WSCC - Corvette GT2 Le Mans Intercontinental Cup - Monday Evenings

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 452 comments
harmonium
Did NOT think of that aspect :D

Haha :P The only problem with this is the guys who are starting at the back of the grid (I'm 13th) will be miles behind the leader come the first split.

It was like this on GT5P online, where you had to hope you appeared near the start of the grid with the rolling starts, other wise you didn't stand a chance

Haha :P The only problem with this is the guys who are starting at the back of the grid (I'm 13th) will be miles behind the leader come the first split.

It was like this on GT5P online, where you had to hope you appeared near the start of the grid with the rolling starts, other wise you didn't stand a chance

Yeah, I see the problem :) Just didn't think of it when I posted :)

Pole car can accelerate once it is on the start finish-straight.

The time that loose the last drivers on the grid is not such a big problem: look at the time gaps at the races last week (Corvette, GT300-500). In most cases, the 3d car at the finish was more than 30 seconds behind the winner. With this system, normally the fastest racers find themselves at the back of the grid. That will create more suspense.

Oh yeah I forgot, is the grid flipped for the next race etc?

That will also help, if some of us don't have the pace, at least we can comfort ourselves with the thought that we will at least spend some time near the front :) and if someone is really quick, it will keep their excitement levels up :P

Oh yeah I forgot, is the grid flipped for the next race etc?

That will also help, if some of us don't have the pace, at least we can comfort ourselves with the thought that we will at least spend some time near the front :) and if someone is really quick, it will keep their excitement levels up :P

Look at post #1, page #1: there was a special rule for race 1, but starting from race 2, , grid will be based on the reverse
championship order, but you must have finished the previous race in order to be in front of the grid.

And indeed, starting with the slower guys in front and the faster at the end will give more excitement.

I see yes. It would be great going down to the last race, if there's like 3 title condensers all at the back, and they have to pick their way through the field :)

Start procedure has been edited in post #1

(+ precisions about pace and acceleration moment).

Here it is:

New start procedure – one row rolling start

1. Start button will be pushed when everybody has left the track and is in the pits (not in the lounge!)
2. When start button is pushed everybody waits until host takes place in corner 1.
3. From there, host calls participants 1 by 1 (start order will be posted on forum before the race).
4. Pole position driver waits at Intermediate 1. All other drivers line up on one row behind him.
5. The driver who has to take place behind the host leaves enough space for him.
6. When all others have taken place, host takes his place and gives signal for take off.
7. EDIT: Pole position leads in a regular pace and can accelerate once he is on start-finish straight.
8. Space to leave: (check at finish line) at least 1 second between cars. Will be checked on replay.
If you get too close, you get a 15 seconds time penalty after the race.
9. Overtaking allowed after the exit of turn 1.

I hope this is clear for everybody, since fuji has a very long strait nobody should overtake someone at the start :)

I hope this is clear for everybody, since fuji has a very long strait nobody should overtake someone at the start :)

This will be checked after the race in the replay.

30 seconds penalty for forbidden overtaking before end of turn 1.

I have a replay of a race-sim I just completed. I exported it to the PS3, then copied it to my USB, does anybody know how to get it from an unreadable file to a replay I can watch?

EDIT: Never mind, just discovered its impossible :P I'm sure that less fuel means faster times, as at he end of the race I was lapping 1 second faster than the equivalent lap at the beginning :) If anyone is interested I will post up how my pace was etc.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I've been a little bogged down lately. I'm just farming some credits now then I'll post my number and colour. And man, 16th on the grid, get it..:sly:

EDIT:

Sublime/Sublime green

Oh and what tuning have you guys got? I found once I RM'ed, it went to like 670bhp and had to rape the power limiter and add ballast to get to it to the rules.

Last edited:
I have a replay of a race-sim I just completed. I exported it to the PS3, then copied it to my USB, does anybody know how to get it from an unreadable file to a replay I can watch?

EDIT: Never mind, just discovered its impossible :P I'm sure that less fuel means faster times, as at he end of the race I was lapping 1 second faster than the equivalent lap at the beginning :) If anyone is interested I will post up how my pace was etc.

