Vintage Showdown *VCRC* Round #1- Merc '54 & Subaru '58 - All Welcome!

Aceboy127 is a complete
alien.gif
with the low hp cars!!! :lol:

I'm staying FAR away from any challenges with him in, AHEM, Round #3 / Event #5 :rolleyes:
omfg.gif

Racer: aceboy127 / aceboy127
Opponent: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Round # Pre-season
Event # Pre-season
Race #1 Winner: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Race #2 Winner: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Race #3 Winner: aceboy127 / aceboy127
Opponent TE&SI Score: 5

Hey melon, when did you get a 4 in TE&SI? I thought both game you 5s? Anyway I noticed that you forgot to put mine and Carbons race in the results. :)

By the way, the Subaru 360 is the slowest car in the game isn't it? Or is it the 2CV?

I think the 2CV is slower... in a straight line.
It has slightly more torque I think than the 360, but the 360 has more HP, and a better power/weight ratio.
Of course the Subaru 360's handling is kind of squirrelly. :boggled:
And let us not forget the Mazda Carol 360. :D It has more hp than either the 2CV or the Subaru 360, but the Carol is heavier than the other 2 and has less torque than either of the other 2. PLUS, the Subaru 360 has a better power to weight ratio than the Carol.
All this means of course is that they're all quite slow, but if you have any sort of an incline, you're slightly better off in the Subaru 360 than the Carol... perhaps.
And that's just Japan. Not to forget the vintage Fiat 500s, with varying specs under the limbo stick. :)

Maybe I'll have to come up with some kind of hot lap contest to pit all these cars against each other. 💡

Hey melon, when did you get a 4 in TE&SI?

It was probably for a game of chicken. :guilty:
Or payback for the Ghia @ Motegi last week. :lol:
Or someone is reserving 5s for some really spectacular exhibit of sportsmanship!!! :lol:

I think the 2CV is slower... in a straight line.
It has slightly more torque I think than the 360, but the 360 has more HP, and a better power/weight ratio.
Of course the Subaru 360's handling is kind of squirrelly. :boggled:
And let us not forget the Mazda Carol 360. :D It has more hp than either the 2CV or the Subaru 360, but the Carol is heavier than the other 2 and has less torque than either of the other 2. PLUS, the Subaru 360 has a better power to weight ratio than the Carol.
All this means of course is that they're all quite slow, but if you have any sort of an incline, you're slightly better off in the Subaru 360 than the Carol... perhaps.
And that's just Japan. Not to forget the vintage Fiat 500s, with varying specs under the limbo stick. :)

Maybe I'll have to come up with some kind of hot lap contest to pit all these cars against each other. 💡

It was probably for a game of chicken. :guilty:
Or payback for the Ghia @ Motegi last week. :lol:
Or someone is reserving 5s for some really spectacular exhibit of sportsmanship!!! :lol:

You should pit them against each other in a lap round the nürburgring ;) it will be comical to seem them all trying to reach the top of the hill. :P

I think I might have deserved some 4s if you deserved one but my competition have been to kind to give me 4 ^^

Racer: Carbonox / Carbonox
Opponent: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Round # Pre-season
Event # Pre-season
Race #1 Winner: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Race #2 Winner: Phouchg / xNikodemusx
Race #3 Winner: Carbonox / Carbonox
Opponent TE&SI Score: 4 just because of the Race 1 tap, otherwise worth a 5 :P

Not much time left for the pre-season round...
Pre-Season Qualifying Round Event
Round Opening: Now
Round Deadline: Wednesday 12 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
img.php

Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68
Comfort Medium Tires
3 laps @ Rome

This pre-season round does not count for season points.
BUT, it's a good way to have some practice with the format 👍

But that's okay if you missed it, it was "practice". :D

Round #1 opens this week, starting the season!

