Vintage Showdown *VCRC* Round #1- Merc '54 & Subaru '58 - All Welcome!

If someone can send me the car please?

Once done I'll do some practice before I become available for racing. :L

You're on the list right after Akmuq for spare cars. 👍

Make sure you send FRs to:

PSN: VCRC
PSN: redshifting

Who wants to match up? I'm really open to anyone right now because I really need to get this together.

My dance card should be filling up, but I'll post when I can get on tomorrow, and see who I can match up with. 👍

Everyone's keeping so quiet about their matches. :confused:
It's a big secret. :odd:
:lol:

I should be able to get on the PS3 shortly and I'll send you a FR.
Send me a PM once you have done that and I'll jump back on the PS3 and send you the car.

Let me know what times you are available over the next couple of days and perhaps we can have a race?

Don't really understand what you're talking about with that time, what starts 10:13? But welcome! Read the rules a couple of times because this series will demand some work from yourself to get any racing done. ;)

@ ZedMan1996
WELCOME! So far I'm thinking it's awesome! I really enjoyed my 1st match of racing. It was exciting, and with my racing pal who I have usually had good battles with on track. 👍

I'm not sure what you mean 10:13?

You set up your matches whenever is good for you and the opponents you're doing 1-to-1 battles with. 👍

For example, the Pre-Season round is open now until Wednesday:

Pre-Season Qualifying Round Event
Round Opening: Now
Round Deadline: Wednesday 12 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
img.php

Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68
Comfort Medium Tires
3 laps @ Rome

This means the deadline for completing your matches & reporting your results for the pre-season round is Wednesday @ 11pm BST (London time)

Meaning you can do your matches whenever you want before that.

This is a countdown to how much time you have left:
img.php

For round 1:
Round #1 "The 50's"

Round Opening: Friday 14 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
Round Deadline: Wednesday 26 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
img.php

Event #1
Subaru SUBARU 360 '58 (Prize car: Aspec Beginner Series World Classic Car Series)
Comfort Medium Tires
4 laps @ Scoot Round Tokyo (tokyo bay kart)

scootroundtokyobywat3rm370n1.jpg

Available shared on PSN: redshifting
Track instructions:
Load track, time 08:00, time progression: 10
Open track option again, hit okay. (this explains why you again hit okay)

Event #2
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 (Premium in the New Car Dealership)
Comfort Soft Tires
3 laps @ Laguna Seca

Again, there's the deadline.
The reason there's an "opening date" is to allow me time to collate results & points standings in between rounds.
Of course you can start your battles before that time (how would I know? lol) But the reason you would want to wait for the previous round points standings results is because the points standings of your competitors MAY influence who you want to challenge in some cases. ^^ :)

@ Phouchg : don't call it "work" - that's a 4-letter word. :P :lol:
It's not that bad. Like look yesterday, John Wells (my rival in MANY races) signed up, and within a few hours, we completed our match. :) 👍

BTW: The pre-season session took us about a half hour of time, perhaps a little less. All of the events in each round will take about 30-45 minutes to complete. 👍
Many of us don't have a lot of time to practice, and there's quite a few rivals to choose from, so I think the chances of everyone having a lot of good exciting races is quite high. :)

Welcome!

That's the beauty of this league, is that you can participate as much or little as you like.
And with just 2 matches per round, you can conceivably be competitive for season points. 👍

Note: It's been suggested to me that perhaps I can do some assistance in match making... who would like that?
Of course I'm not familiar with every racer signed up, and their general performance levels. But I have some idea of many of the racers, so if I make a suggestion of a match, it will be because I have some idea that the racers are competitive with each other. 👍
(ie: I would not pair myself with Akmuq! :lol: :scared:)

(ie: I would not pair myself with Akmuq! :lol: :scared:)

Damn it, I mean, oh yeah, seems fair.

>.>

<.<

Anyway, I got the FR to redshifting, and will make sure to go UCD/OCD'ing more often so I don't have to scab off others, like I seem to for every VCRC event.:guilty:

^^

Yeah I realized now that my spares are on my acct. :dunce:
You can delete me after I send you the car.

And it's okay some of these cars are unusual.
(Though, the ghia has been on the OCD twice this year already. :lol: :dopey:)

The cars for the season are all either premium or prize cars, and some have been used in previous VCRC races. 👍

Rounds event info:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7573749#post7573749

Cars for the season:
Subaru SUBARU 360 '58 (Prize car: Aspec Beginner Series World Classic Car Series)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 (Premium in the New Car Dealership)
Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81 (Prize car: Aspec Professional Series Sports Car Cup 80's Festival)
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 (Prize car: Bspec Amateur Series Festival Italia)
Honda CITY Turbo II '83 (Prize car: Bspec Expert Series Turbo)
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater (Z32) '89 (Premium in the New Car Dealership)

Should I race one of you, once the both of you done racing each other ? I'm still a bit clueless about the race procedures .... I might join in the lounge to watch how you guys do it.

RESULTS REPORT

Racer: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Opponent: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Round # pre-season
Event # pre-season
Race #1 Winner: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Race #2 Winner: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race #3 Winner: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Opponent TE&SI Score: 5

Back