World Classic Car Challenge - Results Posted

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 422 comments
A quick question on ride hight. You can lower front and back by 10, but can you also raise the front and back by 10? :dopey:

Great choice by the way AC :cheers: I had a friend that had rust in the shape of that car when I was young :lol:

Sure.

frenzal
I'd love to have a go as a tester thanks...my PSN for this is eddie_blackadder.

Add you as soon as I can :D.

Um, a possible entry in this challenge is on share for people on my friends list to see... and no I'm not kidding :dopey:

I'm getting ready to start, but I don't think I have all of these cars..

EDIT: Never mind about the cars...there's only 2 tunes up .-.
I'll start when there's a good amount of tunes.

I am pretty sure that you don't tune the car yourself.
You are supposed to borrow them.

GranTurismo916

gamerdog6482
I am pretty sure that you don't tune the car yourself.
You are supposed to borrow them.

Yep, that is how it normally works. Send out FR to the tuners, or accept them from the tuners and have fun :dopey:

"FireStar"

When you are ready to stop teasing us and post your tune, put it in this post. I'm linking it to the op.

Yep, that is how it normally works. Send out FR to the tuners, or accept them from the tuners and have fun :dopey:

Only a few cars in the game can't be shared, and all the cars that qualify for this event can be shared so it's the tuner's responsibility to FR the testers so they can borrow the cars for testing. It's a pretty good system.

Really, the only drawback is that you have to have the add the tuner on your FL to borrow.

Last edited:
Great choice by the way AC :cheers: I had a friend that had rust in the shape of that car when I was young :lol:

Glad to see you were able to get a spot in the shootout. I'm sure you will come up with something fast and fun to drive.:dopey:

I've seen a few of the 240 and 260 Z-cars around N. Texas. Not much rust on them but I'm guessing grey primer must of been the color of choice back then because thats all I see. They are also Err_Umm, customized or compromised depending on your point of view.:lol:
Maybe one day I'll get see an original in mint condition.:drool:

There are several Fairladies in and around the town Harvey and I live near. Some are in excellent condition and owned by people who obviously cherish their toys.

There are several Fairladies in and around the town Harvey and I live near. Some are in excellent condition and owned by people who obviously cherish their toys.

To continue the ot foray...

I came very close to buying a 76 280Z in very good condition. I had cash in hand but the seller flaked.

The 280 was always my favorite of the Z cars up until the 370, though it still will give it a run if I had to choose one.

Bavmo still coming along but haven't worked on it much since last check in. I need to finish up the 86s and get some WRS time this week. My dad replaced his broken computer monitor so I am trying to see if I can RMA it to use with my PS3 as I am currently very limited by the time I get on the TV these days.

Somebody test this car ???? It's an excelent easy pilot car at 430PP sport tires.

ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 1600 DUETO ‘66

azur30.jpg
azur31.jpg

HaylRayzor
The Holy Hand Grenade?

No, I removed it to place the Holy Handgenade on share. You missed it by a few minutes. But before I turn in, it'll be back up :dopey:

I'll give you a hint... it's German ... or Italian ... or Japanese :dopey::lol:

krenkme
No, I removed it to place the Holy Handgenade on share. You missed it by a few minutes. But before I turn in, it'll be back up :dopey:

I'll give you a hint... it's German ... or Italian ... or Japanese :dopey::lol:

Do mean the SAMBA BUS !!!!!

it's German ...

You're a disturbed man... :dopey:

But then, here is what I have been testing. It's really fast. No, really. And reeeeeally ill mannered. It's the Yellow Bird's nasty little cousin.

I managed to turn a 1:21.000. And yes this picture is from that lap.

Boys and Girls, do NOT try this at home.

alpineh.jpg

I'm going to do some further tests with lightening and more ballast because I think this will make a killer 400PP car with a better weight distribution.

Last edited:
NEWDRIVER2
Do mean the SAMBA BUS !!!!!

:D...:sly:

HaylRayzor
You're a disturbed man... :dopey:

Yep :D

But then, here is what I have been testing. It's really fast. No, really. And reeeeeally ill mannered. It's the Yellow Bird's nasty little cousin.

I managed to turn a 1:21.000. And yes this picture is from that lap.

Boys and Girls, do NOT try this at home.

I'm going to do some further tests with lightening and more ballast because I think this will make a killer 400PP car with a better weight distribution.

I like this car. Even have a tune at Clueless for it :dopey:... I like the way you think :cheers:

Looking at Krenkme's profile now. The car you tuned is a Samba? That's...I have no words...
And how did you get a 16:16 race:win with a Samba?

All right, just tested Krenk's Samba.
Best lap time: 1:25.984
I found the car extremely easy to drive. I was drifting through turns 2 and 3, and found the bus very stable after the jump. I actually had fun driving this Samba.
After playing TGTT for hours, I had learned to hate this bus, but your tune made it fun. Especially when handbraking is an effective method of turning.

gamerdog6482
Looking at Krenkme's profile now. The car you tuned is a Samba? That's...I have no words...
And how did you get a 16:16 race:win with a Samba?

gamerdog6482
I found the car extremely easy to drive. I was drifting through turns 2 and 3, and found the bus very stable after the jump. I actually had fun driving this Samba.
After playing TGTT for hours, I had learned to hate this bus, but your tune made it fun. Especially when handbraking is an effective method of turning.

Well it is not yet my final entry, but I do like to drive it (it most likely will be my choice). Still needs some fine tuning, but I'm glad you had fun. That is what I wanted for this one :dopey:

When you get ready to post official test results, put them all in one post so I can link to it.

Two things I should point out.

1. The tune is not officially submitted until it is posted here. Putting it on share does not make it official. He is still free to make changes to it. Official testing cannot be done until the tune is posted and changes are locked out.

2. Handbraking is not allowed in this challenge. All test times will be without use of the handbrake.

Tester Rules:

Testers should be comfortable on comforts. :lol: If you normally drive on race soft tires you may not be able to fairly evaluate cars on comfort tires.

Testers must have enough free slots in their friend list for all the tuners.

Cars must be driven as-is, including brake balance.

Testers must complete enough laps to be sure they got a good lap with each car. At 15 minutes per car minimum by the time you are done, be prepared to invest around 3 hours of time testing.

No e-brake turns.

Testers will post all their results in one post so I can link to the results in the op. You don't have to post all results at the same time but if when you add results just edit your results post.

Testers will post their best lap time for each car and then rate the car’s drivability on a scale of 1-5. 1 being perfect. 5 being undrivable, literally impossible to complete a lap. Be realistic. Be careful about giving 1 or 5 unless the car truly deserves it.

Last edited:
I had a few faster cars that I tested, but I just couldn't resist :dopey: Have fun :cheers:

Family Camper
Based on the Volkswagen Typ2(T1) SambaBus '62

eigernordwandshorttrackd.jpg

eigernordwandshorttracky.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

143bhp
386pp
204 ft. lb. @3700 RPM of torque
weight 943 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Adjustable
Drivetrain
Stock
Suspention
Custom
Tires
C omfort Soft (c3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment - 12 @ 0
Power Limit to 96.1%

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Final - 3.250
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -10 Rear: -5
Spring Rate- Front: 5.8 Rear: 6.4
Extention- Front: 6 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 1.4 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.17 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 6 Rear: 2

TUNER NOTES -
Tune was built for the World Classic Car Challenge . It will not be the fastest, nor the best handling car, but I hope it can put a smile on your face :dopey:

eigernordwandshorttracki.jpg

Last edited:
Back