(You are allowed to make your matches before the round opening. The round opening is simply delayed so that I have time to post the results, and everyone can see the results, from the previous round, as that may influence your decisions on making matches. 👍)

And there's plenty of time to complete your 3 matches in 2 events for Round #1. 👍

Round #1 "The 50's"

Round Opening: Friday 14 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
Round Deadline: Wednesday 26 September @ 22:00 UTC/GMT (6pm US EDT / 3pm US PDT / 11pm UK BST)
img.php

Event #1
Subaru SUBARU 360 '58 (Prize car: Aspec Beginner Series World Classic Car Series)
Comfort Medium Tires
4 laps @ Scoot Round Tokyo (tokyo bay kart)

scootroundtokyobywat3rm370n1.jpg

Available shared on PSN: redshifting
Track instructions:
Load track, time 08:00, time progression: 10
Open track option again, hit okay. (this explains why you again hit okay)

Event #2
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 (Premium in the New Car Dealership)
Comfort Soft Tires
3 laps @ Laguna Seca

I have to double check and make sure I have the 360, even though I am sure I do. I just don't know if I have one that is stock.

I have to double check and make sure I have the 360, even though I am sure I do. I just don't know if I have one that is stock.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
(I'm imagining the various things you may have been doing with a modified Subaru 360. :D)

I'll be taking an inventory of spares.
Also, it's a prize car so if you have another acct where you didn't do that event, you can win one for yourself.

Each Round has 2 events.
Each Event has 3 races.
For each event, you can make 3 matches.

You can mix & match, you don't have to match up with the same people for each event in a round. Unless you want to.
Example (just an example), I may race John Wells and Aceboy127 in both the Subaru & the Mercedes, but maybe I'll do the Subaru with the Swede & the Mercedes with Atongo.

Your 3rd match set, of lowest score, will be dropped from your points for that event, so you really only NEED to do 2 matches, but obviously it may behoove you to make the 3 matches happen & try your luck. :)

So yeah, technically you can do up to 18 races in total.
And technically, you can be racing up to 6 different rival drivers per round.
(Or do as little as 12 races with as few as 2 different rivals, and still be competitive for points for the season. 👍)

@carbonox: That TE&SI score seems fair, wasn't sure if I hit you or not but apparantly I did and then I don't deserve a full 5. :)

Exciting to get started with the real races soon :) this time i'll probably just race with people who show up in VCRC and ask for competition. or something like that. :P

Boohoo can't change wheels on the Merc, now I can't have mustard yellow with black wheels :(:(

I can do one more match for the pre-season round, probably provided I work down my to-do list for the day before 2-3pm EDT (7-8pm BST)

I was originally going to match up with Handlebar - but he's had a pretty busy & tight schedule the past week, so that hasn't come about.
(Note: I'm immediately challenging Handlebar in the Subaru 360 & Merc 54 for Round #1!!! :D)

Note: You are free to start making your plans & matches for Round #1 if you like.
(The opening date is a suggestion to allow for people to gauge their preferred opponents, & get their vehicles in order.)

I'm trying (hopefully well enough) to help RDAardvark come up with a form & database kind of thing, where everyone can submit results & such and have things automatically sort, which hopefully will be helpful. :)
So hopefully we'll get that together in the next week. :)
THANK YOU RDAARDVARK!!! :) :)
:bowdown:

Boohoo can't change wheels on the Merc, now I can't have mustard yellow with black wheels :(:(

I think the wheels are dependent on the colour you buy it in in the NCD.
I happen to like the WeiB wheels.
But I think when you re-paint it, the interior becomes red no matter what.
It's a bizarre kind of thing. Happens with the premium vintage Fiat 500 too.

I have one that's already broken in from a race we did months ago, so that's the car I'll be using. I may repaint it though. :)

Loove the original wheels, but they weren't black! Thanks for the tip though *off to buy black merc*

edit: By the way, who knew the Merc would be so fantastically understeery, it's gonna be a challenge to get it round Laguna Seca. :P

Last edited:
The Subaru is a prize car:
Aspec Beginner Series World Classic Car Series
So if you have an acct where you haven't done that yet, very easy to complete that.

The vintage Mercedes is in the new car dealership. :D 👍

Back