I have watched the replay.

To drivers gain a position too early GTP_demonblade (at braking for turn 1) on boshuter and S4-marsh (on the straight) but both immediately seem to realize they made an error and give back that position. I have by the way the impression that wat GTP_demonblade does is not really a passing move, but just a braking error. So, I will apply the F1 rule: after an illegitimate pass, no time penalties will be given, if the driver gives back the "stolen" position immediately. But if they would have kept the position, they would have got a 30 sec. penalty

I see also some minor car contacts, but generally speaking, the race looked very clean, compared to what I saw yesterday in the Golf race.

The "no penalty" setting in the lounge makes that cars don't ghost, what implies that you feel each contact.

Again, congrats to Dragonistic.

Concerning the two next races

I am embarrassed, but I have to work next wednesday evening and I know since today that my summer holiday trip starts on July 12th. That was not expected but when we put together our work schedules and the training schedules of our son, we only had 10 days for the whole summer on which we could make our summer trip.
That means that I will be out for the last two races.

I suggest that the two other WSCC-stewards in the series, Cobrius and ID_racing organize the race together in my lounge, if necessary with the help of Turbonutter69, who was also already a member before the PSN-outage.

For the new members, a little bit of WSCC-history

(Complementary information about what I wrote in the lounge)

WSCC was created by Prawny when GT5 was released. We had our own website, what had the disadvantage that there was no income of new members. Just before the PSN-outage, Prawny decided to stop GT-racing.

So we decided to come back to GT Planet and with 3 or 4 members we organized a new start. At the beginning there were about 10-12 active members left. Gippone created the WSCC club space and asked me to maintain it. Most of the actual events are the results of discussions in the club space while PSN was not functioning

WSCC-stewards: In order to have a representative "board", I invited 5 of the most active members from before the PSN-outage to come in the board of stewards. They are: Cobrius, Teeds, GTRedline, ID_Racing, Gippone and me.

Thanks to their enthusiasm from the initial 10-12 members that were left we grew to a club with actually 73 members. And in stead of racing with 4 or 5 cars we now most of the time have more than 10 cars on the track.

Thanks guys!

Race result posted in post #2 of this thread

@GTP_demonblade: Replay showed that your car was really eating its tyres. Your tyres weared out twice as fast as most of the other cars.

Back