GT Planet Home Club

• Thread starter turbomp301
  • 53 comments
GTP_HAAS599
your kiddin' right?
I created a GT Planet Home Club and am just letting everyone know about it.

The club name is GT Planet and the tag is GTP.

If you have home and want an invite to join just message me on the Playstaion @ HAAS599.

Neat I have home beta as well, I did not know you can create GROUPS yet!! count me in

Dont pay too much attention to the detail with this club

This club isnt anything official by GTPlanet.net, but just something I threw together real quick.

Once the beta ends, all the clubs in the beta will be deleted anyway and you will have to pay to create a new one.

When home is officially released, someone other than me should create an official GTPlanet.net home club.

Consider this club nothing more than a load test on the server:)

Can I just correct you on the "pay forclub" issue
The Home blog dose actualy state the club service is a pay to use service within home but Sony has clarified that it's a misprint, the actual situation acording to sony is that some areas of the club service are charged for, for example if you want a big fancy clubhouse you can buy one like if you want a big fancy apartment you can buy one. the actual standard clubhouse is FREE!

One of the big features of 1.00 is the Clubs system. This feature allows players to create clubhouses, where up to 32 players can meet. Although this feature is free to beta testers, it will be a paid service when Home rolls out to the public.

The new 1.00 beta looks like a significant improvement over previous versions of the service. Now, we're going to wait for Sony to officially release the service to the entire PlayStation Network community.

Update: The PlayStation Closed Beta site says clubs will be a for-pay service. "Club is a service that requires regular payment. During Closed Beta test users can enjoy this service free of charge." However, a Sony developer clarifies saying "Clubs do not cost money. There will be premium club houses."

Link to quote http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/20/home-version-1-00-now-available-to-beta-testers-introduces-club/

Sorry thought I'd better clear this up quick as the mis info on the official Home blog has caused a few outcrys, so much so that sony steped in prety quickly to clarifie the situation.

Can us non beta guys have a few pics of the GTPlanet home club house please as we'll never see it overwise and we like salt rubbing in the wound LOL

Last edited:
Can I just correct you on the "pay forclub" issue
The Home blog dose actualy state the club service is a pay to use service within home but Sony has clarified that it's a misprint, the actual situation acording to sony is that some areas of the club service are charged for, for example if you want a big fancy clubhouse you can buy one like if you want a big fancy apartment you can buy one. the actual standard clubhouse is FREE!

Link to quote http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/20/home-version-1-00-now-available-to-beta-testers-introduces-club/

Sorry thought I'd better clear this up quick as the mis info on the official Home blog has caused a few outcrys, so much so that sony steped in prety quickly to clarifie the situation.

Can us non beta guys have a few pics of the GTPlanet home club house please as we'll never see it overwise and we like salt rubbing in the wound LOL

2nd Life Part II

There is some idiot that makes a living selling clothes, houses, property, and other garbage in 2nd Life. The REALLY bad part about it is, there are pathetic people actually buying it! These people obviously need to get a grip on REALITY and stop "living" in imagination land. Sign of the times I suppose.

I tried to create a club, but the "object" never did load so I could put it in my Cart. Kept getting that message.

I really would like to get a beta invite or a key :). Just have to wait and see. I hope sony pays attention to the 100's$ i spent on PSN :(.

I really would like to get a beta invite or a key :). Just have to wait and see. I hope sony pays attention to the 100's$ i spent on PSN :(.

you should get one , i got mine yesterday , i never posted on any other PS3 board or anything , the only connection i have is that i have PS underground ,i bought stuff on GTTV and i bought burnout paradise on the PSN

Anybody wanna post a video of their character and their Home experience? I would love to watch from a non-demonstration point of view. Thanks

What region is this club open too. I'm compiling a list of clubs you see and i'm gonna add you once I know. Also how many members?

All clubs have been reset as of today. Now is the time to start an official GTPlanet Home club. I really dont care to be responsible for that so who wants to step up?

yes because of the open beta state, someone needs to buy the club ~~'

I applied for the GTP Club. I hope I get in:nervous:

No but really I used both my GTP_Frizbe and my Frizbe accounts to apply so yeah whoever is in charge should add both for me kindly, unless there is a limit to how many people can be in one club?

I sent an invite to the GTPlanet club but I think all the spaces are already full (32) as Jordan had about 15 people already a few hours ago.. :indiff:

Robin.

Yes, as of a few hours ago I had received more than 70 applications for membership, yet there's a set limit of 32 members per club. :grumpy: Although I cannot log in to Home to approve anyone, due to the high demand I will only be giving Premium users access at this point.

Yes, as of a few hours ago I had received more than 70 applications for membership, yet there's a set limit of 32 members per club.
32, that's not that much. I hope they increase that number soon. And introduce bigger clubhouses to fit them all in. ;)

How do you go about joining a club, or requesting to join a club?
When you are in Home, press the start button to access your virtual PSP thingamajig. The fourth option down says "Clubs". Click on it. Now you are in the Club menu. Here you can do all sorts of things related to clubs, including searching for clubs and then asking to join the ones you are interested in. 👍

32, that's not that much. I hope they increase that number soon. And introduce bigger clubhouses to fit them all in. ;)
Quite right. I can understand Home limiting 32 members to be in an actual clubhouse at one time, but they should definitely not limit the number that can join a club, especially when the limit is so low.

