WSM - World Sportscar Masters - ~SEASON 2 DISCUSSION FROM PAGE 19~

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 416 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrari doesn't have horrible handling. I had oversteer problems, but that was all because of my setup being too front biased, and too much camber on the front, which caused me to slide too much on entry, which not only hampered laptimes, but also made the left rear, at Monza, wear quickly, which at Monza, screws you over in turn 1, the 2 Lesmos, Ascari, and Parabolica. I didn't get any practice at all, so just threw on a setup I thought would work. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't very responsive.

Here's my story with the Ferrari, it all started way back in February. I tried it with stock suspension settings and found a lot of oversteer in it. So then I gradually would take it out and tinker with suspension settings. I finally found a comfortable tune that was fast and could turn in fast and not get all twitchy. So now I was racing and holding a line with it. I also took it out to LeMans a few months back and super fine tuned it at LeMans. I acheived speeds of 236mph and lap times in the 3:20s.

But then going into this series all the work I put into this car started to show bad cases of understeer in high speed corners. I gradually once again started to tune this car back to giving more oversteer but at the compromise of tire wear. And running this endurance series was not an option to have horrible tire wear. So once again I cut back the camber and toe, put wheel alignment bias in the rear and stiffened suspension in front.

Then we ran LeMans and my tune was not alright for it. And I based that off a few practice races we held. So I lowered my trans about 15mph and added full aero. The full aero allowed for no-understeer turning in and no oversteer turning out, I also lowered my lsd settings to keep my traction out of the turns. I went from 236mph to 207mph by myself and lost 10sec a lap all for keeping my wheels on the track and to avoid spin-outs. But during the race I was bump-drafting Sumo and acheived speeds over 230mph and shaved 10sec of my laps for two consecutive laps. I was able to get rid of all dirty-air dirty-attributes.

There is a lot give and take with this car. And its still not all there and I can't find its prefered settings yet. But tuning this car has been really advancing my tuning skills and knowledge. And thats why I will run this car again, and will keep running it until I perfect it or give up on it.

I originally went with the Ferrari but found it a little tricky to handle. Ford is a dream under brakes, Spa was an amazing race for me, I was flying and at one point 6 seconds a lap quicker than RFLX Corvette.

MrMulsanne
I originally went with the Ferrari but found it a little tricky to handle. Ford is a dream under brakes, Spa was an amazing race for me, I was flying and at one point 6 seconds a lap quicker than RFLX Corvette.

I can run every car 6 seconds a lap faster than the Corvette at Spa. It should probably be dropped, or handicap the other cars to equal it.

I can run every car 6 seconds a lap faster than the Corvette at Spa. It should probably be dropped, or handicap the other cars to equal it.

Like I told Furi before and also stated on the thread to do a Performance Point Regulation of either 600,620 or 640 to even these cars and I'm not bs'n because I have tested these cars all out a handful of times unrestricted and with those performance restrictions. Of the three I say its a tie for 620pp and 640pp. The Corvette maxes out at 630pp so you would only need to do an engine restriction to this car. At 640pp (max the corvette out) you also can add Turnos to all cars. The Ferraris, etc. can have turbos but with weight added and less downforce totally equaling these cars out to 220 - 230mph top speed and all within 3:28 - 3:33 at Le Sarthe. I know its not perfect, plus I'm not the best driver. But this is as close as I have seen these cars get with some kind of way of leveling the field. Another way I was thinking without turbos is 600pp as these cars all initially start at 600pp without turbos. 600pp would leave natural aspiration and less downforce on the Ferraris,Fords,etc..

Pictures from Le Mans and Season 1 review / Season 2 discussion up in the TOCA group.

Gentleman, we will be back. Thanks to FallenMessiah and Chqr I have some amazing pictures to put in the Season 2 artwork.

Here is what is official:

~At least 5 races.

~Races at least 75 minutes in length

~A secondary class for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TZ2

~Jaguar, Ford, and Ferrari 20 million premiums all in.

~Spa, Monza, Le Mans, Eifellring all in.

Gentleman, we will be back. Thanks to FallenMessiah and Chqr I have some amazing pictures to put in the Season 2 artwork.

Here is what is official:

~At least 5 races.

~Races at least 75 minutes in length

~A secondary class for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA TZ2

~Jaguar, Ford, and Ferrari 20 mill premiums all in.

~Spa, Monza, Le Mans, Eifellring all in.

Found a typo as soon as I looked at your message...

Anyway, I might skip Spa unless PD has fixed the online, in which case I might buy the DLC, which might result in Dax buying premium for me.

More info.

Grids will be restricted. Jaguar, Ferrari and Ford in the top class, 3 of each maximum. This means we have an even amount, no car will dominate, and 7 slots for Alfa drivers. Also this of course evens up the Manufacturers Championship.

I'll be in a ferrari and I like nordschleif but I don't know how good I'll be there. That course will be a rough one, especially with heavy damage.

Maybe I'll save the Ring for Season 3, I got a 7 race schedule lined up....

Tonight can anyone help me with another photoshoot?

I need a Jaguar, Ferrari, and Alfa driver.

Maybe I'll save the Ring for Season 3, I got a 7 race schedule lined up....

Tonight can anyone help me with another photoshoot?

I need a Jaguar, Ferrari, and Alfa driver.

I'll help you with the Jaguar.

My problem is that my saturdays are becoming increasingly more busy, and sundays are a lot more free for me. I will consider though.

Oh and I need you 65 and 67 tickets ;)

I won Le Mans Season 1 when the Jaaag of Sumo ran out of fuel :P

In place of TOCA? Hmmm...

Please? Until it's only 4 weeks, gives you enough time to work out all of the 4.2 Regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back