Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

So has anyone in the States tried downloading the Time Attack mode off the UK PS Store to see if it works with the US version without update 1.2?
Never mind, the 1.2 update as well as the Time Attack mode are now both available for the US.

I agree with Scaff that the 1.2 update does appear to have improved online play, but I'm disappointed to see that it looks as if they have removed access to the Australian server, and have left us with only the US servers, and if so I assume this means we have no opportunity to race against any of our mud-loving friends across the pond.

The Time Attack mode though is a wonderful addition! Not only does it add a significant new challenge, but with its excellent time keeping methods, including keeping track of your sector times, as well as numerous options in terms of ghost cars, it now allows you to accurately asses your skills with different cars on different tracks against your own best times as well against the ghost cars of those at the top of the leaderboards.

I only meant to give it a little test drive last night, but a quick 10-minute session turned into two hours. :D

BTW: Judging by the new Category, WREAKREATION, that Time Attack mode is located in, I assume there are more new features being developed for this category. For a game that I really had no interest in to begin with, MS has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. 👍

I agree with Scaff that the 1.2 update does appear to have improved online play, but I'm disappointed to see that it looks as if they have removed access to the Australian server, and have left us with only the US servers, and if so I assume this means we have no opportunity to race against any of our mud-loving friends across the pond.

Old news – that was removed in the 1.1 update I believe.

BTW: Judging by the new Category, WREAKREATION, that Time Attack mode is located in, I assume there are more new features being developed for this category. For a game that I really had no interest in to begin with, MS has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. 👍

Yeah, in the next few weeks they'll be releasing DLC that has a new track, extra cars, and an Eliminator mode. I'm guessing the mode will go in the category you mentioned.

Duċk;2696191
Old news – that was removed in the 1.1 update I believe.
Well I know it wasn't removed in the 1.1 update, as I not only checked for it and posted about it here in this thread, but I saw that server remain on the list for some time after the 1.1 update, and this is the first time I noticed it had been removed.

I also didn't see where in this thread it was mentioned that the Australian server was removed, and had I, I wouldn’t have brought it up, so I'm sorry if I may have missed the posts where this was mentioned. So when and where did this old news get discussed, and was there any official reason given for why it was removed? Thanks.

Well I know it wasn't removed in the 1.1 update, as I not only checked for it and posted about it here in this thread, but I saw that server remain on the list for some time after the 1.1 update, and this is the first time I noticed it had been removed.

I also didn't see where in this thread it was mentioned that the Australian server was removed, and had I, I wouldn’t have brought it up, so I'm sorry if I may have missed the posts where this was mentioned. So when and where did this old news get discussed, and was there any official reason given for why it was removed? Thanks.

Oh, you saw the Australian server in the 1.1 update? When I booted up MS about a week ago before the 1.2 update, I couldn't access the Australian server. Just US East, Central, and West.

I don't know why they removed it, though.

Hello! Just jumping on to chime in with how I've enjoyed Motorstorm in the few weeks since I've got my PS3. It's really a fun little arcade racing game. :) Games like these always need horns!

I might be missing something, but is there any way to turn on the headlights of the vehicles? It would be helpful in the night stages and would look really cool, in my opinion.

And it irks me a little (but not enought to really ruin the game) that in the latter stages (level 4), many of the computer-controlled cars seem less interested in winning the race than making sure you don't win the race. >__< It doesn't quite make sense to me to see a competitor slam on the brakes and take a hard right in the middle of a race just in order to cut you off.

And you say they're releasing downloadable content?! Grrr! I really need to get high-speed internet!

It's a good update, I like the time attack & a lot of people are complaining they can't cheat any more so thats good!!

My main problem remains though, too many racist potty mouthed 12 year olds making me shut off my Bluetooth headset!!:ouch:

Just a heads-up. At E3 Phil Harrison of Sony World Wide Studios demonstrated the upcoming new course, Eagle's Nest, that will be available soon for download, but I noticed there were several new vehicles as well, including what looked like a MS version of a De Lorean.

I also noticed an old van mud plugger that sort of made me drool. I wonder if they're just for online play or will be added into the normal game?!

