Some hidden/reserved GT5 tickets

• Thread starter sorg
  • 1,729 comments
About PP formula:
I doubt it's exist in the way we expect. Probably, there is no formula for base PP.
PD just set some empirical base PP for every car as a fixed value. Tunes though may have some simple formula of adding PP to the base.
I remember PD changed PP for only one car some time ago - Chaparral 2J. It woudn't be possible with calculated PP since no other parameters of 2J changed.
Now, with 2.10 update we see some cars have adjusted PP again without other changes in parameters. So, such selective PP changes make me think it's not calculated, but just set as a fixed number for every car.

If this is the case, it seems they have been throwing darts at random numbers on a wall.
It does explain why some cars are horribly mismatched.

About PP formula:
I doubt it's exist in the way we expect. Probably, there is no formula for base PP.
PD just set some empirical base PP for every car as a fixed value. Tunes though may have some simple formula of adding PP to the base.
I remember PD changed PP for only one car some time ago - Chaparral 2J. It woudn't be possible with calculated PP since no other parameters of 2J changed.
Now, with 2.10 update we see some cars have adjusted PP again without other changes in parameters. So, such selective PP changes make me think it's not calculated, but just set as a fixed number for every car.
That makes sense, it's the only way to explain why some cars with similar stats can have completely different PP.

Can you somehow set on a car maximum damage? So a car will be damaged maximally it's possible?

Yes, I would like to know this too.

Damage has been constantly toned-down since 1.0 version of the game and it would be really interesting to see the true limits for the damage system.

👍 👍

I think they just changed the aero figure (as we don't see this) and that moded the PP.

will there be euro cars in the game at last? like '80s-'90s audi, bmw, mb, vw's, ferraris, lamborghinis, ruf's ???
that is THE most important question imho.

tyler5
will there be euro cars in the game at last? like '80s-'90s audi, bmw, mb, vw's, ferraris, lamborghinis, ruf's ???
that is THE most important question imho.

He has said that there are no new cars that he knows of. Try reading the thread... :rolleyes:

Hi Sorg, thanks for all your hard work!

I have a couple of questions, I just read through all your posts, and I don't think they have been asked before, but I apologize if they have, I also apologize as my reasons for asking these questions will become evidently more and more selfish as you read more of this post:

Some cars have different models in the Garage or Dealership than they have on track, for example the Lotus Elise '96 has the Hard Top on, are you able to race with the top down version?

You said that the RM version has a different ID than the normal version, so is essentially two different models, can you explain how the car is "built" from different body parts, and is it possible to add a RM body part to a non RM model? Examples would be adding a non RM Wing to an RM Model, or in the case of the Lotus Elise '96 adding the driving lights from the RM model (two round lights inside the front air intake) to the non RM model.

Is it possible to add the wheels from the RM model to the normal model?

(After playing Gran Turismo a lot, I fell in love with the Lotus Elise and finally bought one in 2000, I'd like the in game car to look as much like my real one as possible.)

Would it be possible to turn an engine and a transmission into a part ticket and then successfully add it to another car, thereby enabling realistic engine swaps?

I'm not sure if this is outside of the AUP and I apologize if it is, but in all other GT's I was able to modify the Save Game, or Memory after the game has loaded on the PSP, in order to perform an engine and transmission swap.

I essentially swapped a K20A engine and transmission from a Honda Integra DC5 Type R '04 into the Lotus Elise '96, using various tools similar to this post:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87028

After driving the Elise with the Honda K20A Engine in Gran Turismo 2, 3, 4 and PSP, I was convinced that it was a worthwhile upgrade to perform in real life, so finally I did it for real:

http://www.hipowerracing.com/2012/07/deans-k20a-lotus-conversion/

http://www.hipowerracing.com/2012/12/hi-power-racings-k20a-lotus-photoshoot/

Every day I can't drive my real car on a track (I only get to do this occasionally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-H0kcbHL8) I wish that I could practice driving my real car in GT5!

That would be a Lotus Elise '96 with the wheels and driving lights from the Lotus Elise '96 RM, Sports Air Filter, Sports Exhaust, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Cat, Twin Plate Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, the Engine, Transmission and LSD from a Honda Integra DC5 Type R '04, tuned to approximately 247 BHP (217 WHP at 7750 - 8700 RPM), adjustable suspension, I have semi-slick road tyres which I think correspond to Sports Hard, weight approximately 720KG.

