WSCC - Wednesday - Lexus IS-F RM Japan Cup - Sign-up open

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 149 comments
Say are there any more series I could join in, my first experience to race in a series brought back nostalgia of why I fell in love with GT in the past. I would definitely wanna get more involved in this kind of business for GT5 in the summer while I'm off from school :D

Seasons are going to the end, because of summer vacations. Most of them are close to the maxium number of sign-ups, but we actually never had a "full house" of 16 drivers. If you have 16 sign-ups, most of the time, you have about 10-12 drivers actually in the lounge.

Take a look at our WSCC main page, on which you find links to our series.
Main page and calendar will be updated tomorrow.

During summer, we will offer race school sessions (not this weekend, because GTRedline and myself are both absent) and single events. New series will start at the end of august - beginning of september.

So the leader is penalised because some people aren't ready to go at the point full throttle is allowed? That's frankly ridiculous, preposterous infact. Take my example again, I only bunched it up by braking a little early and taking it steady in the turn about 10mph under normal speed then accelerating off the turn making sure I hooked up the tyres, sure if someone pretty much stops they're doing it wrong but there's a line between tactical starts and unfair ones.

I stand corrected, it was ridiculous and preposterous of me to even consider that you could possibly have done anything remotely out of line. I apologize, if you feel you need that advantage, then by all means, you should have it.

I wrongly assumed that anyone could post their thoughts on the rolling start, which by the way, were directed at the organizers of this series, not one of the new drivers.

I'll try not to have an opinion again.

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but if the leader keeps a steady pace and goes full throttle at the point they're allowed what's the problem? If those following hold the gaps and do the same the gaps will stay at the 1 second ish that is suggested. As pointed out to you the races are long enough that a fast driver will rise to the sharp end during the race, it's better that everyone gets bunched up under formation then at full race speed as would be the case with circuits like Fuji and Tokyo were full throttle only be allowed at the line itself.

Review the replay, make your appeal to Turbo (as you've already brought up the issue with me I feel I did no wrong here) if you feel I did something wrong and not take it up publicly as you have done which is, as you should know, against WSCC and GTP rules. By stacking you up I brought everyone closer to me instead of just going for it with the gaps that had forms, I wasn't just doing it for my own benefit though I was giving it full gas immediately at the point I could to make the most of the pole position.

Ultimately you did direct it at me, you're saying I should be put into last on the next race and the fact I'm relatively new to the WSCC has no impact on anything, it makes you no better then me. You clearly have some sort of issue with me though as demonstrated by the 'don't bother' comment when I merely said I would release my tune for the benefit of others in the Corvette series, I don't know why you have taken this vendetta but if you're going to complain about me do it in the correct manner.

From what I remember the first 3 was bunched up for the whole lap. It was everyone after 3rd that was lagging behind. There was even a pile up mid field on the warm up lap.
There will always be a slight problem with gaps on a formation lap unless it's done staggered and not in single file.

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but if the leader keeps a steady pace and goes full throttle at the point they're allowed what's the problem? If those following hold the gaps and do the same the gaps will stay at the 1 second ish that is suggested. As pointed out to you the races are long enough that a fast driver will rise to the sharp end during the race, it's better that everyone gets bunched up under formation then at full race speed as would be the case with circuits like Fuji and Tokyo were full throttle only be allowed at the line itself.

Review the replay, make your appeal to Turbo (as you've already brought up the issue with me I feel I did no wrong here) if you feel I did something wrong and not take it up publicly as you have done which is, as you should know, against WSCC and GTP rules. By stacking you up I brought everyone closer to me instead of just going for it with the gaps that had forms, I wasn't just doing it for my own benefit though I was giving it full gas immediately at the point I could to make the most of the pole position.

Ultimately you did direct it at me, you're saying I should be put into last on the next race and the fact I'm relatively new to the WSCC has no impact on anything, it makes you no better then me. You clearly have some sort of issue with me though as demonstrated by the 'don't bother' comment when I merely said I would release my tune for the benefit of others in the Corvette series, I don't know why you have taken this vendetta but if you're going to complain about me do it in the correct manner.

Please guys, calm down...
It's only a game.
Last weeks race was rather clean.
Always remember the last sentence of "some like it hot": Nobody is perfect

Was an awesome race imo Turbo. Hope this weeks will be just as exciting. 👍

QFT, looking forward tomorrow hopefully won't still be ill come race time which seems likely at the current rate 👍. I think Fuji will be a really interesting race, it's the kind of track that you only need to be nearly as fast as someone to keep up with all the drafting opportunities. That should make for close racing and I predict a closer finish as well unless there are accidents.

To the back-up hosts (as i wrote last week, I can't be there tomorrow):

On Fuji, penalty must be set to "low". If penalty is off, like we did on Tokyo, all corner cutting is possible on the Fuji tracks.

Hey all, does anyone know who is host yet for tomorrow's race? Do we still join turbogeit's room or will it be someone else (in case I need to add them on psn)? Cheers

Last edited:
GTP_Chris #26

You are on the reserve list. Meaning that if there are more than 16 drivers for the race (what is rather unlikely), you will have to give your place to a driver who signed up before you.

I have sent you a FR and a club invitation.

Hey all, does anyone know who is host yet for tomorrow's race? Do we still join turbogeit's room or will it be someone else (in case I need to add them on psn)? Cheers

Yes, it is in my lounge. Please wait until one of the stewards (ID_racing or Cobrius) is in the lounge.