OK, so I have no idea what happened to the "Eagle's Nest" add-on that Evelution Studios was working on and had shown footage of back at E3... but here is some good news:

I posted this in the Guide to all the Vehicles in MotorStorm thread in response to a question posted there, but then I remembered this thread and thought some might not see it there:

^ Is this download already out?
Not yet...

DLC_ad2-721242.JPG

MotorStorm Additional Content Imminent
posted on Wednesday, 29 August 2007 by DolphGB @ 21:41
Keep your eyes peeled; new tracks, a new 'weekend pass' and new vehicles are on their way for Motorstorm.

Direct from our friends at Evolution Studios comes a scan of the current marketing campaign that SCEE are putting out in the printed media, and the latest UK Playstation Network email update lists Vehicle Packs 1 & 2 plus the Coyote Revenge weekend pass as 'on the horizon'.

Coyote Revenge is a new track that reverses the existing Coyote track. Also rumoured to be in the weekend pass is the Eagle's Nest track, which was shown at E3.

Also, in the European PS Store, they just added among other things a new 3-min interview with Jed Ashcroft of Evolution Studios on the upcoming "Coyote Weekend VIP Pass" which apparently will consist of 3 new tickets of 3 races in each, with several new vehicles to unlock:

Some blurry pics of the new vehicles (click to enlarge):

The first ticket is said to come with two new vehicles; a bike and an ATV (as shown above). The bike is called the Wakazashi Razor, which from it's looks and from what was hinted on in the interview, it appears to be based on the famous bike used in the cheesy 80's TV show Street Hawk, which tried to capitalize on the popularity on Knight Rider... "Don't hassle the Hoff!" ;)

All bronze in the first ticket is said to unlock the second, all silver on second perhaps opens third ticket. All gold on third, or all gold on all tickets, wins a new vehicle. The 'Pass' comes with Coyote Reverse and Eliminator mode to use in the game.

The new vehicles can be used online only if you have the pass and complete all golds for the last one... and if you do you'll have vehicles most players online wont have access to.

BTW: Coyote Reverse apparently will not be an exact reverse course of Coyote, more routes and ramps have been added to give more vehicle options and a better balance btw their lap times.

PS: No word on what happened or is happening with the &#8220;Eagles Nest&#8221; add-on. :odd:

On an unrelated, but entertaining note, check out these two videos a fan made of some pretty wild "rides" in MotorStorm:

Reminds me how much pure fun MotorStorm can be, as well as challenging. :)👍

New MotorStorm 2.0 Update available for Download!
.... but apparently only in Europe

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=motorstorm&thread.id=28583
Our latest update to the game brings you a range of improvements detailed below as well preparing the game for the MotorStorm™ Revenge Weekend PLAYSTATION®Network download pack that will be available to purchase within days and two additional vehicle packs that will be available later this month.

You will find more information on these in the PLAYSTATION®Store or within the PlayStation Forums at www.playstation.com in the coming days

Here’s what the patch brings: (Keep In mind I haven't check the North American Site as of yet? but most likely expect to be release 6th.)

Vehicle Select enhancement – your last-used vehicle in each class will now be presented as the default choice during vehicle selection.

Assigned player colours are now displayed in the lobby to make keeping track of your friends and rivals easier during online races and Eliminator matches.

Further Player-Stat Improvements.

Purchasers of ‘Coyote Revenge’ can now race this track in Online and Time Attack.

Purchasers of Eliminator Mode will find results from this mode also contribute to their Fame Ranking.

Track Exploits for Grizzly and Raingod Mesa have been addressed.

Headset support – An occasional firewall conflict with headset communications has been resolved.

Headset support – voice comms output now available exclusively through headset.

Many other improvements and tweaks throughout the game.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=134954

Message Edited by ACE72 on 09-04-2007 08:39 AM

Well I can't find it....

I logged on with my NA copy and got zero response as well and there was no info in the announcements area. Dunno.

Obviously I can't confirm or deny if the Euro version update is actually available or not. I do know that it is not mentioned (at least as of this morning) on the Euro PSN site.

Well I can't find it....
If it's like the previous update, you won't find it on the PS Stores. You have to start the game, and at least with the last update, you also have to select online play before it would que you to download the update. If you did all that and it still didn't notify you of the update, then it sounds like it isn't available yet.