Unfortunately I can't do the things above in Bold, I can't even match the transmission ratios in the Elise '96 to that of the Honda because it only has 5 Gears, but maybe I could if I had a access to the tools that you have Sorg?

Last edited:
Hello again Sorg.

Another quick question.

You said that you can paint unpaintable cars. Can you do the same to premium OE factory wheels and other premium unpaintable wheels (GT-R Black Tuned for example)?

Thanks

If this has been covered I do apologise, I haven't slept so I probably shouldn't be posting but this has been bothering me for a while.

Does adding body kits actually effect the down force values at all? or are they purely cosmetic?

UrieHusky
If this has been covered I do apologise, I haven't slept so I probably shouldn't be posting but this has been bothering me for a while.

Does adding body kits actually effect the down force values at all? or are they purely cosmetic?

You mean like front and rear defusers? If yes then yeah they do affect handling

Hi Sorg,

Recently PD has either left ON or is now leaving the Steering Recovery Force ON in the Seasonals.

Is there a way you can see if they are using a generic template for these seasonals. ie: PP, Car Class, Tyres, SRF, ext?

I find it hard to believe they would create a new template just for seasonals and beginning to believe they just forget that they left the SRF on. All the other events from last year you can choose it to be on or off. After they gave us the Christmas one, it has been ON since with no options in turning it off.

R1600Turbo
To a point.

I think if you can adjust the downforce (rear wing) then yes, they do effect handling. If you can't adjust them, then they are purely cosmetic...

No they actually do affect it. The little ugly front and rear carbon fiber pieces I am meaning. Try it yourself take a bone stock car and drive one line on a oval track without them then try the same car with them. Depends of course on how fast you are driving. But it isn't as great of a affect as the wing but it does improve stability

To a point.

I think if you can adjust the downforce (rear wing) then yes, they do effect handling. If you can't adjust them, then they are purely cosmetic...

Yeah I wasn't talking about rear wings or any adjustable aerodynamic element.

I'm strictly talking about the body kits you can apply from GT Auto

You mean like front and rear defusers? If yes then yeah they do affect handling

I don't mean the defusers, though it's interesting to know that those do actually have an effect 👍

No they actually do affect it. The little ugly front and rear carbon fiber pieces I am meaning. Try it yourself take a bone stock car and drive one line on a oval track without them then try the same car with them. Depends of course on how fast you are driving. But it isn't as great of a affect as the wing but it does improve stability

Solid proof would be nice.

physics_steering

getSettingInfoGenericCar
getSettingInfoSuspension
getSettingInfoRacingModify
getSettingInfoSteer
getSettingInfoDriveTrain
getSettingInfoGear
getSettingInfoWing
getSettingData
setSettingData
getGearRatioTuningRange
buildGearRatioData
buildEngineData
getGTPerformanceIndex
getWeight
getGearRatioInfo
powerModifyRatio
weightModifyRatio
FrontRideheight
RearRideheight
FrontSpringRate
RearSpringRate
FrontDamperF1B
FrontDamperF2B
FrontDamperF1R
FrontDamperF2R
RearDamperF1B
RearDamperF2B
RearDamperF1R
RearDamperF2R
FrontToe
RearToe
FrontCamber
RearCamber
Param4WD
FrontABS
RearABS
FrontCl
RearCl
GearReverse
Gear1st
Gear2nd
Gear3rd
Gear4th
Gear5th
Gear6th
Gear7th
Gear8th
Gear9th
Gear10th
Gear11th
FinalGearRatio
steerLimit
FrontBrakeBalanceLevel
RearBrakeBalanceLevel
ABSCorneringControlLevel
finalgearMIN
finalgearMAX
finalgearDF
ExtraFinalGearRatio
maxspeedMIN
maxspeedMAX
maxspeedDF
ExtraFinalGearUsage
LowGearPos
ReverseGearPos
GearPattern
iflywheel
enginebrake
iwheelF
iwheelR
drivetype
type4WD
param4WDMIN
param4WDMAX
param4WDDF
steerlimit
steerlimitMin
steerlimitMax

weighteffect
treadF.width.dwidth
treadR.width.dwidth
lighteffect
clMINF
clMAXF
clDFF
clMINR
clMAXR
clDFR
wheeloffsetF
wheeloffsetR
susarmF
susarmR
yaweffect
ActiveWingType
ActiveWingVelocity1
ActiveWingVelocity2
ActiveWingMovingSpeed
ActiveWingDownForce

