1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

VTiRoj
My S2000 is in the 1:26 club with a tune I basically threw on it, so I reckon it can go 25's with tweaking.

Hopefully you get your tune sorted and can join me in the 25 club and that's with a controller and sucking at driving lol.

:lol: 2 lap stint, 1:26.36x. I know you'll just laugh at how slow it is, but I don't drive Autumn Ring much.
Me neither, I just started drifting there for the BCC and now I'm trying to make an S2000 not drift there. :lol:
Hopefully you get your tune sorted and can join me in the 25 club and that's with a controller and sucking at driving lol.

Shouldn't take long. :D

Me neither, I just started drifting there for the BCC and now I'm trying to make an S2000 not drift there. :lol:

Shouldn't take long. :D

Ah FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Forgot about the BCC…*facepalm* Dammit.

And damn you and your VTEC friends. :dopey:

Ah FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Forgot about the BCC…*facepalm* Dammit.

And damn you and your VTEC friends. :dopey:

I like how you enter purely to try and annoy me and it ends up with me properly thrashing your arse every round. :D

I like how you enter purely to try and annoy me and it ends up with me properly thrashing your arse every round. :D

:lol: Yea yea, I just don't spend 1 and a bit hours blasting around London for a time like you did. It's fun though.

While going through my garage for cars to test for this shootout I came across my Prowlers. Perfect I thought, old school roadster looks with fat tires and a modern drivetrain.

Can somebody please explain to me how a car with a 52/48 weight distribution (ballast applied after stage 2 lightening) and those über fat tires on the rear can have so little rear grip?:confused: I can get the front to grab on and hold the road like a monster but the rear end wants to come around all the time.:irked: Doesn't seem to matter if your on throttle, off throttle or braking the rear still wants to slide out.:mad: Best I could manage after a couple hours fighting with the setup was a disappointing low 1:31 and that was more or less drifting the track while using an automatic transmission.:yuck:

Really disappointed in this. Would love to see someone set one of these up to be competitive in this shootout.;)

While going through my garage for cars to test for this shootout I came across my Prowlers. Perfect I thought, old school roadster looks with fat tires and a modern drivetrain.

Can somebody please explain to me how a car with a 52/48 weight distribution (ballast applied after stage 2 lightening) and those über fat tires on the rear can have so little rear grip?:confused: I can get the front to grab on and hold the road like a monster but the rear end wants to come around all the time.:irked: Doesn't seem to matter if your on throttle, off throttle or braking the rear still wants to slide out.:mad: Best I could manage after a couple hours fighting with the setup was a disappointing low 1:31 and that was more or less drifting the track while using an automatic transmission.:yuck:

Really disappointed in this. Would love to see someone set one of these up to be competitive in this shootout.;)

lol ya I thought it would be good too, but remembered it sucks to drive for some reason so didn't even try. I tried the 350Z roadster figuring it would be good with a few changes, but once you do an oil change its pretty much right at 450pp and is just too heavy to get super quick times. Cars i think people should try are the TVR's they are super light and fast and what I really wanna try is a standard SRT-10. Mine has over 1000hp tho so I have to hope I get another one in UCD soon.

:D :D :D 👍 :sly:

Im gonna get ma growler out I mean Prowler. I doubt ill be able to do any better than Harvey but it was on the to do list anyway.

Are there any other cars I should look out for ? I cant think of many and I doubt i have many eligible cars in the back of the garage.

lol ya I thought it would be good too, but remembered it sucks to drive for some reason so didn't even try. I tried the 350Z roadster figuring it would be good with a few changes, but once you do an oil change its pretty much right at 450pp and is just too heavy to get super quick times. Cars i think people should try are the TVR's they are super light and fast and what I really wanna try is a standard SRT-10. Mine has over 1000hp tho so I have to hope I get another one in UCD soon.
If you mean the '03 its got way to many PP. Dodge Viper SRT10 '03 = 492HP 1533Kg and 529PP.
Those figures are taken from a pair of them I have with no oil change and just under 5,000 miles straight from the UCD that I've never started up.

I wonder noone takes the `07 Mazda Roadster.
Even with 430 PP this thing does low 28s.

Driven with real grip and FT depletion on.

raVer

XDesperado67
If you mean the '03 its got way to many PP. Dodge Viper SRT10 '03 = 492HP 1533Kg and 529PP.
Those figures are taken from a pair of them I have with no oil change and just under 5,000 miles straight from the UCD that I've never started up.

Idk the year it's the only convertible viper. Damn I got mine down to about that pp with taking off everything but still had engine and lightening do I figured maybe stock it would be low enough. Guess not.

