Things you would like to see in GT5 other than cars?

• Thread starter Inkil
  • 4,066 comments
I agree with you that the clutch would lack having the feel, but I'm not talking about making it nessecary to feel the bite or anytihng like that. That's just going to be impossible to implement. However, for games like GTR, RFactor, LFS ect, a clutch button is implemented, you don't have to use it to change gears unless you specify that you want to, however it does come in handy to get going again fast after a spin, without having do come out of gear, sometimes you can recover from a spin and get going again without dropping down to first if you keep enough forwards momentum. Alternatively, if your in a car where it accelerates just fine in 2nd and it's not worth the time it takes to shift from 2nd to 1st, to neutral back to first and then back to second. Not featuring a clutch would prevent that from being possible. Also a clutch really helps when your in an underpowered car going up hill, or stuck in a gravel trap, it'd be much better to use than a neutral gear. Using it to change gears, the feel and the biting point wouldn't be there, but that's only an issue when your setting off really. But as I said, I was thinking more along the other lines than that.

I agree with you that the clutch would lack having the feel, but I'm not talking about making it nessecary to feel the bite or anytihng like that. That's just going to be impossible to implement. However, for games like GTR, RFactor, LFS ect, a clutch button is implemented, you don't have to use it to change gears unless you specify that you want to, however it does come in handy to get going again fast after a spin, without having do come out of gear, sometimes you can recover from a spin and get going again without dropping down to first if you keep enough forwards momentum. Alternatively, if your in a car where it accelerates just fine in 2nd and it's not worth the time it takes to shift from 2nd to 1st, to neutral back to first and then back to second. Not featuring a clutch would prevent that from being possible. Also a clutch really helps when your in an underpowered car going up hill, or stuck in a gravel trap, it'd be much better to use than a neutral gear. Using it to change gears, the feel and the biting point wouldn't be there, but that's only an issue when your setting off really. But as I said, I was thinking more along the other lines than that.

I agree, when I play GTR despite the need for the clutch when changing up gears, I use the clutch when decelerating for tight corners, if I am shifting down from say 6th to 2nd it comes in particularly handy. I know it isn't fundamental but it makes the G25 feel that little bit more realistic, I know that really makes no odds if your preference is a controller, in which case I would turn clutch feature off.

How about adding an option for a free run sprint to drive like say from "Home" to the "Special Conditions Hall"? I would drive it, as it would help me get ready for the races and learn how my cars drive, since I usually buy alot of cars and tune them with any settings I throw in them, and then race them. It can even be fake sprint tracks for all I care, I just drive whenever I can. I wouldn't mind them adding gas stations and tire change places, since I would be driving for a long time. Also let you pay for gas, almost no one in the world can get gas for free and get away with it. Then again, that will make people think twice about driving a TVR Speed 12. That car loves gas, with it's powerful V12 engine. I would like more realistic sounds to cars too, like the Plymouth 'Cuda. It sounds like a damn vacuum. WTF!

How about adding an option for a free run sprint to drive like say from "Home" to the "Special Conditions Hall"? I would drive it, as it would help me get ready for the races and learn how my cars drive, since I usually buy alot of cars and tune them with any settings I throw in them, and then race them. It can even be fake sprint tracks for all I care, I just drive whenever I can. I wouldn't mind them adding gas stations and tire change places, since I would be driving for a long time. Also let you pay for gas, almost no one in the world can get gas for free and get away with it. Then again, that will make people think twice about driving a TVR Speed 12. That car loves gas, with it's powerful V12 engine. I would like more realistic sounds to cars too, like the Plymouth 'Cuda. It sounds like a damn vacuum. WTF!

Don't you think that would get a bit tedious?

