Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday @ 3-4pm approximately

• Something else (specify in your post)

• Total voters

challenge series logo GTP

alms_logo.jpg

Check out the 2011 ALMS series hosted by Gogatrs here.

Tentative Schedule:

Thursday
7:00- Room Opens
7:15-7:45- TTChallenge Race
8:00-8:30- LMP Qualifying
8:35-9:05- GT Qualifying
9:10-9:40- GTC Qualifying
9:45-?- Open Practice

Friday
8:00- Room Opens
8:15- Legality Verification (Mandatory for Racers)
8:20- Grid-Up
8:30- Race Start

Saturday
7:00- TTChallenge GT3/4 Room opens
7:00- TTC Qualis
7:15- TTC Race start
8:00- Room Opens
8:15- Qualification begins, LMP first
8:25- GTE Qualification
8:35- Race start

Hairpin Challenge Series (ALMS)

This series offers ALMS drivers an opportunity to compete in a fun challenge each race week (approximately 15 laps or fewer), in addition to the serious, heart-pounding races of the American Le Mans series. Drivers of ALMS will receive preference for the races, with 0-3 seats open to the public, depending upon demand. Seating is first-come, first-serve in accordance with the seats (if three non-series drivers wander in and there are three open seats, they will take them, but if those seats are open and additional ALMS drivers show up, they may take them, with preference always going to ALMS drivers for open seats, regardless of designation--see seating chart below). Races will either be held Thursday evenings at 7pm or Friday nights before each ALMS race, with final decisions to be determined with race director gogatrs ASAP.

All events would take place on the ALMS track for that week, to keep with the spirit of Le Mans support races.

Races are as follows:

• Corvette Sport Americana (Laguna Seca)
Details: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 stock, non-RM, stock tires.

Podium:
t_ray_z28
neptune35 +17.287
tissimo +0.217

• Fiesta Fiat (Suzuka)
Details: A one make race pitting drivers against one another in vintage Fiat 500s, unmodified with stock tires.
Podium:
gtamann123
gogatrs + ???
spartyfan95 + ???

• 787B Anniversary Japan Disaster Relief Race (Daytona Road Course)
Details: 787B stock settings/hp/weight/tires.

Podium:
Razor70
tissimo + ???
Mitch_Z06 + ???

• The "Who Needs Porsche?" RUF EuroSwift Competition (Nurburgring 24 hour Course)
Details: stock RUF RGT '00s on stock tires for an exhilarating chase round the world-famous ring.

Podium:
speedracer24
marluxiaXI11 + ???
THAT_GUY_2 + ???

• Diesel Prototype Planet Earth Challenge (Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 w/o Chicanes)
Details: Saving the planet as fast as humanly possible, this series celebrates the introduction of diesel prototypes into multi-class sports car racing, as the Audi R10 and Peugeot 908 P1 cars face off. HP 680,
Weight 900kg per ALMS regulations

• Ferrari Formula Lites 2010 Cup (Cote d'Azure)
Details: Drivers will compete in stock Ferrari F2010 formula vehicles in this exciting high-speed showcase of brilliant Italian power at this well-known formula track.

Podium:
Draiza808
gtamann123 + ???
cowboys5965 + ???

• The Cobra Slider Special (Monza)
Details: Bone stock classic Cobras sliding every which way on sports tires.

Podium:
Tissimo
Gtamann +.052
Blaze_409 +.090

• GT Challenge Stint (Nurburgring GP/F)
Details: By now it's been an exciting series, and the GT Challenge drivers have to not only deal with each other but a majority field of passing traffic, causing their class to be especially challenging to compete in. In a celebratory race of the GT Challenge class, all drivers will compete in Ferrari F430s, stock.
Podium:
gtamann123
mockingbird000000000000000000000000000 + a lot
cowboys (DNS)

• Vintage LM Race (Circuit de la Sarthe 2009)
Details: Ford Mark IV, Ferrari 330 P4, Ford GT40, Jaguar XJ13, Chaparral 2D, regulations TBA
Podium:
Mitch_Z06
MarluxiaXI11 +10.731
freshseth83 + 11.661

Everything will be first-come first-serve, with preference given as aforementioned.

In the mean time please follow this thread and hang out, chat, etc. This post especially will be edited often for race details and what-have-you. Thanks for dropping by!

:gtpflag:Tower Turn Competizione:gtpflag:

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
*Subscribed*
Why don't you add the Vintage LM?
I think that we should run on race days.
If not, Thursday would be perfect for me.

And do you plan on making them a series with points, or just a sort of "club?"
Also, if we're not going to do it on race nights.
We should also do two races.
One on each track that's being used in each of the series'.

And do you plan on making them a series with points, or just a sort of "club?"
Also, if we're not going to do it on race nights.
We should also do two races.
One on each track that's being used in each of the series'.

