EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
in case youtube embedding function won't work...

It does - you just didn't do it right. Just post the letters/numbers after the =.

In any case, the video seems to have been removed.

Thanks for the update Amar!
But the fact that there ain't a 2player replay really disappoints me. The strangest thing about this is that i can't think of any reason why they would leave it out. A replay is a replay, and for the technical part of it, it won't matter if its a replay of a time trial, single player race, 2 player race or even a online race. Its probably more programming work to keep it out, than to put it in.
Very strange, but since its already confirmed we get at least one more update (for the online stuff) i have good hopes in PD to get the 2 player replays in.
If the only minor negatives in this game are related to split-screen 2 player, they are a non-issue as far as I am concerned.

Those drivers at IGN really SUCK! Also they should do the review with the wheel, but I bet they will.
Any who...
Thanks for the new update.
Tell me about it - the first thing I noticed when watching the videos was just how bad the person playing the game was! It made watching them no fun at all :lol:

Thanks for the vid! :)👍

A nicely cut intro, Im glad they stuck with Dakota Star - Survive because it fits so well..... I like the way they have edited it from the JPN version although the shot of the F1 at the end kind of ruined the effect... I preferred the JPN sudden fade out ending..

Interesting to see the driver getting in the car and also all the cars leaving the pits like that, I hope you can do that in game! :crazy:

I wonder if the JPN intro will change when they update or if it will be a GT-TV optional add on download..

Robin

lack of two player replays is a let down.

lets all keep asking for it and hope it comes in an update along with private rooms and chat.

Once again thank you very much for the update Amar212. A lack of replay in 2P is a bummer, but it really doesn't bother me too much. Bulk of my multi-player action is going to take place online. Speaking of replays I wonder in the final ver if they'll implement replay saves for online races? That's a feature I hope will make it into the final game.

I liked the Japanese intro, but this one is even better :D Damn nice.
By the way, the one that recorded the intro may need to check his PS3. It makes a awfull lot of noice (at least compared to mine).

Man that was rather cool. Loved the bit with the Aston its the first "proper" look at it I've had on GT5P. Can't wait for this now, infact I can see this upcoming week going very..slowly...

HPIM0255.jpg

I'm officially jealous of that dude :( (taken from GAF)

EDIT: It's the presspack :)

It really wouldn't surprise me if places are getting it already...some stores always put it out before they are really supposed to the maximize their sales... its usually the smaller retailers....

Im just waiting for the JPN update which should happen on EU launch day...

Robin

I'm waiting fo GAME UK to give me my copy! Although I suppose because they are a large retailer I won't get it until nearer the time.

It really wouldn't surprise me if places are getting it already...some stores always put it out before they are really supposed to the maximize their sales... its usually the smaller retailers....

Im just waiting for the JPN update which should happen on EU launch day...

Robin

with you there...also waiting for the update,am still convinced we will get it soon!!:)

he robin:the car on your avatar,will it be in gt5..???:sly::sly:

its a ...porscedes gts right?:)

It's just a press-pack, although a nice one :)

You get basic game-disc (with different print-on though) and bonus-press-disc with GT5 videos, hi-res pictures, various press-info, assets and such. So no real mystery there.

Seven cards are basically made to impress, containing short info about most important attributes of GT5:P.

Still, nice addition to collection - kids will be happy one day and I'll cry after they sell it all on e-Bay for 10$ :).

Attachments

• DSC05313.jpg
    DSC05313.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC05314.jpg
    DSC05314.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC05315.jpg
    DSC05315.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC05316.jpg
    DSC05316.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 161
am i the only one concerned about the S2 time trial thing? so you can only choose other tires in regular races?

this looks like a bug, not a feature. it has no convincing explanation, so i hope they fix it soon. time trials will be competitive regardless of limiting to one tire or not.

really surprised at this one

am i the only one concerned about the S2 time trial thing? so you can only choose other tires in regular races?

this looks like a bug, not a feature. it has no convincing explanation, so i hope they fix it soon. time trials will be competitive regardless of limiting to one tire or not.

really surprised at this one

It does bother me slightly that you can't choose other tires, but I mostly use S3 tires during time trial anyways. But I hope they release a patch in the near future to correct that problem.

You get basic game-disc (with different print-on though) and bonus-press-disc with GT5 videos, hi-res pictures, various press-info, assets and such. So no real mystery there.

Seven cards are basically made to impress, containing short info about most important attributes of GT5:P.

Still, nice addition to collection - kids will be happy one day and I'll cry after they sell it all on e-Bay for 10$ :).

Hey Amar where did you request the press-pack? Is it a EU press pack? (hope so, than i will get mine soon aswell). Or is it US?
If its US who did you contact to get it? Looks kinda nice 👍

its a ...porscedes gts right?:)

Nah, its a mercedes gullwing concept.

Gosh you are so lucky amar..... GT always make beautiful press packs and you get them FOR FREE! :(.... I think they will be going on ebay for a bit more than $10....

Can I ask, those pictures of the cars are GT5P renders right? not just photos?.... if so that bloody amazing realism, you can see what photomode will look like! :crazy:

Robin

Back