For me GT4 is almost perfect and i dont think its much of a problem for PD to make it really perfect:

1. A few more famous racetracks
2. A few more famous cars from all over the world
3. At least 30 Cars (AI and Multiplayer) on track at a time
4. A better "Chaseview" (It has to be more "loose" - Swingman is the right word)
5. The possibility to add Drivers Names as well as a simple performance setting to each of them (0-100%)

Imagine the following (This was possible in NR2003):
You create a list of Drivers Names (Famous names or your friends names) and set their individual performance
You select a car for every name and a carnumber (which is shown on the car)
You are now racing against famous drivers like Fangio, Andretti and so on and when you see a car behind and read its number you will know this is i.e. Niki Lauda and his strength is 100% - That made NR2003 (with the Mods) really exciting for me. (NR2003 had crappy physics)

6. Qualifying before the race
7. Creation of Championships by selecting the tracks and drivers
8. Weather (Sky-) changes. I dont need rain but the sky should get cloudy sometimes or sunny during a race. (And that makes a difference while racing because the shadows on the track change too) It adds very much atmosphere

Im so excited what they really put into GT5..
I will buy a PS3 only for GT5.. (I hope its much cheaper then..)

profi
For me GT4 is almost perfect and i dont think its much of a problem for PD to make it really perfect:

1. A few more famous racetracks
2. A few more famous cars from all over the world
3. At least 30 Cars (AI and Multiplayer) on track at a time
4. A better "Chaseview" (It has to be more "loose" - Swingman is the right word)
5. The possibility to add Drivers Names as well as a simple performance setting to each of them (0-100%)

Imagine the following (This was possible in NR2003):
You create a list of Drivers Names (Famous names or your friends names) and set their individual performance
You select a car for every name and a carnumber (which is shown on the car)
You are now racing against famous drivers like Fangio, Andretti and so on and when you see a car behind and read its number you will know this is i.e. Niki Lauda and his strength is 100% - That made NR2003 (with the Mods) really exciting for me. (NR2003 had crappy physics)

6. Qualifying before the race
7. Creation of Championships by selecting the tracks and drivers
8. Weather (Sky-) changes. I dont need rain but the sky should get cloudy sometimes or sunny during a race. (And that makes a difference while racing because the shadows on the track change too) It adds very much atmosphere

Im so excited what they really put into GT5..
I will buy a PS3 only for GT5.. (I hope its much cheaper then..)
30 cars on multiplayer mode is nearly impossible for GT5. Even if it has the same exact graphics as GT4. It would take a lot of time to load, you would have to worry about 29 other cars that are willing to take you out any time you are in thier way, and it would probably mean that the graphics have to go bye bye to have so many cars in one game and so many cars racing at a time. Remember that it is just a game. Qualifying is pointless, but there is a qualifying thingy on tounaments. It would be cool to choose what AI cars you race, rather than a -10 through 10 difficulty levels. No need for names and all that mumbo jumbo. The chase view in GT3 was better, since you can see the side of your car as you drift. More race tracks is a must. It would also be cool to choose the HP you want in your AI cars, from stock to fully modified. Choosing your liscense plate and numbers would be nice though...

Hi I would like to see spectators in high detail that actually react with lifelike A.I unlike Gran Turismo 4's robotic like spectators that stood motionless until you drove by. I would rathersee a dozen high detailed spectators (around each corner and area at a time) that all look different and move, shout, and do all sorts of realistic things then a bunch of non-existant crowd of spectators.

Me again,

I was thinking about this and realized that no of the GT series games have had a function in manual or auto mode to put the car in to neutral, nor the ability to stall a car when spinning or setting off.

Is it me or would it be a nice feature to have, where by you are able to put an auto or manual car into neutral (park, drive, and reverse for auto as well)

. Qualifying is pointless,

Erm, incorrect. Personally I enjoy qualifying, but whether you like it or not, if you consider that the number of cars on track is increasing, then you may have no choice. Picture a race with 30 cars on track(bit extreme but possible) if the number of laps are short and its a tight track, even the best drivers are going to struggle cutting through the field, you will need to qualify to get yourself into a descent starting position. For me the AI opponents are far to easy for you to take pole in qualifying. It is unlikely that most, if any races have 30 cars on but still having qualifying as at least an option for all races, certainly help the game in my opinion.

As for Profi, some very good idea's there +rep

Yeah, but qualifying with only 5 other cars on the field is pointless IMO, as no race is that tough, but if it was more cars on the field, then it can be a great idea. That is why they took it out of GT4 for non-tourney races I guess. But we are intitled to our opinions. I keep saying that line over and over. :indiff: It all depends if PD stops being to freaking hard headed and listen to the damn public.

