◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
I don't see how the fgt doesn't promote close racing, if you come out of a turn close to someone it's almost a guaranteed pass. Not having the skills to drive a car doesn't mean it's not good for close racing, it means you need to work on your skills with that car.

I can guarantee you that the gap between most cars will not be under a couple of seconds and 1st to last over a minute at least in D4 and D5.

I don't see how the fgt doesn't promote close racing, if you come out of a turn close to someone it's almost a guaranteed pass. Not having the skills to drive a car doesn't mean it's not good for close racing, it means you need to work on your skills with that car.

There is a large difference between "promoting clean racing" and "capable of clean racing" my friend...

One man's guaranteed pass is another man's passport to a Steward review.

Do not get me wrong: I will work on my skills, I will not boycott this week, but if the replays 'promote' clean racing, I will eat my hat...

On second thought... I like my Stetson too much to eat it. I will be quite surprised if the racing really is quite clean in the Formula Gran Turismo on the Daytona Road Course.

For the record, I am pretty dadgum sure I'll be using TCS on Sunday evening...

Last edited:
The FGT will be the least close racing in the history of Snail.

On the other hand this will be the strongest draft we have experienced (insert sarcastic Monty Python "Yaaay" here)

Interesting note about the FGT in its description: the most advanced electronic driver aids have also been implemented: ABS, TCS, launch control and even EBD for optimized braking capabilities have all been incorporated.

Maybe an exception for allowing the use of traction control could be made for all divisions instead of just D5 with this car?

That's an interesting point, Tez. What does everyone think about that suggestion? Should we go with what's realistic, or just stick to our usual settings?

The FGT will be the least close racing in the history of Snail.

On the other hand this will be the strongest draft we have experienced (insert sarcastic Monty Python "Yaaay" here)

And the most time spent on the rev limiter.

That's an interesting point, Tez. What does everyone think about that suggestion? Should we go with what's realistic, or just stick to our usual settings?

I would allow it if it was me. Some of us aren't very good with the FGT and leaving it on would be helpful. That being said, mine will be off because it will force me to drive a little smarter. I'll just be short shifting out of the turns to maintain traction. Just my 2 cents.

:boggled: Ok, I guess I don't get 2armed's pick. I though the Alfa was going to Fuji GT track. But it seems as if the FGT is a car. Is it a Ford GT or what? :confused:

Last edited:
The FGT at Daytona...LMAO. I will eat my hat too JoeW. I don't see it. Clean that is. Not that we won't try, I just think it's going to be an extremely rough start and maybe beyond. I would make sure when one reviews replay not to judge too quick. I am sure no one here will intend to race unclean, but I fear there will be quite a bit of contact due to the car's extreme quick response and "touchy-ness".

WHEW, that first step corner, is a doosey!!!

As far as the technology aspect, might as well go with whatever the FGT has. Or allow driver's to use those "gadgets" if the FGT has them.

Leave the aids as they are. I've no use for exceptions and compromises. Next thing you'll be asking to allow TCS in every car that has it in real life.

tezgm99
Interesting note about the FGT in its description: the most advanced electronic driver aids have also been implemented: ABS, TCS, launch control and even EBD for optimized braking capabilities have all been incorporated.

Maybe an exception for allowing the use of traction control could be made for all divisions instead of just D5 with this car?

I say, let 'em use 'em if you got 'em....may actually help in the clean department.

Leave the aids as they are. I've no use for exceptions and compromises. Next thing you'll be asking to allow TCS in every car that has it in real life.

Why not use what comes on the cars? It is, after all a simulator ;)

Last edited:
Prize "A" Selection

We will be running the Zonda/R @ Suzuka

This is the Zonda/R from the Pagani dealership, not the standard one

Leave the aids off for the FGT. It's not that hard to drive the thing around Daytona Road. I will make no further comment on the choice of the car.

Prize "A" Selection

Leave the aids off for the FGT. It's not that hard to drive the thing around Daytona Road. I will make no further comment on the choice of the car.

Wow big HP week. Looks fun:)

Prize "A" Selection

Let the break ins begin! Stewards.. be gentle next week! :)
My hat off to you for the work you do week to week :bowdown: Thanks!

BTW, the Zonda at Suzuka is a great combo! I'll brace myself for impact on the FGT. A look into the future.... :eek:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-1_zps33866daf.jpg

How many different colors schemes are there for the FGT?

:boggled: Ok, I guess I don't get 2armed's pick. I though the Alfa was going to Fuji GT track. But it seems as if the FGT is a car. Is it a Ford GT or what? :confused:

This one would've been a very fun combo indeed. 👍

Last edited:
Like Bowler said. It's a track-only car. It's not street legal. It's definitely going to be a car on racing tires.

Exceptions have already been made or we wouldn't be allowed to cut corners on street tracks.

Next week. Free Vettel X1 (the one PD gave away) at Kart Space....

That being said, how bad could the FGT be? If it is the power that is feared, how do you explain the demolition derby that the 75hp Cap at Madrid was?

I am not sure power is the issue here. I would say patience is the issue and it doesn't matter how little or how much power you have if you have no patience.

For those of us who don't sit and read the ticker-tape of conversations .......... Would someone please give a trust-worthy announcement as to Cars & Tracks for Sunday?

Next week. Free Vettel X1 (the one PD gave away) at Kart Space....

That being said, how bad could the FGT be? If it is the power that is feared, how do you explain the demolition derby that the 75hp Cap at Madrid was?

I am not sure power is the issue here. I would say patience is the issue and it doesn't matter how little or how much power you have if you have no patience.

Demolition derby? I don't recall seeing a complaint filed by you on the steward forum this week so all must have been well for you.

Don't complain if you aren't going to file a complaint. If you don't say anything then don't bitch next week when they keep on doing it.

Exceptions have already been made or we wouldn't be allowed to cut corners on street tracks.

Tracks, PD's handling of out of bounds areas, and easing up on the workload of the stewards are all different categories.

Back