WSM - World Sportscar Masters - ~SEASON 2 DISCUSSION FROM PAGE 19~

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 416 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove the entire first lap with a damaged car, but finished 6th. :P

I drove two laps with a damaged rear-end thanks to LKW.

That's what she said! :lol:

Unfortunately I got disconnected on lap 19, had just overtaken Tom as well, came back asap and it was lap 23 and tom was in first? got disconnected again, :grumpy: All in all though it was a great race and a very good first lap battle down the back straight with 3 others (Can't remember any names) and sorry to someone else whose name I can't remember for accidentally pulling right out in front of you :P

Unfortunately I got disconnected on lap 19, had just overtaken Tom as well, came back asap and it was lap 23 and tom was in first? got disconnected again, :grumpy: All in all though it was a great race and a very good first lap battle down the back straight with 3 others (Can't remember any names) and sorry to someone else whose name I can't remember for accidentally pulling right out in front of you :P

It was me, Carb, another Ford and CAMI I think...

Cool, very nervy racing down the straight though, cause I hadn't a mic I was afraid you'd pull out in front f me when i was goin past :P

Good race, and have not yet come up with a good race/endurance tune for the ferrari. In practice I can get fast but compromise oversteer and tire wear. I have struggled finding a stiffer setup with greater tire wear. I made the decision pre-race to add full aer, a slightly higher final gear and lower lsd. Was too much give n take on part and compromised my race. I had a few spin outs and too many pitstops, probably 5 with 3 being due to damage early race. But I only was one lap down in the end and got my way under tuned ferrari in the mid 330 consistantly mid race. Also had a good run with sumo at 230mph!

Hey furi, sorry I couldn't join.
I want to do one of these races sooooo bad, but it has never been convenient for me.
Please, if you see me online and you're getting ready to race, send me a message. I'll do my best to join.

Hey furi, sorry I couldn't join.
I want to do one of these races sooooo bad, but it has never been convenient for me.
Please, if you see me online and you're getting ready to race, send me a message. I'll do my best to join.

Season 2 will happen in future for sure gogatrs, don't worry :) 👍

I plan on a return for season 2. And I will commit to the Ferrari again. I am determined to get this car just right as I know from all kinds of testing that this car has the potential to out-run you all. Too bad I couldn't get it all together for this season. But I have been taking notes and expect to improve my ride for next series.

Track suggestions for next series:

Daytona Road
Nurburgring (full course or GP/D)
Monza No Chicane
2005 LeMans (No Chicane)
2009 LeMans (with Chicane at Night with Weather)
High Speed Ring with Weather
Toscana (yes I said it---with time change)

If Fuji '80's and/or '90's is included in a future DLC pack before the start of Season 2, would you consider that for addition to the schedule?

Cami, although fuji 80s would be a great addition to the schedule but the thing is these cars never raced there. Maybe a vintage Group C series or a vintage japanese grand prix series with one make toyota 7's????sound cool anybody?

I'm gonna be in if I can eliminate oversteer like I did at Le Mans... although at the cost of having way less torque than anyone else :P

Cami, although fuji 80s would be a great addition to the schedule but the thing is these cars never raced there. Maybe a vintage Group C series or a vintage japanese grand prix series with one make toyota 7's????sound cool anybody?

No offense but the Ford MKIV only ever raced at Le Mans and Sebring (winning both).
And the XJ13 never raced.
And neither did many of the cars race at the Nurburgring certainly not the new GP track.
And for that matter neither did any race at the 2009 or 2005 layouts of La Sarthe- at least not back in the day- there often are GT40s running in the Le Mans classic.

Last edited:
No offense but the Ford MKIV only ever raced at Le Mans and Sebring (winning both).
And the XJ13 never raced.
And neither did many of the cars race at the Nurburgring certainly not the new GP track.
And for that matter neither did any race at the 2009 or 2005 layouts of Le Sarthe- at least not back in the day- there often are GT40s running in the Le Mans classic.