rideheightMINF
rideheightMAXF
rideheightDFF

rideheightMINR
rideheightMAXR
rideheightDFR

camberMINF
camberMAXF
camberDFF

camberMINR
camberMAXR
camberDFR

strokecamberF
strokecamberR

cmbgripFx1
cmbgripFx2
cmbgripFx3
cmbgripFx4

cmbgripFy1
cmbgripFy2
cmbgripFy3
cmbgripFy4

cmbgripRx1
cmbgripRx2
cmbgripRx3
cmbgripRx4

cmbgripRy1
cmbgripRy2
cmbgripRy3
cmbgripRy4

toeMINF
toeMAXF
toeDFF

toeMINR
toeMAXR
toeDFR

brmarginF
brmarginR

brtouchF
brtouchR

limrF
limrR

springratevol

springrateMINF
springrateMAXF
springrateDFF

springrateMINR
springrateMAXR
springrateDFR

leverratioDFF
leverratioDFR

bumprubberF
bumprubberR

bumprubberDMF
bumprubberDMR

dampV1BF
dampV1BR
dampV2BF
dampV2BR
dampV1RF
dampV1RR
dampV2RF
dampV2RR

damplevelBF
dampF1BMINF
dampF1BMAXF
dampF1BDFF
dampF2BMINF
dampF2BMAXF
dampF2BDFF

damplevelRF
dampF1RMINF
dampF1RMAXF
dampF1RDFF
dampF2RMINF
dampF2RMAXF
dampF2RDFF

damplevelBR
dampF1BMINR
dampF1BMAXR
dampF1BDFR
dampF2BMINR
dampF2BMAXR
dampF2BDFR

damplevelRR
dampF1RMINR
dampF1RMAXR
dampF1RDFR
dampF2RMINR
dampF2RMAXR
dampF2RDFR

unsprungmassF
unsprungmassR

stabilizerFlevel
stabilizerMINF
stabilizerMAXF
stabilizerDFF

stabilizerRlevel
stabilizerMINR
stabilizerMAXR
stabilizerDFR

ActiveSuspensionType

Possible to adjust the steering ratio? I will never understand why they left this option out of the game

Last edited:
R1600Turbo
Solid proof would be nice.

Go try it hahaha nothing new

Whistle Snap
Possible to adjust the steering ratio? I will never understand why they left this option out of the game
What option?
Shoe67
I believe that is steering sensitivity???

If he meant why you can't turn your wheels all the way over while driving on a DS3. Then the reason is simply the game was meant for a wheel

I think maybe you can, by changing steering sensitivity, this needs to be tester and proven though, but there's another member posted about this :

I know this is an old thread, i was just searching and found it but it hasn't seemed to have ended with much factual information.

In Gran Turismo, the steering lock on your wheel is set to 900 degrees for all cars, however, the front wheel turning angle is set correctly to correspond with the steering wheel lock. The F1 cars feel very good and drivable to me after the spec 2 update. Just because the steering wheel turns a full 900° doesn't mean that the steering ratio is increased in the F1's.

In real F1 cars the steering ratio is fully adjustable within a certain range, meaning you can adjust how much the steering wheel turns and how much the front wheels turn, some drivers like Fernando Alonso and his team mate Massa both prefer a higher ratio (more steering). This is somewhat possible in GT5 by adjusting the steering sensitivity within the "Driving Options" in the track menu.

Here's a video of me with the T500 with F1 wheel doing a seasonal event at the Nurburgring 24H layout. I have all the driving aids turned off, this includes the ABS at 0, the steering sensitivity is at 0 as well and i actually prefer it this way because it allows for more precision, it feels like the front wheel angle is about 14/15° at 390/400° steering lock, which is realistic. If you increase steering sensitivity, it increases the front wheel angle while maintaining the same steering wheel lock which shortens the ratio, same effect as in real life:

Also, as a visual reference, look at this video of Fernando at the Ferrari test track in the F10:

Just did some testing, and found out the lower the steering sensitivity, the less you have to turn a wheel to do a turn. -2 did sharp corners with a lot less turning of the wheel when compared to 7 at Monza, I thought it was the other way around, so I now have a way to get faster lap times.

Back