◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I would have a chat with the three guys that passed you in qualifying. They had to notice something wasn't right and to say nothing about it is just wrong.

Hey racefan...this is us finishing at Daytona last night. You were scored as finishing ahead of me but I clearly beat you to the line. Good racing anyway.

Hmm...thats odd. You may want to bring that to the attention of the race director and see what he has to say about it. I noticed some very slight lag last night, so maybe that caused my car to appear to be behind its actual position? Or maybe it just cased a goof up in the scoring system and you should have had the spot. Either way,good racing 👍

JLBowler
I would have a chat with the three guys that passed you in qualifying. They had to notice something wasn't right and to say nothing about it is just wrong.

That would certainly have helped me out 👍 I didn't tell the story to put any pressure on them, but more to remind people you need to be aware of what's happening, tell people it's okay to say are you on the right tires or in the right car ;) and to elicit a laugh.

Got to tell you, my laugh when I realized what I'd done, was genuine :) I could easily have gotten all 🤬 ask my wife, but bottom line, is it's my responsibility to make sure I'm set up to race the correct race :lol:

All around an enjoyable night of racing with some very close fought battles. For those that saw the "yellow blur" at Daytona in the first race . . . not sure what the heck happened there other than a complete loss of mental focus. """ I'm racing . . .I'm racing. . . a turn. . .a turn oh 🤬 A TURN!.""" :banghead: FOCUS DANILE-SON FOCUS!

I had to try to get connected 5 times before it took hold and got connected. Then last race (with chance to place top 5 :nervous:) disconnect. Hope you're connection issues don't rub off, tez. LOL. I haven't had any connection issues since October really.

I'm hoping that buckeyes doesn't host on nights that I can attend and that fixes it up :lol:

Hmm...thats odd. You may want to bring that to the attention of the race director and see what he has to say about it. I noticed some very slight lag last night, so maybe that caused my car to appear to be behind its actual position? Or maybe it just cased a goof up in the scoring system and you should have had the spot. Either way,good racing 👍

It's all good, it's not about the points. I just enjoyed the race. I made a TON of mistakes last night. I was pretty solid through the first 3 races and then I think I got tired and my concentration fell off.

Yeah I noticed a bit of lag intermittently throughout the night.

Here are the official results from our league night on February 10, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 83 points (79.55 for prize purposes only)
  2. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Mighty_mopar ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JazzVanWolfe ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • Nic-KL ------------ DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • OwensRacing ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • DownStyle --------- DNR
  • doodlemonoply ----- DNR
  • z06fun1 ----------- DNR
  • Torino-IKA -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 88 points (90.64 for Prize A)
  2. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Turbo91stdcivic --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR
  • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 85 points (84.67 for prize purposes only)
  2. DBUCKEYES --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. HusamOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. JESter82178 ------- did not submit a vote
  10. nom876 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
  • dragonwhisky ------ DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • DudeTuna ---------- DNR
  • bug1623 ----------- DNR
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • GTP_mike46an2 ----- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. the2armedmen ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 95 points (85.54 for Prize B)
  2. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. tommy2dollaz ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • weaver-2009_ ------ DNR
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- DNR
  • leadbedr ---------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • NATHANFLYS -------- DNR
  • KuulKriine -------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
Division 5
  1. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 90 points (85.02 for Prize C)
  2. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. VAG_star ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. DADYGERAR --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Driftin_Assassin -- did not submit a vote
  10. Lil_kobe2 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • TEX-36 ------------ DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • codeblue111 ------- DNR
  • Jfin07 ------------ DNR
  • blOody_Alb21 ------ DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • primarywheel ------ DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 1 - Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 @Circuito Madrid / Reverse

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since jlbowler wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 @Road Course - Daytona

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since the2armedmen gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to socalracer310 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
I finished last a minute down, really?

If I'd shown up in an X1 then last place would be assigned for sure.

It was just a question so I can fully understand the rules. I showed up in the wrong car once by accident...I had the 2 premium Aston's confused and accidentally showed up in the wrong one and was told I would not receive last place points.

It was just a question so I can fully understand the rules. I showed up in the wrong car once by accident...I had the 2 premium Aston's confused and accidentally showed up in the wrong one and was told I would not receive last place points.

I thought it was automatic last place, not zero points as well. I must admit, I have not checked lately.

It's all good, it's not about the points.

For someone that's not concerned about the points, you sure seem to be concerned about the points ...

Fixed it, no points awarded.

For someone that's not concerned about the points, you sure seem to be concerned about the points ...

Fixed it, no points awarded.

