◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,633 comments
I'm definitely voting for Eiger Short Track as well, and hopefully with a small RWD car. Something like the RX-8 would be awesome ! 👍

I like how you think.

Last night was my first time in D2 and I definitely noticed it. You guys are much harder to pass.

I have a question to ask. Next week I won't be able to race Sunday because it's Mother's Day and since I work in a restaurant, they are going to need me to work that Sunday, and it's probably until 1 or 2am. However, I will be able to race (almost definitely) on the 20th. So my question is, since I came out in first yesterday in Div 3, will I be in Div 2 or 3 on the 20th?

When the list goes official, and you get promoted, you're in d2, and since you just gave advance notice, your good to go.

Jaysin no showed, Justin ran the first two races then split.

Hmm, can please take a look at Directors' Google Doc and make the corrections you see fit? There are definitely points credited to Jaysin. Perhaps those were supposed to go to GlennGolfer1 instead? The two races that Jaysin got points for are also the same two races that GlennGolfer1 mysteriously did not get any points for.

Also, I got Skillz vote wrong. He voted for combo 1, not 2. After the last race ended, the lobby froze up on the black screen, so I took everyone vote verbally. Guess I thought I heard him and heard someone else instead.

Okay, cool. I've updated the results to reflect his vote for Round 1 instead of Round 2.

Also, no one was able to save the last replay. Luckly I was able to get everyones position before the game tried to go back to the lobby screen.

Well I guess the stats for D3 will be incomplete this week. If anyone in D3 was able to save a replay for the last race, please let us know!

I have a replacement PS3. It is online now and beginning the long process of patching up. I hope to be able to host the parity racing tomorrow night. So I'll update that thread.

I have a replacement PS3. It is online now and beginning the long process of patching up. I hope to be able to host the parity racing tomorrow night. So I'll update that thread.

Sweet, glad they came through for you.

Hell yeah! Glad to see you might be up and running soon. 👍

Btw, the division directors weren't able to sort the Google Doc by points last night. There was an error saying that a vertical merge was preventing that. Any idea what was causing that? The only thing I noticed different about the template was the note in cell B1. I tried to delete it, but it didn't help.

Also, is there any way to create a formula that automatically adds a "Triple Crown" bonus point when someone wins pole in all three rounds? rofajole was the first to win it so I thought it would be cool if the Google Doc automatically awarded the bonus point. If not, no big deal.

dudeondacouch
Are you proposing that Thursday would be a good time to sabotage her car?

You got it! I'll distract her and you do your thing. LOL!

sharkie
LOL I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. That reminds me of the time when I arrived at the track in the morning only to find my car up on blocks without any wheels and a note from my fellow racers saying they would let me use their spare tires (already worn-out of course) LOL It was a joke, of course, but it was done by my own crew. Good Times... Good Times! :)

I was going to do this last week, but I didn't get higher than Prize C. So, If the results hold true (for D1) then I'm going to share my prize with the SNAIL members for this week.

I'm keeping the car selection for myself, but I'm open the track location to a vote by my fellow SNAIL members. Please make your suggests here, and I'll keep a running tally for the votes. Make your vote count. :)

That's very nice of you. I'd like the Eiger short track.

Everyone, please make sure your inbox isn't at 100%. Sometimes we need to send you guys PMs and we can't. *cough*aubdogg*cough*

Btw, the division directors weren't able to sort the Google Doc by points last night. There was an error saying that a vertical merge was preventing that. Any idea what was causing that? The only thing I noticed different about the template was the note in cell B1. I tried to delete it, but it didn't help.

It appears to only be a problem sorting for the D2 sheet. On that one, the new message was dragged below the split line. Deleting it isn't enough, the cells have to be un-merged. I appear to be able to sort just fine on the other two. The mouse can be a bit sticky at time in Google docs. Someone probably dragged that by accident.

Also, is there any way to create a formula that automatically adds a "Triple Crown" bonus point when someone wins pole in all three rounds? rofajole was the first to win it so I thought it would be cool if the Google Doc automatically awarded the bonus point. If not, no big deal.

It should be doing that. Check my math, but...

rofajole got four First place finish (16 points each for 64 points), one second place finish (15 points), and one fourth place finish (13 points). That should give him 92 points. For pole in each round he gets another three points, bringing him to 95. For the triple-pole bonus he gets another point, bringing him to 96.

I'll send tickets for L8, L10, L14 and L15 to the Snail_1 account, Zero. I will also check to see what unopened prize cars I have on my main, or son's accts as well. Copies to follow as I find those that are different.

(L14 sent; L15 sent; 2 Seasonals from an L18 ticket)

(L10 now sent)

Last edited:
hey guys, i will be finished with school by next Sunday, so i'm looking forward to getting back racing with everyone! kcheeb, could you please tell me which division I will start up in? Thanks, I've missed this!! 👍

👍 good to hear ck, glad you're back. From the notes I left myself it looks like we held your position in D1 until this last Sunday. You'll be starting in D2 next Sunday.

I have a question to ask. Next week I won't be able to race Sunday because it's Mother's Day and since I work in a restaurant, they are going to need me to work that Sunday, and it's probably until 1 or 2am. However, I will be able to race (almost definitely) on the 20th. So my question is, since I came out in first yesterday in Div 3, will I be in Div 2 or 3 on the 20th?

