◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I will check in when we move back to the normal, more mature, banter and give and take.

This is getting into "Take it to a PM, puh-leeze!" Juvenile posts.

I thought that was a pretty clear question. Guess my ability to put together a clear thought has escaped me today.

Please show me where he answered the question and I will bow down and kiss the ring.

If I'd shown up in an X1 then last place would be assigned for sure.

Admittedly it is a terse answer, but he did just go into detail about the situation.

the fact you guys are arguing about pts for an online racing series that have no real payout and are not championship deciding pts seems like a waste of bandwidth.

in any type of real racing if you go out on the wrong tires or car nobody is going to tell you it is wrong if there is anything on the line. thats racing. i ended up on the wrong tires in the cap and at the end of the race moperlover mentioned which tires were correct. i commend him on pointing this out otherwise i wouldn't have won the invert cap race. that is completely unusual to any form of motorsport i have seen and unexpected. as kcheeb pointed out he accepted responsibility for using the wrong car no more than that could be expected

qwietstorm
I thought that was a pretty clear question. Guess my ability to put together a clear thought has escaped me today.

Please show me where he answered the question and I will bow down and kiss the ring.

My answer was implied by removing my points :sly:

the fact you guys are arguing about pts for an online racing series that have no real payout and are not championship deciding pts seems like a waste of bandwidth.

in any type of real racing if you go out on the wrong tires or car nobody is going to tell you it is wrong if there is anything on the line. thats racing. i ended up on the wrong tires in the cap and at the end of the race moperlover mentioned which tires were correct. i commend him on pointing this out otherwise i wouldn't have won the invert cap race. that is completely unusual to any form of motorsport i have seen and unexpected. as kcheeb pointed out he accepted responsibility for using the wrong car no more than that could be expected

I couldn't disagree more with the second part of this post. I have been in and around racing for as long as I can remember. Having a grandfather that drove dirt and asphalt ovals, an uncle that has run dirt ovals for almost 40 years, cousins that run dirt ovals and close friends of the family that have run everything from go karts to Nascar Winston West in addition to me being behind the wheel of either a hobby stock or an IMCA modified for the last 15 years. The racing fraternity is like one big family and the vast majority of the racers I have come across have been more than willing to help out a fellow driver. On the track we are all competitive and want to win, but off the track we are willing to do whatever we can to make sure that everyone sharing the track with us has whatever they need to make the racing even more competitive. I understand this doesn't occur in the professional ranks, but it is common practice in the amateur ranks and something you can see at any local dirt or asphalt track that runs a weekly series. If a driver showed up at the local track and didn't have the track tire with him, you can bet the farm that the rest of the drivers in his class would make sure he had what he needed to run that night.

I know that, but I think he got a collision penalty for hitting me so I felt bad since he and you were having a mighty battle for overall honours and I didn't want to get it the way of it :nervous:

Hey, no worries here. That is the most fun I have had in a race for a long time. The racecraft in div. 3 is the best I have seen. My hat is off for the people who put together the S.N.A.I.L. racing league.👍:dopey::)

And congrats to Apmaddock for the great win!

Last edited:
Well I have to say that I had D2 wrapped up halfway in until I ran afoul of the track a couple of times while leading. I'm getting better though ;)

In hindsight, had I known Bowler was going to drive so well later in the evening, I wouldn't have let him have the race win at GVE ;)

Kudos to Pando for having a good clean D2 debut! He had Madrid dialed in for sure.

To Kcheeb...I honestly thought you were doing the Clio thing on purpose. I came on you in qualifying in the bus stop on my last Q lap with a time that would have nailed pole by .5 secs but your car was in the way at the apex. You quickly exited the track when I tried to get by but I thought for sure you were driving the Clio on purpose. Either you hated the Alfa or some other reason. Never seen it done before so I didn't bother commenting. Sorry if it was partially my fault for not telling you.

Good racing though...screwed myself again...but less than usual ;)

I couldn't disagree more with the second part of this post. I have been in and around racing for as long as I can remember. Having a grandfather that drove dirt and asphalt ovals, an uncle that has run dirt ovals for almost 40 years, cousins that run dirt ovals and close friends of the family that have run everything from go karts to Nascar Winston West in addition to me being behind the wheel of either a hobby stock or an IMCA modified for the last 15 years. The racing fraternity is like one big family and the vast majority of the racers I have come across have been more than willing to help out a fellow driver. On the track we are all competitive and want to win, but off the track we are willing to do whatever we can to make sure that everyone sharing the track with us has whatever they need to make the racing even more competitive. I understand this doesn't occur in the professional ranks, but it is common practice in the amateur ranks and something you can see at any local dirt or asphalt track that runs a weekly series. If a driver showed up at the local track and didn't have the track tire with him, you can bet the farm that the rest of the drivers in his class would make sure he had what he needed to run that night.

i understand what you are saying, i have been on both sides of that, receiving motors or lending motors for a main event or whatever it takes, thats unusual these days though. From my experience and sounds like a lot of your experience this is at local club tracks, not for a national title or a big time championship (not saying snail is) and in no way was i saying it never happens, just saying don't expect it to happen so you can race.

