GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 22 : AsaparaWhat?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 344 comments
G'day chaps! :) Hope I find you all well.

My apologies for the lack of submissions from me for the last couple of weeks but my goodly missus has had an operation on her hand so I'm having to pick up the slack as it were... which hasn't left alot of time for WRS to tidy up my laps. :sly:

Had a couple of hours free tonight to give this one a go though, so I ran the car in and came up with a setup I'm fairly happy with, which yielded these splits:

Looking for another 0.1 in each sector hopefully. Made a hash of the last turn and lost speed down the straight so probably another 0.5 to find on the whole lap...

Setup if anyone wants to try it:

Aero:
35/55

Transmission:
Max - 174 mph
1st 3559
2nd 2442
3rd 1836
4th 1416
5th 1145
6th 0957

LSD:
9/13/7

Suspension:
7/-10
14.4/12.4
7/6
7/6
6/6

2.5/1.2
0.00/0.00

Brakes:
5/6 ABS 1

You're on fire this week Phillip - great splits mate. 👍 In fact, all you guys at the top of D2 and 3 are looking pretty handy. 👍

My apologies for the lack of submissions from me for the last couple of weeks but my goodly missus has had an operation on her hand so I'm having to pick up the slack as it were... which hasn't left alot of time for WRS to tidy up my laps. :sly:

Had a couple of hours free tonight to give this one a go though, so I ran the car in and came up with a setup I'm fairly happy with, which yielded these splits:

Looking for another 0.1 in each sector hopefully. Made a hash of the last turn and lost speed down the straight so probably another 0.5 to find on the whole lap...

Aero:
35/55

Transmission:
Max - 174 mph
1st 3559
2nd 2442
3rd 1836
4th 1416
5th 1145
6th 0957

LSD:
9/13/7

Suspension:
7/-10
14.4/12.4
7/6
7/6
6/6

2.5/1.2
0.00/0.00

Brakes:
5/6 ABS 1

You're on fire this week Phillip - great splits mate. 👍 In fact, all you guys at the top of D2 and 3 are looking pretty handy. 👍

Good to see you back, Chris, and hope the "honey do" list wasn't too long. :sly:

Fantastic splits.

Thanks for adding your setup to the boards. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, João - WRS withdrawal... it can get ugly :P

Domestic chores not too bad... cooking, cleaning etc.... laundry... :scared: Only for 4 more weeks. :)

Good luck with the setup... remember, thrash it mercilessly. 👍

After finally cleaning my pedals to sort out my long suffering flickering brake problem, I was inspired to do my first GT5 WRS!

T1: 20.720
T2: 30.799

Done using a mix of Carlos' and Kevin's tunes, but not really happy with the setup yet. I'm looking for .3 off my overall time.

Fantastic T2 Twissy 👍

Aero:
35/55

Transmission:
Max - 174 mph
1st 3559
2nd 2442
3rd 1836
4th 1416
5th 1145
6th 0957

LSD:
9/13/7

Suspension:
7/-10
14.4/12.4
7/6
7/6
6/6

2.5/1.2
0.00/0.00

Brakes:
5/6 ABS 1

Thank God! :D
Thanks Dan, João - WRS withdrawal... it can get ugly :P

Domestic chores not too bad... cooking, cleaning etc.... laundry... :scared: Only for 4 more weeks. :)

Good luck with the setup... remember, thrash it mercilessly. 👍
That's the plan, yup, I'm putting stock in you having another magic setup. ;)

Why is it whenever I'm on a good lap I make a stupid mistake :ouch: Did a .696 in T1 and got through 100R and the hairpin OK as well and then 🤬

Welcome back Chris 👍

barely improved on first two splits, but have taken off about half a second on t3 with Vaga's set....

will have a Logitech G27 next week sometime.......woot!!!!!

getting in my groove now. :dopey:

Last edited:
Tried Chris' tune, but before I gained, changed gears, then gained, which left me temporarily lost, until I decided to make a my tune/Chris tune hybrid. ;)

I started by splitting most numbers in the middle of the suspension settings we had different, then I added some lsd, mainly rear and initial to help with snap-oversteer on braking in a few spots, and it all wound up working very nicely, every change I made was an attempt at more oversteer besides the brakes and lsd.