I wasn't saying don't award yourself points, I was asking to clarify the rules. It may be in the 1st post and I just missed it, so I was asking. No need to get defensive...geez.

Why would I care how many points YOU score? I'm not in your division and your point total doesn't affect me one bit. PMS much?

At least this is how it worked for the T-shirts...

Send your address to Zero via PM. Wait patiently and you shall receive in the mail!

Speaking of which, thanks again guys for the t-shirt. I wear it on Sundays around the house and when I'm racing with you guys Sunday nights.

qwietstorm
I wasn't saying don't award yourself points, I was asking to clarify the rules. It may be in the 1st post and I just missed it, so I was asking. No need to get defensive...geez.

Why would I care how many points YOU score? I'm not in your division and your point total doesn't affect me one bit. PMS much?

Okay here's what I read from you today.

Post to racefan. I really beat you, see here's the picture for proof. But it's okay I'm a good guy. I just had to show everyone who really crossed the line first.

Post to kcheeb. Hey you were in the wrong car. You shouldn't get points. To which I replied about finishing last, blah, blah.

Post to kcheeb. It happened to me, you shouldn't get points either. To which I replied you not caring about points, blah, blah.

Post to kcheeb. I wasn't being a bad guy, I just wanted to know what the rules are. I'm a good guy. Then some juvenile retort.

That was how I read your posts today. Maybe I'm reading too much into them, but I don't think so.

My guess, foot down, swear about the car not accelerating turn left, turn right :lol:

I would have voted for the Clio @ GVR but I hated the cappucino. Maybe it would have been fun with confort softs or sports hard but slicks on a car that produces 73 HP that's the recipe for a boring race.

But you got it right, it's like nascar only difference is that we're turning right.
Foot down, turn left. :lol: (TROLOL)

You weren't saying anything but indirectly whining about unfair treatment. Kcheeb made a gesture to try to appease you, but that wasn't enough; you had to result to childish statements. If you have a concern, state it clearly. No one has time to try to figure out what you're trying to say.

That would certainly have helped me out 👍 I didn't tell the story to put any pressure on them, but more to remind people you need to be aware of what's happening, tell people it's okay to say are you on the right tires or in the right car ;) and to elicit a laugh.

Got to tell you, my laugh when I realized what I'd done, was genuine :) I could easily have gotten all 🤬 ask my wife, but bottom line, is it's my responsibility to make sure I'm set up to race the correct race :lol:

I was one of those people that passed you, and I honestly didn't notice. I could tell you were slow, but for some reason it just didn't click that you were in the wrong car. Sorry :dunce:

So you don't score any points if you show up and race in the incorrect car right?

Does it get any clearer than that? I asked the question. Instead of answering the question, you seemed to get butt hurt and made it sound like I was implying you shouldn't get points. I thought it was a legit question but apparently not.

For future reference, anyone wanting rules clarification, if it's not in the 1st post you better guess at your best judgement because asking will get you flamed and fingers pointed at you.

And why would he need to make a gesture to "appease" me? He never offended me. I simply asked a question. Instead of making a gesture next time, try answering the damn question.

Does it get any clearer than that? I asked the question. Instead of answering the question, you seemed to get butt hurt and made it sound like I was implying you shouldn't get points. I thought it was a legit question but apparently not.

For future reference, anyone wanting rules clarification, if it's not in the 1st post you better guess at your best judgement because asking will get you flamed and fingers pointed at you.

And why would he need to make a gesture to "appease" me? He never offended me. I simply asked a question. Instead of making a gesture next time, try answering the damn question.

You said,

So you don't score any points if you show up and race in the incorrect car right?

To which he responded,

I finished last a minute down, really?

If I'd shown up in an X1 then last place would be assigned for sure.

Then you brought up the fact that you used the wrong car and were (maybe) not awarded any points. This is the point at which Kcheeb said that he took away his points, I assume to appease you.

Contrary to what you might think, no one can pick up on what you meantto say based on text alone. If you have a question, ask it clearly. You could have simply said, "I was under the impression that starting the race in the wrong car would result in no points for that race. Is this correct?" Instead you implied that Kcheeb should not receive points because you did not receive points. I know I'm not the only one who read that way.

Last edited:
Contrary to what you might think, no one can pick up on what you meantto say based on text alone. If you have a question, ask it clearly. You could have simply said, "I was under the impression that starting the race in the wrong car would result in no points for that race. Is this correct?" Instead you implied that Kcheeb should not receive points because you did not receive points. I know I'm not the only one who read that way.

I thought that was a pretty clear question. Guess my ability to put together a clear thought has escaped me today.

Please show me where he answered the question and I will bow down and kiss the ring.

Back