However, there are far more distressing things about the way clubs are set up than that. I was shocked to see that we are limited to being in ONLY 5 clubs!

So any idea and hope that we could have one large GTP club, or many 32 member clubs to satisfy the huge demand that Jordan has already received from GTP members in Home is currently null and void.

I was also really disappointed to see that they way it is currently set up, once a club is created, like our PSN IDs, the name can not be changed... but that's not all. If the person who created the club decides they no longer want to run it, they are prohibited from passing ownership over to another member, not even to a club sub leader.

It get's worse though. In the Club Terms of Service agreement it clearly states that if the owner/leader of a club disbands the club, the name of the club can never be reused again. :eek:

I'm not a fan of complaining, but these terms and conditions are pretty absurd in my view. 👎

I expect these numbers will be increased in the future. Or they will provide the option to increase them for a fee. ;)

Hi I was wondering could anyone explain to me, what is the club's in HOME about.

What can be done when I own a club. I have and idea of a club I want to make, but I am rather puzzled what is the features of the club system.

Is it only a virtual chat room where members of the club can do all the same things they can do in other areas of HOME, or does the clubs have any specific features, that are not aviable in other HOME locations ?

Can I from within my club, make information aviable members of the club could read ?

Can I make links to external internet sites, where people could click a link ( like youtube videos, or other text based sites )?

Could I within my club have games like chess and arcade machines ?

Anymore info about what the clubs can do I would welcome alot. Thanks :)

Is it only a virtual chat room where members of the club can do all the same things they can do in other areas of HOME
No.

does the clubs have any specific features, that are not aviable in other HOME locations ?
Yes.

Can I from within my club, make information aviable members of the club could read ?
Yes.

Can I make links to external internet sites, where people could click a link ( like youtube videos, or other text based sites )?
I doubt it, but I don't know.

Could I within my club have games like chess and arcade machines ?
Yes.

Thanks for answering Digital :)

I have a few more questions.

Is my club a virtual room like, my apartment where people can enter ?

If it is can i design it like i can with my apartment ?

How do I get for example arcade mashines, or chess boards into my club. I heard it wasent posibel to buy them for my apartment, but are you 100 % sure I can buy them for my club ?

You answered I could write information aviable to the members. Do you know if there are any limits of space aviable ? I would have to write a lot, maybe several 100 of pages of text. Is it posibel to do this, or can the information system only show a few lines of text ?

Also can people enter my club, when I am not online ? Or is it simliar with the apartment system, that people can only enter when the owner's PSN-ID is online in HOME ?

Thanks for answering Digital :)
No trouble at all. Can't sleep anyway. ;)

Is my club a virtual room like, my apartment where people can enter ?
Yes.

If it is can i design it like i can with my apartment ?
Yes.

How do I get for example arcade mashines, or chess boards into my club. I heard it wasent posibel to buy them for my apartment, but are you 100 % sure I can buy them for my club ?
You can't currently buy aracde systems, and I don't know about being able to add chess or checker tables to a club, but I've been in a couple clubs that had the Namco classic aracde systems in them. They can be won by playing those games and reaching specific levels or achievements in the game itself.

Here is a thread that lists many of the things you can win by playing games in Home, and use in your personal spaces and club houses:

You answered I could write information aviable to the members. Do you know if there are any limits of space aviable ? I would have to write a lot, maybe several 100 of pages of text. Is it posibel to do this, or can the information system only show a few lines of text ?
I'm not sure the limit as I never tested it out to see. In the closed beta, the basic clubhouse gave you a large room with two billboards for posting messages to fellow members. There was also a large projector screen, but at that time there was no option to upload personal videos, or play music... but it's my understanding that is what will eventually be made available.

Also can people enter my club, when I am not online ?
Yes, as long as they are members of the club.

Ok I think I will hold on with my club idea's for the moment, as my idea dosent seem to be posibel, as I imagined it.

I would have liked to make a chess cafe, with some basic tips, and instructions about playing chess, and maybe to hold some tourny's.

Anyway the Chess in HOME is kinda limited, I had hoped for a litle more.

Like rankings, and options for clocked games ( Bullet, blitz, slow ) and options for the players to change the default view into a more basic 2 D board, with standard figures. Also some options for people to observe a game would have been great.

Its not very easy to play with the view it offers now. Anyway I gues most people owning a PS3 dont care to much about chess. I played about 20 games without a single loss, and I am not even a really good player.

Just It is a hobby of mine, and I liked the idea of making a club, with some tutorials and stuff. But I gues I have to wait until HOME gets more features.

We should plan to enter the clubhouse all 32 at once, see if we can't bring the Home servers down. ;)

A few of you Premium and Staff users have been accepted into the Home club. However, I have now received nearly 200 applications for membership, and it's an arduous task to sort through the list, matching up PSN names with GTP accounts. So, if you do meet qualifications for membership (Premium user or a member of the staff) and have an application pending, please send me a message via PSN containing your forum username. To keep things organized on my end, please title your message 'USERNAME' so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

A few of you Premium and Staff users have been accepted into the Home club. However, I have now received nearly 200 applications for membership, and it's an arduous task to sort through the list, matching up PSN names with GTP accounts. So, if you do meet qualifications for membership (Premium user or a member of the staff) and have an application pending, please send me a message via PSN containing your forum username. To keep things organized on my end, please title your message 'USERNAME' so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Sending Now via PSN. I take it your PSN is as under your Pic.

Back