GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
I'm in the same situation, but my email address WAS working before the outage.

I called the au PSN support, they asked my for 5 friends on my list for confirmation, and changed the sign in email. Just got the account working today. Give the AU support line a call if you're stuck.

I have two questions :)
GTP_CSL / CSLACR / (1.664 / 2.253) -- Division 1 Silver (1.334 - 1.666): -- Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):
I know these are handicap ratings, but what is the 1.664, and what is the 2.253?
It's not a particularly big deal, just curious how I made silver instead of bronze. (not that I mind)
And Q2: Where do I find my current handicap rating?

I have two questions :)
GTP_CSL / CSLACR / (1.664 / 2.253) -- Division 1 Silver (1.334 - 1.666): -- Division 1 Bronze (1.667 - 1.999):
I know these are handicap ratings, but what is the 1.664, and what is the 2.253?
It's not a particularly big deal, just curious how I made silver instead of bronze. (not that I mind)
And Q2: Where do I find my current handicap rating?

In the registry, the first second number is your handicap at the time we last did promotions (after week 12), and the second first number is your qualifier handicap.

This should also answer your Q2! ;)

Last edited:
In the registry, the first number is your handicap at the time we last did promotions (after week 12), and the second number is your qualifier handicap.

I've now realized a more direct question for what I'm really wondering.
First I want to make it clear I know I'm nowhere near deserving a promotion to D1G. I'm not asking for one currently either, just to bump that out of the way.
I also know D1G promotions are specifically mentioned as being harder to get than others, and I also know from reading in here that just lowering your handicap is not the only factor in promotions, so I'm just looking for a rough number, a "goal" to stride for, so to speak.

What about would my handicap have to drop to in order to get the elusive promotion to D1G? (Or anyone else for that matter)

What about would my handicap have to drop to in order to get the elusive promotion to D1G? (Or anyone else for that matter)

D1G promotions are the WRS equivalent of making it into a sports Hall of Fame.

It requires extensive discussion among the admins, with broad support of the promotion.

Another way of saying it - You have to get to the proper handicap level, perform there with consistency, AND make the right impression on our "selection committee".

EDK
D1G promotions are the WRS equivalent of making it into a sports Hall of Fame.

It requires extensive discussion among the admins, with broad support of the promotion.

Another way of saying it - You have to get to the proper handicap level, perform there with consistency, AND make the right impression on our "selection committee".
Good enough for me, it's a long-term goal, as I know I'm nowhere near the level required yet.
Thanks for the answers. 👍

In the registry, the first number is your handicap at the time we last did promotions (after week 12), and the second number is your qualifier handicap.

I agree, except I think you might have the first number and second number meaning backwards.

The first number should be your qualifier handicap, the second one should be the handicap at the time of last promotions.

Any admin feel free to yell at me if I have this wrong.:nervous:

And CSL as far as I know, there are not generally any reverse promotions. (demotions)

I agree, except I think you might have the first number and second number meaning backwards.

The first number should be your qualifier handicap, the second one should be the handicap at the time of last promotions.

Any admin feel free to yell at me if I have this wrong.:nervous:

And CSL as far as I know, there are not generally any reverse promotions. (demotions)

You have it right.

And there are only demotions at the request of the registry members and even then, only when warranted based on results.

EDK
You have it right.

And there are only demotions at the request of the registry members and even then, only when warranted based on results.

Yes, that was my mistake. First number is qualifier handicap; second number is current handicap.

Also, demotions are never done automatically, but only by request.

When determining whether or not to grant a demotion request, we look at the overall handicap, but also at the distribution. For example, if someone alternates between mid-pack D1 and mid-pack D3 with their performances, and wishes to be bumped down to D2, we probably won't grant it, as D1 is more representative of their achievable pace.

Hi admins,
I'm very satisfied with my place in the D2 Silver.
But I have a little question. I see my handicap is 1.9xx and all the others in D2Silver have a handicap of over 2.xxx. Could you please explain this to me. Don't get me wrong here, I'm over the moon with my position :D

Last edited:
Hi

I'm trying to do a proper time for the GTP-Qualifier, but I'm not sure if the following is clean or dirty.
In my opinion it should be clean, isn't it?

(click for full size)

Thanks in advance!

dr_slump
Hi

I'm trying to do a proper time for the GTP-Qualifier, but I'm not sure if the following is clean or dirty.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/nrburgringnordschleife1x.jpg/
(click for full size)

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion it should be dirty, but I don't make the rules. I do like one of the first rules of WRS though, if your not 100% sure its clean considerate it dirty.

