You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,207 comments
I rather like that. Looks like it would be fun to take on a Sunday drive.

XS
Does anybody know what happened to this? It was designed by Gordon Murray and was supposed to be built by Toray Industries.
2011_Toray_TEEWAVEAR11.jpg
That thing should be horrendously ugly - and it is. But, for whatever reason, I really like how it looks. Although, if a car is a small mid-engine roadster, I'm automatically in love with it.

I don't know the car but it has the hips of a zonda and the curves of an elise... I like it. 👍

Not sure about how it performs or anything but as a roadster it looks great to me.

1932 Harleigh Holmes designed 'Coleman Motors Maroon Car'

A one-off concept with an unconventional rear-engine (V8), FWD layout.

0aVyvOZ.jpg

And it looks like the result of someone throwing a Hummer H1 and a Tatra 77 into a mixer.

Last edited:
The engineering on this had to be an absolute nightmare. I bet it didn't drive very good, either.

Rear engine, front wheel drive? Hahahahahaha.

I slightly like that though.

PowerWagon-1-01.jpg

Dodge Power Wagon, interesting...

I LOVE THIS THING!
Just an awesome go anywhere truck..one of the first 4x4 trucks made I believe!

I have a die cast model HAHA.:cool:.

I would imagine it would be so so hard to drive, crash box, no power steering, air con, power brakes:crazy:

I don't know the car but it has the hips of a zonda and the curves of an elise... I like it. 👍

Not sure about how it performs or anything but as a roadster it looks great to me.
It's called the "TEEWAVE", and while it looks amazing, they decided to use the drivetrain from an i-MiEV to power it. That's a whopping 63hp. It goes from 0-62km/h in 11.4 seconds. :ouch:

I LOVE THIS THING!
Just an awesome go anywhere truck..one of the first 4x4 trucks made I believe!

I have a die cast model HAHA.:cool:.

I would imagine it would be so so hard to drive, crash box, no power steering, air con, power brakes:crazy:
That's when trucks were trucks. You can add power steering, power brakes and air conditioning to them. I like the '70s Power Wagons actually.

8935868956_cacf9dc4cb_z.jpg

But this picture :drool:

131_0703_11_z+1947_dodge_power_wagon+front_view.jpg

Panoz Abruzzi "Spirit of Le Mans"

panozabruzzi4.jpg

More pics here

I'm fully expecting Ben Affleck to get behind the wheel of one of those in the near future.

EDIT: After seeing a pair of Bitter SC coupes earlier, I did a little searching found some of their more recent creations that I've never heard of.

2010-Bitter-Insignia-2.8-Turbo-4x4.jpg

Bitter Insignia. V6 Turbo AWD

Bitterverosport2.jpg

Bitter Vero (Holden Caprice)

Last edited:
Charger III Concept

1968-dodge-charger-iii-03.jpg

1999 Dodge Charger Concept
2011-newdodge-charger.jpg

The predecessor to the Veyron, the Bentley Hunadieres
99bentley_hunaudieres_6.jpg

Audi Rosemeyer

audi-rosemeyer-05.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2013-11-16_20-2-47.jpeg
    upload_2013-11-16_20-2-47.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 12
The predecessor to the Veyron, the Bentley Hunadieres
99bentley_hunaudieres_6.jpg
The W16 was partially developed in that Bentley.
Simultaneously, VW Group was developing the Bugatti 18/3 Chiron, both projects then fed the 18/4 Veyron concept, which obviously then became the Veyron. I like both the Hunaudières and Chiron concepts, very unique!
1999_Bugatti_183Chiron2.jpg

Bugatti-Chiron-10.jpg

Last edited:
And on the same subject, the Hunaudières was also in TOCA World Touring Cars (or 'Jarrett & Labonte Stock Car Racing' for those stateside).

That charger concept was in Midnight Club 3.

Oh. Completely forgot about that. Heck, it was even my main vehicle for a good chunk of the game now that I look back on it.

XS
The W16 was partially developed in that Bentley.
Simultaneously, VW Group was developing the Bugatti 18/3 Chiron, both projects then fed the 18/4 Veyron concept, which obviously then became the Veyron. I like both the Hunaudières and Chiron concepts, very unique!
1999_Bugatti_183Chiron2.jpg

Bugatti-Chiron-10.jpg

As do I, there is some crossover with the VW W12 "Nardo" too, I think? On a similar note, I have strong memories of a Veyron prototype showing off at some US circuit (possibly Indy?) and spinning out, not too impressive at all, but I can't find the video anywhere.

Oh. Completely forgot about that. Heck, it was even my main vehicle for a good chunk of the game now that I look back on it.
MC3 was one of my most favorite games ever. I hope they'll make a new one now that they finished GTAV.

On a similar note, I have strong memories of a Veyron prototype showing off at some US circuit (possibly Indy?) and spinning out, not too impressive at all, but I can't find the video anywhere.

I think you're think about the Laguna Seca incident.

Pegaso Z-102 Spanish V8 coupe of the 50s. Interesting design.
Pegaso_Z-102_Coupe_Saoutchik_2995_6.jpg

Love learning cars from Bring a Trailer. :D
Wow!! :drool: I've heard the name before but I don't think I've ever seen a Pegaso. Time to hit up google and see what else is out there.

I'm fully expecting Ben Affleck to get behind the wheel of one of those in the near future.

EDIT: After seeing a pair of Bitter SD coupes earlier, I did a little searching found some of their more recent creations that I've never heard of.

2010-Bitter-Insignia-2.8-Turbo-4x4.jpg

Bitter Insignia. V6 Turbo AWD

Bitterverosport2.jpg

Bitter Vero (Holden Caprice)
They sure are bitter. :yuck:

A one-off concept with an unconventional rear-engine (V8), FWD layout.

A Mini racer called Harry Ratcliffe in the 1960s tried that with a Buick engine mounted in the back of a Mini, driving the front wheels:

BV8.jpg

buick_v8_pic.jpg

Handling was described by Ratcliffe as 'quite scary'.

Time has not been kind to it, though.

2009_06140130.jpg

I don't know whether this has already been posted in this thread, but i remembered about it the other day.

Lamborghini Countach Evoluzione:

counte.jpg

Apparently it was designed and built under the direction of a certain 'Horacio Pagani'. It was made as an experimental test bed for the use of composites in future Lamborghini's.

Whilst searching for pics of it, i also came across this:

Geneva 2011 'Sbarro' Evoluzione

Sbarro-1111.JPG
Sbarro-1112.JPG

Not my cup of tea really, but you've got to love some of the crazy stuff that Sbarro and his students come up with.

Back