Vintage Showdown *VCRC* Round #1- Merc '54 & Subaru '58 - All Welcome!

This really seems complicated for some people to understand. There isn't a specific time or date for the race, what you do is:

1. sign up

2. When a new round starts you have to find at least two (max 3) other guys you want to duel against in that car/track combination.

3. Send PMs to those guys and suggest a duel, and times that you are available for racing.

4. Arrange a time for the races (don't have to be all races at the same time, you can race 1 opponent today and the next on tuesday if you want)

5. At the set date, go to the vcrc lounge and join it through the coffee cup, wait until your opponent shows up and then race according to the racerules in the OP (2 laps quali for first race, then reverse grid in the second two )

6. Report back here by copying the form in the OP..

I think that's right.. otherwise i'll have to revise it later (it's hard to check things while writing on the ps3 :P )

Thanks Phouchg, you're the best! 👍
I've linked your ^ on the OP. :)

I said, it's a work in progress. And it SEEMS little more complicated than "ordinary race series", I know... but only because it's uncommon.
This league is very similar (but not the same) as Legends of the Street Initial D GT5 Touge.
The differences being that THIS is spec racing with no tuning, and it's not specifically Toge style.
Though I am going for an "Initial D -esque" type of "style" to the league, of course. :)

Append: And where in blazes is John Wells??? :) ^^
I don't want to wind up having to have my 3rd match with carracerptp :scared: when he signs up at the last possible moment because he just can't resist! :sly:

:lol:

If all goes well I'll be in the VCRC lounge @ 3pm EDT / 8pm BST for practice racing. :D
There was a rumour that RDAardvark may be there as well. :)

when he signs up at the last possible moment because he just can't resist! :sly:

:lol:

I really want to race the Karmann Ghia and it seem like fun but I really don't think I have the time to find "battles".

I would hate to sign up and not fully commit :)

I really want to race the Karmann Ghia and it seem like fun but I really don't think I have the time to find "battles".

I would hate to sign up and not fully commit :)

I know you're good with the commitment to scheduled races, and that's commendable. :)
But that's the beauty of this league!
If you do well enough (ahem-
alien.gif
-ahem), you need not commit as much time, & still be competitive.

Here Im Melon Im intested:tup:

Whoo-hoo! I immediately challenge you for the pre-season event in the Kharmann Ghia @ Rome.
(I really want a rematch after Wednesday! :sly:)

Okey i checked my garage and i do have 2 Kharmann Ghia's and several Subaru 360's. Im ready to race:tup: I challenge you Melon (even though i may lose:lol:) Anybody else want to challenge me?:sly: im all ready:D

Okey i checked my garage and i do have 2 Kharmann Ghia's and several Subaru 360's. Im ready to race:tup: I challenge you Melon (even though i may lose:lol:) Anybody else want to challenge me?:sly: im all ready:D

I'll challenge you, but get ready for you to win. :P

By the way I can't be there on Wed. 13 :scared:

It's okay sorry we didn't get to race today.

Fantastic racing with John Wells. 👍 Super close finishes.

RDAardvark the genius of googledocs is working on a FORM for us to use to input our results. 👍
But until that's ready to go here's my 1st results.

RESULTS REPORT

Racer: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Opponent: John Wells / johnwells69
Round # pre-season
Event # pre-season
Race #1 Winner: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race #2 Winner: John Wells / johnwells69
Race #3 Winner: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Opponent TE&SI Score: 5

Errrm, does any kind soul have the Karmann Ghia? I barely ever use the UCD/OCD so I've only got like 300 cars after having this game since Christmas 2010 playing most days.

Good woek winning those races melon, I was watching and wow it was tight all the way. Last race was the most exciting to watch. You led first two laps, looking like you would sail away with an easy win. Then you made a mistake going out on the start finish straight and John takes the lead and looks to get enough of a lead to secure the victory. But then melon gets a real good exit from the twisty bits at the bottom of the hill and john not so much. Melon passes, both slides round the last corner but melon get most speed out of it and wins.. just.

My first race got postponed so i guess my race with ace tomorrow might be my first instead. .)

@ akmuq
:lol: :rolleyes:
Send FR to PSN: redshifting
(which you should do so anyway)
I'll send you one from there at my next opportunity.

haha what the heck?! how were you supposed to race me earlier tonight if you didn't have the car? ^^ Feels like you're really missin out on a lot just having 300 of over 1000 cars though, you should get more. ;)

haha what the heck?! how were you supposed to race me earlier tonight if you didn't have the car? ^^ Feels like you're really missin out on a lot just having 300 of over 1000 cars though, you should get more. ;)

I was sure I had it because I remember driving it ?!?!?!

And well, I spend most of my time on GT5 racing online instead of driving different cars, I'd sign up to a series for the racing rather than the car itself.:)

Ok that can happen sometimes I guess ^^

Of course the racing is the most important part, but having such a wide variety of cars makes the racing experience richer in my opinion, and it makes it possible to join more online races with specific demands. :)

I have about 1300 cars, but you seem to have ways to bring out extras of every car you drive.. and other accounts from which you can share cars. It's pretty impressive. I only have 1 of most of my cars. It's only recently that i've started buying some duplicates, because i felt that it could be nice, if you have to mod one of them you'll have one in original form. Still thinks the UCD is a bit lame, I'd rather just have everything like in the NCD, they could still be used if they want it realistic in some way but man what a struggle it can be to find a specific car. Have been looking for a single car for months now.

Well, MOST of my cars are vintage, and duplicates of those.
I do have SEVERAL of the Kharmann Ghia. :)
Also, I buy any vintage from the OCD on multiple accounts.
I also started buying cars in "low mileage form", to replace the high mileage ones. But then I just leave the high mileage ones just in case. lol
And yes, many of my cars have been tuned with permanent modifications. And now that we have "tuning: prohibited" - I started buying cars even though I had them already. Sometimes I don't remember if I have an unmodified one, so I just buy it anyway, because that's quicker than going to my garage and double checking before buying another. ^^

The ones I have duplicates of are often vintage aswell but sometimes i fall in love with some weird cars.. or no, the cars ain't weird, they are the plainest and dullest cars around probably (in everyone elses mind) but suddenly i see something that makes me craaave a car. I think last time was a grey VW Bora.. it was so beautiful.. just couldn't keep my hands off it. :P

But yes, buying without checking is my thing too, the menus are faaar too slow to jump between the garage and the shop like that. That's probably the thing I would love the most if they could improve.. just give up those fancy animations and complicated menus with special music for every menu and things like that.. just do a simple and fast menu! how hard could it be? ^^ Oh and when they have these slow menus.. making you go in and out of the menu cut off by the looong and tedious presentation of the car, every friggin time you by a car! sheeesh i'm dying here. I want to buy several cars at once and i want it to be shown fast, like they fixed it when you recieve multiple cars from the car delivery. That's perfect.

Yeah I can't be bothered to go back & forth from UCD to garage, it takes WAY too long. Easier & faster to just buy the cars.
I've wondered why the OCD & UCD don't have that car delivery option... Like let you check off the stuff you want that's currently available and just buy them all at once.

Back