GTP Calendar Entry

20120130nissan240zg02s.jpg

approximately 90 minutes duration for the event
race start time after about 20 minutes free run warm up qualifying
3 races, approx. 10-15 minutes each race with 3-5 minute breaks inbetween

Race 1: Tsukuba - 12 laps
Race 2: Cote d’Azur - 5 laps
Race 3: Trial Mountain - 10 laps

1st: 14, 2nd: 12, 3rd: 11, 4th: 10, 5th: 9, 6th: 8, 7th: 7, 8th: 6, 9th: 5, 10th: 4, 11th: 3, 12th: 2

Settings & Restrictions:
Nissan 240ZG (HS30) '71
comfort soft tires
no tuning / modifications forbidden / upgrades prohibited
only ABS & driving line allowed (driver's choice)
damage off
slipstream weak
penalty off
grip real
reverse grid order after 1st race
Rules: GTP OLR Rules

Race will be hosted in my lounge, add PSN: wat3rm370n
Race will be hosted in the VCRC Lounge, add PSN: VCRC

Sign-up:
GTP name / PSN name / car colour

= watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n / Mist Green
= Johnnypenso / Yuritardid / black
= TrackBound7 / GTP_TrackBound7 / light blue
= ID_racing / ID_racing / Matte Orange
= GTsail290 / GTsail2 / WR Blue Mica
= cc570 / cc570 / white
= BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / Silver Gray Metallic
= Tyrrellracing / tyrrellracing / GT Pastel Tone 005 W (light yellow)
= Naptown25rs / NCemtB / red
= ncrthree / GTP_ncrthree / orange
=
=

Join the VCRC if you're interested in the planning of Tournament #3,
or if you're just interested in meeting others interested in racing a variety of vintage cars.

Last edited:
I'll sign up for this event. For anyone else considering this, Punch does a great job of running these events. Things start on time and the schedule is kept tight. I've raced in two events, both in the Lotus Elan (hopefully not again for a long time - no offense to Lotus...lol) and both were very close, competitive and clean so I'd recommend it to anyone. Driving these lower powered cars is far more challenging and rewarding than driving any 600 pp road car on RS tires, any day:tup:

Just so you know Punch, I'll be on call for work next weekend and when I'm on call, although it's rare, I may have to leave with very short notice.

Glad to have ya guys again... hope you can both make it.

FYI: I'm going to be running some practice races with this car in my lounge over the next week probably here & there, so feel free to check my lounge... May not just be on these tracks, maybe mix it up. Good for an engine break-in if you're like me and bought it 0miles from the OCD, and can't afford to break it in on race day like IMZIZ did with the Elan! :eek:
And anyone is free to stop by even if you can't make the race Sunday. I'll try to post here when I'll be on.

I would like to race the Nissan 240Z, so sign me up Punch!

PSN: GTsail2
GTP: GTsail290
Car color: WR Blue Mica

Thanks
GTsail

:D 👍

ID_Racing & I had some fun races today on the tracks. (I think that's the most fun I've ever had on Tsukuba! :D)

Here are our handsome cars. :lol:
20120130nissan240zg03s.jpg

Yes indeed! Good selection of tracks and a great car. Think we're gonna have some fun close racing. At least at Tsukuba..:P
My car looks like something thats fallen of my grandmas bureau.

I set the laps for the races.

And I'm doing some engine break-in races in the next few days. ;)
Add PSN: VCRC
& check there.
Like to race some various tracks too, mix it up.
Feel free to post on this thread about going for some practice rounds yourself.
Those unable to make Sunday's race are most welcome as well. :)

VCRC - we're also doing a mini endurance Wed 2pm EST / 7pm GMT / 8pm CET, for anyone who might be around & interested in that:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=242336

And if you like these sorts of low pp races you might be interested in the Low HP League:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=277
I recommend trying it out. :D
3 regional divisions to suit schedules
Thursdays
@ 7pm CET / 6pm GMT
@ 7pm EST / 4pm PST
@ 7pm PST / 10pm EST
kei cars tuned to 400pp Sports Soft Tires
Pre-season race this Thursday!
For more information check the club forum, or contact league director, GTP: aceboy127

This car, the 240zg is in the OCD right now. :D
Grab it because I think the Online Dealership updates tomorrow.
The vintage BMW is also in the OCD right now, and we're considering that for a tournament as well. :)

And in most cases, several VCRC racers have spares of various vintage cars, and can usually fix someone up if they can't find the car for a particular race. :)

ah cool! just got it :D but relised the date... I'm busy :( (driving lessons on a real car) maybe next time guys ;)

Ah yes, the real car trumps, of course - best of luck with it.
But you can always catch up with us next week.

