CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Back when races where won by drivers, not by cars...

Kind of sad to see that Formula 1 is just about who has found some newly engineered miracle part that bends the rules.

Too bad there is no reliable/public way to watch SuperGT in Europe. Touring and Grand Touring championships with running BOPs are definitely more fun to watch than the F1 Technology showoff.

I remember when they said F1 (back then) was unfair for the lower teams as they didn't have the technology to compete??? Hasn't it gone back that way (but even more so??? - not that I thought is was 'unfair' back during the end of the 80's early 90's)

Besides, the cars now are too long and narrow these days :indiff: looking at the 1992 season, THAT was an F1 car in my mind :) Like you say, drivers....

I remember when they said F1 (back then) was unfair for the lower teams as they didn't have the technology to compete??? Hasn't it gone back that way (but even more so??? - not that I thought is was 'unfair' back during the end of the 80's early 90's)

Besides, the cars now are too long and narrow these days :indiff: looking at the 1992 season, THAT was an F1 car in my mind :) Like you say, drivers....

F1 is still an awesome spectacle, but it is not what it once was. My most recent race attendance was Belgium last year. Although fab, I don't think it is as special as the various Grand Prix I attended in the early '90s...

You mention 1992, well back then you had 3 different engine configurations... V8s, V10s, and the glorious V12s of Honda, Ferrari and Lambo... all making different and individual and frankly amazing noises:

The Honda V12 was glorious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePsJ8LmHIXc

Here is a mixture of V8 and V12:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UcdQXzK1w0

:bowdown::D

F1 is not very fan-friendly any more. For my live motorsport fix, I just love the BTCC. Touring cars are exciting, action packed and allow the fans to get close to the drivers. I was at Silverstone last weekend and met and got autographs of about two thirds of the grid! It's fab!!!

OmniusGT
The tables were updated on Friday night Dowlin :lol:

My apologies, the leaderboards havnt been appearing on my phone since the N24.
Would you mind if i asked you to put the Standings up on Facebook aswell Omnius? Because for some reason i can only see the standings from before Fridays race :confused:

Last edited:
RH-CLUB.png

Round 8 Heat 1 - Deep Forest Reverse - Club Race - 12.8.12

1-15.png

A welcome return to our Club Cars! Dowlin39 on Pole 👍

2-17.png

As the pack dives into turn 1, Dowlin39 keeps P1

3-17.png

Geordie139, our current season leader knows every point counts

4-17.png

OmniusALX knows this weekend of racing doesn't look too promising as GUEST racer GTP_Hasslemoff keeps pace

5-17.png

H_enry_T off to a flyer! 👍

6-17.png

Third_Reign pushing too hard almost loses it :eek:

7-16.png

Lap after lap, we have a battle on our hands!

8-17.png

Third_Reign, Jammy_Rex, Geordie139 & Ade3210 match each others pace 👍

9-17.png

Hillracing make the breakthrough and takes Dowlin39's lead :D

10-17.png

As the race settles, H_enry_T smokes Jammy_Rex as the gaps start to appear...

11-17.png

H_enry_T 'drifts' his MR-S as the field starts to spread out

12-16.png

Too much 'drifting' or has H_enry_T got a tactical game up his sleave???

13-15.png

Ade3210 almost make a costly mistake :ouch:

14-15.png

Fuelmyfire steps the rear out on his quiet race :sly:

15-14.png

Arieracer in his debut Club Race finds an on form Ade3210 on his tale!

16-14.png

Is the pressure getting to Dowlin39??? as Hillracing and GUEST racer KOR_Hellrazor capitalise on Dowlin's wide turn 1 :crazy:

17-14.png

Luckly for Hillracing, Dowlin39 controls his 'off' narrowly missing the RX-8 :scared:

18-13.png

A few more laps for the battle for 1st, and Dowlin39 calls it a day (for now) and takes his Pitstop...as KOR_Hellrazor takes the 2nd spot behing Hillracing.

19-14.png

With Sunday Cup practice under his belt, Ade3210 doesn't let GTP_Hasslemoff get the better of him :D

20-14.png

A race OmniusALX is beginning to regret! Damn setup!!!! As Trotterlover79 makes it count

21-14.png

The ongoing battle with Ade3210 & GTP_Hasslemoff see's them both take Dowlin39 as he just exits the pits

22-14.png

Third_Reign into the pits for some new rubber

23-12.png

A dominating performance from KOR_Hellrazor, time for a new set while everyone else is deciding to pit :sly:

24-13.png

In on the same lap! Ade3210 & Geordie139....who will get the overlap???

