Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Top job Master Krenkme, good luck everyone.

I feel like my submission has been a bit tardy this time, so sorry to all my fans, hopefully I'll wipe the floor with everyone again (tongue firmly wedged in cheek)...

{Cy}

Top job Master Krenkme, good luck everyone.

I feel like my submission has been a bit tardy this time, so sorry to all my fans, hopefully I'll wipe the floor with everyone again (tongue firmly wedged in cheek)...

{Cy}

What do you mean 'again', you never had the first chance to begin with! :lol:

What do you mean 'again', you never had the first chance to begin with! :lol:

My lard-arse motor will slap your lard-arse motor sideways, son, just you watch...
boxing.gif

{Cy}

:lol: I'm sure it will, the Kitty missed out on the vital final tweak as my driving style changed midway through the post day. :(

Me too. I spent ages driving my car, thinking I had done an amazing job of the gearbox, only to realise that I'd switched between tuning sheets and it had reverted to default. Fortunately, the default settings suit the track quite well. I had grand plans to redo it, but never qutie got round to it.

It's going to be an interesting contest between the non-Camero muscle cars...

{Cy}

Me too. I spent ages driving my car, thinking I had done an amazing job of the gearbox, only to realise that I'd switched between tuning sheets and it had reverted to default. Fortunately, the default settings suit the track quite well. I had grand plans to redo it, but never qutie got round to it.

It's going to be an interesting contest between the non-Camero muscle cars...

{Cy}

Well, the tranny is an easy-ish task, compared to getting a car that drives beautifully at first, then when it comes to the final sign off, it suddenly doesn't drive remotely was well as the first time. :grumpy:

Yea…Chevelle vs Cougar vs Corvette vs Mustang vs…whatever US thing there is. :lol:

i was planning on using the Jag E-type at first , but when i had to withdraw i was secretly hoping someone else would give the jag a try

i was planning on using the Jag E-type at first , but when i had to withdraw i was secretly hoping someone else would give the jag a try

I had one, but it's a proper nightmare. Or I'm just not good enough. :lol:

I had one, but it's a proper nightmare. Or I'm just not good enough. :lol:

well.....

no you are right the jag is more then a handfull ....
but i have been trying to get one set up for 500pp online racing because it is such a beuatifull car ....

Gulp, I do hope im not too late, as I almost forgot about this (yes I never posted here earlier, but i thought i would get me entry done sooner than i thought) :nervous:
The car ive tuned for this competition is a Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311), you cant go wrong with a classy convertible classic in a classy, classic monaco now :sly:
It may not be that fast (1:47.942) but i feel it suits Monaco greatly, which is why I chose it over a performance car, speed isnt everything when you can have just as much fun topping out at 110mph :)

Tune
Phantasmagoria Performance "Fairlady Fantasia"

2mzlhxj.jpg

Off-topic Edit: Oh wow what a post it had to be as my 250th :lol:

Edit #2: Tune Link name edit, accidentally labelled it as a Silvia when its a Fairlady, done it a few times when trying to get the car up and this one snuck in, fixed now though :lol:

Last edited:
ok ok i just can't help myself here :mischievous:, don't take any offence but i just can't resist:sly: ...

i think you are to late to be honuest :nervous: , then again you are from wales:odd: ....
seeing they are at least 50 years behind , you might actually be on time :dopey: ...

ok ok i just can't help myself here :mischievous:, don't take any offence but i just can't resist:sly: ...

i think you are to late to be honuest :nervous: , then again you are from wales:odd: ....
seeing they are at least 50 years behind , you might actually be on time :dopey: ...