Should have put that one in the funny things in GT5 thread!
nah, just kidding i will stop telling you were to put your posts.👍
It would make for an interesting Like the wind event.

I'd like to see on/offable spectators, barriers, etc. Say you were in the Eiger Norwand track in a Ferrari 599 (drool). If you wanted a touge type event, you would switch the spectators on, and have them cheer you on with airhorns blowing. However, if you just wanted to tour around these beautiful winding mountain roads, like at the start of the 1960's Italian Job, you would swtich the crowds and barriers off. There would still, of course, be invisible barriers to stop you going from the track.

Plus, I just heard the GTHD Ferrari 599 in a video. They better fix that sound... it's far too squeaky and weak. A Ferrari needs to be that exact sound but heartier, deeper, and more powerful sounding.

Hot pavement effect must be in GT5!

Attachments

• hotpave.jpg
    hotpave.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 30
Tick boxes for tuning parts rather than the usual 'do you want to buy this part? Y/N' - 'are you sure? Y/N' - 'do you want to fit this part? Y/N' - 'are you sure? Y/N' etc etc which anoys the hell out of me like you wouldn't believe.

I just want to go down a list, picking the parts i want, then have them all fitted at the same time. If you took your car to a dealer in real life and they kept questioning you about every decision you made somebody would end up with a black eye and a bleeding nose.

Agreed. Kinda like NFS purchase menus - but perhaps even more efficient.

If you took your car to a dealer in real life and they kept questioning you about every decision you made somebody would end up with a black eye and a bleeding nose.

And the same, or less, amount of money as before.

Hot pavement effect must be in GT5!

Indeed, I mentioned heat hazes in the GT5 weather thread, how many times, have you seen an F1 race and the track is shimmering, heat hazes are there all the time, you go in the formula GT and the track just looks cold and boring, heat hazes would make a hot day look like a hot day and not just a cloudy sky.

Tick boxes for tuning parts rather than the usual 'do you want to buy this part? Y/N' - 'are you sure? Y/N' - 'do you want to fit this part? Y/N' - 'are you sure? Y/N' etc etc which anoys the hell out of me like you wouldn't believe.

I just want to go down a list, picking the parts i want, then have them all fitted at the same time. If you took your car to a dealer in real life and they kept questioning you about every decision you made somebody would end up with a black eye and a bleeding nose.

Are you sure you want that in the game?

The nordschleife seemed kinda dead in Gt4. No spectators or any kinda sound. Forza 2 did an incredible job brnging th nordschleife and its flair to life. does anybody know what gt5 will be like??

probably the same, sorry to be so blunt, that is the very nature of the track, hopefully other tracks will be flooded with spectators, to give some races a big atmosphere.

The nordschleife seemed kinda dead in Gt4. No spectators or any kinda sound. Forza 2 did an incredible job brnging th nordschleife and its flair to life. does anybody know what gt5 will be like??

if the physics were better, the track wouldn't seem so dead because you'd be too busy enjoying the white knuckle ride.

Actually, I did a comparison run around the Nurb with RX-7s in both GT4 and Forza, and I'll have to say, my knuckles were plenty white in Gran Turismo. ;)

When you properly drive the Nurb', pushing every corner, you really, but really don't notice the lack of spectators. It's just you and the track. And the track is designed so well, that you don't have a single boring moment. The esses at the start, the almost-managed-it-flat-out high-speed sweepers, and every single corner and bump - I really, really don't notice the lack of anything, even when I did laps in a Fiat 500. Not to mention RUFs and TVRs...

that was not my point. I have been at thenordschleife for the 24h a lot of times and my fatheis a driver. he sais the best thing is the atmosphere around the ring and i as a spectator can varyfy that. of course is the course amazing but NS without people around it is not the real deal.

They definetly need to remove the loading times for each part. GT3 didn't have loading times. :grumpy: Also make a Load, and Save system like GT3, so we can do over our mistakes. It's not like this game is too realistic to not implement this idea.

Back