Vintage Tuning Garage: Official Page (Corvette Z06 Race Car/Stratos Street/Rally)

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 169 comments
img000310.jpg

Lotus Europa

440Pp, 164Hp, 730Kg, RM (No weight reduction)

Transmission: 3.800 final, 143Mph
LSD: 14,22,25
Ride Height: -12,8
Spring Rate: 9.8,6.5
Dampers (Ext): 7,2
Dampers (Comp): 6,2
Anti Roll Bars: 5,2
Camber: 2.6,1.5
Toe: -.13,-.27
Brake Balance: 6,4

Yeah bro. I think either Mudd or Ford has been working on the Super Bee already, and when I get my hands on the Vette I'll be sure to get workin on it. Any specific power level you're looking for?

Does anyone have a good set up for any of the Minis ? Track , Rally , Old,or New i don't mind . Thanks:)

Mini Cooper S 07
Mini One 02
Mini Cooper 02
Mini Cooper 1.3i 98
Mini Cooper S 02

These are in Garage .

Last edited:
DODGE CHARGER SUPER BEE HEMI '71

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Fully upgraded with max parts, Racing Softs, 783 hp without engine rebuid (keep forgeting rebuid :dunce:)

I set trans at 204 mph top speed for my testing at Deep Forest. Best Lap at the Forest so far was 1:15.241, and I'm certain better times are posible as I get used to the car.

LSD 12/24/10

Ride Hight -12 -8

Spring Rate 9.5 10.0

Dampers Ext 6 5

Dampers Comp 3 3

Anti-roll 5 6

Camber 2.2 1.8

Toe -0.24 -0.12

Brake Balance 7 6

Again, I gotta warn you, BIG muscle car with BIG power, if you just mash the gas whenever you feel like it, she's gonna turn on ya! This tune did make her very well behaved, but dont forget to show her some respect with that gas pedal. A true muscle car, have fun with 'er race fans!

Note: tuned in online personal lounge, all aids off except ABS 1

Last edited:
Racing soft tires are what is being requested. If you'd like a tune for sport tires, name it. We'd be happy to. I've actually got a Cuda at 530pp on sport softs I'm still perfecting.

dude you have to share that tune (well you dont have too), BUT its my most fav car just really really hard to tune. i'll just slap on racing softs and go with it. it has to be better then what i currently run.

i'll be glued to this thread fellas. so hard to get tunes for em.

fiji

Last edited:
fiji
dude you have to share that tune (well you dont have too), BUT its my most fav car just really really hard to tune. i'll just slap on racing softs and go with it. it has to be better then what i currently run.

i'll be glued to this thread fellas. so hard to get tunes for em.

fiji

Well since I finally found another Cuda fan, I broke out the max tuned with racing softs and spent some more time running the Forest, that thing is a monster. I got 'er down to 1:14.8xx, but she's LOOSE! I can't hang on to 'er for consecutive 1:14's. I need a couple more evenings with 'er, I should have a full power Cuda turning 1:14's at the Forest by this weekend.

I just published my own tune for the Triumph Spitfire 1500 and happened to notice you also had tunes for the Spitfire so decided to check them out. Yours look interesting but I'm curious what you consider "max preped" as your performance tune is well down on both PP and HP compared to mine.

You have some very nice tunes here and hope you'll keep on producing them.👍👍

Well since I finally found another Cuda fan, I broke out the max tuned with racing softs and spent some more time running the Forest, that thing is a monster. I got 'er down to 1:14.8xx, but she's LOOSE! I can't hang on to 'er for consecutive 1:14's. I need a couple more evenings with 'er, I should have a full power Cuda turning 1:14's at the Forest by this weekend.

legend

sounds better then what i was using i think i hit like 1:16 s rarely. thats when i could finnish a race. yeah shes a bit to handle at the best of times... but so much fun.

i only got the brown one x 2 and the green one. so pissed that i haven't seen any others. i must have like 10 superbees and even more dodge chargers. and alas she cant be painted:grumpy:

awesome buddy i 'll be waiting to see what you come up with.

Just to throw this out there.....I tuned mt GT350R with 200mphFORD's tune and it works very, very well at Dyatona but I can't seem to ride it on the road, but then JLawrence tossed me his tune and oh boy does this car now stick and drive smoothly on the road. Just a sugestion to have JLawrence throw down his revised tune of this car.

kenkwilinski
Just to throw this out there.....I tuned mt GT350R with 200mphFORD's tune and it works very, very well at Dyatona but I can't seem to ride it on the road, but then JLawrence tossed me his tune and oh boy does this car now stick and drive smoothly on the road. Just a sugestion to have JLawrence throw down his revised tune of this car.