-raVer-
I wonder noone takes the `07 Mazda Roadster.
Even with 430 PP this thing does low 28s.

Driven with real grip and FT depletion on.

raVer

If this is the premium best miata I am also surprised as its super light with low pp stock meaning lots of room for more power.

If this is the premium best miata I am also surprised as its super light with low pp stock meaning lots of room for more power.

I didn´t even weight reduce it. ;)

car has 220 bhp at 1100 kg , 429 PP

raVer

Last edited:
NOT my final entry but turned a 1:35.xxx on it and it is now on share :dopey:
autumnringx.jpg

NOT my final entry but turned a 1:35.xxx on it and it is now on share :dopey:
autumnringx.jpg
I like it krenkme!👍👍

Unfortunately I think the lack of doors would disqualify it though.:lol:

Of course if you could paint it Passionate Pink you would probably shave at least another second off your time.:crazy:

Well you knew I had to do it :dopey:
autumnring2.jpg

Found in the UCD

295bhp
450pp
287 ft. lb. @4300 RPM of torque
weight 1351 Kg
P/W Ratio of 4.51Kg/HP

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
Paint Hemi Orange
Rear Wing A

weight Reduction
None
Engine
ECU
Intake
Sport Filter
Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Turbo
None
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Med. (S2)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 16
Weight Adjust. 64 @ 50
LSD- 17/14/7

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 112
Final - 3.200
1st - 5.082
2nd - 3.321
3rd - 2.590
4th - 2.080
5th - 1.640

Ride Hight - Front: -15 Rear: -12
Spring Rate- Front: 6.5 Rear: 6.0
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 4
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 6
Camber- Front: 2.2 Rear: 3.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.09 Rear: 0.08
Brakes- Front: 8 Rear: 5

Still very tail happy, but managable. Might not be the fastest in the shootout....but I had to :dopey:

Car on share now
autumnring1.jpg

Please use first photo for the entry. Thank you

Last edited:
I like it krenkme!👍👍

Unfortunately I think the lack of doors would disqualify it though.:lol:

Of course if you could paint it Passionate Pink you would probably shave at least another second off your time.:crazy:

I forgot about the doors :crazy:. It WILL be painted pink later tonight :dopey:

Lol I saw the VW car and was hoping so bad someone entered it. Also I think the first pic is cooler. The sign not only shows the course but acts as a guide line to lead the viewers eye to the car.

Lol I saw the VW car and was hoping so bad someone entered it. Also I think the first pic is cooler. The sign not only shows the course but acts as a guide line to lead the viewers eye to the car.

The VW is a fun drive. It just couldn't turn fast enough times. :(
I like both pics, but I think you're right the first one is best suited for the shootout. Think I'll enter that one insted.

FR me if you want to try the VW. Should be on later tonight..... to paint it pink :dopey:

I think ole Harvey Wallbanger just found his weapon of choice.:cool:

It's big, it's bad and I just turned a 1:26 with it on my second lap with my very first settings on the tune!:eek:

You are all in so much trouble!:mischievous::crazy::lol:

Oi, DB, Y U NO UPDATE TUNER/TESTER LIST? :lol: And I'm getting worried by the number of FR cars showing up…oops, that might have given away a bit about my entry. *facepalm*:dopey:

Another question. This photo mode part does it have to be of the whole car? (...) How creative are we allowed to get?

As creative as you like. As long as we can tell the model of the car and that it is on AR then there are no other restrictions on how much of the car should be in the shot. Could be everything or just a tail light.

Also, I will allow folks to change their poll picture up until the entry deadline so if you come up with a better picture before then feel free to change. Just make sure it is clear which picture in being entered. It would be a good idea to mark your poll picture in your tune post so that I don't get confused. :D

DigitalBaka, you can remove my name form the driver list. I have a hard time committing to things. :ouch:

I'll remove you from the list but feel free to test the cars and post times if you like. If you get them all we'll call you official, if not it would still be nice for the tuners to see your times and opinions I'm sure.

While going through my garage for cars to test for this shootout I came across my Prowlers. (...) Would love to see someone set one of these up to be competitive in this shootout.;)

This was one of the cars that gave me the idea for the shootout. I have about a half dozen of them in my garage just waiting to be used. :D Glad krenkme got this one tuned for the comp.

I haven't gotten any friend requests as of yet so I can't test any of these cars.

Feel free to add the tuners on your own if you want to get started. I've put the responsibility on them to make sure that all the drivers have access to their car but no reason you can't get a jump start on the driving. 👍

Back