Vintage Showdown *VCRC* Round #1- Merc '54 & Subaru '58 - All Welcome!

RESULTS REPORT

Racer: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Opponent: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Round # pre-season
Event # pre-season
Race #1 Winner: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Race #2 Winner: watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
Race #3 Winner: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Opponent TE&SI Score: 5

:D:tup:

I'm extremely happy that you have created this league!! I tried a while ago with no avail :P

Looking forward to it :)

The integrity thing I believe.

On my phone posting results:
Pre season @ Rome, 3 laps

Xstylez(Xstylez---X) v RDAardvark

Qualifying: RDAardvark
Race 1: Xstylez (Xstylez---X)
Race 2: Xstylez (Xstylez---X)
Race 3: Xstylez (Xstylez---X)

Opponent te&si : 5

I'm guessing the TE&SI is how clean the player is or how close the racing is between them. I'm also assuming that the highest is 5, so I'll give a 5.

If I'm online tomorrow, probably around 7 or 8PM, I'll be up for a challenge.:)

I've already got my 3rd match scheduled w/ Handlebar.

I think these people are still looking for matches for the Kharmann Ghia:
European Time Zones:
  • Akmuq / GTP_akmuq / UK (BST/GMT)
    clock.gif
  • MSTER232 / MSTER232 / UK (BST/GMT)
    clock.gif
  • Carbonox / Carbonox / Eastern European (EEST/EET)
    clock.gif
  • John Wells / johnwells69 / UK (BST/GMT)
    star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
    star.gif
  • ZedMan1996 / ZedMan1996 / UK (BST/GMT)
    clock.gif
Americas Time Zones:
img.php

Last edited:
I currently have one match set up. Do we need 3 or is that just a recommendation?

Oh, and what's a good time around Rome? I did 4 laps in the lounge earlier and got a 1'52, but saw how you could shave off time easily, not sure weather or not ABS is faster or not though, tried both for a bit, it's more about rallying the car really.

Still looking for one more setup, free to go for it now.

Me and GT916: He had to leave during second race, so we'll resume on that later.

Wonder what the fastest time around the track is. I got 1:52.3

In the race last week, for qualifying at Rome, I believe the best time was 1:51.x
I've never gotten that low though. :(

I currently have one match set up. Do we need 3 or is that just a recommendation?

For the pre-season, that's just a recommendation. (Though it will effect your posted points for the pre-season event, obviously.)

But come the league season rounds, you would need a minimum of 2 to be competitive for league points. If you do 3, then your worst match is dropped... so obviously it MAY behoove you to do all 3 matches. 👍
Hope that makes sense. ? ?

Nobody's obligated to do every match for every event in every round though, of course. :)

Last edited:
Not with a high mileage car :(, mine is sitting with over 40,000 miles on the odo, the hp difference alone would mean slower lap times.

Racer: GranTurismo916 / atongo619
Opponent: Xstylez / Xstylez---x
Round # Pre-Season
Event # Pre-Season
Race #1 Winner: Xstylez / Xstylez---x
Race #2 Winner: Xstylez / Xstylez---x
Race #3 Winner: Xstylez / Xstylez---x
Opponent TE&SI Score: 5

Great races, close at times. 👍

Xstylez now leading in points for the pre-season round.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7573748#post7573748
Unofficial Pre-Season Qualifying Round Points Standings (pending 3rd match drop)
  1. Xstylez / Xstylez---X (30pts / 2)
  2. watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n (24pts / 2)
  3. GranTurismo916 / atongo619 (22pts / 2)
  4. John Wells / johnwells69 (11pts / 1)
  5. RDAardvark / RDAardvark (9pts / 1)
4 match results reported
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7573750#post7573750

Anyone else up for some racing at Rome? I'm in the UK, so it's a little awkward for you folks in the USA, but I'll race with anyone! I'm busy this evening so it would have to be tomorrow evening (say 8pm UK time onwards).

Carbon, akmuq and ace! i have this wonderfully brilliant idea that we all meet up tonight and do some races with each other ^^ 8 pm CEST or something like that.. wouldn't it be great?

Carbon, akmuq and ace! i have this wonderfully brilliant idea that we all meet up tonight and do some races with each other ^^ 8 pm CEST or something like that.. wouldn't it be great?

👍

IIRC that's 7PM here so likely on a half hour later, do your first races with one of them if possible. Excited for this.:D:tup:

What would that time translate to in EST? About 3 or 4 I'm guessing.

👍

IIRC that's 7PM here so likely on a half hour later, do your first races with one of them if possible. Excited for this.:D:tup:

You are correct about the time, how about we start 8pm BST / 9pm CEST / 3pm EDT. It seemed to work out better for Ace and maybe for you aswell?

edit: that would be in 2 hours 23 minutes from now

edit2: ok seems ace had a bit more time difference than i thought so he can't be in until 22BST so maybe we could just do it with carb and akmuq at 20pm BST then. :)

Last edited:
Well, whatever time you guys get going, it will be likely Carb and you on beforehand, but if not I'm there to start by 8.:)

8 BST is 3 EST

Back