Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,066 comments
It's up to the game developer only.
Nothing to do with Fanatec.
The Wheelbase itself is capable.
But to be honest I don't know if PD even cares at ti's specific moment.
We shall see.
Fingers crossed šŸ˜
Hopefully media outlets will hold PD accountable the next time they're asked to review/promote another licensed product from them.

One of the GTPlanet reviewers acknowledged that he had mixed feelings about telling us to buy something that doesn't exist a year later. It's not an enviable position that they're in but at some point you can't recommend hardware/peripherals for this game because PD is consistently inconsistent.

Hopefully media outlets will hold PD accountable the next time they're asked to review/promote another licensed product from them.

One of the GTPlanet reviewers acknowledged that he had mixed feelings about telling us to buy something that doesn't exist a year later. It's not an enviable position that they're in but at some point you can't recommend hardware/peripherals for this game because PD is consistently inconsistent.
Well that's PD being PD.
Can't blame gtp the slightest.
Can't blame Fanatec as well.
And to be honest I don't even blame Polyphony Digital as well.
I just hope it gets available ASAP.
Having such a killer feature not making use of is indeed a bugger...

On the flip side though, I have to admit that I am absolutely satisfied with the FFB this Wheelbase delivers in its current state as well as the Signal itself provided by PD at this moment.
It's by far the best Wheelbase I've ever used.
It delivers big time.

But FullForce if implemented and coded well will be a complete game changer.
It's not remotely close to what Logitech TruForce Technology does, which is by the way already a fantastic Feature.
FullForce is going to be the pineacle of FFB Algorithm.
And we the owners of the DD+ will be the blessed ones to experience it... Sooner or later it will come.
Not just GT7 but many other great racing titles as well.

Well that's PD being PD.
Can't blame gtp the slightest.
Can't blame Fanatec as well.
And to be honest I don't even blame Polyphony Digital as well.
I just hope it gets available ASAP.
Having such a killer feature not making use of is indeed a bugger...

On the flip side though, I have to admit that I am absolutely satisfied with the FFB this Wheelbase delivers in its current state as well as the Signal itself provided by PD at this moment.
It's by far the best Wheelbase I've ever used.
It delivers big time.

It's not remotely close to what Logitech TruForce Technology does, which is by the way already a fantastic Feature.
FullForce is going to be the pineacle of FFB Algorithm.
And we the owners of the DD+ will be the blessed ones to experience it... Sooner or later it will come.
Not just GT7 but many other great racing titles as well.
I'm not blaming anyone but PD...

I'm saying that moving forward, outlets may feel hesitant to endorse products from a developer that consistently fails to support the product. I feel the same way about outlets that rate EA Sports games as an 8 or above every year...

And to be clear, that was the GTP reviewer stating that he had concerns about his endorsement of the product, not me. If I were him, I'd be upset too because his customer base (fairly or unfairly) is going to remember that he endorsed this product. PD's ineptitude is potentially going to reflect poorly on his brand and that's unfair to him.

This isn't just a wheel base issue, it's a PSVR2 issue and peripherals in general. For months it was just us Fanatec owners having problems, but now it's Logitech owners feeling the pain. Us PSVR2 owners haven't seen a single update in over a year and I wouldn't hold my breath that PD will support PSSR unless Sony holds them hostage lol.

I agree with you and I'm super excited for it but that's a big IF. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
IMG_6182.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are we sure about that? I know it was mentioned in a patch log some time ago but that was quickly withdrawn as it was incorrect. But that was several weeks ago
As far as I know it has been implemented for Racing.
I don't own a PC so can't confirm it.

Maybe Corsair will use some of it's 1.5 billion dollars of annual revenue muscle to convince Polyphony Digital to sell an 30th anniversary Gran Turismo - Elgato/Fanatec/SCUF waterproofed 4GB memory stick specifically for 10x the amount of space for replay saves!

Corsair + Fanatec

Dear Fanatec Customer,

I am delighted to announce that Fanatec has joined the CORSAIR family. CORSAIR was founded 30 years ago and is a California-based manufacturer of PC Components and Gaming Peripherals for the gaming enthusiasts.

Fanatec will operate in a similar way to SCUF and Elgato within the CORSAIR family ā€“ it will continue to develop and launch products its world-class product range from the current headquarters in Landshut, Germany.

I know you have questions; I wanted to send a letter to answer some of them for you. Firstly, I want you to know that CORSAIR is committed to Sim Racing, the community, and creating great products. There are things at Fanatec that we want to help improve, and I assure you, these are top of our list.

These include:

• Customer Service / Speed of Delivery
  • Warranty
  • Software Updates
What does this mean for Customer Service/Speed of Delivery?

We know the some of the community are not happy about the current state of Customer Service. I get this ā€“ I hear you; we are committed to improving this, we want you to have the support you need should something go wrong. We run a global support and logistics operation, and we will be integrating Fanatec into this, giving you better service and more transparency.

What does this mean for my warranty?

CORSAIR will honour all existing Fanatec warranties. Customers should still reach out to the Fanatec team directly for support via their Fanatec accounts. Our priority is to ensure prompt resolution of warranty issues during this transition of ownership and of course provide continuous improvement of customer support.

What does this mean for Software Updates?

We are used to running a company that has both software and hardware elements ā€“ CORSAIR, Elgato, and SCUF all have these needs. We also know that people donā€™t always get it right. Thatā€™s where we will be stepping in and making things better. It wonā€™t be perfect straight away, but I am committed to ensuring we improve this over time.

