Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
free black trekkie uniform is up for grabs for about another hour and 15 minutes. Just have to click on a poster link to get the redemption code in home square.
Thanks for the heads up. 👍 Got it. :)

The Living Room Stage Set will go on sale in the PlayStation Home Mall and will be loaded with interactive lights, cameras, backdrops and movie-related equipment to simulate a real-life studio production environment. The versatile lighting and camera systems allow for a wide range of desired angles, movements, transitions, cuts and lens set-ups that allow you to take control of the technical and artistic aspects. Combined with 12 props that come with the space to decorate the set, you’ll have access to the tools necessary to create your own film when hooked up to a video capture system. Priced at $4.99, the Living Room Stage Set will be available at the Estates store in PlayStation Home Mall for your directorial debut.

Here is a video preview of the Living Room Stage Set... and it looks very impressive... and also shows some Home items quite a few people in this thread have been asking for like, a sound system and TV.

I suspect we will see plenty of "Home Movies" being posted on the inter webs in short order.

That sounds awesome! But I don't like the fact that it requires a capture card to make a movie; Why not make it like a replay sort of thing so you can share it through Home?

I hope you can get the TV and sound set separately! Finally some worthwhile stuff to go into the Homes and ClubHouses! And I hope they're not just props, but actually do something. ;)

Since that video will take AGES for me to load anything, what exactly is going on?:confused:

Looks great, but it sounds like you'll have to pay for the space in the Estates store - the new Log Cabin space is £3.99 (as was the Summer House), so I wonder how much this type of "functional" space will be? Still, the concept is great and the possibilities (once again) are endless... what about a recording studio too? :dopey:

I can already see people using this to make Larry Sanders/David Letterman-type chat shows... 💡

Looks great, but it sounds like you'll have to pay for the space in the Estates store - the new Log Cabin space is £3.99 (as was the Summer House), so I wonder how much this type of "functional" space will be?

The quote that FK posted said it was $4.99 which is the same as the Log Cabin.

Still, the concept is great and the possibilities (once again) are endless... what about a recording studio too? :dopey:

I can already see people using this to make Larry Sanders/David Letterman-type chat shows... 💡

:lol:

That made me think of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer salvages the set from the Merv Griffin show, and builds the set in his apartment:

There is a new playstation home "home" available till the 21st for free. It is somewhat harry potteresque in that it has fire, waterfalls, trees with faces, etc. Au region doesn't seem to have it so I'm guessing it is only for the US.

Sony also released a promo video for home and on one of the walls in the promo is some graffiti that resembles a redeem code. I deciphered the code to be:

mc56 bxbc 349k

again doesn't seem to work for AU region so if you are from US/EU/JPN please try this code out and let me know if it works/what it gave you.

There is a new playstation home "home" available till the 21st for free. It is somewhat harry potteresque in that it has fire, waterfalls, trees with faces, etc. Au region doesn't seem to have it so I'm guessing it is only for the US.

Sony also released a promo video for home and on one of the walls in the promo is some graffiti that resembles a redeem code. I deciphered the code to be:

mc56 bxbc 349k

again doesn't seem to work for AU region so if you are from US/EU/JPN please try this code out and let me know if it works/what it gave you.

The Home is indeed only available on the US version, which is a shame I wouldn't mind a new place...oh well. As for that possible code I am not sure, there is no point me trying it, since the EU Home is exactly the same as the AU Home, it's the same region. Someone with a US account will have to try it.

I downloaded the new apartment... It's kind of neat. Made me feel like I was in a Tomb Raider game (I loved the PS1 games), and surprisingly, the treasure chest ornament that you get if you beat Resident Evil 5 looks quite nice in it. About the fire thingies, if you stand in the platform near each of them, you'll switch them from bonfires to streams of water falling from the ceiling.

For anyone interested, the put-the-couch-through-the-roof trick still works. I just took these pictures of the Chamber Apartment:

houset.jpg

house2h.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures. It's hard to get a good shot with a couch in your way. :lol:

That code had something to do with a contest, which if I'm not mistaken, is over. Anyone confirm?
Code works just fine. Put it in at the XMB and you'll get these in home:

sharkhat.jpg

fishhat.jpg

Didn't realize the last one was so blurry, but you get the point. I'm too lazy to go back down and take a new picture. :P

Huzzah, by the end of the week I should be able to make purchases on PSN, so I'll be getting that Log Cabin among a few other things.:sly:

Well it seems a few changes are coming to Home this week, on the 21st of May to be exact. Word of it has been posted on the official playstation forums. Here is a link.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=b_EN_PS3_Home&thread.id=175729

For those of you who don't want to read that i'll try and point out anything major here. The biggest thing is patch v1.21, picture frames are being introduced with this patch but only in SCEA at the moment. Also it seems to fix quite a few bugs, i'll paste them here.

Improvements

• The chat log has been updated with a number of new enhancements:
- By clicking the left stick you can toggle the chat log between three modes: normal, expanded and minimised.
• It is also possible to switch the chat log directly into expanded mode by pressing up or down on the controller d-pad.
- While minimised the chat log is reduced to a small icon in the corner of the screen. This icon will still fade in and out to indicate whether new chat is being received.
- While expanded you can scroll through individual lines of text in the chat log. By pressing [CROSS] with a line highlighted they are able to open an options menu for the user who spoke.
- Lines of text are coloured in the chat log to reflect the colour choice of the user who typed them.
- Your friends will now have an icon placed beside their ID in the chat log.

