-Chuyler1
-C-ZETA
-Tris_73
-oopsorryy
-sheephead
-DigitalBaka
-Krenkme
-Theo777

They all have something special that make them fun to drive, well done! :)

He could just send me his entry when he's done and I can host it, might be easier, RJ?

I've finally decided on a Civic, just not which exact one. Depends what I get, but I have a decent one now. :)

I make a quick tune on a Honda Civic R EP ´01. Needed 86% power limiter after oil change and engine overall ,anyway it can´t compete because it´s above 400PP before oil change. But just to check his potential ,i have tested it against the fastest of the two focus ghost. Result 3 second faster around the ring, and 1 second slower than my fastest car.
this car is very competitive . really fast.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I want to see more european cars

ps: +1 to krenkme for having huge balls using that kind of car lol ( and it drove really nicely)

I consider mine to be European, despite it being listed as being American :)

+2 for krenkme. I enjoyed his other cars...

EDIT:
I make a quick tune on a Honda Civic R EP ´01. Needed 86% power limiter after oil change and engine overall ,anyway it can´t compete because it´s above 400PP before oil change. But just to check his potential ,i have tested it against the fastest of the two focus ghost. Result 3 second faster around the ring, and 1 second slower than my fastest car.
this car is very competitive . really fast.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I tried the (EK) '97, as well as the (EP). That's a quick car too, I could probably have got it within a few sconds of the Focus. I love the Focus too much to try that hard though. I've spent hours pouring over second-hand ones online, just never got round to buying one. I had a SportKa for a few years, that was a hoot. 1.6 litre, 95bhp and under 1000kg, great fun around town, bit of a headache on the motorway...

{Cy}

Last edited:
Finally got a little more time to find and tune a car for the contest so please add my name to the list of tuners. A bit more tweaking but it should be finalized today or tomorrow. I definitely won't be the fastest but it should be a fun ride that can be pushed to the limit and still be pretty safe. :crazy:

Finally got a little more time to find and tune a car for the contest so please add my name to the list of tuners. A bit more tweaking but it should be finalized today or tomorrow. I definitely won't be the fastest but it should be a fun ride that can be pushed to the limit and still be pretty safe. :crazy:

Good to see you my friend, welcome back. If you´re stilllooking for a car, check the NISSAN SILVIA VARIETTA (S15) ‘00, if it was to present another car ,it would be this one.

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Great work from the testers and tuners so far!, good to see so many people dedicated to making this a fun comp to enter!,

I'm kicking myself slightly, for putting my entry up so soon (although I spent a fair amount of time on the car), as found another V-tec that can instantly shave 5 seconds off of the time of the CR-X, ah the joys of tuning and the Ring'........

Has anyone else entered a Honda? if so which one, I know that there is 2 honda CR-X 90 SiR's, is there any others?

Last edited:
Yeah, thats why I went with the Focus too. Its so much fun at the Ring with the shootout restrictions 👍

It's superb, it just keeps pulling and pulling. The 206 RC is just as quick and has the same 'insistent' nature that the ST170 does at this PP. I've done a couple of Pugs though, don't want to get typecast :sly:

{Cy}

Has anyone else entered a Honda? if so which one, I know that there is 2 honda CR-X 89 SiR's, is there any others?

I'm entering a 2009 Insight. I think I'm the only person so far who has chosen a car and stuck with it, judging by the comments so far. :lol:

I'm entering a 2009 Insight. I think I'm the only person so far who has chosen a car and stuck with it, judging by the comments so far. :lol:

Your insight will do great :crazy:

PS: We got one more tuner ! :embarrassed: 30 +- mins more on the ring for the shootout :crazy:

Only reason people are having trouble adding me is because I can't keep my PS3 alive long enough to figure out what car I'm actually going to use. Once I do I'll sort my list out.

Sad part is I could probably do the 4 Hours of Nurburgring without issue during the race but it'd lock up on the way out. Hell, I could do the 24 Hours. If the test drivers who don't have me added would PM me, it'd be appreciated.

Your insight will do great :crazy:

I know it's not going to win, but I don't actually care. :lol: I entered an Insight because I wanted to have fun, not because I thought it would have any chance at winning. :P

I´m stuck with mine , since day 1 of this shootout. :P

btw I can´t change things on mine because CSL does share mine.

raVer

Good to see you my friend, welcome back. If you´re stilllooking for a car, check the NISSAN SILVIA VARIETTA (S15) ‘00, if it was to present another car ,it would be this one.

><((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Haha..thanks for the suggestion...already have a car picked out and you are very close :sly:

Superbowl starting shortly..go Pats!!👍

My car is in the process of being blind tuned because apparently I can't do more than 4 laps of a track now and safely make it back to the main screen.

My car is in the process of being blind tuned because apparently I can't do more than 4 laps of a track now and safely make it back to the main screen.
You could always reach out and reestablish the "Adrenaline Junkie" partnership you used for the FF shootout.:D

Ooops what am I saying your Mazda came within a hair of trouncing all those DC2s and the tuner cars.:scared::crazy:

You could always reach out and reestablish the "Adrenaline Junkie" partnership you used for the FF shootout.:D

Ooops what am I saying your Mazda came within a hair of trouncing all those DC2s and the tuner cars.:scared::crazy:

Yea…RJ + Adrenaline = Overkill. :lol:

And it definitely drove the best of the lot.

