1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

And that, ladies and gents, is the end of the shootout, we hope you had fun while it lasted and se you next year! ( when S2Ks shall be banned) :lol:
:lol:

Click for tune.

Text link since our image host has currently died.

Photo entry.
HondaS2000-008.jpg

You going with the MGF or the TF160?

The TF160 was my second choice if I couldn't get my real oddball to work decent.

The MGF seems to accelerate quicker but weight distribution makes it harder to tune and drive.

I'm going to run the MG TF160. It handles great and it should put up some good times. I just need to mess with some of the HP options and the gearing and I'll post it. Right now I like the stock color but I will play around with my spare to see if I can come up with something better. Mine is green with a green soft top and I don't remember any other colored soft tops so will probably keep it.

I'm probably gonna drop out of this. I fail to find any fun in running 1:28 and 1:29 laptimes in the best cars I have...sorry to dissapoint anyone, but this just isn't for me.

Dragonthing
I'm probably gonna drop out of this. I fail to find any fun in running 1:28 and 1:29 laptimes in the best cars I have...sorry to dissapoint anyone, but this just isn't for me.

Maybe your just not as good a driver as these other people posting amazing times. Take a few seconds off whatever you are running at and that's what the best drivers will be doing. There's also the photo side and how fun your car is. You don't just have to tune for extreme speed.

shmogt
Maybe your just not as good a driver as these other people posting amazing times. Take a few seconds off whatever you are running at and that's what the best drivers will be doing. There's also the photo side and how fun your car is. You don't just have to tune for extreme speed.

It still seems pointless...all I have is a couple of temperamental brightly coloured cars that have dreadful handling, nothing of any real value to anyone

Autumn Ring isn't a power track. Losing 90kg is worth more seconds than another 10bhp. And I've just realised tris is already packing 280bhp. Guess I'm not the most powerful. :lol:

I've found that 5kg is enough to make a difference on this track :indiff:

This looks very neat, thanks to CyKosis for bringing this and subsequently other things to my attention recently. :)

Miata is cliche, S2000 is my favorite, but I'm sure it'll be flooded with them.
No, I'll have to run something different...

My pleasure Sir, I get a bit worried when I don't see regular faces around. Thought you might enjoy this one too. And lay off the MX-5s, I still might be submitting one, if I can't do something magical with this 206 CC monstrosity..!! :odd:

Pretty in pink..?? Very tasteful, sweetheart :sly:

I concur. If your car drives well, that's all you need to worry about. Don't go chasing the Time Dragon, you'll go loopy..!! Fast is only one third of the contest, girl. And besides which, whose gonna look stupid with me..?? I can't rely solely on OnBoy :sly:

{Cy}

I was having a hard time at my first shootout. I had the same troubles. I did find out I am a bit slower at driving, especially compared to Praiano, CSLACR and some others.

I just focused on how the car drove and could I get the right behavior into and out of the corners, could I control wheel spin etc. The more I fixed the bad behavior, the faster others were able to drive. I ended up in the middle of the pack (which was better than I expected) and got a lot of good feedback which helped me quite a bit.

Pick something fun and enjoy yourself. I don't know if my little MG will break into one of the top spots or lose to another behemoth from "Tons of Fun" Desperado :dopey:. Either way, I'm going to have fun.

Dragonthing
It still seems pointless...all I have is a couple of temperamental brightly coloured cars that have dreadful handling, nothing of any real value to anyone

Ya you may have some cool looking cars. Take pics of them and try to win that part. Like everyone is saying lap times don't really mean anything. I said I got in the 1:25 and it's was impossible for me to get lower. I submit my tune and the first person to test it almost got in the 1:23's. Each driver is different the next person may hate it and get 1:30 who knows thats what makes it fun. Plus there all added up at the end anyway. It's just for fun in the end not like these contest make a huge difference to anything.

madmyk
I was having a hard time at my first shootout. I had the same troubles. I did find out I am a bit slower at driving, especially compared to Praiano, CSLACR and some others.

I just focused on how the car drove and could I get the right behavior into and out of the corners, could I control wheel spin etc. The more I fixed the bad behavior, the faster others were able to drive. I ended up in the middle of the pack (which was better than I expected) and got a lot of good feedback which helped me quite a bit.

Pick something fun and enjoy yourself. I don't know if my little MG will break into one of the top spots or lose to another behemoth from "Tons of Fun" Desperado :dopey:. Either way, I'm going to have fun.

Since I found another use for my Z4, I only have a dreadful looking S2000 and my cute but awful Roadster RS...I doubt either are photo worthy or any fun to drive :dopey:

Ya you may have some cool looking cars. Take pics of them and try to win that part. Like everyone is saying lap times don't really mean anything. I said I got in the 1:25 and it's was impossible for me to get lower. I submit my tune and the first person to test it almost got in the 1:23's. Each driver is different the next person may hate it and get 1:30 who knows thats what makes it fun. Plus there all added up at the end anyway. It's just for fun in the end not like these contest make a huge difference to anything.
If I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect.
Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.
If you can't find the right tool in this garage, Mr Arizona, you don't belong near a car!
He got enough NOS in there to blow himself up! Period! Damn that guy's fast.
You got no call bringin' that fool up in here, you don't know that fool for 🤬!

I'm done for now.:D

CSLACR
If I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect.
Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning.
If you can't find the right tool in this garage, Mr Arizona, you don't belong near a car!
He got enough NOS in there to blow himself up! Period! Damn that guy's fast.
You got no call bringin' that fool up in here, you don't know that fool for 🤬!