25-13.png

Third_Reign makes good use of his new tyres as he closes on Geordie139 on colder rubber

26-13.png

More pitstop action as race leader Hillracing leaves as Fuelmyfire makes his first stop...

27-13.png

...just as Jammy_Rex & KOR_Hellrazor take 1st & 2nd 👍

28-12.png

KOR_Hellrazor & Jammy_Rex - In honour of Mansell & Senna :lol:

foto15.jpg

29-12.png

Hillracing can relax as Dowlin39 runs wide at turn 1!

30-11.png

As the race nears its end, everyone is being caught out at turn 1 as KOR_Hellrazor demonstrates :crazy:

31-10.png

...gifting Hillracing P1 :D

32-10.png

And AGAIN! :banghead: This time BOTH KOR_Hellrazor & Hillracing go off...

33-10.png

This time Dowlin39 is in luck as he see's Hillracing slide from oneside of the track to the other! :ouch:

34-9.png

Dowlin39 only needs Hillracing to control his spinning RX-8 :nervous:

35-9.png

Cleanly past and into 2nd goes Dowlin39

36-8.png

After a promising start, Jammy_Rex finds himself down the field, only to lock up and hand his place to Geordie139

37-9.png

...even Ade3210 has JUST scraped through!!! :scared:

38-8.png

A master-class in racing from our GUEST racer KOR_Hellrazor 👍 An impressive race, Well Done 👍 👍 👍

39-8.png

Dowlin39 holds on for 2nd place, but is awarded maximum points as our GUEST racers don't score anything with 'joining' after the halfway point of the season. Congrats Dowlin 👍

RH-CLUB.png

Round 8 Heat 2 - Deep Forest Reverse - Club Race - 12.8.12

1-16.png

Anyother Club Race and OmniusALX would have enjoyed the chance to be on Pole for the reverse grid of Heat 2 :scared:

2-18.png

OmniusALX can only dream this is lap 20/20...

3-18.png

...unfortunately not! As the whole field stack up behind :nervous:

4-18.png

A tight pack approaches the first tunnel!

5-18.png

Hillracing runs wide! As all the nudging has caused GTP_Hasslemoff to drift too close to Dowlin39 who has clipped him! :scared::crazy:

6-18.png

Jammy_Rex is indeed 'jammy' as he nips through the carnage...

7-17.png

KOR_Hellrazor just manages to avoid the now spinning GTP_Hasslemoff as Dowlin39 runs out of road :ouch:

8-18.png

Trotterlover79 has to make a highspeed swerve to avoid Dowlin's Series One as he spins in the tunnel :eek:

9-18.png

H_enry_T is the main man in Heat 2 as Fuelmyfire pushes hard!

10-18.png

The level of competition is high here at DFR, it's still anyone's race 👍

11-18.png

Fuelmyfire is not letting up as H_enry_T holds onto the lead by fractions :D

12-17.png

Fuelmyfire almost leaves his braking too late! :scared:

13-16.png

...but manages to control his slide without causing a massive upset :scared:

14-16.png

Meanwhile, Third_Reign runs wide at turn 1 and the grass claims another victim!

15-15.png

H_enry_T & Fuelmyfire are having a right old 'ding-dong' for 1st!!!! :D 👍

16-15.png

...as the rest of the field close back up :D

17-15.png

As pitstops change the field around, Jammy_Rex overcooks it :scared:

18-14.png

...onto the grass goes Jammy_Rex as KOR_Hellrazor & Hillracing battle for that place as Geordie139 runs wide...

19-15.png

Jammy_Rex slide off the grass into the path of Hillracing :crazy::ouch:

20-15.png

Ade3210 & Geordie139 battle at the tunnel complex

21-15.png

Geordie139 has his turn 1 moment as H_enry_T keeps to his line

22-15.png

...only for Geordie139 to get into a tank-slapper right in front of his MR-S :scared:

23-13.png

Luckly Geordie139 shows great car control and *almost* controls it :D :lol:

24-14.png

Ade3210 dives in tight to avoid Geordie139 as he slides approaching the first tunnel...Jammy_Rex's NSX looks in a bad way :eek:

25-14.png

MASSIVE OFF in the tunnel...Arieracer is caught up in Geordie139's spin...