Still 19 days to go before the shootout is over, that is a lot of time O.o Hopefully some tuners wont wait till right before their deadline to post their tunes, go on post them
I have nothing to do except playing these with my gf:
RIFT (Starting tomorrow)
Sacred 2 (PS3)
Dungeon SiegeIII (PS3)
Hunted the demons forge (PS3)

And alone I play this at the moment
Crysis 2
Gran turismo 5
Call of duty MW3

(Altough only rly doing GT5 atm, and only been driving on the nurburgring these last few days (Notice that nor my aspec nor my bspec lvl got increaed lol )

Wich is a good thing, im already driving faster, my fastest time on the ring with one of these shootout cars was 8,45,xxx :D

Considering the fact that im coming from a 9 min mark, its a huge improvement i guess...

PS: Will the next shootout start after this one or can it start during this one? Lets say, when the tuner deadline is close..

Love the Idea of using an insight, I think that should be inspiring to most tuners!, I'm sticking with my CR-X, as I've already built, tested etc, and I have already had testers driving it, I don't think it would be fair on them if I started posting random cars because I believe they are faster / easier to drive.:scared:

FYI - my best time in the car I am not submitting :crazy: is 8:26.844, honda integra type R 95' model, 87,000km, no oil change, no engine rebuild, exhaust extractors fitted, normal weight of 1060kg, and tuned everything else not pp related......I'll put it on share for anyone wishing to have a drive or use the tune for fun / online racing (I'll post the tune tonight when I get home for you to see in a seperate forum here on GTP)

best time for my CR-X was close to this but not as fast during the first sections of the course....I'm not going to post My Cr-X times as I don't want the testers to be sitting there trying to beat it - as I believe the tune / time should also be based on ease of posting a quick time, not hotlapping for an entire day :ill:

Probably won't be the fastest car, but it sure is fun to drive!!! Doesn't quite have the grunt and windslicing ability of a couple of FF Honda's I tried, but you can really push this car hard and it's very forgiving. It carves through corners as if it's on SS tires, is very stable at low and high speed and you can really attack the course with it as soon as the tires warm up. You can brake or put the power down just about everywhere except the very few places where the car is really off balance. It's definitely not a "loose" car so it requires some accuracy to get the most out of it.

The transmission makes use of all 6 gears and first comes into play on perhaps a half dozen corners. Try to get used to shifting around 7500 rpm to keep it in the powerband. Shifting at the right RPM is good for about 2 seconds a lap in this car.

My best time in the car was 8:29, with many laps between 8:30 and 8:33. I had it up to 190 hp at one time but it kept losing hp after about 3 laps so I did an engine overhaul and could only get it back to 186 and lost 100 rpm in the process.:grumpy:

Best of luck with it, hope you enjoy the ride:tup:

nrburgringnordschleifenp.jpg

1999 Nissan Silvia Spec-S Aero (S15) from UCD
186 hp, 1190 kgs, 398pp, Comfort Soft Tires

Transmission:

Top Speed: 180 km/h
Final Gear Ratio: 2.776
1st- 3.425
2nd- 2.539
3rd- 2.046
4th- 1.714
5th- 1.471
6th- 1.308

No Aero, No Chassis Reinforcement
Window Weight Reduction Only, Fully Custom Transmission and Suspension, All Drivetrain upgrades, Titanium Racing Exhaust
Power Limiter- 100%

33,965.4 kms on the odometer

LSD 15/13/7
Ride Height 0/0
Springs 8.0/8.0
Extension Damper 10/10
Compression Damper 4/4
ARB's 3/4

Camber 1.3/1.3
Toe -.10/+.10
Brake Balance 5/4

She's on share as of this posting. Good luck and thanks to everyone who test drives the car.

Pretty car there, JP. 👍 Hope it drives like your S2000 did.

And since Praiano brought it up, I was surprised nobody entered the Varietta in the roadster shootout. I expected the S2000s and the MX-5s but I thought somebody would have brought the Nissan to the party.

Finished with krenkme and XD and had a blast. Got some notes to share once the testing officially starts. For those testing, I'd appreciate some comments both ways on my car. Stuff it does well is good to hear but I learn from the bad points and that's really what I am here for. :)👍

I hope so too Baka...lol. And you're right, the Silvia is a simple but very attractive design. 👍

I try to tune all my cars to drive like that S2000. I don't particularly like oversteer so I go more for balance and predictability which is what works for me and hopefully a few others. The Silvia doesn't quite have the grunt to keep up with the top dogs here, but it's fun to drive and I'd really like some feedback on it so I can learn some more about tuning.

Speaking of the S2000, there seems to be way more grip on the 'Nurb than just about any other track I've driven offline. I only tested a half dozen cars but they all had lots of grip even with stock or barely modified tunes, and that's on tires one step down from the Autumn Ring Shootout with the S2000. The Integra in particular seemed to corner like a GT500 car on RS tires online but unfortunately the one I had, the motor was weak. I'm not a big fan of the track for racing and have avoided it like the plague until just recently, but offline it has so much grip that even on hard tires it's fun to drive.

For those tuners still looking for a car or anyone interested in trying another fun 400PP car I've placed a Lexus IS 200 on share. With a bit more fine tuning it could definitely be a contender.

For the Test Drivers please remember the Toyota 2000 GT is my official entry so don't get confused.:D
Admittedly the Lexus is an easier drive than the 2000 GT, but if you enjoy your cars a bit more on the edgy side I think you'll find the 2000 GT to be a very fun, engaging and challenging drive.:cheers::gtpflag:

Back