Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DoWhat13
Who's in this Office Depot car you speak of??:confused::confused:
:lol::lol:

You know which car we're talking about, the red Chevy with the mirrored 'Toyota' badge mashed into the front bumper after last weekend. :D

Well, we figured with Daytona coming up, no need to waste our resources shining up the front bumper on my car, I plan on trying to knock it right off.

Mudd
Well, we figured with Daytona coming up, no need to waste our resources shining up the front bumper on my car, I plan on trying to knock it right off.

Gets the grease ready .....

EDIT: If that was said outside a NASCAR room, it would just sound ...... Wrong!

I’m stuck in Chicago until Thursday but I have Blackhawks tickets for tonight 8 rows behind the penalty boxes.

whoopass2.jpg

I just bought my dinner for saturday night.

Homeslice, if that doesn't fill you up, feel free to chew on this for a bit:

photo-3.jpg

:mischievous:

OFFICIAL SS Route X Results:

1. Mudd
2. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83
3. dowhat13
4. Droptop2001gt
5. Drift_Phish_II
6. Knelly
7. Jakob_Nascar88
8. Chqr
9. homeslice47

I tried to say sorry earlier in the thread. Basically I showed up late, jumped in the wrong car which had cambers at 10 on all 4 wheels(i was playing with the top speed on it earlier). So when i hit the first turn the car just spun. I didnt have my mic so i couldnt here anybody. I think you typed "are you ok" and i replied "i'm ok". After i typed that i accidently hit the red button on the screen which kicked me out of the race. My plan was to wait for you guys to come around on the next lap, not leave the race. Sorry chqr i didnt mean to screw up your race. I owe you one.

Not to worry. No hard feelings. I thought something was wrong as it wasn't like you at all. No worries, you're still my the driver I still look up to :dopey:

Prepare for a massive overhaul of the website's statistics this weekend. Going live before the chase. A little teaser but all you guys, the drivers will get profiles full of stats and facts.

Shout out for Drift Phish too who could be a future prospect for S3 after an excellent showing.

Chqr
Not to worry. No hard feelings. I thought something was wrong as it wasn't like you at all. No worries, you're still my the driver I still look up to :dopey:

Prepare for a massive overhaul of the website's statistics this weekend. Going live before the chase. A little teaser but all you guys, the drivers will get profiles full of stats and facts.

Nice, love stats

The #11 team have arrived back at the team headquarters after a well earned holiday. They are confident of a strong chase run despite recent problems; A tire failure at Daytona putting them out of a 4 car lead fight, Engine failure at Indianapolis when leading, and the Suzuka run that was dampened in the stewards room. The fact the #11 team has persevered throughout all this and still remains in the chase underlines this teams commitment to supporting the Gibbs run to glory.

Nice, love stats

MASSIVE CREDIT WILL GO TO CRAZY BASSIST FOR THIS. 👍👍👍👍👍👍 The sheer amount of information he's done on this excel document is phenomenal. He is a living legend. Don't worry the page,

http://gtpnascar.webs.com/contact.html

will recognise the website helpers and team owners.

As I said earliier, the website is designed for S3 so lots of minor errors are still lurking and everything will be updated in due course. The official launch is February 21st for the website because that's the day before my 'birthday.'

Furinkazen
The #11 team have arrived back at the team headquarters after a well earned holiday. They are confident of a strong chase run despite recent problems; A tire failure at Daytona putting them out of a 4 car lead fight, Engine failure at Indianapolis when leading, and the Suzuka run that was dampened in the stewards room. The fact the #11 team has persevered throughout all this and still remains in the chase underlines this teams commitment to supporting the Gibbs run to glory.

4 Gibbs cars for the start of The Chase. Promising numbers.

This is the tentative Season 3 race schedule. You might notice the new inclusion of some very prestigious events from the actual NASCAR schedule.

Preseason Exhibition: - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)
01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)
03: Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)*
05: Daytona Superspeedway (50 Laps)
06: Indianapolis Superspeedway (40 Laps)
07: Southern 500 @ Custom Toscana Track (# of Laps TBD)
08: Suzuka East (60 laps)
09: SS Route X (10 laps)*
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
13: Coca Cola 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps)*
14: Daytona Superspeedway (75 Laps)
15: Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

*Note, you will have to purchase SS Route X to participate in these 3 races next season.

This is the tentative Season 3 race schedule. You might notice the new inclusion of some very prestigious events from the actual NASCAR schedule.

*Note, you will have to purchase SS Route X to participate in these 3 races next season.

Awesome idea with the Coca Cola night race, 600 miles will be insane :dopey:

So is the Southern 500 going to be on an oval or road based Toscana track? I used a Toscana oval for my Vintage Nascar series and it's possible to get some really crazy banking on the corners, like 30 degrees, mine was a bit like Pocono actually.

TomMcD
Awesome idea with the Coca Cola night race, 600 miles will be insane :dopey:

So is the Southern 500 going to be on an oval or road based Toscana track? I used a Toscana oval for my Vintage Nascar series and it's possible to get some really crazy banking on the corners, like 30 degrees, mine was a bit like Pocono actually.

We're not going to be able to replicate Darlington, but we're going to run on an oval of some sort, hopefully one that is somewhat challenging.

We're not going to be able to replicate Darlington, but we're going to run on an oval of some sort, hopefully one that is somewhat challenging.

It definitely will be challenging if it's Toscana based, I tried to make a short track but you generally get long tri-ovals.

TomMcD
It definitely will be challenging if it's Toscana based, I tried to make a short track but you generally get long tri-ovals.

I know some of the guys here have been working on creating Toscana ovals up to 4 miles in length. I'm open to just about anything oval-based here.

Woo +1 for the schedule. Looks incredible and the weighting looks a lot more like an official Nascar schedule. Good job.

I might have a go at one aswell, the more you have to choose from the better I suppose 👍

DrifterJoe
What would you be looking for in a Toscana track? We could get to work on trying to make one.

Ideally, a regular oval or trioval configuration, with decent banking and a wide racing surface. I would prefer left hand turns, but a solid course with right hand turns won't be overlooked. I would like a track somewhere from 1.5 to 4 miles in length, with a preference toward something nearer to the smaller end of the range, if possible. It doesn't have to be full throttle 100% of the time, but it does need to be as smooth as possible. I don't mind a little braking or letting off for a corner, but I don't want to have to slow way down because of some crazy blind hilltop or large bump on a negative camber corner.

Wow Drop Coca Cola 600!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the half of the race in is in the daytime and other half in the night time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back