Less fuel can mean faster times, I discovered last time that less fuel also means less weight, and therefore less downforce and grip, which then equalled more spins. But then again, I'm not exactly the best driver around, as I just got my DFGT :)

harmonium
Less fuel can mean faster times, I discovered last time that less fuel also means less weight, and therefore less downforce and grip, which then equalled more spins. But then again, I'm not exactly the best driver around, as I just got my DFGT :)

Yeah I'm sure it felt a bit slitherier near the end I need to be very careful with my strategy ;) I'm still sort of getting used to my G27, got it on Tuesday :D

Did some practice earlier today, got down to 1:39.4xx laptimes but couldn't get an absolutely faultless one down lol, ran about 15 laps on one set of tyres and by the end they were shot, I'm talking straight-line swerve and all here lol. If anyone pulls a one stop for this race I will be impressed :P!

MindlessRiff
Did some practice earlier today, got down to 1:39.4xx laptimes but couldn't get an absolutely faultless one down lol, ran about 15 laps on one set of tyres and by the end they were shot, I'm talking straight-line swerve and all here lol. If anyone pulls a one stop for this race I will be impressed :P!

Puts on James bond villain face "muhahaha" it's what I'm aiming to do tbh :L

My best was a 1:39.6 and after 18 laps I did a 1:44.6...

Very interesting discussions above, here are some remarks

- less fuel means indeed faster laptimes, but what I felt also was that the balance of the car was different, mine became more understeering at the end, but that can depend on the set-up.

- completely agree with MindlessRiff, with the difference that my best laps were low 1:40's. In this race, it will be much more important to be consistant and to avoid incidents than to be really fast, like in real world endurances. Exciting!

- 1, 2 or 3 stops? What is important is the time you loose between lap 12 and lap 18, compared to laps with fresh tyres. I explain. A second pitstop is only interesting if you loose between lap 12 and 18 + 30 and 36 more seconds, than the pitstop takes. I have the feeling that a pitstop takes about 35 seconds here. Divided by 12, that means 3 seconds / lap. If you can do the first 12 laps in approximately 1:40-41 and you do about than 1:43-44 on the last six laps of a stint, a two stop strategy could be interesting, especially if you take in account the risk of time-consuming incidents on used tyres.

I chose this formula because of its high "simulation" degree, and apparently, it seems to go into that direction

@GTP_mechyboy27: don't forget to accept the FR in order to get entrance to my lounge for the race tomorrow.

The problem with the one stopper is that time wasted battling for position can really hurt, and also it was quicker for me to 1 stop on my own, but in the get of battle mistakes will be made :)

Starting I'm 13th I've got nothing to lose!

Indeed, a decision concerning 1, 2 or 3 stops can depend on the "traffic".

Remember Alonso in last F1 GP last year, or Button in Monaco this year.

I know yeah, got to keep looking where people are - 3 stoppers will always be quick, 2 stoppers will be quick quite alot, 1 stoppers quick when the 2's are slow, but slow the rest of the time. With a 1 stop I'll be under pressure at the end too :/

It will be great seeing how everything comes together at the end though!

Sorry guys, I've been a little bogged down lately. I'm just farming some credits now then I'll post my number and colour. And man, 16th on the grid, get it..:sly:

EDIT:

Sublime/Sublime green

Oh and what tuning have you guys got? I found once I RM'ed, it went to like 670bhp and had to rape the power limiter and add ballast to get to it to the rules.

Just re-quoting as I notice it hasn't been added to the OP.

Sorry, I missed that one. Done now.

Indeed, you have to limit it and put ballast, just as they have to do in real world Le Mans GT races.

I think the rules allow you to put what ever you want on the car, so long as it meets the criteria.

Confirmed. The only things you can really control are power, weight & tyres. So, for the rest everything is admitted.

I'm not if favor of restrictions you can't control, it's like inciting people to cheat...

I don't speak about PP: you cannot set a PP limit if you set a power-weight limit.

Back