MyTuneHybrid
35 / 45

Gears, default, top speed slider to 149mph, (6th from lowest) then adjust gears and final drive.
Final: 3688

15/10/15
10 / -10
16.8 / 12.4
8 / 7
6 / 5
6 / 5

2.5 / 1.0
0.00 / 0.00

BB: 6/5
ABS: 2

Had a crack using Kev's setup which was not bad. Then tried Yanaran's/Jeromes and instant improvement (still using Kev's transmission). A few adjustments gives:

Aero 35/60
LSD 5/15/5

+5/+5
17.0/18.0
3/7
3/5
2/4
2.2/1.4
-0.10/0.15

BB 4/7

More to come since T3 is a disgrace at the moment.

Sweet. Only needed 20 mins to smash my time!

Csls setup but with 6500 final drive cos i bounce the limiter!

Frustrating to hit a monster T3 on this lap... Hit a few low 6xx splits at T2 and this one was slightly lacking compared to those.

edit:

Unfortunately I dropped a little against my best T3 but this was still my best lap but only by a few thousandths

I may not repeat this T1+T2 tho so this might be it for me.

Last edited:
I had another quick run still using Carlos's v1.1 tune.
Good improvements for T1&T2 but threw it away in T3. :ouch:

I'll probably have one more run tomorrow before submitting, trying Chris's tune as well.

Cheers Shaun.

Outstanding splits Matt - awesome job 👍 Got nothing for you, but then, neither have many others!!!

MOOO!

Insane splits Matt 👍

Can´t wake up without you guys put me down (really down) on the leaderboard :crazy:

CSLACR, I was intrigued by your gearing since it looked so different from mine (which is basically just a long 2nd and a short 6th with everything else spaced evenly in between). Your 2nd and 3rd where so much shorter that it really seemed to launch you out of the tight corners. I only tried with automatic because I didn't want to hit the limiter in 2nd and 3rd by mistake but I consistently got about half a car length on my ghost out of every slow corner (1st, hairpin, last). I estimate your gearing is worth at least 2 tenths over a whole lap due to that alone. 👍

4th-6th on the other hand don't seem to matter nearly as much in the high speed sections, both setups handled them pretty much the same. The only change I did was alter final drive so top speed got to 284 (I hit the limiter at the end of the straight if I got a really good launch out of the final corner).

New splits with CSL's gearing, Vagabonds suspension settings and 20/20/10 LSD:

T1: 20.626
T2: 30.906

PB in T3 aswell so I doubt I'll be able to make any serious dent in this laptime... I'm submitting this for now. :)

Cheers guys. Dont be fooled though, its all about T3s and mine is only 'ok'!

👍

Might run some more tonight if I get chance. For anyone interested I ran csls setup with 6500 final drive and 15/30/15 LSD

Oh and Chris, you want a 20.589 - I hit that about 4 laps before my best but blew the lap pretty bad ;)

Last edited:
New Splits.

T1: 20.685
T2: 31.226

Using a combination of Carlos (gears and lsd) and Chris's (aero and suspension) tune.
Have seen a .2 combined improvement for sectors 1&2 a couple of times only to stuff the last sector. :banghead:
Probably have the time for one more run tomorrow after work.
I must say I am enjoying being back in the WRS after a long layoff.

Cheers Shaun.

I agree with Millross, its all about T3... at the beginning of the week I was concentrating too much on the leaderboard... trying to get T1 and T2 as low as I could and taking it way to easy through T3.. for some reason it finally clicked that you have to go 100% all the way around the track. yeah, its nice to be up top of the leaderboard, but in order to get gold...... you better have a good T3.... I'm about .5 below what I thought I could get overall and I doubt I spend anymore time on it. it all depends on what is posted for next week. :-)

Yeah T3 is the most technical section of the track and can cost huge amounts of time in just about every exit. Late apex for all corners to maximise exit speed is the key...

Tweaked my setup a bit:

Aero:
35/55

Transmission:
Max - 174 mph
1st 3112
2nd 2392
3rd 1836
4th 1416
5th 1145
6th 0957

LSD:
10/25/7

Suspension:
9/-10
15.1/12.4
7/6
7/6
6/6

2.5/1.0
0.00/0.00

Brakes:
7/5 ABS 7

...and making progress...

