Cone Killer Racing(CKR) 10/20/11 2 New tunes in the OP

Got bored base tuning my Holden, and decided I needed the 5million from the Vettle Seasonal, well I got it and am now the forth fastest of my friends(36,xxx overall), so if you need some cash take this on it's relatively easy money FWIW

Indy

When i'm done with Darksiders(at the end finally) i'll try this out.

At the moment i'm taking a lunch break from gaming.:)

Hey guys, just to let you know I sent Zero my quick review of his Mini tune to see if there are any details he would like me to add. I'm waiting to hear back from him before I post it...and I'm starting to show grey hairs, so I'm not too sure about being called 'kid' any more ;-).

take kid as being new around here, I'm 43 for a couple more weeks so everyone is kid to me :lol: send me a FR on psn Indy_Racerfan, have BOBs breaking cars in right now and I'm gonna go to bed and get some sleep,I'll except later....

Is it just me or am I loony, but does the grip lvl seem better since 2.0, cars hold line better. just FWIW moment from this old dog.....

Indt

Ferrari California '08
99qhql.jpg

IGnxP.png

This build was requested by Jahgee. The car has been tested both online and offline and is equally good on both tested with the spec 2 update. With almost the same engine as the Scuderia its a treat to drive with that sweet engine note the car is finished in Rosso Scuderia red.The car is listed at 600bhp this should say 640bhp my apologies.

Last edited:
Hey guys just a heads up.

I'll be releasing that Skyline pretty soon.I still haven't tried out the Spec 2.0 update because of work,but i did download it last night :sly:

It will probably be tomorrow after work when i post the tune.Right now i'm going to be running as many of my tuned cars as i can to see the difference in the physics.

sweet Star!!!!! i as well might have a tune ready 4 release will notify you when its up on share via psn for some feed back...I'm on overload right now 2.0, Ace Combat and F1 and trying to figure out if I want an xbox for FM4.....

Indy

"The Wild Colonial Boy"

Holden.jpg

2004 Holden Monaro CV8
520HP
1474kg
550PP

From The UCD

GT Auto
Engine Overhaul
Chassis Maintenance
Type C Wing

To Purchase from Tune Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Reduction
Engine Upgrade Stage 1
ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter:Sport
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Super Charger
F/C Transmission
Clutch:Twin Plate
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
F/C Suspension
S3
R2

The Tune:

Ballast: 125kg/50 (50/50)
Downforce: 0F/15R
Limiter: 93.3%
LSD: 15/53/11
Breaks: 4F/6R(or to your liking)

Transmission:
Adjust Top Speed to 193
Then Adjust Final Gear to 3.430

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10F/-10R
Spring Rate: 7.1F/8.3R
Damper EXT: 5F/6R
Damper Comp: 4F/4R
Roll Bars: 3F/3R
Camber:1.0F/1.2R
Toe:-0.05F/0.07R

Tuner Notes:
Tuned online and is a wild child, be gentle on the gas and let it roll thru the corners and she'll let you jump on the gas and go, if you get on it to soon her arse will step out and you'll go for a ride from this wild child..original test on R2's made it an easy switch to S3. While her arse will come around a little easier on S3's she is a fun run..did a 7.34.842 at the 'Ring.. DS3 ABS 1 all other off,sensitivity 6......
Her counter part is under construction now and should be released in the coming days.As always feed back is welcome good or bad

Indy

Last edited:
Mini Cooper S ’05 Review: Tested online with Sport Softs. All aids off except ABS1
Tested on Cote d’Azur, Trial Mountain, and The Nurburgring.

I’ve been a fan of the Mini Cooper since the first time I saw The Italian Job (the original version with Michael Caine). Much like the film remake, the later model Mini Coopers were something of a disappointment. It has none of that special X factor that made it stand out from all of the other urban shopping carts. I had been looking for a tune for this car for a while, but hadn’t found anything that really grabbed me. I came across CKR’s tune, and thought I would give it a crack.

Being a Mini I really wanted to test the cars handling, so the logical choice was a track like Cote d’Azur. I wasn’t disappointed; this thing turns on a dime! It has very responsive steering, great turn in and exit speed on tight bends and some decent acceleration too. I would have to agree with Desperado, and say that the only issue I can see is the breaks, coming into the chicane after the tunnel and….ARGH! *Ahem*. So, where was I? After upping the breaks by a notch at front and rear I felt much more assured that the car wasn’t going to kill me.

