Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,059 comments
It's up to the game developer only.
Nothing to do with Fanatec.
The Wheelbase itself is capable.
But to be honest I don't know if PD even cares at ti's specific moment.
We shall see.
Fingers crossed šŸ˜
Hopefully media outlets will hold PD accountable the next time they're asked to review/promote another licensed product from them.

One of the GTPlanet reviewers acknowledged that he had mixed feelings about telling us to buy something that doesn't exist a year later. It's not an enviable position that they're in but at some point you can't recommend hardware/peripherals for this game because PD is consistently inconsistent.

Hopefully media outlets will hold PD accountable the next time they're asked to review/promote another licensed product from them.

One of the GTPlanet reviewers acknowledged that he had mixed feelings about telling us to buy something that doesn't exist a year later. It's not an enviable position that they're in but at some point you can't recommend hardware/peripherals for this game because PD is consistently inconsistent.
Well that's PD being PD.
Can't blame gtp the slightest.
Can't blame Fanatec as well.
And to be honest I don't even blame Polyphony Digital as well.
I just hope it gets available ASAP.
Having such a killer feature not making use of is indeed a bugger...

On the flip side though, I have to admit that I am absolutely satisfied with the FFB this Wheelbase delivers in its current state as well as the Signal itself provided by PD at this moment.
It's by far the best Wheelbase I've ever used.
It delivers big time.

But FullForce if implemented and coded well will be a complete game changer.
It's not remotely close to what Logitech TruForce Technology does, which is by the way already a fantastic Feature.
FullForce is going to be the pineacle of FFB Algorithm.
And we the owners of the DD+ will be the blessed ones to experience it... Sooner or later it will come.
Not just GT7 but many other great racing titles as well.

Well that's PD being PD.
Can't blame gtp the slightest.
Can't blame Fanatec as well.
And to be honest I don't even blame Polyphony Digital as well.
I just hope it gets available ASAP.
Having such a killer feature not making use of is indeed a bugger...

On the flip side though, I have to admit that I am absolutely satisfied with the FFB this Wheelbase delivers in its current state as well as the Signal itself provided by PD at this moment.
It's by far the best Wheelbase I've ever used.
It delivers big time.

It's not remotely close to what Logitech TruForce Technology does, which is by the way already a fantastic Feature.
FullForce is going to be the pineacle of FFB Algorithm.
And we the owners of the DD+ will be the blessed ones to experience it... Sooner or later it will come.
Not just GT7 but many other great racing titles as well.
I'm not blaming anyone but PD...

I'm saying that moving forward, outlets may feel hesitant to endorse products from a developer that consistently fails to support the product. I feel the same way about outlets that rate EA Sports games as an 8 or above every year...

And to be clear, that was the GTP reviewer stating that he had concerns about his endorsement of the product, not me. If I were him, I'd be upset too because his customer base (fairly or unfairly) is going to remember that he endorsed this product. PD's ineptitude is potentially going to reflect poorly on his brand and that's unfair to him.

This isn't just a wheel base issue, it's a PSVR2 issue and peripherals in general. For months it was just us Fanatec owners having problems, but now it's Logitech owners feeling the pain. Us PSVR2 owners haven't seen a single update in over a year and I wouldn't hold my breath that PD will support PSSR unless Sony holds them hostage lol.

I agree with you and I'm super excited for it but that's a big IF. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
IMG_6182.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Maybe Corsair will use some of it's 1.5 billion dollars of annual revenue muscle to convince Polyphony Digital to sell an 30th anniversary Gran Turismo - Elgato/Fanatec/SCUF waterproofed 4GB memory stick specifically for 10x the amount of space for replay saves!

Latest Posts

Back