VCRC T#6 *BMW 2002 Turbo 73* Sunday 12pmEST/5pmGMT

2002 I have is factory black, and I'll keep it that way seeing that there's no black on the list yet.
And don't worry about lap times. Safe/consistent race times will be seconds off those, given how this car likes to spin.

Myself, Owens and dsg are in the VCRC lounge for practice at the moment

There's a scheduled maintenance... but it does NOT start until about 1-1/2 hours after our event ends. 👍 So we're on. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the track!

Im in, ill just check if I have an unmodified 2002 and edit my post with the colours etc, PSN is m8h3r 👍 If its a good race then ill more than likely join others of your races :D

TyrrellRacing
Can we cut the concrete at Deep Forest ?

Was wondering about this myself... I have a feeling it will be done, accidental or otherwise, and unless penalties are turned on for this event, there's no way to police it.

Is it allowed to run with Comfort medium in the front and Comfort soft in the back?

What is max power once broken in on this car? I am at 174 HP.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, can't do this one :/ I'll try your next one though for sure 👍

Was wondering about this myself... I have a feeling it will be done, accidental or otherwise, and unless penalties are turned on for this event, there's no way to police it.

Sorry, forgot to mention this! I'll also make announcement at the race.

Concrete = OKAY
3-4 wheels into grass around concrete = not okay

In other words, I think we're all familiar with what the in-game penalty system allows & doesn't allow. Just pretend the penalty system is switched on. ;)

I also highly discourage risky hi-jinks around the concrete patches... 👎
This is less an issue on Reverse, I think. But I'm sure we all find it annoying when we arrive at the tunnel to a big poof of smoke that twisted up cars are hiding in. :lol:

I really enjoy watching replays, particularly at Deep Forest, so I'll likely spy anything you guys get up to. :lol: :sly: ;)

And I will make an effort to obey my own advice. 👍 ;) :eek:
If I don't, co-steward cc570 will act accordingly in bringing it to my attention. :nervous:

I posted my thoughts on the Deep Forest concrete here on a thread topic about it:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6720424#post6720424
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6722461#post6722461
So if you want to debate the concrete, I encourage it to be done there, not here. ;) :P
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Was wondering about this myself...
Can I cut the chicane @GP/F, lol? I'm quite good at it, just ask Brandon. I have a feeling it might be done, by me, on purpose.

first, the concrete piece deemed legal because " no way to prevent it" , next run-off areas in GP/F are legal for the same reason, then everything else not preventable w/o penalties?

Let's just stay on proper track please.

Punch -
If you have room for another BMW, I would like to join your group today

GTsail2 is the PSN and color me WR Blue Mica

Thanks,
GTsail

Is it allowed to run with Comfort medium in the front and Comfort soft in the back?

I've never had anyone ask me that before.
I've been thinking for some while now to make it tire restrictions as the tire, rather than an assumption of "or less".
We may discuss that here in the club forum:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2681

But for now, since I hadn't made that decision or specified from the outset, I am going to say. Yes, allowed if you so wish.

What is max power once broken in on this car? I am at 174 HP.

I THINK that sounds right... ?
Did you get the car from the OCD? If you got it from the OCD it should not need break-in.

Just resetting my internet and clearing my cache to help prevent connection issues! :S

I looked in for the first time on the proceedings today at 5pm gmt from the viewing lounge, but I could see the host was having a lot of problems with some members loading , so left as not to add to the difficulties. 👍
Good luck with your races.
Phillip.

I think Nurburgring GP doesn't like me, it's the only track that disconnects me when I go on it online D:

This is just purely irritating. Three online events in a row I've had connection issues with :(

Sorry dranddad - you left before I could say "don't leave"... :(

Sorry PB! I'm HOPING that the maintenance scheduled will do SOMETHING about these stupid problems. :mad: It's beyond annoying.

Just out of curiosity... do have a hard wire connection or wireless?
I know sometimes wireless router can either cause or add to already existing issues.
I think it's mostly the network, frankly. But anything that helps might be worth trying. :grumpy:

At any rate...
THANKS FOR THE RACES GUYS!!!

Very very very fun car. :D

Will post results & maybe even some photomodes... later tonight.

In fact, I'm thinking instead of doing post-race penalties... I'm going to take photomodes of whoever knocked out the boxes on Nurb, and of the bit of smokey carmageddon on Deep Forest, and just try to shame you guys into showing a little restraint on the 1st turns of 1st laps. :lol:

And I'd really like to see some of us who spent a lot of time out back... (you know who you are, and that would be me included)... doing some more defensive line driving when in the lead, as described in the GTP OLR Rules. 👍
We have to not give the eager beavers any room for temptation for inside passing!! 👍 :lol: :sly: :D

And I encourage everyone to sign up for:

carmageddonavoidancead02.jpg

Planning taking place in the VCRC forum right now!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2700

And next week's Sunday Tournament #7 is open for sign-ups! (ALPINE!!! :) )
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=246212

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The problem with the slower cars and harder tires it's hard to draft. So you have to use a full corner or two to complete a pass. With this car that can be very bad. LoL

I had to really go for it a few spots where Ina faster better grip car I'd waited and used the draft to secure the pass.

I have wireless :/ and I don't have an option of wired as the internet hub is downstairs
Hopefully there will be some sort of improvement with the maintenance :I

At any rate...
THANKS FOR THE RACES GUYS!!!

Very very very fun car. :D

Will post results & maybe even some photomodes... later tonight.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you for the organisation, and yes fun car to drive. looking forward to see the pictures. :cool:

Much more confortable on GPF in T1 with the Beemer.;)

Back