On the Nurburgring is where the Mini’s character really starts to shine through. It loves uneven track surfaces, stays planted to the road while the suspension does its work, and the car will eat wide, sweeping turns for breakfast as well as the tighter bends.

The thing I really like about this tune is that it really brings out the best characteristics of the Mini. The handling is excellent, and the car feels fast. It put a huge smile on my face, and I’ve found myself getting in and taking it for a spin on the Seasonal event just for fun.

Well done CKR!

Last edited:
Thanks Mate, nice review. I know zero will like reading this. This to was one of my first tunes I added to my Mini, many moons ago....

Indy

Star Tune added pg24

@ BB, Nice Cali tune mate!!! changed my suspension setting to yours and now she turns alot better Thanks...

Indy

Now if I can get that damn tune sheet request downloaded, I'll use it for my next tune.

Thanks Mate, nice review. I know zero will like reading this. This to was one of my first tunes I added to my Mini, many moons ago....

Indy

Star Tune added pg24

Just added the new tune man. 👍

I haven't been on as of late because of a bad back.I've got 2 discs in my lower back that are bulging out causing 2 nerves in my upper thighs to pinch.They got me doing these lower back stretches that will ease my pain eventually.I'm hoping soon.

I should be online here in about 20 minutes.*edit* nevermind about me being online i only seen bigberry on and he was playing COD so im just going to play some Gears of War 3 on my 360 until I go over to dad's house.

Last edited:
Ferrari California Review (Thanks for doing this, I was looking for a use for this after winning it)

This thing hates corners, I have to brake hard to go around any turn. It is fast, but handles like a mini Tank Car. I enjoy it at tracks like Daytona, Indy, Monza, La Sarthe. Other tracks it hates. It is fun, just not my type of car.

Am I allowed to request another one or not? If not, that is OK.

You were right it does understeer, I drove it so long I adjusted to it. My bad. Here are my adjusted settings . Ill have another test tomorrow and try and get it even better. Its getting late here.

Brakes 4 Front / 3 Rear

LSD - Initial 10/ Accel 30/ Decel 8

Suspension-
Front Rear
rideheight -5 -15
springs 7.6 11
extension 3 6
compression 3 6
antiroll bar 3 5

camber 0.00 1.20
toe -0.30 -0.10

Last edited:
Hey bigberry,

Does that offer of a tune still hold? :D
I was thinking of asking you to repair my yellowbird that broke in the spec II update :P, but I've got a couple nicer (-ish!) cars lined up if you're willing to take one on?

edit: just realised it was you I nabbed my Alfa tune off - was pretty good :)

Hey bigberry,

Does that offer of a tune still hold? :D
I was thinking of asking you to repair my yellowbird that broke in the spec II update :P, but I've got a couple nicer (-ish!) cars lined up if you're willing to take one on?

edit: just realised it was you I nabbed my Alfa tune off - was pretty good :)

Offer still stands mate. A Yellowbird ok then :D

Specwise what are we looking at ? PP level , tyres and are you mainly online or offline ?

Also you may like this video I posted recently :D

Hi im watching a video of a Yellowbird on the 'ring, im only 2 minutes in but I had to share its dynamite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Thomd4BQg

I think he screwed up at 6:52 he was going too fast, obvious edit there.

Offer still stands mate. A Yellowbird ok then :D

Specwise what are we looking at ? PP level , tyres and are you mainly online or offline ?

Also you may like this video I posted recently :D

If you're up for it, I'd be very interested in how you would set it up :) Would primarily be for the 'ring.

I like to run it at 570pp+ , but you can tune for 550 if you'd rather to comply with the TOS in the main post - I race with 550 every now and again anyway. If you could tune for Racing soft, for online purposes, would be great. I'm sure I'll adapt for sports soft at some point anyway!

I had myself a great tune before the update, but is back to square 1 unfortunately as it handles worse than stock now, lots of snapping :(

And yeah, I've probably seen most of these nurb hot lap vids. Stefan Roser's a nutter - assume you've seen the drift video too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZO-xURLqc

Here are the new settings for the California these are the best i can get them.Ot should say 640 bhp rather than 600bhp my mistake.

IGnxP.png

Like Indy says if you post another review you get another request.

Nice work clibby and BB on getting the temple layout spot on..now another old dog question, how would I add this to my tune post as this need to be a CKR original. and clibby I'd like to give you a free tune as well. awesome job mate!!!!! and please send an FR on psn to Indy_Racerfan, anything you want PP tires.....

Indy

Latest Posts

Back