To the stewards: in case more than 16 racers want to enter (rather unlikely), the sign-up order on the first page determines who has the right to participate.

Last edited by a moderator:
GTP_Chris #26

Looks like someone is going to rain all over my parade Mr big shot real racing driver :lol:👍. Seriously though enjoy your videos GT5 and otherwise will be nice to see you on track this evening if there's spare :scared:, which there probably will be.

As one of the back-up hosts, I will be in turbos lounge from approx. 9 pm CET, an hour before the race begins. Remember, especially for those who are new to WSCC, to read the first post about the qualifying procedure, and the rolling start.

Last edited:
Lounge is open (as you know by now Bos) the little yellow icon doesn't show up just click the cup on his community page and join like that 👍.

Game glitched again so I left, getting tired of this crap now lol... Don't know what else to do to try and fix it. I re-installed the game on the PS3, and it worked absolutely fine until tonight in this race. 100% sure it isn't lag as everyone else appeared fine and i felt not juttering or whatever else you get when you experience lag. Well whatever, good luck to everyone and whatnot :)

I'm gonna pull out of this mini series now as well as I've glitched in both races and tbh, I don't really find the car fun to drive at all, but each to their own. GL. 👍

I thought I'd put in the results.

1. Dragonistic
2. japan_gator +19s
3. s4-marsh +22s
4. R620turbo +32s
5. cobrius +41s
6. boshuter +43s
7. GTP_demonblade +59s
8. ID_racing +1m 58s
9. zwyatt notime

I thought I'd put in the results.

1. Dragonistic
2. japan_gator +19s
3. s4-marsh +22s
4. R620turbo +32s
5. cobrius +41s
6. boshuter +43s
7. GTP_demonblade +59s
8. ID_racing +1m 58s
9. zwyatt notime

Thanks Cobrius, just got home from my work dinner. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Game glitched again so I left, getting tired of this crap now lol... Don't know what else to do to try and fix it. I re-installed the game on the PS3, and it worked absolutely fine until tonight in this race. 100% sure it isn't lag as everyone else appeared fine and i felt not juttering or whatever else you get when you experience lag. Well whatever, good luck to everyone and whatnot :)

I'm gonna pull out of this mini series now as well as I've glitched in both races and tbh, I don't really find the car fun to drive at all, but each to their own. GL. 👍

Hate to hear that MR. Are you having the problem in any other series, or just this one?

PS: I don't like this car either :yuck: But had the day open and it's a short series. :)

Hate to hear that MR. Are you having the problem in any other series, or just this one?

PS: I don't like this car either :yuck: But had the day open and it's a short series. :)

Personally, I prefer the Golf we use on Tuesday evenings. This car understeers too much. Choice came out of a poll and perhaps the Silvia would have been a better choice.

By the way, I still hope that in september we will have enough people for a Porsche Cup.

The race in Fuji was great, almost had Dragon until we had to go into the pits. The strategy was different and it pretty much made the gap big enough to where i was no longer in tailgating range to keep up with Dragon. I kinda assumed that after it was impossible to keep up I went into cruising speed until my car got tail happy and made me go off bounds and get a penalty allowing marsh to get a shot at a battle for 2nd. I was begging to have the race finished from my sweaty palms lol.

Haha that's pretty much why I signed up as well, plus you lot are fun to race with :)

It worked fine in the Corvette series on Monday and a Super GT500 series race on Sunday (after I reinstalled) so I thought it had gone away, but it was back again today! It doesn't seem consistent atm. I hope it's ok tomorrow for the 2 speed single event, because I have NO idea why this is happening lol! I posted a thread in the main GT5 forum, maybe someone has some pearls of wisdom about this... :nervous:

It's very strange, certainly a shame (and caused some confusion at the start :lol: disapearing car ftw!). Can't say I've ever had such troubles, I would guess it's some sort of network issue, give as much detail as you can as regards your router model, routers settings for the PS3, PS3 network settings and so on.

As for the race had a great battle with Gator for my first stint, managed to pull a Jenson with the pit strategy and it paid off well. I for one am enjoying the Lexus (not as much as the Corvettes though :sly:) I think it's stability makes for close racing. You have to drive it in a certain way though, late turn in and traction lines are key to success especially at Fuji today in the last sector. As I said in the lobby we'll all get a base set up come the end of the series for the ISF as well as the Corvette courtesy of Lions Den Performance Racing.

Another good race, I seem to get all the luck with this series and nothing anywhere else I race :lol:.

I didn't realise you did tunes for a tuning shop Dragon :P Some good tunes would be appreciated as I lack the patience/knowledge to tune stuff properly haha. I'm running stock tunes for the 'Vette and ISF with minor adjustment(*guesswork!!* :)) No wonder you tend to be miles down the road lol :P

I hung up my tool kit a while ago really, didn't have the time for it anymore and have never been massively active. I once ran my own shop on Prologue with relative success then closed up, Paulie offered me a chance to keep working as partners and I took it back in Prologue before retiring a couple of months back. I have asked special permission to post in the set ups I've been using from these series and as you'd expect he says I'm welcome any time being such a cool dude 👍.

Suzuka today then people.
Suzuka is going to be difficult with the warm up lap.
Where will overtakes be allowed? Will it be after the first right handers?

Back