Yes i looked over the tune again and ill be revising it with a tune we both came up with. Its alot different from the posted tune but works twice as well.

Yes i looked over the tune again and ill be revising it with a tune we both came up with. Its alot different from the posted tune but works twice as well.

Yea but what I'm saying is that your tune is GREAT for Daytona, couldn't be any better. But the new tune does not work at Daytona, it is only a road course tune. I tried at Daytona and it kept sliding off the banking when up to speed, but your original tune doesn't. Just throwing that tid-bit of info out there.

I gave him the one that the two of us had been messing with before. I haven't changed anything other than the dampers since we last tried it I don't think

'71 cuda

CapeRingNorth.jpg

With max parts installed and over 700 hp, easily the most difficult muscle car I've tuned so far.
The only part I left off was aero, 'cause I can't stand how those giant spoilers look on these beautiful cars!

(Racing Softs)

Ride Hight -6 -6

Spring Rate 7.2 6.8

Damper Ext 4 4

Damper Comp 3 3

Anti Roll 5 6

Camber 2.4 1.6

Toe -0.22 -0.12

LSD 12/23/12

Brakes 7 6

There is also a lot of speed hiding in the trans gearing on this one. The 'Cuda has such unbelievable torque, it really reasponds well to early shifting and low gearing. I really don't believe I've found all the speed hidden in that trans, but as I mess with it in the future, I'll edit what I've got here.

Trans top speed slider at 205, final gear at 3.020, 5th gear adjusted down until estimated top speed is at 212. This setting was used at Deep Forest, where I'm pulling consistant 1:14's, almost breaking into 1:13's. I also made sure to shift well before the red line, the Cuda doesn't like the high RPM's. Usually tried to shift around 5800 RPM. Enjoy it Muscle Car lover's! Don't forget to save some replays of your 'Cuda races, easily one of the most enjoyable cars to watch!

Note: all tuning done in online lounge, all aids off except ABS 1

Last edited:
greatest CUDA tune so far... nice work. :bowdown:
getting 1:14s atm. 1:13 is in my sights along with trying to stop for that 1st corner. shes a weapon.
:cheers: mudd
try the dodge charger r/t if your keen. shouldn't be as hard as the cuda.

Sorry for being away for awhile, ill work on posting my Jag E-Type tune in the near future. Next in line would be the Stratos because i love this tiny nimble car and im positive i can come up with a very good tune.

Picture001.jpg

Lamborghini Countach '74
Hp 525 Weight 905kg PP 568 Tires Racing Softs
Fully customized

Transmission
1st 3.093
2nd 1.873
3rd 1.314
4th .972
5th .732
Final Gear 4.091
Top Speed 224

Differential
Initial Torque 10
Accel Sensitivity 10
Braking Sensitivity 10

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -22 Rr -20
Spring Rate Fr 8.4 Rr 10.6
Dampers Extension Fr 4 Rr 5
Compression Fr 3 Rr 4
Anti-Roll Bars Fr 3 Rr 4
Camber Fr .6 Rr .2
Toe Fr -.05 Rr -.01
Brakes Fr 7 Rr 3

This car had to be one of the most fun cars to tune. Not only does it sound amazing with the Titanium exhaust, it just carved up the corners like a Lamborghini should. With a top speed of 219mph who wouldnt enjoy this classic? I loved every minute driving this car and i hope this tune works out for everyone else as well. Comments and criticism are appreciated, it only helps me to know my audience better. For all the fans of the Countach, give JL a little hell for not liking Lamborghinis :sly:
First off, great tune! The only changes that I made were to suit my driving style and provide for a more enjoyable experience. They might work for some of you, they might not. It’s a great tune to start with for sure.

This car had been sitting in my garage gathering dust since I finished the classic races in A-spec a few months ago, so when I saw it while looking for a new car to abuse at The Ring I couldn't wait to bring it out onto the track and see what it could do. Fully upgraded but without any tuning it was enjoyable enough, but I decided to try your tune out to see what she was really capable of.

I started a lap with your tune and had some trouble swinging through the corners in the first sector of the track: it felt a little loose in general and I was having trouble correcting for that with the throttle with the gearbox tuned the way that you had it. However, I seem to have this problem with a few tunes that I've tried in other cars and I made a couple of changes that usually get the job done for me. First, I went in and reset the gear ratios to default and changed the top speed to 211 to smooth out the gear changes and to optimize the top speed for the back stretch. I then increased the spring rate to 10.0 F and 12.0 R to give a little more control going into and out of the corners and changed the dampers to 5/6 and 4/5. Finally, I went in and set the LSD to 25/30/18, which gave me better traction braking into and accelerating out of the corners.

