T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indeed nice racing! 👍

In the early stages of the race I had a nice battle with Jon for 2nd position, but in trying to follow Jukka's amazingly quick and steady pace I burned up my tires so I couldn't work my 1 stop strategy (first fail) and then I spun in the 16th lap (second fail), but anyways I had lots of fun. Let's do it again soon. I look forward to the team event series!

:cheers:
Bart

Yeah nice race indeed. And thanks for the battle Bart. Im trying to get wise and think tire strategy so in the race I eased up thinking you where on a 2 pit strategy and Jukka flying away as we where battling out. In the end Its clear that I still need some lessons as my 1 stop really didnt pay off.

Its really nice to have you on board Bart. See you at the track mate.

SHANGHAI SURPRISE

RACE 10

WEDNESDAY WEEK 13

CARS: GT-300 JAPANESE CARS (JGTC)

GT5e_AutoBACSol4.jpg

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya

NrburgringNordschleife_30.jpg

Castrol Mugen NSX

5425219703_86ee598e3e_z.jpg

GT-R Calsonic Skyline

ToscanaTarmac_26.jpg

RX-7 Asparadrink

Plenty of cars to choose from in the JGTC series. Just take a pick.

PP: 545
-You can tune the engine to 545 pp

-Body rigidity allowed

-No other mods

-You can of course tune the car with parts that come with the car.

TYRES: sport soft

TRACK DIRECTION: All tracks normal direction

PITSTOPS: Optional

TRACK 1: Eiger Nordwand short track

picture.php

10 minutes test drive
1 lap race
10 minutes qualy
race Eiger

TRACK 2:Grand Valley Speedway

picture.php

10 minutes test drive[/IMG]
1 lap race
10 minutes qualy
race Grand Valley

TRACK 3: Trial Mountain

picture.php

10 minutes test drive
1 lap race
10 minutes qualy
race Trial Mountain

Last edited:
ill be there mate , i cant wait to enter another t&l event ,they really are the best out there. the more i watch last saturdays replay the better it gets , hat off to all that took part , ture gentleman racers.

Hi Fastas. Yes no prob. Its open - you just need to be friend with the race host as we´re running private lobby.

The Castrol Mugen NSX will not be allowed in tonights race.

Rikard - Apparently Ive been having the same problem as you. Jukka told me several times about my strange break lights and yesterday it become clear that breaks where slowing me down. Today ive changed my clutch pedal with the break pedal. It seams to have solved the issue. I havent realized this earlier as I thought the car maybe needed an oil change or something.

Bart - we usually have a saturday race every second weekend. Next event will be held 30.04. However there is something going on for this weekend aswell - a test run for next saturday.

Tonights participants atm:

Jon
Rune
Warren
Matt
Matthew
Deano
Bart
Laurent
Jukka
Rikard
Fastas

Waiting for:
John
John (PB)
Bjørn
Stig
Maz
Adam

Last edited:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I can't race tonight. :( As much as I want to... Only weekends for me ;)

Results shanghai surprise

1st Jon 16 T&Ls
2nd Rikard 15 T&Ls
3rd Deano 14 T&Ls
Warren 14 T&Ls
4th Fastas 13 T&Ls
5th Mattew 12 T&Ls
6th Jukka 11 T&Ls
7th Wayne 10 T&Ls
8th Matt 9 T&Ls
9th Rune 8 T&Ls
10th Eriba 7 T&Ls

Last edited:

RACE No xx - the New Sportscar eXperimental - NSX

OPEN T&L EVENT

nsx%20acura%20honda.jpg

21:00 GMT

Weather: Sunny only
Race admin: Jon
Duration: 7 laps roughly xx minutes of driving + 10 min thinker time

Post your name to take part in the race.

THE STORY

Upon its release in 1990, the NSX design concept measured 1,170 mm in height, only 141.3 mm taller than the legendary Ford GT40, and showcased Honda's technology. The Japanese car maker's race track innovations and competitive history were further exemplified on the road by the car's strong chassis rigidity and cornering/handling capabilities were the results of Ayrton Senna's direct input with NSX's chief engineers while testing the NSX prototype car at Honda's Suzuka Circuit during its final development stages The car additionally boasted the world's first production car engine with titanium connecting rods, forged pistons, and ultra high-revving capabilities.

After studying their main competitors such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche, Honda engineers designed the NSX in search of the "perfect balance" between usable power and reliability and thus produced a powerful naturally aspirated VTEC engine suitable for the extreme demands of both road and track.

One of the first magazine articles to offer NSX test data showed the lightweight 3.0L 270 bhp (200 kW) NSX producing a best 0-60 mp/h time of 5.03 seconds and 13.47 seconds for the quarter mile. Also on a Ferrari 348 to NSX comparison, a 0-60 mph time of 5.2 seconds was recorded for the 1991 NSX.

Today the NSX is still considered by owners of the marque as one of the most reliable exotic cars ever manufactured, with many examples exceeding 100,000 miles (160,000 km) without serious notable reliability issues or having suffered manufacturer recalls.