True Cami, the XJ13 never made it out as the test driver died so Jaguar pulled out of the WSC. They did however race at Nurburgring Nordschleife. And the idea was to run a Le Mans track as similar as we could get, so we took the 2005 layout. And GT40's don't just race in Le Mans Classics, the raced alot in the late 60's. Technically the MKIV is just a variant of the GT40 as well. Here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_World_Sportscar_Championship_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

True Cami, the XJ13 never made it out as the test driver died so Jaguar pulled out of the WSC. They did however race at Nurburgring Nordschleife. And the idea was to run a Le Mans track as similar as we could get, so we took the 2005 layout. And GT40's don't just race in Le Mans Classics, the raced alot in the late 60's. Technically the MKIV is just a variant of the GT40 as well. Here's some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_World_Sportscar_Championship_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans

1. I'm pretty sure the Jaguar never raced due to the fact that Jaguar considered it obsolete compared to the 7 litre MKIIs (1966) and MKIV (1967) and that regulation changes outlawed it and many other cars at the end of 1967.
2. I understand that you tries to get as similar a track to the layout as you could but I'm just making the point that you said to Cami that you couldn't race at Fuji because the cars never raced there yet very few of the cars raced at any of the tracks in this series and the tracks mentioned by you.
3. Yes I do realise that GT40's raced a lot as of 1964 and won a lot of races ('68 and '69 Le Mans being the most famous) but I'm just saying that GT40's have raced at the 2005 and 2009 layouts of Le mans in the Le mans classic.
4. No, a common mistake. The Ford MKIV isn't and never was a GT40. It was based off of a completely different chassis (J-car) and was developed under the 1966 Appendix J regulations. It is just commonly referred to as GT40 because it was a '60s Ford sports prototype.
/rant.

Last edited:
1. I'm pretty sure the Jaguar never raced due to the fact that Jaguar considered it obsolete compared to the 7 litre MKIIs (1966) and MKIV (1967) and that regulation changes outlawed it and many other cars at the end of 1967.
2. I understand that you tries to get as similar a track to the layout as you could but I'm just making the point that you said to Cami that you couldn't race at Fuji because the cars never raced there yet very few of the cars raced at any of the tracks in this series and the tracks mentioned by you.
3. Yes I do realise that GT40's raced a lot as of 1964 and won a lot of races ('68 and '69 Le Mans being the most famous) but I'm just saying that GT40's have raced at the 2005 and 2009 layouts of Le mans in the Le mans classic.
4. No, a common mistake. The Ford MKIV isn't and never was a GT40. It was based off of a completely different chassis (J-car) and was developed under the 1966 Appendix J regulations. It is just commonly referred to as GT40 because it was a '60s Ford sports prototype.
/rant.

Good info 👍

FordMKIV:

I think the idea of this is an LMP-60's series(I believe it was still modified road cars only in the WSC back then, could be wrong) and the tracks which were picked have a history or are similar to the old tracks.

Monza, Spa and Le Mans are very different then they were when these cars were racing, but they are some of the best representations in the game of the old races. And Pescara was an almost all-flat-out track similar to many historic tracks like AVUS, Österreichring or the old Siverstone.

RESULTS - LE MANS CLASSIC
01 ~ Furinkazen ~ 24 laps
02 ~ Akmuq
03 ~ GTP_Mikeand42
04 ~ Sumo098
05 ~ tombrooks97
06 ~ Carbonox
07 ~ Crazy Bassist 83 ~ -1
09 ~ FallenMessiah ~ -1
10 ~ GTP_Camikaze ~ -5
NC ~ LKW Trailer
NC ~ mattymc1996
NC ~ Hancock

STANDINGS:
01 ~ Sumo ~ 86pts
02 ~ Furinkazen ~ 79
03 ~ crazy bassist 83 ~ 57
04 ~ tombrooks97 ~ 54
05 ~ Akmuq ~ 50
06 ~ GTP Camikaze ~ 48
07 ~ Niop ~ 32
08 ~ GTP_Mikeand42 ~ 30
09 ~ Carbonox ~ 24
10 ~ jackargent ~ 24
11 ~ FallenMessiah ~ 20
12 ~ LKW Trailer ~ 16
13 ~ pj-gm ~ 15
14 ~ mattymc1996 ~ 14
15 ~ Hancock ~ 12
16 ~ tom_97_COD ~ 12
17 ~ driftking18584 ~ 9
18 ~ GTP Ranhammer ~ 9

It was cool that I didn't get lapped, even though I was half a lap down from the beginning. :P Next season I'll kick your arse...