I'm done for now.:D

Ahah the infamous speech from the best of the series.

To anyone who isn't sure of a car yet I tested a MG TF160 and it's pretty sweet. I threw on like Pretty much everything except for a turbo and a good but quick tune and was in the lowish 1:27 range plus it was like the easiest car of life to drive. It's also 50/50 weight.

I tried the lotus elan which may be alright, but do not do what I did and lighten it because it needs power bad and is already light enough.

Last edited:
Looking good so far, think I have everything updated up to this point. Got until Sunday night for those are joining in as tuners. Drivers, keep in mind there are going to be roughly 20 cars to test. Plan your time accordingly!

Well here is my entry into the shootout, and yes, it's another S2000 unfortunately. This is my first foray into the world of shootouts and while I often prefer style over speed, I figured for my first kick at the cat, I'd stick to something I know is fast, even if I feel a bit like a lemming in doing so...lol.

One thing you may find different about this S2000 is it's set up for grip and not loose. I don't like loose cars myself although I know they can be faster in a hot lap situation such as this contest, I figure I have to be true to my own tuning philosphy. As such, it may not be suited to all drivers, especially the DS3 users. I use a DFGT and my focus when driving is on precision above all and I don't like flinging my cars about. In the first corner for example, I'm trail braking right down to the apex and right back on the throttle and she's rock steady once the tires are warmed up. Same with the hairpin after the Mini version startline.

So keep that in mind, this is a car that is meant to be driven up to the edge but not beyond, as the LSD settings are rather low and it's tough to light up the back end, unless it's already a bit loose to begin with.

Driving it with my own driving style I know I can be competitive with this car and tune, but it remains to be seen if it can be adaptable to various driving styles.

Hope someone likes it...lol:

autumnring1a.jpg

Honda S2000 03' from UCD, 267 hp, 1127 kgs, 450pp, S2 tires.

Transmission:

Top Speed: 240 km/h
Final Gear Ratio: 4.101
1st- 3.49
2nd- 2.55
3rd- 1.96
4th- 1.57
5th- 1.32
6th- 1.14

No Aero
No Chassis Reinforcement
Drivetrain- All available upgrades
Exhaust, Intake and Engine all standard except for Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Custom Suspension and Transmission
Weight Reduction 3
Ballast 52kgs @ -20 (4.8% ballast)
Power Limiter- 99.3%

LSD 8/14/13

Ride Height -25/-25
Springs 10.4/10.1
Extension Damper 9/6
Compression Damper 6/6
ARB's 5/6

Camber 1.4/1.4
Toe -0.15/0.0

Brake Balance 6/5

She's on share as of this posting. PSN ID to the left (don't ask). Good luck and thanks to everyone who test drives the car.

Not the fastest but a very nice car

autumnringc.jpg

For those who have the car and want to test/tune it.

My tune:

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) `54

305 bhp , 1374 kg , 445 PP

No Oil , No Engine Rebuild

Parts:

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
FC Transmission
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC Suspension
Sports Medium Tyres

Top Speed set to 143 mph / 230 kph

Ride Height -25 / -25
Springs 15.0 / 14.3
Damp (ex) 6 / 8
Damp (co) 6 / 4
Roll 6 / 6
Camber 1.6 / 1.0
Toe 0 / 0

Brakes 6 / 4
Power limiter 100%
Ballast : 65 at 48

raVer

Last edited:
Ive got an absolute peach of a photo (IMO) its a shame the cars really slow. I may enter it for a laugh as im struggling to find something I like. Going for the photomode title I guess.

Im no longer interested in testing so DB can you strike me off the testers list please.

To anyone that thinks that thy can't compete. I've been in four (now five) shootouts, and besides the rally (based on feel of the car) and the TOSS shootout, which my car did turn out well, I went for a fun car to tune. One I really liked. Not the fastest. Not the best handling. Just a car that I enjoyed and hoped others would as well. My Prowler, most likely, will not win anything, but I like that car, and I had to tune it! I do think it handles well for what it is, but not the greatest.

Testers enjoy, and again for those that think "it's not for them". You're missing out on the fun!!!! :dopey:

I'd like to thank DB for hosting this shootout/Battle..It's been a joy to get my z4 ready for the Autumn Ring(not one of my favs), but I hope the testers have fun in the "Jack-o-Lantern"...

Indy

I'd like to thank everyone for the great response so far. The scope of this shootout is quite narrow and I have to say I'm pretty surprised at the huge turn out. We will see how it all goes down in the end but I'm pleased to this point. :)

In fact, since I'm in such a good mood I'm going to bump up the prizes a bit. Drivers will be able to choose a car up to 500,000cr and the four winners from the tuner side will also be able to choose from any tradable premium besides the tickets. I'll update that in the OP a little later tonight as well as all of the other things that need updating. 👍

krenkme
To anyone that thinks that thy can't compete. I've been in four (now five) shootouts, and besides the rally (based on feel of the car) and the TOSS shootout, which my car did turn out well, I went for a fun car to tune. One I really liked. Not the fastest. Not the best handling. Just a car that I enjoyed and hoped others would as well. My Prowler, most likely, will not win anything, but I like that car, and I had to tune it! I do think it handles well for what it is, but not the greatest.

Testers enjoy, and again for those that think "it's not for them". You're missing out on the fun!!!! :dopey:

Wo wo wo there was a rally contest before?

Son of a... I was gonna say how sweet it would be to do a rally thing when it gets snowy outside, but clearly I missed it already.

I think Mr. Wallbanger still has his Rally track on share? I might to...I'm not at home :(

Back