Cone Killer Racing(CKR) 10/20/11 2 New tunes in the OP

Indy - I tested the Brera offline but I want to try it online. So im gonna borrow yours get the specs and hit the dealers.

I think I should invest my matte black paint chip on it, its an Alfa :D

btw you get matte black from Toyota concept thingy, you probably know this.

BB most of my testing was online, the only thing I think I may need to do is the split diff ratio(front wheels wear out quicker(S3)) and spring rate I'm not real happy with. The LSD was a stab in the dark that seems to work I like the torqy feel when you pound the gas(my first go at a AWD LSD).
Thanks for getting on this, The "coping machine"(Mclaren MP4) god I love top gear and Clarkson) has got my notebook(paper and pencil) full with thing that work and don't, I think it's going to be on R2 tires, it eats up S3 way to quick as you saw at Grand Valley East:sly:

Indy

Ill be interested to know what you do with the MP4 (I hate that name) its one of those cars I deem 'untuneable' ive never tried one I like including my own. I think we should name it Bruce after Bruce McLaren :D

4WD LSD - Just go with what feels good works for me :D

Gonna build that Brera now psn me, if its front aero a or b.

Z3ro, was just checking out/surfing some race sites and this little gem popped up

jensen-1991111844241111600x106_195676.jpg

YES SIR A NEW INTERCEPTOR!!!!!!!! article at racer.com

Indy

PS HOPE they keep it as close as the original and put a Hemi in it

Last edited:
Man thats badass ! anyone see the Jag E-Type on Topgear not too long ago? it was a new car underneath , it was downright awesome.
Cost a quarter mill though.

Indy - ive fitted bigberrys custom springs and dampers on the Brera . For the settings its easier if I send you the car. I want it back though :D

It reminds me a lot of the Lancia Delta Integrale, infact side by side would be very similiar.

Sorry guys been in bed all day not a real good day for me, will try and get on the PS3 in the AM Weds and get the "BVR Shadow" one last go before the Alfa gets posted.

Indy

Hope your feeling better Indy .

The Brera I made has a bigger turbo , looking at the power graph it seemed 5-6k rpm was where the power was at . So ive dropped the ECU and cat converter as I was 20pp over other than that its about identical.

You can ignore my settings completely, if you think yours are better. Just offering my 2c.

This sucks, can't get online to see what BB did to his Alfa, and compare it to mine. That said have been getting timing out issues with PSN, when trying to sign in.

BB I tried an earlier version of the BVR with the bigger turbo but didn't like it, so went mid- range turbo and it handled better to my liking. I think I'll raise the ride height a couple clicks up and a little softer front spring rate. Was going through some notes and my LSD setting are damn near what z3ro has on his short track killer. So I'll have to give z3ro credit for LSD settings.

Hope PS gets it's act together need to test her online at Monaco and TGTT and get a couple pictures, for the Tune Post

Indy

@Indy sorry to hear I'm not the only one having connection issues with PSN this morning. They give us a new system update yesterday and today we can't access psn.:crazy:

Would have more understanding for Sony if they hadn't already proved that their security sucks so being unable to set up a stable and readily accessible network for everyone regardless of connection method is ridiculous.:grumpy:

Has anybody out there tried the tunes ?

Some feedback or a review would be appreciated , not many people posting here so its hard to tell.

From twitter posted 50 minutes ago

PlayStation Blog EU
Current indications are that we'll be restoring PlayStation Network services in approx. two hours. We appreciate your patience.

Raising suspension on Brera, and changing camber and toe a little has helped BB. with your car I did a 1.39.370 and in mine with above mentioned I did a 1.38.270 at trial mountain reverse, headed to Monaco and Laguna later tonight to test online(need to find my 22b to test it against, (I have to re-thumb over 700 cars.)

I think your specs faster, maybe if I changed the tranny I dunno.

Drop me a message on psn , I need to run a few laps and its kinda boring solo .

Have done some offline runs in the Alfa and zero's 22b and they're close, going online after lunch and an appointment and check them out there. then I'll post it.
will have My Mercedes Evo II on share here in a couple for some feed back, her arse will step out and feed back on spring rate is much welcomed.

Charles

PS are we gonna hold back on "group" car and release them as a 'Pack?"

Last edited:
PS are we gonna hold back on "group" car and release them as a 'Pack?"

Correct. Need to come up with a name too.

Here is a new tune for the new seasonal:
1974 Jensen Interceptor SS (MkII) 601 HP/669 ft-lbs.

parts: buy all upgrades and install.
EXCEPT FOR: chassis reinforcement, super charger

engine limiter: 96.8%

LSD:
int. 13
accel. 6
decel. 5

brakes:
front 7
rear 4

transmission:
reset to default
set TS slider to: 217 mph

ride height:
front -10
rear -20

springs:
front 6.3
rear 7.6

suspension:
EXT: f 5 r 3
COMP: f 3 r 1

ARB:
front 5
rear 1

camber:
front 2.2
rear 1.1

toe:
front 0.00
rear: 0.10

Tuner notes:
Tuned on SS tires, if you have trouble driving it you can use RH tires. Difficult to drive: YES. But boy is it fun!! 190 MPH down the straight at Nurburgring, hehe.

Quick review of BB's civic type-r

Big Berry's civic type r '01 racing round deep forest. 450pp

Pre tune - 1:29.871

Berry's tune - 1:29.352

As you expect from an FF lots of understeer. Not my favourite type of car but this went well. Bigberry's tune took half a second off the untuned lap time which is pretty good on a small track.

Hard to compare as I haven't tested many FF cars or 450pp cars.

I'll keep this tune in my garage for a later date when I'm sure it will come in handy.

Round Tsukuba this car managed a 1:05.687

Which I was pretty impressed with. A nice little car BB.

@ Zero- You'll have to take my supercharger from my cold dead hands. :D

Thanks for the review Cactus , FF driving is an acquired taste to some. Good to mix it up.

bigberry
Thanks for the review Cactus , FF driving is an acquired taste to some. Good to mix it up.

Sure is an acquired taste mate. I had the EU version in my garage as well so tried out my own settings but couldn't get to with in .400 of a second of your time.
But my tuning is a little random to say at best.

Put the Brera back on share after a couple tweeks, feed back before I post it.

also pulled out my old madkatz controller trying to get adjusted to it and I shaved .8xx off my eiger time with it in the Alfa(1.09.4xx) mainly because F1 2011)) but the trigger lag is getting me pissed:(

also have a surprise Tune in the works:sly:

Indy

Ill check it out Indy, ive got the 8C ready to go I think so thatll be on share also.

F1 2011 looks really good , PES soccer 12 is out soon aswell I need to save money for those .

Latest Posts

Back