(seen a couple of faster T1s but not into the 20.5s yet Matt :scared:)

Better final sector as well but still looking for about 0.25 on the lap I think.

Really looking forward to the replays to see how you get those T2s, I haven't been under .900 once! :) I'm guessing it's how you tie 100R and the hairpin together, I'm a bit off apex on both of those in my fastest lap.

Sweet. Only needed 20 mins to smash my time!

Csls setup but with 6500 final drive cos i bounce the limiter!

Frustrating to hit a monster T3 on this lap... Hit a few low 6xx splits at T2 and this one was slightly lacking compared to those.

edit:

Unfortunately I dropped a little against my best T3 but this was still my best lap but only by a few thousandths

I may not repeat this T1+T2 tho so this might be it for me.

CSLACR, I was intrigued by your gearing since it looked so different from mine (which is basically just a long 2nd and a short 6th with everything else spaced evenly in between). Your 2nd and 3rd where so much shorter that it really seemed to launch you out of the tight corners. I only tried with automatic because I didn't want to hit the limiter in 2nd and 3rd by mistake but I consistently got about half a car length on my ghost out of every slow corner (1st, hairpin, last). I estimate your gearing is worth at least 2 tenths over a whole lap due to that alone. 👍

4th-6th on the other hand don't seem to matter nearly as much in the high speed sections, both setups handled them pretty much the same. The only change I did was alter final drive so top speed got to 284 (I hit the limiter at the end of the straight if I got a really good launch out of the final corner).

New splits with CSL's gearing, Vagabonds suspension settings and 20/20/10 LSD:

T1: 20.626
T2: 30.906

PB in T3 aswell so I doubt I'll be able to make any serious dent in this laptime... I'm submitting this for now. :)
Nice to see it helped guys.
BTW Millross - :eek: Very nice.

FYI, I don't think you changed the final drive to 6500, maybe 3600?

Just to let you guys know though, I am also hitting the limiter, right before braking, I've just found the gain down the straight more than makes up for the couple feet lost by clipping the limiter a few yards before braking, though I could be wrong. I do think it's a mental blockade though. ;)

Chris
Very nicely done sir. I see bits of time here and there, but we'll see how it comes to me, I know my current best lap lost .2-.4 in T3, so I have work to do yet.

Trying not to concentrate on the leaderboard, but I'm at a loss as to why I'm off the (relative) pace here. I'v never been below 51.8 at any time and I've only been below 20.8 a handful of times. My set-up isn't all the issue as there are people well ahead of my with effectively the same car :(

Might try Dominic's gearing to see if I'm just losing out in car speed. I know I have an issue in the hairpin and the second part of 100R in terms of my driving. I've been well ahead of my ghost nearly 50 times now I reckon, and I still lose it through those two corners. My current T3 is pretty good I think so I'm hoping that will pull me back into contention, but I very much doubt if it's the .25 I need to have any chance of a podium.

I've got no clue how you guys are getting below 51.5 :confused:

I don't want to move onto the HSR until I've got this sorted

Trying not to concentrate on the leaderboard, but I'm at a loss as to why I'm off the (relative) pace here. I'v never been below 51.8 at any time and I've only been below 20.8 a handful of times. My set-up isn't all the issue as there are people well ahead of my with effectively the same car :(

Might try Dominic's gearing to see if I'm just losing out in car speed. I know I have an issue in the hairpin and the second part of 100R in terms of my driving. I've been well ahead of my ghost nearly 50 times now I reckon, and I still lose it through those two corners. My current T3 is pretty good I think so I'm hoping that will pull me back into contention, but I very much doubt if it's the .25 I need to have any chance of a podium.

I've got no clue how you guys are getting below 51.5 :confused:

I don't want to move onto the HSR until I've got this sorted
My gearing doesn't help my T1 or T2, it gains in T3 significantly though. ;)
The main benefit is the quicker second and third, for pulling off the really tight kink after T2, and the uphill right and left "can" be done fastest in third with my gears, which is faster if you get them just right.

Back