26-14.png

Arieracer takes the biggest hit! :ouch:

27-14.png

Plumes of tyre smoke fills the tunnel, only Arieracer & Geordie139 can be seen....

28-13.png

...Jammy_Rex isn't as lucky as H_enry_T who clears the carnage...

29-13.png

Arieracer, Jammy_Rex & Geordie139, survive, sort of... :crazy:

30-12.png

Jammy_Rex & Geordie139 - BATTLE CARS! :D

31-11.png

Battle for P1 - Fuelmyfire & KOR_Hellrazor

32-11.png

H_enry_T & Jammy_Rex pushing equally as hard, lighting up their tyres

33-11.png

Just as in Heat 1, OmniusALX's race is done, a bad night of racing... :grumpy:

34-10.png

Dowlin39 pushing for the lead...

35-10.png

...Hillracing touches the grass!!!!.....

36-9.png

Dowlin39 into the LEAD!!!! :D :D :D

37-10.png

:scared: Dowlin39 runs wide...

38-9.png

...running wide is one thing, but a comming to a sudden stop by hitting that staggered armco is bound to hurt! :ouch::ouch::ouch:

39-9.png

KOR_Hellrazor carrying that much pace over the blind crest has nowhere to go! :scared:

40-8.png

CONTACT! :crazy:

41-8.png

Fuelmyfire is also gifted a place :sly:

42-8.png

When it rains it pours....OmniusALX & Dowlin39 are caught out with turn 1 AGAIN :banghead:

43-8.png

This time Dowlin39 keeps it on the black 👍

44-8.png

KOR_Hellrazor makes it 2 out of 2 👍 Well done, good racecraft :D

45-8.png

Another 2nd for Dowlin39, but he claims max points again 👍

46-7.png

H_enry_T didn't have the best of races, but finishes off with a MONSTER drift 👍

Last edited:
Cheers Dan, sorry for the delay, but it always takes a bit longer than I think, more so when I've got the double heat races :dunce:

Pleased you could take part 👍

Cheers Dan, sorry for the delay, but it always takes a bit longer than I think, more so when I've got the double heat races :dunce:

Pleased you could take part 👍

I don't even want to think about how long that took.. Even just taking the pics alone is so time consuming, and it really shows that you take time on each one as they are all such excellent shots 👍

Thanks for the kind words Dan! I started capturing the photos at around 9 this morning...once exported and resized for the thread, then uploaded and linked on here...a quick few lines of 'write up' I was able to finally submit the report as we were about to start Qualifying in the SC :eek: :lol:

Awesome race reports Omnius :-) fantastic pics and great commentary. I particularly liked the reference to the Mansell / Senna moment from Barcelona '91!! B-)

The first half of race one went really quite well for me with some decent and reasonably consistent pace, but the 2nd half I really seemed to struggle with (I blame the 2nd set of tyres lol, just didn't seem to feel quite the same!!!). Anyway I was running in 5th after the pit stops but 2 silly mistakes saw me drop 3 places, 2 of them on the penultimate lap... D' oh!

Blimey my NSX was so battered come the end of race 2... But a series of collisions, none my fault, meant my race was really compromised. These midfield battles are really intense though, love it!

I'm a bit gutted as it's unlikely I'll be able to make the next race as it's my birthday and I'll probably have a few beers on board by then! B-) will keep you posted later in the week.

Cheers Jammy, cheers Ade :)

The delay in the SC tonight just gave me enough time to finish my report ;) :scared:

Yeah, two very different races for me. First one I hardly saw anyone and the second it was very different! Great pics as always :) now I need to buy Motegi...

With it being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, would it be ok for me to paint the NSX pink? Just for the next race.

Last edited:
Fuelmyfire
With it being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, would it be ok for me to paint the NSX pink? Just for the next race.

Absolutely, I've no problem with that :D or if anyone else wishes to do the same :)

Just thought it'd be a nice gesture to have a fleet of pink cars shown in the race report/pictures. Kinda following on from the thread already here on GTP.

Fuelmyfire
Just thought it'd be a nice gesture to have a fleet of pink cars shown in the race report/pictures. Kinda following on from the thread already here on GTP.

I couldn't agree more! :)

Check this out >>> Pink Fridays

Last edited:
Perfect:D so if there are no objections gogo get the LFA in pink and lets get some good pics this week :) I'd suggest keeping your wheel colours so they are still individual.

