◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
hey me and some of my racing team would like to join sunday match my gamer ID is MadSquirrel-EGO and the two other racers are madsquirrels-BM and madsquirrels_ajc

Hey Madsquirrels, madsquirrels-BM and madsquirrels_ajc,

Glad to have you aboard. Can you make sure each of your team runs the time trial and submits times to me? Best thing would be to have each of them get a GTPlanet ID and let me know what the id is 👍

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Steps:
1. I add you three to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You each run the Time Trial.
3. You each Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial.
4. I assign each of you to the appropriate Division, giving you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

sorry kcheeb i was thinking this was for S.N.A.I.L racing my bad just realized you were talking about SPEC racing

Your original request was for Saturday night, so I thought you meant our sister league, S.P.E.C. racing. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

You do want to join S.N.A.I.L. to race Sunday nights though right?

xf65e.jpg

MAGIC LAP WILL BE HELD TOMORROW NIGHT (FRIDAY) AT 10PM EDT with the following theme:

Theme: Something Completely Different - I have had a few requests to have a night with an open theme, where every car was allowed. I agree that this would be nice, but at the same time, I worried that we would lose one of the points that makes this so fun: The idea that you can race any car, even something you're not used to, and still be competitive. I like that this type of racing can put you out of your comfort zone, and I wanted to keep it that way.

So for this week's theme, I expect you to drive something different, unique, or unusual, either in general, or to you. Drive something strange like a Tank Car or Kubelwagen, or if you usually drive supercars, try a Kei car or a Rally Car. The point is to try something different. Have fun with it and don't think too hard!
Track: Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
Car Restriction: Open (see theme)

The procedure listed in the Magic Lap thread is outdated. I will update it soon. For now, the basic procedure is to get in your car, tell me your time, and I will give you a delay time in response. When the race starts, simply wait until the timer hits that mark before starting to drive. If everything is timed right, everyone will cross the finish line at the same time, no matter what people are driving! It's a blast!

Your Responsibilites:
If you plan on attending, please ensure you understand the following obligations so that the night can run smoothly:

Run test laps for each car you plan on running before you show up to race. You should do the test laps in a lounge or lobby because the physics are different offline. Everything should be set to the settings listed in the Magic Lap thread. Note that for now, tire wear will not be present, so do not test with tire wear on. Write down all your times, as I will not be able to keep track of multiple times for people, only the times of the cars currently being driven. When you change cars, tell me the time of the car you are switching to.

Tuning your cars is allowed, but not recommended. The idea of this event is to drive cars you don't always get a chance to, and avoid the need for comparison. As far as this event is concerned, tuning your car does not make it better, as your delay will always compensate for your performance.

Tires are up to you; you may use the stock tires, or the official S.N.A.I.L. tires, based on PP. I prefer the S.N.A.I.L. tires because they represent what it would be like to take your family sedan to a track day with some sportier-than-stock tires. Sometimes the stock tires just seem to have much less grip than they should.

You may bring as many cars as you want to the event, so long as you ensure you have set times for all of them. After some racing, we will want to have some races where there are no extremely fast cars, and then some with no extremely slow cars. Ensure you do not have exclusively fast cars or exclusively slow cars, but have enough variety to always have something to race. For example, if you bring something higher than 500PP, ensure you also have something below 500PP for when we disallow cars 500PP and above. The same goes for cars below 400PP, so ensure you have something above 400PP. If you only want to bring one car, something between 400 and 500PP will suffice for the whole night. (Hopefully this is clear now; if you have questions about this, please ask!)

Generally, I tend to bring about three or four cars, though you may bring less. More than that and you may not get to race some of them.

Make sure you understand everything outlined above and feel free to ask questions. Can't wait to race tomorrow night! :)

1redsox2
Is it just for Division 3 because I'm not in a division yet and I am hoping to be there tomorrow.

What sethfraz said. Just send a psn friend request to SNAIL_Division3 so you can race tomorrow with dylansan.

Until you send me your time you'll remain a new
SNAIL and not eligible for Sundays races.

Clear as mud :)

Is it just for Division 3 because I'm not in a division yet and I am hoping to be there tomorrow.

I just sent you a friend request from the D3 account so that you can participated in Magic Lap racing on Friday. 👍

Please remember that is not necessarily where you where be racing on Sunday night. We need you to compete the Time Trial in order to figure that out.

EDIT: cheeb back at it again :)

Yes Spiderman, just change the oil & your set. You could rebuild motor or chassis but thats optional. I'm going to head to D3 lounge if anyone is interested in some shuffle racing.

Just received a PM in game that directed me here to request entry into S.N.A.I.L.

I must say I am excited at the prospect of clean spec racing! I read over GTP OLR Rules, Good Racecraft and other links in the first post and I am happy to see that you are adding to the simulation experience by going beyond just the physics of racing.

My GTP and PSN ID's are the same, hope to see you on track soon :)

-Soren

Just received a PM in game that directed me here to request entry into S.N.A.I.L.

I must say I am excited at the prospect of clean spec racing! I read over GTP OLR Rules, Good Racecraft and other links in the first post and I am happy to see that you are adding to the simulation experience by going beyond just the physics of racing.

My GTP and PSN ID's are the same, hope to see you on track soon :)

-Soren

Hey Soren535,

Glad you're excited about racing with us. We'll do our best to meet your expectations :)

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both.

Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial.
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, giving you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread. To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

In the race do we do 3 races with each race the car you have chosen in the 2nd post. So first race I would use the Italia, second race a RX-7 and 3d race a Focus (these were examples).

In the race do we do 3 races with each race the car you have chosen in the 2nd post. So first race I would use the Italia, second race a RX-7 and 3d race a Focus (these were examples).

Hey 1redsox2

Using your example, here's how it would work.

Round 1
Race 1 - Italia - qualifying grid
Race 2 - Italia - reverse grid

Round 2
Race 1 - RX-7 - qualifying grid
Race 2 - RX-7 - reverse grid

Round 3
Race 1 - Focus - qualifying grid
Race 2 - Focus - reverse grid

Make sense?

Ya it does make sense and when do you want me to have the time trial time in by?

We'll be posting the new Division split either late tonight or early tomorrow. If you can get it to me some time today that would be great. Thanks.

Back