GT4 European Cup Season 2 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 521 comments
That was a time trial run, I won't run that hard during the race. Tire management. 👍

I wont be running as hard in the race either. Im gonna try to get into 2.10s at least. If I do so, then I may stay. LOL :sly:

I wont be running as hard in the race either. Im gonna try to get into 2.10s at least. If I do so, then I may stay. LOL :sly:

Remember the better I run, the more weight that is added to my car. It really slows you down. Don't judge your participation on my time trial runs. ;)

I got a 2:13.0xx in the Corvette in the same room where Turbo had his 2:09.

There's more left in the tank, though. I was tired last night.

Race Information - Pre-Season Race 1: SUZUKA

Laps will be set to 19.​
  • 30 minute practice (containing 1 practice race) followed by 15 minute qualifying, starting at 17:00 BST (GMT+1). Read the Qualifying section of the OP for further information.
  • You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track, the green concrete is not. If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):

• Remember if you run wide on a hot lap during Qualifying, you must abandon the lap and make sure it does not end up being your fastest lap.

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 50 mph/80 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only cause damage.
We will perform a rolling start in the positions the game places us on the grid!

Pits: The Pits will open on lap number 9 (as in the top left corner of your screen) and close on lap 13 (as in the top left corner of your screen). Therefore you may pit on laps 9, 10, 11, 12. Failing to do so will result in a 5 second penalty.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Room will be opened just before 16:30 BST, please add my PSN to find the room easier.

-----

Reserves will make room for drivers on the main list. If there is a spot left in the lobby then it is a free for all between the Reserves. :D

Last edited:
Sorry guys, only just got in from work, had a major issue, wont bore you with the details tho lol. Hope the race goes well

That's sucks! Don't know what happened, but my screen when black as soon as the race start countdown ended, and GT5 never recovered, so I quit the game. Not sure about the etiquette of reentering the room to watch ... ? I hope it goes well. Looking forward to the next practice.

--Gus (GTP_Theoretician)

Sorry guys, only just got in from work, had a major issue, wont bore you with the details tho lol. Hope the race goes well

No problem Pag. Need your car colours when you have time. :P

That's sucks! Don't know what happened, but my screen when black as soon as the race start countdown ended, and GT5 never recovered, so I quit the game. Not sure about the etiquette of reentering the room to watch ... ? I hope it goes well. Looking forward to the next practice.

--Gus (GTP_Theoretician)

All was good until the countdown reached zero. My screen was black for about a minute. I saw you and Kamy leave the room at the same time and suddenly the grid loaded. Strange. Jay seemed to DC earlier on in the race aswell. That's the first ever black screen we've had in the GT4 Cup though so it's not a bad record considering how bad GT5 is. :D

Seemed to be a good race though. Turbo went to take me down the inside of 130R on one lap, he overshot it, spun and was practically sliding at a 90 degree angle. Because I tried to undercut him, I tapped his side which made him come round again. At least that's the way I remember it. :P The next time he overshot it, I followed him like a sheep, however I couldn't catch the slide. Did the exact same thing on my own accord straight after I pitted too. :lol: Not the best driving from me.

Thanks to everyone who took part. 👍👍👍

Please PM me about any race incidents.

I'll post the results up tomorrow (obviously there's no points or ballast).

-----

I won't be here all next weekend, so I'm rearranging the GP/D race to the 22nd, 23rd or 24th of August. I'll PM everyone asking for time/day preferences. The season will start on the 27th of August at Rome.

Last edited:
Really wanted to make it today. Suzuka's a lot better than all of those tiny street tracks :(

I just want to say sorry to Kamykaze for hindering him at the qualification. I completely misjudged it.:guilty:

Enjoyed todays pre-season race. Suzuki isn't one of my better tracks, but I do like it.

The heavier Evora has a bit more oversteer than I was expecting, so I'll be looking into this before the next pre-season. Looked like Twissy was experiencing a similar problem.

Anything in particular I should look at adjusting?

Enjoyed todays pre-season race. Suzuki isn't one of my better tracks, but I do like it.

The heavier Evora has a bit more oversteer than I was expecting, so I'll be looking into this before the next pre-season. Looked like Twissy was experiencing a similar problem.

Anything in particular I should look at adjusting?
Lower the front ride height 2-5 mm and/or reduce rear toe to 0.00.

Pre-Season Race 1: Suzuka - RACE RESULTS

R1600Turbo (2:10.796) --.---
GTP_Aderrrm (2:10.474) +09.125
Dantastic-_- (2:10.622) +23.033
NEPALII (2:11.349) +27.154
BiffyClyro93 (2:11.854) +30.709
Moleman (2:11.022) +48.938
si_berian_tiger (2:11.607) +1:04.372
jamesybograt (2:13.885) +1:30.406
GTP_Twissy (2:09.857) +1:47.825
Jay_1086 DC
KamyKaze1098 DNS
GTP_Theoretician DNS

Pole position now scores 1 point too.

What a surprise!

I'll be there next week for sure, yesterday wasn't a good morning xD.

Hey Adam,

Sorry I had major broadband issues and got DC'd as you saw. I hope I didnt hinder anyone else.

Got a new router coming tommorow so hopefully I can finally get sorted.

Series looks great and nice and competitive already.

What a surprise!

I'll be there next week for sure, yesterday wasn't a good morning xD.

👍

Hey Adam,

Sorry I had major broadband issues and got DC'd as you saw. I hope I didnt hinder anyone else.

Got a new router coming tommorow so hopefully I can finally get sorted.

Series looks great and nice and competitive already.

Hey Jay. No problem. Twissy was right behind you but you just vanished into thin air so there were no problems. :P

👍 Hopefully see you at the next race. :)

Not getting anywhere with the 350z, can usually set a car up quite well but I can't dial out the understeer on corner entry and the oversteer on corner exit, it's not a fun car to drive atm and very difficult to be consistent with - anyone with any 350z-specific tips? :scared:

Or, is it possible to switch car still? :sly:

^^ I'm going to send out a PM to everyone tomorrow asking a few questions and things. :D

Back