GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
TomMcD
Well I probably won't get in since I'm not racing the 600 and at HSR (I'll take 2/3 there) but I don't mind to be perfectly honest. Cheers mate.

All about the team then dude. Keeping you here is massive for the team during the Chase. Valuable asset!!

Office Depot 135km Results:

1. #88 RFLX_Niop(47 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #42 Spurgy777(Pole Position, 12 laps led) - 18 points, +2 bonus points
3. #43 JoeOfTheFire(1 lap led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #43 Smuffyatfcp - 14 points - +9 points for Droptop2001gt
5. #83 RedPartyHat - 12 points
6. #24 Knelly - 11 points
7. #99 MULE_9242 - 10 points
8. #14 Furinkazen - 9 points
9. #83 MattyMc1996 - 8 points
10. #20 Carbonox - 7 points
11. #24 Tom_97_COD - 6 points(DNS after lobby crashed)?

It looks as if everyone learned their lessons after Monza, I watched the first 12 laps and only saw 3 cuts. I don't think it's necessary to review every car for ever lap. But that's Drop's call, and I can do so if needed.

I enjoy racing with you guys and I enjoy being part of this series. When it comes to family and league organization, I believe we are one of the best out of any other series. I really don't want it all to end like how it is.

I think there should be some rule changes here in Nascar GTP to minimize the frustration. 2 tires on the kerb for one thing (monza feels more like driving down the interstate with a cop sitting at every over pass), one race per season at SSRX I think is enough as well. There's multiple Daytona races which is good enough. That's my 2 cents, you can kill me for it I guess (hope not!!).

I for one, having originally launched this, don't want to see this die. Besides everything has one bad week or two. I know I'll get hate for using this, but TOCA had some times when grids plummeted in Season 3 to around 7 cars, and had a poor half season as well... and now still has 12-16 car grids every week. GTP NASCAR will survive.

Last edited:
4. #43 Smuffyatfcp

Great job, Smuffy! Thank you for filling in for me yesterday, and for doing a kickass job in the process! :cheers:

It looks as if everyone learned their lessons after Monza, I watched the first 12 laps and only saw 3 cuts. I don't think it's necessary to review every car for ever lap. But that's Drop's call, and I can do so if needed.
That's completely your call. You are in charge, and if everyone in here is OK with the results as they stand, I won't be interfering. 👍

Edit - Here was my view from last night:

2RUwx.jpg

I would have posted it last night, but for some odd reason, I couldn't get a good signal on my SPRINT phone at a Sprint Cup race. :dunce:

Last edited:
Drivers:
1. #88 RFLX_Niop - 112 points (3 wins)
2. #99 MULE_9242 - 73 points (1 win)
3. #42 Spurgy777 - 67 points
4. #43 JoeOfTheFire - 66 points
5. #83 RedPartyHat - 64 points
6. #43 Droptop2001gt - 63 points (1 win)
7. #24 Tom_97_COD - 60 points (1 win)
----------------------------------------
8. #24 Knelly - 59 points (Wild Card)
----------------------------------------
9. #20 Carbonox - 56 points
10. #83 MattyMc1996 - 46 points
11. #14 Furinkazen - 45 points
12. #48 ACDCROCKS123 - 36 points
13. #42 GTP_Akmuq - 24 points
14. #18 Mudd - 22 points
15. #11 GTP_Litchi - 16 points
16. #48 Dexter_White5150 - 11 points

Teams:
HMS - 192
Ford - 162
SGR - 128
JGR - 107
RBR - 105

Manufacturers:
Chevy - 46
Ford - 36
Toyota - 32

Nice mate. Hope you enjoyed it.

It was a blast. I always forget how much more fun it is in person, since you are able to watch whatever you want on track, without being forced to watch the leader run around by himself all night on TV. There were great battles for position all over the track, and it was really cool to see those play out over the course of the night. I'm guessing the TV coverage made it seem like the only thing happening on the track was the 2 or 11 car running off and driving around by themselves for a hundred laps at a time. We had such a great time last night that we're thinking about grabbing some tickets for Martinsville in two weeks. :)

Can I recommend we use Hards on Saturday for the All Star races? There's no pitting strategy involved with these, and we are all used to the Hards.

Last edited:
Further question for the All Star race. Are the qualifiers only open to those with a registered seat, or are those who have jumped into a race in either SC or NNS allowed to try and qualify?

Can I recommend we use Hards on Saturday for the All Star races? There's no pitting strategy involved with these, and we are all used to the Hards.
We'll stick to medium tires. I would like it if the tires were at least partly a factor in the NW, Open, and first Main Event race. Running hard tires guarantees that tires will play no factor at all in the race.

Further question for the All Star race. Are the qualifiers only open to those with a registered seat, or are those who have jumped into a race in either SC or NNS allowed to try and qualify?

The different race grids should be locked in at this point. The only real place to "jump in" would be in the NW race, where any 15 non-Sprint Cup drivers could start. The Sprint Cup seats are definitely all locked in at this point. If a Sprint Cup driver doesn't show up, that car simply isn't present for the race.

