JGTC S1 Round 1 Qualif + Results

PLEASE PUT YOUR TEAM & CAR NAME IN YOUR SIGNATURE

ROUND 1 QUALIFICATION RESULTS

round1qualifresultsgt5001mx.jpg
round1qualifresultsgt3006ah.jpg

I have made the final adjustments to the rules and here's the final look. I have decided to take out the penalties for qualifications and best lap in race. Qualifications should be when you are pushing your car to the limit all the time and I had a feeling some would probably back off intentionally since the points given weren't worth the extra weight to carry. 1st place will now get 3pts, 2nd 2pts and 3rd 1pt. Since we aren't gaining any track position what so ever in the actual race I can't penalize the drivers doing well during the qualifications. Only penalties based on the final race results will be given.

points2ws.jpg

weight4ms.jpg

Round 1
Track : Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course 4.80km
Deadline : June 22 @ 11:59PM EST
CLICK HERE to check the time

Round 1 here we are. The start of a promising racing series and talked about around the entire globe. :lol: Japan's own beautiful Twin Ring Motegi circuit is the host of this year's season opener. We anticipate some close and very intense racing with a very even car lineup in both classes. So I guess the only thing left to say is "Ladies & Gentlemen, start your engines". The noise of the JGTC cars erupts in the background and the crowd goes wild. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Here's the entrants list for both classes. The stats correction I made are only to even up the cars. Those numbers are now your new default values for the start of the season. In other words those are your new "STOCK" numbers. The important thing is that the numbers I give you are the same in the Quick Tune-Up screen.

entrantsround17us.jpg

RULES : Standard Online Racing rules for clean racing apply at all times.

Qualifications :

2 wheels on track at all times
Rumble Strips are part of the track
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No Cheating of any kind

NO SECTOR TIMES TALKING WHAT SO EVER IN THIS THREAD

SETTINGS

Quick Tune-Up

Power - Using the figure I give you before each Round
Weight - Using the figure I give you before each Round
Top Speed - Your choice
Driving Aids - None
Transmission - Your choice
Tire Type - Racing
Front tires - Your choice
Rear tires - Your choice

TIME SENDING FORMAT

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Best Lap With Sector Times :
Tire Set :

Awesome :cheers: I can hear the grid reving their engines..."wa-wa-wa-wa-wa" like a grand symphony warming up before the overture...qualifying :)

Okay, down to business. Just a couple of quick clarifications please viper:

1. Qualifying is make or break, in other words you either podium and score, or get no benefits nor penalties, correct?

2. Qualifying and race positions, as used for determining points awards, are based on the full grid or per racing class?

Thanks 👍

ZeratulSG
Awesome :cheers: I can hear the grid reving their engines..."wa-wa-wa-wa-wa" like a grand symphony warming up before the overture...qualifying :)

Okay, down to business. Just a couple of quick clarifications please viper:

1. Qualifying is make or break, in other words you either podium and score, or get no benefits nor penalties, correct?

2. Qualifying and race positions, as used for determining points awards, are based on the full grid or per racing class?

Thanks 👍

1. Exactly my friend :)

2. Both class will have their individual points awards. Then I will combine both results and make the team standings.

Ev0
Out of curiosity, how will passing work in the actual race?

Well you drive pass the other car. :lol: I don't really understand the question. We use the "Pit In" penalty system for bumps with the AI cars, so you must be careful when passing. Did I answer the question?

Oh, I didn't know we get points for qualifying.

Am I correct in that qualifying serves no real purpose than other to get those top couple spots to get points, since we can't line up our cars differently on the track....or does it actually serve a purpose for the race, like fastest time has a weight penalty for the race?

And the qualifying is just one hot lap, right?

eatsviper4lunch
Since we aren't gaining any track position what so ever in the actual race I can't penalize the drivers doing well during the qualifications. Only penalties based on the final race results will be given.

Well qualifying serves for one big time practice before the race. :) Hot lap yes like always.

eatsviper4lunch
Well you drive pass the other car. :lol: I don't really understand the question. We use the "Pit In" penalty system for bumps with the AI cars, so you must be careful when passing. Did I answer the question?
Nope. I'm thinking of a GTP user 'passing' another GTP user. I just wonder how this would work given the time system (Or, will we ignore qualifying results for the race, and just rank the race times based on the times submitted).

I think he thinks there might be a time disparity (sp?) as if we actually ran a grid, where last would pass the line a few seconds after first.

Ev0
Nope. I'm thinking of a GTP user 'passing' another GTP user. I just wonder how this would work given the time system (Or, will we ignore qualifying results for the race, and just rank the race times based on the times submitted).

Just rank with the race times. There is just no point to use a system like .500 between each cars on the starting line since we are running between 30 and 40 mins race. If we were only racing like 5 laps maybe but in this case it's just not worth it.

Well, here we are with "Kolyana 'Bubblegum' Faden" as she comes in from a frantic session at the track. She's fresh from running over in the WRS, where she finished that session by smashing her helmet through the windshield of her S2000 ... let's hope that she's in a better mood today!