In other news, the OCD has updated apparently, with no vintage cars. :(
Better luck next time I hope!

I can still put my hands on at least 1 extra 240zg if the need arose, fyi. :D

I should be able to make this one. Did some laps in the 240 last night at Tsukuba, pretty fun car. Still needs broken in though.

BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / TBD

Take caution out there - watermelon speaks danish!

ps.: I have an extra 0/0/0 willing to trade for other interesting 0/0/0 cars if needed.

Welcome brandonw77

Yes, this car actually made Tsukuba fun for me. I'm not a big fan of Tsukuba.
But this car seems to like it there.

Take caution out there - watermelon speaks danish!

Well, I don't actually, I just did that for you. ;)

NOTE: Please add PSN: VCRC if you haven't already. :)
Going to host the race there... and may be in there practice racing.

Too bad they changed the OCD right before the race :grumpy:

Car looks good in black with gold rims...that's my colour choice 👍

I've run a few laps on each track to get a feel for the car and it handles really well, with lots of grip and turn in. You have to be careful with the throttle on exit but other than that she's a pussycat. Should make for some good racing :)

You have to be VEEEEERRRRRY careful with the throttle on exit.........

Fixed that for ya. :) I only did an Aspec event last night (at Tsukuba) and even offline it was looking to step the back-end out at every opportunity. It was easy to keep it reigned in, but just a smidgen too much throttle on exit and....wheeeeeeeeee!!! :dopey:

:lol: You guys have lead foots!

I mean feets.
I mean feet.
:odd: never mind. :guilty:

But yeah, sometimes it gets unsettled coming out from a corner. But don't make it sound like the old Skyline fishtailing out of every turn. :yuck: It's quite a stable car really.

Beautiful car in so many ways! :)

I've even decided to put the 83 Fairlady Z into the vote for next week.
(I have at least 4 extras of those, so "I don't have the car" is not a valid excuse for not voting for it. :sly: :mischievous:)
Anyway, the vote is up in the VCRC forum for the next race. A variety of selections.
(I like to have the next car picked out before the current race, so we I have something to look forward to after the race. :lol:)

Oh, thinking of breaking it in & aspec... I think they still have the Japanese Classics seasonal up - and Tsukuba & Trial Mountain are 2 of the tracks for that. And it's the perfect car for that event, as is. (I think one of the AIs is in the same car, or perhaps the Fairlady.)

Looks like I can make it this time.

Tyrrellracing/tyrrellracing/gt pastel tone 005 w (light yellow)

Anyone practising ATM ?

Got a strange message when logging on, but could still get into the VCRC lobby/lounge/whateveritscalled. Tyrrell and I had a couple of good races one at Trial and one at Tsukuba, very evenly matched, Tyrrel had the edge at Trial, I had at Tsukuba, so Im sure with this car, sunday is going to see some close and interesting racing!

Last edited:
I should be able to make this one. Did some laps in the 240 last night at Tsukuba, pretty fun car. Still needs broken in though.

BrandonW77 / BrandonW77 / TBD

Updating color: Silver Gray Metallic.

imagebwcx.jpg

Also discovered that this car is a pretty nice drifting machine! :)

@ ID_Racing:
Sorry I missed it with you guys yesterday! I should be on today.
Yes, yes, I think the tracks do very well.

@ Brandonw77:
That's quite a handsome car you painted there.
And yes, seems it can be a drifter. :)
Though usually when I do it, it's not really on purpose. :lol:
(If there's a poof of smoke on the track, it's generally behind my car. ;) )

Fun races with Tyrell & ID today. Thanks guys.
Even though I couldn't keep up... !!!
Ahem... Because I was in desperate need of an oil change...
... Not to mention all those badgers that kept running out in front of me on the track. ;) You would think in Monte Carlo that wouldn't be a problem, but there's a whole family of them lurking around those hairpins!! :mischievous:

I usually do ok on Trial Mountain, but Im skidding all over the place in the Nissan. Specially lap 2 was hopeless, and I lost my advantage from a good start, and knew it was a only matter of time before Tyrrell would overtake. After that happened I did get one chance of regaining the lead in the lefthander after the last straight, but my line became more wide than the tires would allow..:) Watermelon was chasing badgers, so I limped across the goalline in second, cursing my rashness..lol
Monte Carlo is, as always, where you need utmost concentration and a bit of aggressive driving to pull a victory. (and, of course, spending time fighting off badgers!!) Thats gonna be a fun race on Sunday.

Last edited:
Another ORCA guy checking in, definitely like the concept here... 99% sure I'll be around for the race tomorrow. Also sent a request to join the group.

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / Colors TBD

Back