I'm trying to do a proper time for the GTP-Qualifier, but I'm not sure if the following is clean or dirty. In my opinion it should be clean, isn't it?
Welcome to WRS. You don't want to qualify on a lap with that passage in it as the rules clearly state that curbs are clean but the stuff behind it is not.
Quickly dump that replay and give it another go 👍

Rule for qualifier is:
All Hard Surfaces are track. This includes rumble strips, concrete, cobbles, etc

That is clean by looking at this small image, tried to enlarge that photo but it's taking ages to load don't know why?:dunce:

Welcome to WRS, have fun and good luck with qualifier! 👍

Welcome to WRS. You don't want to qualify on a lap with that passage in it as the rules clearly state that curbs are clean but the stuff behind it is not.
Quickly dump that replay and give it another go 👍

Well put Steven.

Welcome to WRS Slump, if your not 100% sure yourself if clean / dirty as Steven has said run another sector. The main aim of WRS is to do the best you can with what you know to be a clean lap or sector.

Phillip.

Thanks everybody!

My english is not the best and I wasn't sure what rumble strips, concrete, cobbles, etc are, or what is meant with it. But now I know the rules and I'm sure that the lap is clean.

(Just the rules weren't clear, not the lap/sector)

That is clean by looking at this small image, tried to enlarge that photo but it's taking ages to load don't know why?:dunce:
Don't know why, link works fine....:confused: (Site is just 506.86kB large)

Last edited:
I am a bit confused by Steven's and Phillip's posts. The position of the car in that picture is very clearly well within the rules stipulated for the qualifier. The cobbles beyond the curbs are also considered track. The interesting bit is what happens ten meters further on when the cobbles end.

I am a bit confused by Steven's and Phillip's posts. The position of the car in that picture is very clearly well within the rules stipulated for the qualifier. The cobbles beyond the curbs are also considered track. The interesting bit is what happens ten meters further on when the cobbles end.

The car goes back on track. I shot the picture at the most critical moment.

Thanks everybody!

My english is not the best and I wasn't sure what rumble strips, concrete, cobbles, etc are, or what is meant with it. But now I know the rules and I'm sure that the lap is clean.

(Just the rules weren't clear, not the lap/sector)
Last week we ran a Nurburgring challenge, anything that wasn't grass was track (except the walls off course), so the concrete beside the rumble strip can be used.
But if you're not sure since that car is flying off somewhere, don't submit.

Last week we ran a Nurburgring challenge, anything that wasn't grass was track (except the walls off course), so the concrete beside the rumble strip can be used.
But if you're not sure since that car is flying off somewhere, don't submit.

No, I'm sure now (I just wasn't sure with the rules). The car flies back on track, it's like I said the most critical moment.
I checked it several times on every position, it's clean.

"The cobbles beyond the curbs are also considered track. The interesting bit is what happens ten meters further on when the cobbles end."

Thats why no comment by me about the picture, I'm not into this posting pictures to see if a lap or section is clean or not.

The rules say if your not 100% sure its clean run it again, not if in doubt post a picture, which seems to be the norm of late.

Nothing to do with you slump, dont mind you posting picture, but I'll still say the same thing, be 100% sure yourself it clean, then submit your sectors.

Phillip.

Hi

(click for full size)

Thanks in advance!

That's clean. 👍

Everyone else can have their debate about what the rules "should" be. ;)

Hi, apologies in advance if these are stupid noob questions or if they are answered elsewhere, I had a look but couldn't find anything.

It seems like a million years ago that I set up a GTP username and started levelling up so I could qualify. I'm just getting some decent (for me) times. Is it too late to qualify now, or is it all cool to go ahead?

Also, I'm assuming I am supposed to run sector 2 and sector 3 separately and save my best replay of each, they are not meant to be driven in one session, is that right? It seems obvious but I'd hate to put in the hours on this and stuff it up.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, apologies in advance if these are stupid noob questions or if they are answered elsewhere, I had a look but couldn't find anything.

It seems like a million years ago that I set up a GTP username and started levelling up so I could qualify. I'm just getting some decent (for me) times. Is it too late to qualify now, or is it all cool to go ahead?

Also, I'm assuming I am supposed to run sector 2 and sector 3 separately and save my best replay of each, they are not meant to be driven in one session, is that right? It seems obvious but I'd hate to put in the hours on this and stuff it up.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there. 👍

No problem, you might be late to the party, but we're still accepting applicants. ;)

Also, there's not way to run the sectors, other than separately. Just choose each sector from the menu in the "special Event" section, and submit your best times.

EDK
Hi there. 👍

No problem, you might be late to the party, but we're still accepting applicants. ;)

Also, there's not way to run the sectors, other than separately. Just choose each sector from the menu in the "special Event" section, and submit your best times.

Appreciate your help. Prepare to be dazzled! :dopey:

Not a problem at all, and I certainly am not referring to myself as someone who took your statement, (or myself) too seriously. There are some of the fastest of the fast who race here, and if you can run with them, more power to you!! 👍
You will get the chance to show your stuff, and I wish you the best as you "throw your hat in the ring"! :cheers:

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to WRS Robulus, good luck with the qualifier. 👍

Phillip

Back