The fields should consist of the following:

NW race: 15 cars (substitutes allowed), 3 drivers per team

Sprint Cup Open Qualifying race: 14 cars (Carbonox, GTP_Litchi, Mudd, RedPartyHat, Matty, Furinkazen, Spurgy777, plus the top 7 finishers from the NW race)

Sprint All-Star Main Event races: 12 cars (ACDCROCKS123, Droptop2001gt, MULE_9242, Knelly, RFLX_Niop, JoeOfTheFire, Tom_97_COD, plus the top 5 finishers from the Open Qualifying race)

Nationwide teams can have any non-Sprint Cup driver fill in for an absent regular NW driver. If the substitute driver advances, he must run in the next race. The absent driver is not allowed to show up and drive in a later race that he didn't qualify for himself.

For the 14 registered Sprint Cup drivers, NO substitutions are allowed. If I don't show up, Mule can't have someone else fill in for my spot in the Main Event race. I'm just not there, so I miss out. No extra qualifiers will be allowed to transfer if a registered Sprint Cup driver does not show up. The race is simply run without the Sprint Cup driver in the field.

Oh dear. Have to double post here. A video from MULE just cropped up on my Youtube feed. Seems he will be making an issue of what happened between him and Knelly...

Furinkazen
Oh dear. Have to double post here. A video from MULE just cropped up on my Youtube feed. Seems he will be making an issue of what happened between him and Knelly...

Link?

Forgot to announce apparently, but here goes: Neljack will be the JGR / KBM team leader for the rest of the season. Kinda like what happened to Hendrick last season, except right now it would seem that JGR has no SC eligible drivers, so they'll be racing for team points only, in the case they get drivers for the last few races.

I will never stress myself with SC stuff again and will only serve as an advisor at best.

That's what I forgot to do, meant to look over the replay, from what Mule's just uploaded, there definitely wasn't a big enough gap there.

Yep, seen them (thanks Furi). You can see completely that I am off the gas as I come up to him, as well as before the corner, and that I hug the inside line.

And that the gap was (only just) there for me to coast inside, before Mule drifted slightly into my line for us to rub. After the first rub it was a case of controlling the car, which ended up pushing Mule off ... unintentionally.

Also a case of me in the high 70's against Mule in the high 60's, as well as a slight tap of the brakes that in my opinion was unwarranted, but hey ho.

Saying all that, maybe I should have tapped the brakes myself with the knowledge that I was faster (after coasting behind him for the whole lap). Again, I had no intention of passing him there (or Divebombing as he so elegantly put it) but the difference in speed momentum carried me through. For what it's worth, on my part, it was completely unintentional and I apologise .... again.

EDIT : Interested in Mule's cockpit view, which he left out!

Sorry but I have to defend Knelly here....

^ if he was slow why wouldn't he just take the high line n let off thus letting u pass cleanly n finish the race the way you deserve?? Was there really a reason to block for more than a lap? I don't get it.....just sounds childish.

When I'm a slow car on track I swollow my pride n let others pass. If u think ur fast but really ain't or r angry that ur slow then get off the track or outta the way. Or don't race in the race.....with all this bs in the leagues, I've been waiting to race now for two weeks n with the all star race that's three weeks. Then we can get back to ovals or what they call NASCAR not all this other garbage that's PURE.

Yes there's your Crazy-bassist rant that y'all been missing. But really its not, its just me calling out another stooge in our league. What if I posted youtube vids of all the divebombs I've suffered from? I think I would just look more like a wuss than anything.

Bottom line is Mule is taking something small that's partially his fault n making it into something its not. And Knelly is a great driver with great experience n shouldn't be degraded by this non-sense.

Oh dear. Think you need some more coffee Ken :lol:

Would like it noted that I did not think that Mule was blocking me for the lap. There is nowhere to pass there so I was happy sitting behind him as the full lap replay would show, using a lot of throttle control so as not to get inside of the slower car. Again, I had already planned for the overtake on the straight, but Mule was just far too slow in comparison, and when he went wide I coasted down inside (no throttle) hugging the inside line as had nowhere to go.

Just wish Mule would have come to me first rather than just posting on You Tube, and make a deal out it. That's the childish part.

Oh, and thank you Ken for the support. I appreciate it.

YouTube is blocked at work, so I can't see anything. However, it was said before the race that Niop would be the race steward for Suzuka. I'll let him review the tape, and decide how to handle any reported incidents. Since this weekend's race is not for points, we have plenty of time to handle incidents before the next points race.

@Ken, it doesn't matter how slow you are, if you're fighting for position you're allowed to defend it, there is no reason to let someone by, and no one should expect you to either. Mule was just driving his line around the track, and Knelly decided to go for a gap that wasn't there instead of braking. I will say however that a "divebomb" is intentionally going for a gap that isn't there and will result in contact, this was a split second decision that was completely unplanned, it was just unfortunate that it was the wrong one.
Also, if you had been divebombed a lot, then I would expect any host to crack down on the people doing it straight away, divebombing is a completely invalid tactic for overtaking and is ruining motorsport all around the world.
@Knelly, as I said to Ken, I think you should have used your brakes instead of going for the inside, but we all make mistakes and judge a situation wrongly, don't think there was anything purposeful in what you did. 👍:)

Keep bringing it up, and maybe someone will report it. 👍

Just making a point, i'm talking about the race. IMO the Knelly incident was a racing incident. Mule was very slow all race and Knell slightly misjudged. It happens.

Back