The original NSX ceasing production in 2005 but tonight we're reliving the NSX history through out its series of cars and changes.
Id like to point out one aim for tonight 7.56 at NS in the last race. Please read the story.

CAR & TRACK SPECIFICATIONS

Stock cars <300 bhp
Weight : 1230 - 1350 kg
Tyres: Sports hard

Modification:

* NO TUNING
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

Race No 1: Track: Monaco
Car: NSX '90 - 281bhp 1350kg

Race No 2:Track: Rome
Car: NSX '95 - 282 bhp 1350 kg

Race No 3:Track: Tokyo
Car: NSX '97 - 281 bhp 1350 kg

Race No 4:Track: Trial mountain revers
Car: NSX '99 - 286 bhp 1350 kg

Race No 5:
Track: Cape ring peri
Car: NSX '01 - 281bhp 1340kg

NSX-S, S-Zero
Along with the engine displacement increase in 1997, Japan exclusively received the NSX type S and NSX type S Zero, weighing in at 1,320 kg and 1,280 kg respectively. Both had a stiffer suspension than the normal NSX.

Unlike the standard Type S, the S-Zero does not offer Air Conditioning, navigation, and stereo system as an option. The suspension is stiffer than the standard Type S but retaining the Type S's larger rear sway bar. Changes were also made to the interior's manual transmission boot shifter, replacing the original material from leather to mesh.

Race No 6:
Track: Grand Valley revers
Car: NSX Type S '99 - 281 bhp 1320 kg

Race No 7:
Track: Suzuka
Car: NSX Type S Zero '99 - 281 bhp 1270 kg

Race No 8:
Track: Fuji
Car: NSX Type S '01 - 281 bhp 1320 kg

NSX R
For those NSX customers seeking a no-compromise racing experience, Honda decided in 1992 to produce a version of the NSX specifically modified for superior on-track performance at the expense of customary creature comforts. Thus, the NSX Type R was born.

Honda engineers started with a base NSX coupe and embarked on an aggressive program of weight reduction. Sound deadening, the audio system and the entire air conditioning system were removed. The power leather seats were replaced with lightweight carbon fiber racing seats manufactured for Honda by Recaro. The stock alloy wheels were replaced with forged aluminium wheels produced by Enkei, which reduced the car's unsprung weight. The stock leather shift knob was replaced with a sculpted titanium piece. Overall, Honda managed to remove 120 kg of weight, giving the NSX-R a final weight of 1,230 kg.

Turning to the suspension, it was well known by 1992 that the NSX, due to its mid-engine layout and rear-end link travel, was susceptible to a sudden oversteer condition during certain cornering maneuvers. To address the problem and improve the NSX-R's cornering stability at the limit, Honda replaced the entire suspension with completely new springs and dampers.

The stock NSX has a rear bias in its spring rates, where the rear springs are stiffer than the front. On hard deceleration upon corner entry, the softer front springs allow weight transfer to the front wheels, increasing front grip and thus improving steering response. However, the weight transfer also takes weight off of the rear wheels, causing them to lose grip. The net result is a tendency toward oversteer, as the rear wheels are more likely to break traction and cause a fishtail (drift) or spin. For the NSX-R, Honda reversed the spring bias, placing stiffer springs on the front suspension. This had the effect of preventing weight transfer to the front suspension under hard braking. Of course, by keeping weight off of the front wheels, front grip was reduced and the change therefore had the negative effect of increasing the understeer tendency of the car. This change required better driver skill to manage.

Race No 9:
Track: Nurburgring GP/F
Car: NSX Type R '92 - 281 bhp 1230 kg

Second generation NSX-R
The result of Honda's second NSX-R effort was a vehicle that could challenge the latest sports car models on the track, despite having a base design that was more than 15 years old. For example a 2003 NSX-R around the legendary Nurburgring road course in 7:56, a time equal to a Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale. The NSX-R accomplished this feat despite being out-powered by the Ferrari by nearly 100 bhp (75 kW)

Race No 10:
Track: NS - 2 laps.
Car: NSX Type R '02 - 281 bhp 1230 kg

Gran Turismo 5 car list

LIST OF CARS NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT

NSX '90 - 281bhp 1350kg
NSX '95 - 282 bhp 1350 kg
NSX '97 - 281 bhp 1350 kg
NSX '99 - 286 bhp 1350 kg
NSX '01 - 281bhp 1340kg
NSX Type S '99 - 281 bhp 1320 kg
NSX Type S Zero '99 - 281 bhp 1270 kg
NSX Type S '01 - 281 bhp 1320 kg
NSX Type R '92 - 281 bhp 1230 kg
NSX Type R '02 - 281 bhp 1230 kg

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:

T&L Track night

OPEN T&L EVENT

Peugeot-908HY-2.jpg

Saturday 26.03 - 21:00 GMT

Race admin: Jon
Duration: 7 laps roughly

550 - 650PP Race cars - Le mans, NS, Laguna seca
650 - 700PP Race cars - Le mans, NS, Tokyo
950 - 1000PP Race cars - Le mans

Last edited:

RACE SATURDAY No 5 - TEAM EVENT 2
Hare & the Tortoise

images

OPEN T&L EVENT
Time: saturday 02.04.11 at 21:00 GMT

Qualification wednesday 30.03.11 at 21.00 GMT

Track: Autum Ring
Race admin: Matt

Duration: 52 laps roughly 84 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between lap 15 & 30

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

Chevrolet%20Corvette%20Z06%20(C6)%20'06.jpg

Class 1: Corvette ZR1 C6 RM 09

Bhp limit: 443 bhp
Weight : 1100 kg
Performance points: 600PP
Tyres: Racing hard/medium
Modification: Racing mod
Carbon propeller shaft
Full LSD
Semi racing flywheel & twin plate clutch
TVR%20Tuscan%20Speed%206%20'00.jpg

Class 2: TVR Tuscan speed 6 RM 00
Bhp limit: 486 bhp
Weight : 880 kg
Performance points: 600PP
Tyres: Racing hard/medium
Modification: Racing mod
Carbon propeller shaft
Full LSD
Semi racing flywheel & twin plate clutch
Sports ecu
Stage 2 engine tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic convert sports

* It will be upto each individual on how to achieve the 600pp limit.
* NO AIDS
* ABS 1

THE STORY

the Qualification - teams
A qualifier will be held wednesday 30.03 to determine the teams
The fastest qualifier will be teamed up with the slowest qualifier.
No 1 will team up with 16th fastest. 2nd fastest will team up with 15th fastest etc etc
Car: Corvette Zr1 RM

the Cars
Fastest group of qualifiers will be driving the TVR in the Race and the slowest qualifying group will be driving the Zr1.
No 1 driver of the team will use the TVR no 2 will use the Zr1.

the Tires
Tyres to be used over 40 laps are Racing Hards and racing mediums
Pit window opens after lap 15-30
If you start the race on mediums and when you pit in you will have to change to Hards. If race is started on hards then you must change to mediums.
You can only pit In twice and only use Racing mediums for 1 stint.
If your Tyres are not useable and you can not continue then you pit in and stay pitted.
It all comes down to driving fast and taking care of Tyres

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:

RACE SATURDAY No 8 - TEAM EVENT x
Graffens choice

images

OPEN T&L EVENT
Time: saturday 28.05.11 at 21:00 GMT

Qualification wednesday 25.05.11 at 21.00 GMT

Track: xxxxxxxx
Race admin: Bjørn

Duration: xx laps roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between lap 15 & 30

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

images

Class 1: Camaro LM Race Car

Bhp limit: xxx bhp
Weight : xxxx kg
Performance points: 635PP
Tyres: Racing hard
Modification: NO

images

Class 2: Corvette C5-R
Bhp limit: xxx bhp
Weight : xxx kg
Performance points: 635PP
Tyres: Racing hard
Modification: NO

* Oil change allowed
* NO AIDS
* ABS 1

THE STORY

the Qualification - teams
A qualifier will be held wednesday 11.05 to determine the teams
The fastest qualifier will be teamed up with the slowest qualifier.
No 1 will team up with 16th fastest. 2nd fastest will team up with 15th fastest etc etc
Car: Camaro LM Race car

the Cars
Fastest group of qualifiers will be driving the Camaro in the Race and the slowest qualifying group will be driving the Corvette.
No 1 driver of the team will use the Camaro no 2 will use the Corvette.

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

Last edited by a moderator:
Some excellent race events coming up .
Well done , and thanks to all the effort you guys have put in.

See you on the track

Wednesday Race #11 - Coffee Break

Time
30.3.2011 - 20.00GMT

Track
Cape Ring

picture.php

Duration: 17 Laps

Car
Suzuki Cappuccino RM '95

5512658055_c325e6c1c1_z.jpg

Optional extras: Everything
Power limit: 135BHB
Tyres: Sports Hard

Other rules: ONE mandatory pitstop before the last lap

Results

1. JvM
2. new_soul
3. Theewar
4. Synwraith
5. Fingersandthumbs
6. D34NO_33
7. Wayne
8. adddictions
9. uk86ze
10. Marchbrown

5512652597_32d0209455_b.jpg

Photomode pics by - Mchid81

Last edited:
Family permitting I hope to come along and support your event again, more often than not i'm last :grumpy: but I still enjoy your races. 👍

Phillip.

In for Capuccino at Cape Ring, look out for yellow #51 :D 👍

All the best
Maz

Anyone still looking for a teammate? Only drawback is that I can't make the qualifying tonight.... but I'd love to participate Saturday.

Matching teammate will be done through qualifying PASM (1 "fast" + 1 "slow" = team) :sly:

Hope it will be room for you 👍

Back