If it's like the previous update, you won't find it on the PS Stores. You have to start the game, and at least with the last update, you also have to select online play before it would que you to download the update. If you did all that and it still didn't notify you of the update, then it sounds like it isn't available yet.

Ah ha! Haven't tried that yet, I will do that as soon as I go on Motorstorm again. Thanks!

The Euro 2.0 update is available to download. I had a mess around on MS last night (first time in ages) and went on-line for a quick lose and had to download it.

Minor tweaks like colour coding for friends in the lobby are the most visible, I thinks it mostly in anticipation of the map pack that is due tomorrow.

Regards

Scaff

Welp the "Coyote Revenge VIP Pass" is now officially available at the UK PS Store and the purchase price is 3.99 pound sterling (sorry don't know the code for the English currency symbol). Nothing has shown up yet at the US Store however. Not certain how keen I am on paying for this new content, I mean the game, as fun as it is, was kinda undercooked at first release anyway. :indiff:

JIC There's also a new GT5 Prologue trailer available at the UK store.

Official Playstation Store Thread

UK PS Store Update 9/6/07
(other than pricing, applies to all Europe, Middle East, India, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Game Add-ons
    • £4 MotorStorm - Coyote Revenge VIP Pass

US PS Store Update 9/6/07

• Game Add-ons
    • $6 MotorStorm - Coyote Revenge VIP Pass (includes all the cars below +5th bonus car)
    • $1 MotorStorm - Vehicle 1 (Bike: Wakazashi Razor)
    • $1 MotorStorm - Vehicle 2 (ATV: Wombat Mudslide)
    • $1 MotorStorm - Vehicle 3 (Mudplugger: Atlas Varjack)
    • $1 MotorStorm - Vehicle 4 (Big Rig: Atlas Arizona)

• Game Trailers
    • MotorStorm: Coyote Revenge

I was wondering....

How cool would it be to do a Motorstorm GTP meet up? Like all the available members who have Motorstorm (That also want to do it) all meet up on a locked server (if you can do such a thing), and we all do some racing?

If you guys think it is a good idea, I will make a new thread with it in, keeps this thread more organised then.

Of course we would have to arrange a date and time but it could be quite fun. And we call it "GTPSTORM".....

Well, you can do a "Friends only" race, which I believe is limited to the Friends list of the Host. So in order to set up something like that, we'd need to decide who the Host is going to be, then add that person to all of our Friends Lists (and vice versa, the Host would have to add everyone to his/her List). Then just set up a date and time and hope everyone can make it.

How many people can race at one time? Is it eight?

Well, you can do a "Friends only" race, which I believe is limited to the Friends list of the Host. So in order to set up something like that, we'd need to decide who the Host is going to be, then add that person to all of our Friends Lists (and vice versa, the Host would have to add everyone to his/her List). Then just set up a date and time and hope everyone can make it.

How many people can race at one time? Is it eight?

I've had 12 in most races, but thats often a full server. Thanks for telling me about the friend races and stuff. I just need to see how much intrest there is.

I was wondering....

How cool would it be to do a Motorstorm GTP meet up? Like all the available members who have Motorstorm (That also want to do it) all meet up on a locked server (if you can do such a thing), and we all do some racing?

If you guys think it is a good idea, I will make a new thread with it in, keeps this thread more organised then.

Of course we would have to arrange a date and time but it could be quite fun. And we call it "GTPSTORM".....
I'm interested but first I have to get motorstorm and before I get I have to know if the G25 is working with motorstorm (compatible).

Ace! I will make a new thread about it, and we can discuss time and other things like that. Thanks for all the back up!

Good, good. I have created a new thread where we can come up with a time and general information. Link is in my signature.

Good, good. I have created a new thread where we can come up with a time and general information. Link is in my signature.
Sounds good, but you might want to consider changing the color of the text, as the current color blends into the default GTP background color, making it very dificult to see/notice it in your signature.

Sounds good, but you might want to consider changing the color of the text, as the current color blends into the default GTP background color, making it very dificult to see/notice it in your signature.

Good point, I just always thought it made it look "neat". I'll change it now though.

Back