"Kolyana, Kolyana, how did it go out there?"

"Whuh? Oh ... " *Sighs* *scratches head* "well, the fast guys have yet to get out there, y'know? I always like to try and chase the likes of TeamLosi and Andge, but I liked what happened out there ..."

"What? The gravel pits?"

*steely stare*

"No ... no ... not the gravel pits ... no, I think I learned a little more of the track today, got to grip with a few of these corners, and got together with the pits a few times to get the gearing right ... all in all, it was a decent first session. Still a little left on the track, I can see that, but not bad for a first outing." *goes to walk away* "Oh, and tell the track owners that I'll pay for that barrier ... kinda slammed into it a little hard, y'know? ;)"

Love the track .... love the car :) This is going to be a fun series.

Does anyone have any hints and tips for the actual races? I've never raced more than 6 laps before and I have no idea how the whole pitting thing works in GT4.

Interesting reading Kolyana 👍

On my side I'm done with my first Free Session run, I will conlude my qualif tomorrow and should be good to shave another .500 sec. I'm not really good at this track since it's a new circuit for GT4 and I only had the game for like 3 months and never really raced on it. It's more of a learning process to master all the tricky turns of this track over really pushing hard to set a fast time.

I also dont know that track at all but i have done some testing race - 40 laps = pure fun !!!! 40min will be a little bit to little IMO :P I also tested AI -> +3 was too small, there wasnt reall battle with that setting but i didnt checked +4 so i dont know how it will work, piting -> in 40min race 1 pit in might be enough so thats 2 argument that 40min will be not enough ;) no offence those are only my casual thoughts (hmm i dont know if it is propper in english ;) )

villainpl
I also dont know that track at all but i have done some testing race - 40 laps = pure fun !!!! 40min will be a little bit to little IMO :P I also tested AI -> +3 was too small, there wasnt reall battle with that setting but i didnt checked +4 so i dont know how it will work, piting -> in 40min race 1 pit in might be enough so thats 2 argument that 40min will be not enough ;) no offence those are only my casual thoughts (hmm i dont know if it is propper in english ;) )

1 pit in with tire wear at strong are you serious? With the settings I tested we will run alot harder than +3 for the AI. :) And 40-45 mins race sound perfect to me, not sure why you say it's too short!

Well I'm dead now, bed time for me. :)

eatsviper4lunch
1 pit in with tire wear at strong are you serious? With the settings I tested we will run alot harder than +3 for the AI. :) And 40-45 mins race sound perfect to me, not sure why you say it's too short!

Well I'm dead now, bed time for me. :)

Tire Super Hard = 14 laps on that track =max 1 pitin on 40 min race ;)

I am almost satisfied with my qualifying lap. I spent some time figuring out how many laps I can get per tire type, and the fastest lap per tire type, and how long it takes to pit. I should be able to have a strategy ready for the race.

P.S. Did I mention this car is sexy?

Speedy, I don't want you to divulghe figures or anything, but I've NEVER race and never pitted, never mind come up with a strategy for it. How did you go about testing the tires and pit stops? Did you actually run some preliminary races, or did you manage to do this in a hot-lap environment somehow?

villainpl
Tire Super Hard = 14 laps on that track =max 1 pitin on 40 min race ;)

Did some testing in my GT300 car and did like 16-17 laps. We'll have to deal with it because anyway it can't be put higher than "Strong" and I don't want to make this longer than 40-45 mins per round. Sucks about the tire wear I know. :grumpy:

Kolyana
Speedy, I don't want you to divulghe figures or anything, but I've NEVER race and never pitted, never mind come up with a strategy for it. How did you go about testing the tires and pit stops? Did you actually run some preliminary races, or did you manage to do this in a hot-lap environment somehow?

Do some arcade races and test the tire life for rsh, rh, rm etc...Then use those info to setup a strategy depending on the number of laps required. You can mix two different tire set combo in the same race depending on the numbers of laps left to go after a pit stop. Like if you have only 5 laps left after a pitstop I hope you won't strap on rsh. :P

Kolyana,
Just put on a tire then drive for as many laps as you can until they are done. Write down how many laps you have done and the time of your fastest lap. Then change tires and repeat.

eatsvipers,
You can ban the use of Super Hards in order to increase pitting. you are the guy making the rules.

Hey Zoxxy!! Still need a teammate?!?! I just pm'ed you and eatsviper, hopefully we can arrange something ASAP! PM me dude!

jump_ace

Kolyana -
If you really wan't to learn this track, run the 8 Hour Enduro. Its a normal car w/ sport tires race and you can run any car you like (its an easy win in most cars) just get something with "some" horsepower. You will get a feel of the track and pitting as it will come many times. :crazy:

You can choose to change tires during a race and can change to b' spec also (watch him show you around the track) he will also pit by himself.

The only thing i can say to watch out for is don't hit the gas button during pitting (when it stops) - it will stop the refueling. :scared:

Back