Yeah, just paint your car, not the wheels, also I think there is more than just the LFA 'pink' in the game, so a varying range of pinks would also look good in the photos :D

Well, I can only say that from now on I am looking for someone to teach me basic racing strategies. Seriously, I messed up both of my pit stops, and I thought I would be clever as 🤬 while doing them. Oh, and I could easily drift for 15 laps before my tires would be worn :lol:

And what plans are for the next seasons cars? I can't wait to change out my MR-S

Not long to go as S6 won't start until January, I am planning a couple of Endurance races using the new cars during December!!!

All I will say for now, the choice of Club Racing car will come from the premium garage :sly: (Season 4 & 5 have both used standards, felt like we needed to return to a premium model)

Obviously the Championship car will be a 'racing' premium....but you all knew that :D

Prius? :D

Henry, I think there are two strategies for pit stops. The first is to go into the race knowing how long your tires will last until you start losing time (More time than you would lose taking a stop). Generally you only need to stop once in the Club races and maybe twice or more in the NSX.

There is another way which requires you to make a judgement call if the people around you are causing you to lose time and if you were to stop would you have open track in which to gain time. This is what Hill and Dowlin did in the second Club race on Friday and it is why I came in on lap 11 in race one when I was planning on pitting lap 10 because I didn't want to come out in traffic.

So two ways: Firstly do the race online in your own lounge and work out the best times to pit or secondly pit according to what people do around you. The judgement calls really are more effective at the beginning of the race but will then mean you will have worn tires by the end (or at least more worn than the others around you, but if you have worked it out correctly you will be ahead of them at this point so you just have to keep steady). Also if you really want to take a gamble you can pit very early and get yourself into a lot of free space, until the others pit, where you were undoubtedly gain time (see Hill and Dowlin again).

I would say that a mixture is needed and this requires you to know how long the tires will last and you have to look at the map and work out where you will return to the track. If you pit a lap early or later than you wanted but it means you have an open road you will gain vast amounts of time; being behind a guy for even a lap can cost you upwards of a second (This can be seen in race one last Friday where I was pulling away from Ade at the beginning of the race because he was in a battle and I was not, however we were very similar in terms of lap time after the first stop when we were both in open space).

Hope this helps :)

Nice tips Fuel! 👍

Depending on how hard you drive or how quick your car setup will allow for cornering your pitstop strategy may not actually come into play...I guess there's only so much your driving style, car setup, pitstop strategy can effect the out come of a race.

Its about finding that balance and trying to make up for any weak areas in your race craft I guess :)

Last edited:
Another epic race report there,I look forward to the report almost as much as the race. 👍👍👍

Loving the pink idea aswell,lost the mother in law to a stroke when she was in to get a lump removed so i'll be as pink as pink can be. :sly:
We could even do a 1 lap cruise/photoshoot before or after the race to get some group shots of everyone in pink?? 💡

Special Race this Friday...

img.php

In support of Breast Cancer Awarness this month, this Friday's race will be a (check the link) PINK FRIDAY

EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO REPAINT YOUR CAR ONLY IN ANY SHADE OF PINK WITHIN THE GAME.

Also I will add the link to http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/ Who are a UK charity, where I got the 'Pink Friday' from - the original idea came from one of our new racers Fuelmyfire to raise the awarness since it's October :)

I'm sure we have or know someone who has been effected by breast cancer, and in our own way, in our virtual online racing worlds, its actually pretty cool to organise this for a good cause!

No obligation, but if anyone wanted to donate - Check HERE

Who said us gamers were all geeks and no heart!? :lol:

Ade3210 also mentioned us HERE ...I will edit that post to include our Race Highlights 👍

Last edited:
Special Race this Friday...

img.php

In support of Breast Cancer Awarness this month, this Friday's race will be a (check the link) PINK FRIDAY

EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO REPAINT YOUR CAR ONLY IN ANY SHADE OF PINK WITHIN THE GAME.

Also I will add the link to http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/ Who are a UK charity, where I got the 'Pink Friday' from - the original idea came from one of our new racers Fuelmyfire to raise the awarness since it's October :)

I'm sure we have or know someone who has been effected by breast cancer, and in our own way, in our virtual online racing worlds, its actually pretty cool to organise this for a good cause!

No obligation, but if anyone wanted to donate - Check HERE

Who said us gamers were all geeks and no heart!? :lol:

Ade3210 also mentioned us HERE ...I will edit that post to include our Race Highlights 👍

Good work my man.👍

Back