What I got after making these changes was an absolute beast of a machine that was lightning quick on the straights and tore through the corners like fire through dry leaves. My best lap was 6:44 but there was plenty of room for improvement: I just couldn't help but drive like a maniac around a few of the corners because of how stable this car felt on the track as a whole. I also tested it on Suzuka and Deep Forest, both of which didn’t stand a chance.

nrburgringnordschleife8.jpg

Art Morrison Corvette '60

610Hp, 1264Kg, 563Pp

Maxed Out/RS

Transmission: 3.700 Final, 218Mph
LSD: 13,19,27
Ride Height: 4/-3
Spring Rate: 13.6/11.2
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Comp): 4/4
Anti Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber: 2.1/1.2
Toe: -.09/-.04
Brake Balance: 5/3

Alright, here is the long awaited Art Morrison tune! I apologize for all the time it took, but I hope that you will find that it was worth it! I really enjoy this car, especially the sound of the exhaust note, not to mention that it is pretty quick, lapping consistently in the 26's on Trial Mountain.
Enjoy!

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Jaguar E-Type '61 509PP Racing Soft Tires
Fully tuned
Transmission
1st 2.984
2nd 1.805
3rd 1.250
4th .937
5th .733
Final Gear 3.498
Top Speed 211

Differential
Initial Torque 8
Acceleration Sensitivity 20
Deceleration Sensitivity 15

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -7 Rr 4
Spring Rate Fr 10.1 Rr 9.5
Damper Extension Fr 6 Rr 7
Damper Compression Fr 5 Rr 6
Anti Roll Bars Fr 3 Rr 6
Camber Fr 2.4 Rr 1.8
Toe Fr -.09 Rr -.08

This car was a joy to drive at the limit. With most of the weight being at the front, it would naturally power oversteer. My tune here cures most of the oversteer and makes the car very planted and responsive in the turns. 2nd and 3rd wil still step out but not as much as it used to. Comments and reviews are encouraged with all cars not just this one.

Last edited:
It appears that we have been somewhat remiss in tuning as the three of us have been focusing on the Vintage Sports Car Series/Trans Am that has been running, but regardless of that, I would like some idea as to where this thread should go from here. Any requests in particular? I have a Ferrari 330 P4 ready to go, and both the Jaguar XJ-13 and Ford Mark IV are near completion. What should be done in terms of street cars?

Yup, sorry everyone, it's very easy to get distracted with all the great racing that goes on around these forums. I've got the '69 Camaro SS and the Dodge Charger on my list of tunes to complete.

Autodromo+Nazionale+di+Monza_2.jpg

Ferrari 330 P4

Maxed 617Hp, 792Kg, 653Pp, RS

Aero: Maxed

Transmission: Set top speed to 205Mph, then:
Final 3.500
1st: 2.553
2nd: 1.850
3rd: 1.400
4th: 1.070
5th: .864
Top speed in the upper right should come out to 232Mph

Drivetrain (LSD):
Initial: 26
Acceleration: 6
Braking: 24

Suspension:
Ride Height: -34/-31
Spring Rate: 17.3/15.9
Dampers (Ext): 9/9
Dampers (Comp): 7/8
Anti Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber: 2.2/1.7
Toe: -.12/-.09
Brakes: 4/5

Lap Times:
Monza: 1:37.844
Trial Mountain: 1:18.902

Last edited:
Corvette631.jpg

Corvette Z06 '63

Maxed 731Hp, 1168Kg, 630Pp, RS

Aero: Maxed

Transmission: Set top speed to 205Mph, then:
Final 3.700
1st: 2.618
2nd: 1.885
3rd: 1.390
4th: 1.070
5th: .856
Top speed in the upper right should come out to 205Mph

Drivetrain (LSD):
Initial: 21
Acceleration: 11
Braking: 21

Suspension:
Ride Height: -34/-31
Spring Rate: 12.2/12.1
Dampers (Ext): 8/7
Dampers (Comp): 7/6
Anti Roll Bars: 6/4
Camber: 2.6/1.2
Toe: -.09/-.04
Brakes: 3/5

Lap Times:
Laguna Seca: 1:22.390

Last edited:
Thanks for this one, JL. I'll give it a go tonight.

Edit: Very nice tune for the Ferrari 330 P4, thanks. I added 7kg ballast to position -50 (Front) to get rid of the tiny bit of oversteer under braking on some tracks. Minor detail, though... :)

Back