Thanks for letting us know about your absence rofajole, much appreciated.

Driver list updated.

As to the Division you'll be in, as Rally said, as long as you're in first or second after the results go official, you'll be promoted to Division 2.

Congrats, Devious!

I would vote Tokyo Special Stage Five/Reverse, or Eiger Nordwand K Trail/Reverse (but I do better on snow, so maybe chamois Main...).

fzappa
You got it! I'll distract her and you do your thing. LOL!

dudeondacouch
The last time someone said this to me, it didn't turn out well. :lol:

LOL That's so cute - my own little fan club. :)

Dude, that open statement is just too good to pass up...would you care to explain, please? :sly:

Zero, I fixed my blunder. Before hand I think they were next to each other, and in the rush to get everything down and keep the room rolling, I guess I messed up. Sorry about that. As for a replay for the last race, the lobby froze in transition, locking everyone in the black Gran Turismo screen. We all had to restart, so no one was able to get a save. Im, getting the replays off my ps3 now.
Goat, if you could grab the replay from the 2nd round 2nd race and email it to me, I would be much obliged.

Wife is out of town, and hockey should (?) be done by 10pm... What is Monday mayhem for the uninitiated? Which car and what to do, etc?

Speaking of which, are we still doing tuning prohibited for the muscle car hour? The stock transmissions were a pretty severe limiting factor last time.

dudeondacouch
The last time someone said this to me, it didn't turn out well. :lol:

Hopefully it wasn't Mopory! That's exposing yourself to a blind person.

Wife is out of town, and hockey should (?) be done by 10pm... What is Monday mayhem for the uninitiated? Which car and what to do, etc?
Handlebar, get ready for a treat! first hour is classic car dirty racing! this week will be indy superspeedway and road course. so get in a classic American muscle car between the years of 64 and 71. PP will be set to 450pp. sports hard tires, no tuning. You can however use the engine limiter to achieve 450pp
Second hour is cat and mouse. The cat is any car up to 450pp, again, no tuning, you can however use the engine limiter. mouse cars at set to 306 PP. its a team game where the teams mouse that finishes first, wins. Teams will generally be 3 drivers, 2 cats and one mouse. However, things are left flex able to adapted to the number of racers present.

Both hours are dirty as you please, no contact barred action!

dudeondacouch
Devious wins too much. I propose a handicap. Someone go let all the air out of her tires. :lol:

She does have a handicap. I think its chocolate and balloons.

She does have a handicap. I think its chocolate and balloons.
And flowers too. Maybe some wine,💡 a big bottle of wine in the box! Sent Saturday, then Sunday, she will be to hungover with a killer headache to race well!

Handlebar
I'll send tickets for L14 and L15 to the Snail_1 account, Zero. I will also check to see what unopened prize cars I have on my main, or son's accts as well. Copies to follow as I find those that are different.

Would you want like 5 Silver Chrome, or 5 Matte somethings, etc? Any unusual or specific paint chips?

First of all, I'd like to say that I really like the ide of expanding Prize C to include more a car that can be purchased from the dealerships. 👍

Zer05ive~~
If I may suggest that other "gift" items be considered as well? other than just paint. Other prizes to consider could include driver gear as well as museum cards.

I realize I might me the minority in this matter but another car really doesn't interest me when I already have all the cars in the game as well as all the DLC offered to date. However, I am still working on my collection of Racing Suits & Helmets, as well as the Museum Cards. An offer of these items has more value to me than another car. I'm fair certain this would not be a big deal to add to the prize but it would offer all "giftable" (if that's even a word) items as a possible prize Ksubject to availablity, of course).

As I understand the GT5 "Gifting" rule, players are limited to sending all of the following, Each and Every Day:
* 1 ticket for a car OR a car, per day
(limited to $999,999 or less, cannot be a DLC car or a prize car)
* 5 paint chips, per day
* 5 upgrade parts, per day
* 5 racing suits or helmets, per day
* 5 museum card, per day

* NOTE: there is a limit to how much a players INBOX can hold at one time and I think that is about 50 items at a time. Simply collect you gifted items to empty your INBOX and you're good to go again. As far as I know, there is NO DAILY LIMIT to the number of items a GT5 account can receive. This means that fellow SNAIL Members can send items to an account to be offered as a prize for later use & with duplicating one's game save, those prizes would never be depleted.

This leaves a lot of room for prize selection and would offer drivers who win Prize C a wider range of possible prizes.

Just. A thought.

IIRC, there's no sending limit for suits/helmets.

No idea about museum cards, but I dearly wish I could send all mine away with a couple clicks. :mad:

I'm keeping the car selection for myself, but I'm open the track location to a vote by my fellow SNAIL members. Please make your suggests here, and I'll keep a running tally for the votes. Make your vote count. :)

Thanks sharkie! My vote is for Cape Ring Inside, my favorite version of Cape Ring, and it doesn't include that 🤬 helix.

Devious wins too much. I propose a handicap. Someone go let all the air out of her tires. :lol:
Could you do this to her M3 GTR Race Car, I know she wasn't able to race last week, but if she's there this week I'd like to have a little fairer competition. Same with Vail's M3 as well.

Moving on I'll be taking some photographs tonight from Saturday and Sunday's races, as well as a halfway report on the M3 GTR Race Car Challenge. I also have an announcement about a race I'll be taking part in Saturday afternoon at one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Back