That's an awesome idea about the two races. We could do two 15-lap races, or two 10 lap races, depending on what you guys want, and we could host it Thursdays unless others have issues with that, which will hopefully become apparent through the poll or posts.

I was not going to give points for this because I don't want everyone to have to waste their practice time for the other series getting super serious about it.

So yeah, more of a "club" or entertainment portion of the week.

Yeah man count me in for this. Suggestion- why not a Supercar Challenge with cars like the Z06, F430, DB9, Ford GT, Nissan GTR, Audi R8, etc. Limit it to sports softs and it'd be quite entertaining.

Yeah man count me in for this. Suggestion- why not a Supercar Challenge with cars like the Z06, F430, DB9, Ford GT, Nissan GTR, Audi R8, etc. Limit it to sports softs and it'd be quite entertaining.

For one mitch, we know what car you would choose for that race. I like the idea. Im thinking about trying to organize a GT4 series. It would be a really good support race for both series.

lilcat89
For one mitch, we know what car you would choose for that race. I like the idea. Im thinking about trying to organize a GT4 series. It would be a really good support race for both series.

GT4 would be an awesome support race!

The GTR? :dopey: yes ofcourse I'd take the Z06 hands down.

I was thinking about creating a GT4 support series that'd have their short race before the main LMES enduros.

MitchZ06
The GTR? :dopey: yes ofcourse I'd take the Z06 hands down.

I was thinking about creating a GT4 support series that'd have their short race before the main LMES enduros.

And ALMS races...

Never had the ALMS in mind for that series gogatrs....

Anyway, I'm not keen to hijack this thread other than this: I'll put together a list of cars for the Supercar Challenge if you want TT13, got some time on my hands....

Last edited:
Sure. I'd love everyone to be involved in this process. lilcat if you want to team up to have a gt4 event, or if you want to do your own support series, whatever works. Mitch, that would be cool for the supercar thing. As soon as I get home (a few hours) I'll be testing for a few like the minicooper. Which by the way, my minicooper is tuned. If anyone has a 98 cooper untuned could you gift it to me? I'll send you my tuned on in return ;)

Oh and Gogatrs can you send me the specs for the classic Le Mans race? I'd like to put that one first. Also did you have a specific track in mind or should I couple it with the track of the week?

Sure. I'd love everyone to be involved in this process. lilcat if you want to team up to have a gt4 event, or if you want to do your own support series, whatever works.

It honestly whatever you want. If you want a different event each week for both series or what. I can do a support GT4 for one of the series each week. Depending on interest.

Also what do you guys think about a 20th Anniversary 787B race?

That would be fun. I just need to get one!👍

Hey guys putting up a room for Hairpin Challenge Series testing. Will be testing on-track Thursday evenings during preseason. Room is

1472-6118-4216-8213-4778.

Perhaps we should do the Vintage race on both Le mans 2009 and 2005 w/o Chicanes...
And it's LM not RM lol.
I think that we should do the races Thursdays at around 7.
Then do qualifying right after.
Or do qualifying right before.
Whatever you feel works best.

Fixed the RM thing :)

Thursdays at 7 sounds good to me. I don't know when Mitch wants to do the LMES support thing, I decided to separate them that way so I actually have time to run them.

Last edited:
Tower Turn 13
Updated mitch.

Oh, also, what time do you want to do the races? ALMS will be Thursday at 7 with qualifying.

Why don't we just save time and not do qualifying.
Or use the results from the previous race.
Just start where the CPU puts us...

Why don't we just save time and not do qualifying.
Or use the results from the previous race.
Just start where the CPU puts us...

That could work for the challenge series. I like that idea. I meant with YOUR qualifying but your point is well taken. I really wanted to do pace laps with a pace car (me), but we don't have to do that either.

Tower Turn 13
That could work for the challenge series. I like that idea. I meant with YOUR qualifying but your point is well taken. I really wanted to do pace laps with a pace car (me), but we don't have to do that either.

We could...
I don't really care.
Youre the organizer!

is it still a place for me to join?

yeah, there're spots for ya :)

We're not gonna request seats anymore because that would get really tedious every week. It's a first-come first-serve basis for each series, Hairpin Challenge for ALMS and the GT series for LMES members. If you're a member of neither there are a few seats open for the public.

The Group C car list has been tentatively updated. This may change and become a 787B anniversary race, and some cars may be removed or added to the list. Let me know what you think, guys.

Also please start collecting cars now for the races. If I can I will grab a few of each of the under 1 mil cars to gift to series members who can't get them in time, but I probably won't find too many considering the amount of time I actually have to dedicate to recycling my UCD so please get your own if you can. I'll try to make things as straightforward as possible. Post if you need clarification.

For the diesel race, the 908 will need some added weight or something, because the R10 is slower. Just my .02

tissimo
For the diesel race, the 908 will need some added weight or something, because the R10 is slower. Just my .02

+1
I have most of the cars, so if anybody needs a car(s) just post.

Back