FordMKIV:

I think the idea of this is an LMP-60's series(I believe it was still modified road cars only in the WSC back then, could be wrong) and the tracks which were picked have a history or are similar to the old tracks.

Yes I recognise this. I'm merely picked up the fact that kenkwilinski said that next year Fuji couldn't be raced at because the cars never raced in real life when most of the cars never raced at some of the tracks he mentioned.
Have to say it looks like a great series- I have followed what's gone on throughout the championship and would not have hesitated in taking part had the time slot not worked out for me. 👍
By the way: Prototypes were allowed into the WSC until 1967 when cars had to be based off of road cars.

Oh and Mr Mulsanne well done on taking the MKIV to victory at Le Mans. 👍

Yes I recognise this. I'm merely picked up the fact that kenkwilinski said that next year Fuji couldn't be raced at because the cars never raced in real life when most of the cars never raced at some of the tracks he mentioned.
Have to say it looks like a great series- I have followed what's gone on throughout the championship and would not have hesitated in taking part had the time slot not worked out for me. 👍
By the way: Prototypes were allowed into the WSC until 1967 when cars had to be based off of road cars.

Oh and Mr Mulsanne well done on taking the MKIV to victory at Le Mans. 👍

The whole idea of WSM is to re create the late 60's of sportscars.... GT40, 330 P4, and the XJ13 adds a whole "dream race" scenario to it as well...

As for tracks, I picked only a few being a pilot season. The Toscana track was a tribute to flat out blasts of F1 and road races, and I have a second road race track which is very long and twisty, kinda a small Targa Florio.

WSM is a historic series, with a historic basis. I feel Fuji 2005 is too much of a "modern" track, too much run off and not fitting. Le Mans 2005 was picked as it was like the old 60's Le Mans, or at least as close as you can get... no run-off.... no chicane's... whole thing a lot trickier. And same goes for Monza with no chicane.

Season 2 will happen for sure... And it will be bigger and better than this... Sportscar Sundays I think... :sly:

What's happening on Sunday's now? Probably not enough time for a 5-race Series before Christmas so will it just be special events?

What's happening on Sunday's now? Probably not enough time for a 5-race Series before Christmas so will it just be special events?

Nothing planned I think, a break now.

Sorry that I couldn't make any other races apart from race 1, such is life. I could've taken the fight to Sumo for the title, but it didn't happen, so moving on then.

What do you guys think about the Chapparal 2D? Should it be allowed in?

I think it should be allowed. Here's my opinion on all the cars:

Chapparral is great handling, slower top speed
Corvette is great top speed terrible handling and cornering
Mark iv is stiffer handling and low top speed
Gt40 has good top speed but horrible handling, hardest to handle with lots of oversteer
Xj13 is the most user friendly with good overall speed n handling

So overall they are all comparable depending on the driver, his driving skills n tuning capabilities. As also the cars are track dependant too. I think it is a great selection of cars!
Ferrari is the fastest top speed horrible handling with oversteer and understeer

I'd have to try it first, though I missed the opportunity to buy it when it popped up in the OCD.

Ferrari doesn't have horrible handling. I had oversteer problems, but that was all because of my setup being too front biased, and too much camber on the front, which caused me to slide too much on entry, which not only hampered laptimes, but also made the left rear, at Monza, wear quickly, which at Monza, screws you over in turn 1, the 2 Lesmos, Ascari, and Parabolica. I didn't get any practice at all, so just threw on a setup I thought would work. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't very responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back