What does this mean for Fanatec going forward?

Overall, Fanatec joining the CORSAIR family means that CORSAIRā€™s expertise and resources will enhance the Fanatec product lineup and make significant improvements to the logistics and customer service. Global availability of Fanatec products will also expand through CORSAIR's extensive channels. As I have said, Fanatec and its customers will benefit from CORSAIRā€™s world-class support, including warranty and software updates.

We are incredibly excited about this new chapter for Fanatec, and we would like to thank the community for its continued support. All of us at CORSAIR are committed to raising the brand to new heights and we look forward to sharing this bright future with you!

Andy

Andy Paul, CEO and Founder, Corsair Gaming

Last edited:
Hello guys/girls
Just a question regarding the latest beta firmware update for the DD+
( 2.2.3.7)
Has anyone here yet installed it and noticed any difference in FFB feel?
I read on a different thread from someone mentioning something about a 250hz thing?!
No idea what he means so I just showed up here to ask this question.

Just to let you know by the way, I'm still running the Factory Firmware my replacement DD+ came shipped with and, knock on wood, still didn't had a single issue so far.
It works absolutely flawless. And this is since May 12th.
The FFB feels phenomenal.
So I'm definitely not going to update anytime soon, as long as it's not absolutely necessary.
I'm just curious to hear some opinions from some of you here.
Did it finally resolve the disconnect issues and what's it about with this ominous 250hz thing.?
Keep in mind I only play GT7 and Crew Motorfest on PS5.
God I love my DD+ šŸ˜…

Iā€™m still running FW from 455 base 2.0.1.4 and WQR from 457 1.1.0.1 w no issues either. My advice for now is if no issues than stay where you are at

Those who have tried it have reported success w disconnects w the new test patch 2.2.3.7 so worth a try if you have issues. This update also is supposed to fix CSL pedal (non load cell) dead zone issue

I did notice FFB was a bit numbed w 457 when I tried it - donā€™t know which is used for the patch but if thatā€™s whatā€™s going forward it will be disappointing

At some point other outstanding issues such as w PBME and PBMR will get fixed - those are in the base FW not the wheel FW so will need to move forward to get those done

Have not seen 250hz discussions so canā€™t comment

I also love my DD+

Last edited:
Hello guys/girls
( 2.2.3.7)
I read on a different thread from someone mentioning something about a 250hz thing?!

Just to let you know by the way, I'm still running the Factory Firmware my replacement DD+ came shipped with and, knock on wood, still didn't had a single issue so far.
So I'm definitely not going to update anytime soon, as long as it's not absolutely necessary.
Did it finally resolve the disconnect issues and what's it about with this ominous 250hz thing.?
God I love my DD+
I'm using driver 457, I flashed my wheelbase to the current 2.2.3.6 hotfix and I flashed the qr to the 1.1.0.3 test release.
I'm using your recommended settings and the wheel is fantastic. I have no issues at all and the ffb is as good as it has ever been.
I only ever update the firmware to see if anything changes, I've never had any issues with my wheel and base, and the ffb has always been very good.

I can't see 2.2.3.7 on the fanatec forum, if you can post a link I'll update my base and give it a try.

I'm using driver 457, I flashed my wheelbase to the current 2.2.3.6 hotfix and I flashed the qr to the 1.1.0.3 test release.
I'm using your recommended settings and the wheel is fantastic. I have no issues at all and the ffb is as good as it has ever been.
I only ever update the firmware to see if anything changes, I've never had any issues with my wheel and base, and the ffb has always been very good.

I can't see 2.2.3.7 on the fanatec forum, if you can post a link I'll update my base and give it a try.
PS5 Mode Disconnection Issue and CSL Pedals deadzone

Attached is a new CS DD(+) base firmware file 2.2.3.7

Fixed Disconnection Issues while using PS5 Mode
Fixed CSL Pedal (without Load Cell) dead zone

Known issue of this test firmware

In case you are already using the latest QR firmware from the first post, then after updating the base firmware attached here the steering wheel won't be recognized and a manual restart of the base is required. After this the wheel works normally. We are working on this to not be a think when the next driver gets available.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.
CS_DD(+)_2_2_3_7_PS5_disconnection_CSLP_deadzone.zip
252.03 KB

Edit:
It's on page 9 of the latest discussion thread for Driver 457.
Its from September 17th.

Last edited:
Hello guys/girls
( 2.2.3.7)

God I love my DD+ šŸ˜…
Using this combo in pic and first tested it with Wreckfest on PC in "red" PC mode for several hours and no problems using heavy FFB.
Then I did a bunch of testing in Blue PS5 mode in WRC 9 on PS5 and no problems. Yesterday I ran several hours of F1 2023 on PS5 in blue PS5 mode and no problems.
Going to test out GT7 soon in blue mode. Ever since v1.49 I was getting disconnects in GT7 in Blue PS5 mode, so switched to light blue PS4 mode. But then I noticed I was also getting disconnects in other games in blue mode on PS5 and now I don't, so I am thinking they finally solved this issue. I actually got the FFB feeling really good in those games mentioned above. I was amazed I how good I got F1 2023 FFB feeling with this wheel after some settings tweaks, and I've never had any luck getting FFB to feel right in any F1 game. This wheelbase has some amazing FFB, I'll be able to tell if there's any dramatic changes when I test it out with GT7, I never noticed anything weird with FFB after updating FW to 2.2.3.7 though. Feels great as usual.

IMG_6204.JPEG

Back