• Emotes are now available when text communication has been disabled.
• It is possible to target things while sat on the floor.
• The process of moving between spaces has been streamlined which should make relocating a bit faster.
• The loading time for smaller images, such as thumbnails, posters and map chips, has been reduced.

Changes

• We have reduced loading times when using the virtual stores to browse and purchase items.
• We have changed the way furniture is saved in a Club house. This should stop furniture going missing if the player placing the furniture exits Home immediately after changing the layout.
• When you log in to Home, if there is a problem retrieving your commerce information then you will be returned to the welcome screen with an error message.
• When you attempt to telephone a friend that has voice chat disabled you will now see the warning in an alert message instead of a pop-up.
• If you choose not to download an update patch for Home and then attempt to log on you will be returned to the welcome screen with an appropriate error message.
• We’ve swapped the dark grey and dark blue pop-up colours for magenta and turquoise to make text easier to read in the chat log.
• Club ownership is now indicated by a crown icon instead of a star.
• We’ve slowed down the speed at which you can rotate furniture.

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug that could cause items of furniture placed in the Club house to go missing (this is separate from the change to make saving the layout more robust).
• Fixed a problem that could cause Home rewards to be lost after a network error.
• Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when the user is signed out of the PSN while logging on to Home.
• Fixed a bug that would send users to the wrong place if they accepted an invitation to a Personal Space just as its owner relocated elsewhere.
• The option to make cross regional telephone calls from public spaces is no longer greyed out.
• Fixed a bug where spawning inside the trigger radius of certain mini-games would result in the user automatically joining them.
• Fixed a bug that would result in a “typing” chat bubble being displayed permanently if the user muted someone while they were typing.
• Changed Game Launching error messages so that line breaks show up correctly in them now.
• Fixed a bug that would cause alert messages to remain on screen after being disconnected.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if the user was disconnected while making a purchase in Home.
• The furniture placement camera will now respect the control inversion settings specified in the Menu Pad.
• Adjusted the way characters get up from seating to make them less prone to popping in and out of seats that are close together.
• Fixed a bug that would result in characters standing on top of certain types of seating after standing.
• Fixed a bug that would cause certain parts of some animations to “stick” if the character stood up while playing them (for example if the user stood up while yawning, their mouth would be stuck open).
• Fixed a bug that would allow the character to run or slide while performing spot idle animations.

Also the Easports space is getting some improvements all to do with Poker, here they are.

- Leader Boards
The two screens attached to the roof support pillars in the space will now have leaderboard information for daily winners, and season leaders.
- Ranking
The top 100 players for the season and for the day will be ranked and you can see if you have a ranking by looking at the bottom of the leader board
- Red Tournament Table
The middle table will now become the Red Tournament table. You will need to have a positive bankroll to play on this table which means having at least 1000 points in your bankroll
- Point Rewards for Winning
On the tables your rewards will vary based on the number of players and how you finish, Green payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, Red tables pays out more than Green
- Improved camera system (L1 to change, L2 to reset)
You now have 4 different views of the table you play on - standard, over head, table top view 1, table top view 2
You can look at the leader board to see how many point the daily and season winners have posted
Watch 1 of 3 video screens
View the Scoreboard slide show
Check the Ticker for updated event information
- Table placement
By moving the location of the tables we will be able to reduce the cross chatter between tables that occurs while texting
This change should also eliminate the annoying "video screen in my ear effect" that occurs on certain seats
- Music (R2 to change volume)
We have added a music track to the Poker game to make things a little more interesting. Volume control will also be added so you can toggle between 3 volume levels or turn it off completely (R2)
- Blind Timers
Now increment based on the number of people remaining at the table
- Blind Time on Status board
When you walk up to a table you now see how high the blind is and when it will double.

Home Square will also be getting a little update, so you will need to download it again. Also there will be some new hairstyles, Sleek Crop, Crop, Forward Spikes, Short Hair, Spiky Hair and Shaggy Sleek and some new things will be added in Threads. This will come on the 21st May to SCEE Home, as for other regions I am not sure.

All of which the only worth me checking out is the new hairstyles and what's in Threads.:ouch: I wasn't aware the text chat thing needed improving either.:dunce:

All of which the only worth me checking out is the new hairstyles and what's in Threads.:ouch: I wasn't aware the text chat thing needed improving either.:dunce:

Well everything can always be improved on, we'll just have to wait and see if it's really an improvement.:nervous: Hopefully with the new Home square and the mention of the board games, the glitching that spoils these games will no longer be possible. It has taken the long enough to provide these updates, so they should hopefully be worth the wait.

I do hope that "Short Hair" will be closer to my own, as my current hair style on Home isn't quite right.:P I can't wait to get the Log Cabin through the week, only a matter of days before I get the card.:D

But you replied like 2 minutes later. Didn't you?

But that's me when I'm up so late *sigh*

Well I had to turn the computer off didn't I?:P Normally I'm on the computer a little longer after turning off the PS3 before heading to bed.👍

Good news for all you Home and Resistance fans out there:

Playstation Blog
This Thursday, May 21st, the epic sci-fi shooter franchise Resistance comes blasting into Home with a dedicated game space featuring an awesome turret-style FPS mini-game, reward items, leaderboards and full-on game launching support.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...nce-space-unleashed-game-launching-confirmed/

Video of the mini-game in the link.
I'm guessing us Europeans will have to wait another month or two for this. :rolleyes: I know we get other good content and we can use American accounts but its not the same.

PS: Is it possible to embed video from that link in a post?

Back