• 117 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
I meant to have this up sooner (along with the final tables for last season), but far more important real life things came up. But yeah, in this thread we discuss what we would like to do for the next Nationwide season. Last season went very well overall, despite all the bickering and fighting. One more time, congratulations to Drivers champion OwensRacing, and Teams champions RAB Racing (mustardaddict, D4LVY_, Matty, RedPartyhat and Grinols).

Feel free to put your name down if you're interested in running next season, and give your opinions on things. If you're interested in running, but don't want me to host again, feel free to say that as well. I wont mind.

So here are some things I have planned for next season:

-Tracks/Schedule
-10 or 11 race schedule, 2 dropped rounds.
-Monza and at least 1 SSRX race will likely be axed.
-High Speed Ring will be back, probably replacing Nurburging
-Suzuka East and Laguna Seca will stay. Possibly a 4th road course will be added to replace Monza.
-2 races each at Daytona, Indy and Motegi
-I want to move back to a 1:00 Eastern (1800 UTC/GMT, 12:00 noon Central) start time. All of the races except 1 or 2 will be under an hour, so this shouldn't interfere with TOCA.

-Cars
-If Sprint Cup stays on Medium Tires for next season, we'll move to Mediums as well.
-I'm thinking of going down on the horsepower, while eliminating Ballast
-Team names/sizes will stay the same as last season, depending on interest.

-Rules
-I think Points penalties will stay as they are. I like that system. Possibly revise it a little.
-Probably reforming the SC entry rules. Drop suggested something in the SC thread that I liked.
-When I hosted the Motegi race tonight, I think everything went extremely smoothly. When I turned collisions back on, this gave everyone a chance to change/tweak their setup. I'd like to do it that way for NW as well.

Again, nothing is final. Feel free to suggest things/disagree/agree with things, etc.

Last edited:
You started the thread, so you should host the series. If people don't want to race in your NW series, they can start their own series and see how hard it is to organize a series that is fun and makes everyone happy. The best thing I can suggest is to be as impartial as you can, but be willing to accept any criticism without taking it personally. I think the biggest issue you had last season was that you took some criticism as an attack on you, when it was really just a suggestion for how to do something differently. Relax a little, and be open-minded, and less defensive. You're doing a great job.

Back to business... I'm most interested in driving the #20 GameStop car for next season, so the team owner that takes JGR has the best chance to sign me to their team.

As for the schedule, I like the idea for having 2 races at each of the major ovals, with only 1 at SSRX. I think 4 road course races in only 11 total races is a little much. I would much rather have a third Daytona or Indy race than a fourth road course.

While I hate Laguna Seca, I can definitely appreciate that Nurburgring is leaving. If you are dead set on four road course races, I would rather just run two races each at Suzuka East and HSR. I'm sure that won't happen, but it couldn't hurt to put it out there. :)

I'm ok with any time slot in the early afternoon, and like that most races will be under 1 hour. Setting aside 2-4 hours on a Saturday afternoon just isn't possible for me any more with a 7-month old in the house. If you need to start a little later, feel free to do that. I know you like to sleep in on Saturdays. 👍

I would like to see both series consider going back to Hard tires, but doubling the tirewear setting, so that the tires wear faster.

I'm indifferent on qualifying rules.

Last edited:
Glad to see NW is back!
I would run in this as the timings are better suited for me.

As for road courses I would keep Laguna, Suzuka East and Nurb GPD, but axe Monza as there’s too much cutting. I’d add HSR as its good in these cars.
Reason for keeping Nurb GPD is there was no cutting of the chicane, and the racing in general was really clean.

Im fine with everything MULE you did a great job last season 👍

But please, Im begging, get rid of Monza. I know it doesnt take much ability to avoid the curbs but I cant take a race next season going into every corner worrying about how much I might have cut it by :lol:

As for timings, half 5 race start was good for me last season :).

Although in saying all this no idea if I want to be in Nationwide or Sprint Cup next season :indiff:, I just want to be in a team with nice people :dopey:

But please, Im begging, get rid of Monza. I know it doesnt take much ability to avoid the curbs but I cant take a race next season going into every corner worrying about how much I might have cut it by :lol:

As for timings, half 5 race start was good for me last season :).

Although in saying all this no idea if I want to be in Nationwide or Sprint Cup next season :indiff:, I just want to be in a team with nice people :dopey:

Ah Nels is lovely.x:embarrassed:

Suzuka full course. High speed and overtaking opportunities.

The only thing I don't like about using the full course is that it's too long. Otherwise, it's fine and would make a great track.

I like the start time n for u to host it Mule. I would only like three road courses max; HSR, SuzE & Laguna. I would definitely race at HSR n probably SuzE. Can't say I would race Laguna though, but I see why u all like it.

I would also only want to do SSRX once. And at a total of 11 races, this would leave 7 races left. My preference would be Daytona 3x's, Indy n Motegi 2x's.

My car preference would be the #24 or #83. And I like majority of races to be under an hour. I think hard tires with double wear would be perfect for pitting strategies as well.