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice one. :lol: He's too early, in that case. He's pass the deadline. If the shootout was held in 1952. :lol:

:lol: that made me laugh, in real life, honestly. Its also rather ironic since I wouldnt be born if I was 50 years behind :P

Snake55wildcat
Gulp, I do hope im not too late, as I almost forgot about this (yes I never posted here earlier, but i thought i would get me entry done sooner than i thought) :nervous:
The car ive tuned for this competition is a Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311), you cant go wrong with a classy convertible classic in a classy, classic monaco now :sly:
It may not be that fast (1:47.942) but i feel it suits Monaco greatly, which is why I chose it over a performance car, speed isnt everything when you can have just as much fun topping out at 110mph :)

Tune
Phantasmagoria Performance "Fairlady Fantasia"

Off-topic Edit: Oh wow what a post it had to be as my 250th :lol:

Edit #2: Tune Link name edit, accidentally labelled it as a Silvia when its a Fairlady, done it a few times when trying to get the car up and this one snuck in, fixed now though :lol:

Sadly I already extended the deadline once already, and don't think it would be fair yo the tuners that got there's in on time to allow yours in. But lets see what everyone in the shootout thinks before I make a decision. Sorry :(

How does that sound?

Nice event. Would've loved to submit my 73' Stratos but I guess I'm too late..

Well, maybe next time then :)

Sadly I already extended the deadline once already, and don't think it would be fair yo the tuners that got there's in on time to allow yours in. But lets see what everyone in the shootout thinks before I make a decision. Sorry :(

How does that sound?

Yeah that sounds alright, I kinda rushed to get this in only realising the date and thought the deadline was today, not yesterday so its my fault im late :embarrassed:
regardless if i get in or not, good luck to everyone in this shootout :D

Last edited:

How does that sound?

I have no problem with it, especially since it's a car we've not seen yet. 👍

Although I think the judges would appreciate it if we just said no more tunes beyond this point on.

Has the photo poll been posted yet?

If it has then it's definitely to late. If not and it isn't to much hassle to add it and for the testers then I'd be okay letting this last entry in. (Love the car:tup:👍)

However having said the above we do set deadlines for these events and don't want to be continuously in the habit of extending them because people failed to make the effort to meet those deadlines.

XDesperado67
Has the photo poll been posted yet?

If it has then it's definitely to late. If not and it isn't to much hassle to add it and for the testers then I'd be okay letting this last entry in. (Love the car:tup:👍)

However having said the above we do set deadlines for these events and don't want to be continuously in the habit of extending them because people failed to make the effort to meet those deadlines.

I agree it is a nice car. The photo poll is not up yet so that should not be a problem. Just need a few more people to chime in before I decide. Okay?

Trying to understand the testers part of this now. This one is all one group?

So ???:
16 cars
10 laps each
1:48 average lap time (108 seconds)
4.8 hours to test all cars
Deadline January 21st

Motor City Hami

So ???:
16 cars
10 laps each
Deadline January 21st

Yes all one group. Testers can choose any amount of laps to test (I will be running 10). You want to test? :dopey:

Deadline is the 21st (unless we can't do all testing by then)

So ???:
16 cars
10 laps each
Deadline January 21st
Yep!:embarrassed: That's the reason I split my last event up into smaller test groups as testing large fields of entries requires a significant commitment on the part of the testers to complete.

Unfortunately due to outside issues I can't commit to testing for this event and be sure of completing them.:(

Yes all one group. Testers can choose any amount of laps to test (I will be running 10). You want to test? :dopey:

Deadline is the 21st (unless we can't do all testing by then)

I may want to test. It would be fun to drive everyone elses tunes, yet potentially frustrating when some of them beat your own tune that was built specially for yourself.

What is the measurement that you're looking for? Average of 10 laps or run 10 laps and report the single fastest lap?

XDesperado67
Yep!:embarrassed: That's the reason I split my last event up into smaller test groups as testing large fields of entries requires a significant commitment on the part of the testers to complete.

Unfortunately due to outside issues I can't commit to testing for this event and be sure of completing them.:(

I had to put them into one group, because of the Drivers choice. I was going to split them, but it wouldn't have worked :(

Edit - @Hami fastest lap you can get. Again 10 laps is what I'll be doing but you can run any amount you want ;tup:

I had to put them into one group, because of the Drivers choice. I was going to split them, but it wouldn't have worked :(

All of your testers are also tuners. Everyone's going to have to be pretty honest when they pick their driver's choice?

Motor City Hami
All of your testers are also tuners. Everyone's going to have to be pretty honest when they pick their driver's choice?

Maybe I trust people to much, but I think we'll all be honest

Back