I messed up last night and qualified on the wrong tires in the first race. Couldn't figure out why I was so slow all of a sudden. Would have started mid pack but changing tires made me start last. It's annoying that the game changes tires for you if you don't check them. Oh well guess that's better than forgetting to change cars. Lol.

hillracing
I messed up last night and qualified on the wrong tires in the first race. Couldn't figure out why I was so slow all of a sudden. Would have started mid pack but changing tires made me start last. It's annoying that the game changes tires for you if you don't check them. Oh well guess that's better than forgetting to change cars. Lol.

That happened to someone in D2 as well, very annoying.

And uh, well, you see, they were painted the same color and ...

Oh my god what have you done!!!! Looks like next week with a lot of complaints, or atleast a lot of crashes

We'll be riding the limiter again, unfortunately. I've no particular personal qualms with that, though I know some do. I just find it annoying. ;)

That happened to someone in D2 as well, very annoying.

And uh, well, you see, they were painted the same color and ...

I was practicing in my own lobby with the Cap and racing hard tires. When I went to D2 lobby it changed my tires to sports mediums??? I think the room may have initially been set for sports softs and my car auto changed to the closest thing I had available, which was sports mediums. All I know is that I never changed them.

I was forced to leave qualifying and change tires. In the end it worked out well for all the people using me to stop and corner. If I had sports soft on, I might not have been so helpful.

I had hoped the clio would have gone but the cap/madrid combo was so bad for so many it had to go.

Ditto!!! That will be a great combo IMO only. Room to race and still get a few laps in (guessing 6-7 laps). Not quite an all out sprint. Nice choice 2armed.

I think it is a great combo, but I'm afraid it might be a one and done combo just because you need good throttle control, but the brakes are very good

I think it is a great combo, but I'm afraid it might be a one and done combo just because you need good throttle control, but the brakes are very good

I think that's why I like the Clio combo, this combo, and the ZR1 @ Tokyo. They all require throttle control. Which, as you said,,,1 and dun.

DIVISION 3 PICTURES

MADRID MADRID MADRID...its a song!

CircuitodeMadrid_1_zps0b9f71a4.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_2_zpsc29c3401.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_4_zps527929d1.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid_5_zps4ed3ef22.jpg

GRAND VALLEY EAST

GrandValleyEast_21_zps0b04977c.jpg

GrandValleyEast_22_zps2abaca52.jpg

GrandValleyEast_23_zps05a10954.jpg

GrandValleyEast_24_zps3067b60d.jpg

GrandValleyEast_26_zpse713c0b9.jpg

DAYTONA ROAD COURSE

RoadCourse-Daytona_zpsae73e36f.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_1_zps5ccd99f7.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_2_zpse08277b0.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_4_zpscced5c40.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_5_zpsa8b9c57b.jpg

Just a reminder to all SNAILs: Have you got your Wankels Ready for Tonight's Monday Mayhem event?

I hope to bee there for the latter two events. I am tuning my FC now:)

Also shameless plug for next weeks event. We are running the PP Cap race next Monday.

S.N.A.I.L. PP Cap Racing Thread

We have 6 signed up so far and it looks like we will have a lot of cool cars on track:) Our tests so far have been fun so please come give it a try.

Registered Participants

1. Jobyone71 (Matte Dark Gray)- Gathers Drider Civic Race Car '98 (422) - Audi S3 '02 (412) - BMW M Coupe '98 (400) - Toyota MR2 1600G '86 (359) - Total PP 1593

2. Wolfsatz - VW Beetle Cup Car '00 (424) - Merc 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution '91 (361) - Lancia Statos '73 (417) PP - Audi Quattro '82 (UrQuattro) 406 - Total PP 1608

3. Dangerzone641 - Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06 (365) - Mazda Eunos roadster J-limited II (NA) '93 (317) - Skyline Gt-R V • Spec II Nur (R34) '02 (479) - Clio Renault Sport V6 24v '00 (434) - Total PP 1595

4. Apmaddock - Spoon Fit Race Car '03 (376) - Honda S800 Race Car '68 (383) - Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (487) - Suzuki Alto Works RS-Z '97 (332) - Total PP 1578

5. Tezgm99 - Renault Megane 2.0 IDE Coupe '00 (372) - Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95 (418) - Toyota MR2 1600G '86 (359) - Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '95 (454) - Total PP 1603

6. Racefan78 - TBD​

Besides tonights Monday Mayhem, my Drift Event is also going in tonight. The orginal idea was for a Formula Drift/ D1 Gran Prix style event but I've decided to change it to a bring-what-you-have free drift session. The 500 HP limit and Comfort Hard tires still apply. Also, if you have a 4WD car, it must have a 10/90 torque split. I will post the room number 10 minutes before it is set to start. Which ever event you plan on joining, I hope you all have fun!

Back