One thing I would like to add is Qualifying setups. And possible cautions for first two laps.

Other than that, all looks good to me.

As for the schedule, I like the idea for having 2 races at each of the major ovals, with only 1 at SSRX. I think 4 road course races in only 11 total races is a little much. I would much rather have a third Daytona or Indy race than a fourth road course.

If we go 10 races, we'll have three road courses. If there's an 11th race, it'll probably be another road course. But 10 is a nice even number, so unless there's demand for more, I'll probably stay with 7/3.

I would like to see both series consider going back to Hard tires, but doubling the tirewear setting, so that the tires wear faster.

I'm indifferent on qualifying rules.

The potential problem with doubling the tire wear is that you also double the fuel use. We'll have to test it out, for sure.

Glad to see NW is back!
I would run in this as the timings are better suited for me.

As for road courses I would keep Laguna, Suzuka East and Nurb GPD, but axe Monza as there’s too much cutting. I’d add HSR as its good in these cars.
Reason for keeping Nurb GPD is there was no cutting of the chicane, and the racing in general was really clean.

Monza's on it's way out no matter what. HSR is also definitely coming back. Nurb will be on the list if I decide on an 11th race.

Mule, it still should be NASCAR, not Nascar in the thread title. :grumpy:

pfft.

I'm up for this again. 👍

👍

Daytona Road? 💡

Maybe.

I think Rome would be a good track to run Nationwide on.

Season 1 had a street race at Madrid, and I think the consensus was "don't have another street race." Rome would be the only street course I would ever consider adding, but don't expect to see it at all.

Suzuka full course. High speed and overtaking opportunities.

The only thing I don't like about using the full course is that it's too long. Otherwise, it's fine and would make a great track.

It's no longer than Monza, iirc. But if we're sticking with Suzuka East, i don't know. I like variety with the road courses.

I like the start time n for u to host it Mule. I would only like three road courses max; HSR, SuzE & Laguna. I would definitely race at HSR n probably SuzE. Can't say I would race Laguna though, but I see why u all like it.

I would also only want to do SSRX once. And at a total of 11 races, this would leave 7 races left. My preference would be Daytona 3x's, Indy n Motegi 2x's.

My car preference would be the #24 or #83. And I like majority of races to be under an hour. I think hard tires with double wear would be perfect for pitting strategies as well.

One thing I would like to add is Qualifying setups. And possible cautions for first two laps.

Other than that, all looks good to me.

Once SC is over, we'll be doing plenty of testing.

Any news on the beginning of the season races.

I know the draft for SC hasn't happened but an estimate would be appreciated.

I truely love this series and I hope we continue.

I for one would love to host it and perhaps bring it back to our Season 1 hey-day but under MULE's command, I'm more than happy to race.

I'll talk to Niop and figure out what the plans are after Indy. I don't think there will be that long of a break though.

Looking forward to s3, not sure if it is all confirmed but I have a provisional seat I believe. Thinking of road courses, NW at Spa would be immense IMHO. Thoughts?

Second that Dave. Spa or Suzuka as I put in the SC thread compliment these cars massivley I reckon.

As far as I'm aware, this will be happening. Just need to fill seats first :nervous:

And there is nothing provisional about that seat. 👍

I've missed racing recently and because this starts earlier and doesn't last that long, I think I'll be able to partake; the 6pm slot means I can still go out on a Saturday night which is great. So yeah, any team owners, if you want me, give me a shout 👍

I'm delighted to confirm that Team GB Ford are now full, with D4lvy, Smuffy and Tom taking the Nationwide seats.

Car numbers will be decided amongst the drivers in good time. 👍

:lol: will do mate - great working with you last season btw. Good luck for next season.

I am not sure what direction we are going for allowing SC drivers in, but I reckon they should be allowed in as many events as they want but only be eligible to score points for the teams / makes championship.

I would by the way possibly make appearances when my schedule allows it.

I am not sure what direction we are going for allowing SC drivers in, but I reckon they should be allowed in as many events as they want but only be eligible to score points for the teams / makes championship A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES.

I would by the way possibly make appearances when my schedule allows it.

Fixed that for you.

I honestly don't mind Sprint Cup guys coming in and filling up the field without restrictions. Only limit I'd have is having them in on Daytona races as nearly everyone in NW will turn up to those and SC guys just make it a one-team show in most cases.

The competition is greater and heck we have a lot of SC old boys in NW like Tom and Crazy this year.

Just food for thought.

When I get hold of an SC / NW team I will have three full-time cars hopefully on the grid. 👍

This is kinda our 2012 NW season, the tricky one, which may have a few buschwhackers and smallish grids. We'll survive 👍

I honestly don't mind Sprint Cup guys coming in and filling up the field without restrictions. Only limit I'd have is having them in on Daytona races as nearly everyone in NW will turn up to those and SC guys just make it a one-team show in most cases.

The competition is greater and heck we have a lot of SC old boys in NW like Tom and Crazy this year.

Just food for thought.

My idea is that SC drivers can race but only one SC driver per team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back